[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I didn't enjoy XV, will I enjoy the other games in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

If I didn't enjoy XV, will I enjoy the other games in the mainline? I'm one of those strange people that's played a ton of the side games like the Crystal Chronicles series, Fables, 4 Heroes, Theatryhtm, but hardly any numbered games, aside from 3 (ds), 1(psp), XV, and the XIII trilogy.

I just really want to get lost in a lengthy rpg.
>>
>>377642390
I don't know you or what you will like.

/thread.
>>
>>377642390
Besides 15 I've only played the X remaster, XIII and VII and found them very enjoyable. XV was very experimental for them.
>>
>>377642390
Playing backwards is the only way to do it. they get better each time until about 5.
>>
XV is probably the worst mainline ff.
>>
>>377642390
ff 15 was the first game I actually finished in years. It was fun.
>>
File: iuguigigui.jpg (218KB, 530x670px) Image search: [Google]
iuguigigui.jpg
218KB, 530x670px
>>377642390
FFXV was VERY different than say FF6-9

I would suggest playing those four. That was when FF was at it's best.
>>
>>377643781
I think XV was strong in everything but plot. It at least had the strongest main characters in the franchise.
>>
>>377642390
Try V for the game I and III wish they were.
IV, VI or IX
VII
X
XII

That pretty much divides the distinct eras up. Don't touch II or VIII since they are the worst in the franchise.
>>
XV is the only non MMORPG mainline Final Fantasy that has a huge open world where 75% of the game are side quests. It honestly doesn't feel like a Final Fantasy game.
>>
File: 1402A_trim.jpg (224KB, 680x420px) Image search: [Google]
1402A_trim.jpg
224KB, 680x420px
I'd recommend Final Fantasy 6, 7, 9 or 10 if you want a good one.

The series starts becoming questionable after 10. 11 is an MMORPG, 12 is a single player MMORPG, 13 is a mixed bag, 14 is another MMORPG.
>>
>>377645916
Ehhhh they were still shitty by modern standards
>>
>>377642390
Play 7 or 9. 8 is good too but admittedly kind of weird
>>
>>377643781
>worst mainline ff
>not 2
Anon, as much as we like to hate the WGOTY (and even that falls to No Man's Sky) nothing will come close to the mechanical mayhem that is FF2
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.