[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On higher difficulties its actually pretty good. Perks actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg (34KB, 238x293px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg
34KB, 238x293px
On higher difficulties its actually pretty good.

Perks actually matter then, armor and weapon upgrades are a must for survival, each enemy is weak to different damage types and using chemistry for temporary buffs and debuffs like achemy is TES are very helpful too.
>>
>>377637104
you kidding , right ?
just started a new playthrough, started at hard, stepped it up at very hard at lvl 10 , and its literally easy peasy, critical build is pretty strong ,and havent died a single time ,only reason i avoid survival diff is that i dont have fast travel
>>
>>377637691
i died lots of times and crit build up is slow as hell (very hard diff).
You are lying.
>>
>>377637814
maybe you're just bad at video games
>>
>>377637104
>On higher difficulties its actually pretty good.

lmao finished the game using only the 10mm, the only monster that game problems was that fucking gargantuan crab thing.
>>
on higher difficulties the game is fucking trash

>die in one shot
>enemies take 700 10mm to the face, no biggie
>>
>>377637814
what do you mean slow as hell ?
i fill up my crit meter at weak enemies and use crits at weak points at bosses , not that hard to understand
>>
File: 1495401282232.jpg (337KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1495401282232.jpg
337KB, 1920x1200px
>>377639475
have you upgraded your weapon, anon ?
do you use the perks for your pistol, anon ?
are you a retard anon ?
>>
>>377640931
Yes I did, retardo.

Enemies are still hpbags.
>>
File: enb2017_5_21_19_57_11.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
enb2017_5_21_19_57_11.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
FO4 is okay with some good weapon mods when I have literally nothing to play and just want to kill time.

I would never pay money for it though
>>
Man why do fallout/tes apologists always talk about difficulty making the game better. Gamebryo engine shit has awful combat, FO4 is decent when you're stomping around in a Power Armour with a big fuck off gun, but that shit should never be the draw of the game. On top of that, and certainly most importantly, difficulty is done just fucking terribly in gamebryo shit, Skyrim's Legendary is the perfect example of pure bad difficulty game design, 25% dmg done 300% taken. that's horrendous, on top of that you get level scaling too. fuck off with this garbage argument. The only good things about FO4 are the Power Armour, heavily modded settlements, which is mostly just for the RP and look, I think anyone who's played the game realizes how poorly designed the system is, and the gunplay is easily the best ever, it's still awful, but at least it'snot stiff garbage
Also if someone says anything about it being the Creation engine I'll literally pinksock myself from rage
>>
>>377642889
what mods do you run? And why would you never pay money for a game that you apparently enjoy enough to consider it your time killer.
>>
>>377637104
No. On Survival for the first thirty levels or so the game is MUCH better. After that it has the same problem as every other Todd Bethesda game where enemies have too much health. A quick example:
>my survival character is around level 80
>Spectacle island settlement where I built a huge tower with missile and Heavy laser turrets comes under attack from super mutants
>missile turrets do about 12% of one SM's health
>my guy with maxed out rifle perks with Gauss, it still takes several headshots

The stealth archer Skyrim meme still applies on Survival in FO4. It's really the only way to play, especially against super mutants and raiders with skulls made of iron.
>>
>>377643317
Because it butchered basically everything I loved about Fallout so I would honestly feel bad about supporting it. But on the other hand there aren't many other open world games I can shoot down mutants with an MK14, thanks to fanmade mods

FO4 earned enough
>>
File: unnamed.png (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
15KB, 300x300px
>>377637104
I really hope you're kidding
>>377642474
>>377637814
I really really hope you're kidding
>>
File: 1491545718188.jpg (144KB, 1024x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1491545718188.jpg
144KB, 1024x1152px
>>377643317
other person here

a couple of radio & weapon mods, season retextures so it does not look so barren, curie haircut and fast travel setup so i can travel from one settlement to connected settlement
>>
>>377637104
wong I can easily do a playthrough on survival and get to level 80without dying once and im not even one bit proud of it. its just fucking easy.

...but what you said can be true with a couple mods
>>
On any difficulty fallout 1, 2, and new vegas are still better.
>>
>>377645023
>do i fit in yet
>>
>>377639475

gotta love when v fags pretend to have played a game they obviously havent played.
>>
>>377643124
>Spend ages trying out all sorts of different combat mods to make combat less autistic and require more effort than keeping a restoration spell in one hand and my sword in the other
>Every single one tries to "solve" the problem by implementing ass backwards mechanics or stacking the deck in the enemy's favor
>Download the least autistic one
>AI goes from 1st grader retarded to angry 5th grader retarded
>Forgot enemies are either HP sponges or get 1 shot and have to deal with enemies that are not only more aggro but also do more damage because despite turning off modified damage amounts enemy's continue to do stupid amounts of damage compared to vanilla

I'm literally about to just say fuck it and go back to vanilla tier retarded enemies. Is there even a mod that ONLY modifies their behavior and NOTHING else?
>>
>>377643461
>It's really the only way to play, especially against super mutants and raiders with skulls made of iron.
you can play as a tanky chatacter + chems. the game is broken you literally can play any style that isnt retarded on purpose and win at survival
>>
>>377645623
Yeah I forgot about chems. I hardly used them outside of healing because psycho jet is just stupidly OP.
>>
>>377645620
>Is there even a mod that ONLY modifies their behavior and NOTHING else?

yes but i forgot the name. ive uninstalled it because i think rebalancer is better. maybe check out rebalancer

>>377646005

you should, theyre insanely OP.
>>
>>377637104
Is this game any good?
Never played any Fallout game but thinking of trying this one, is it worth the 60$?
>>
>>377646467
summer sale is in a month or so. the game will be 50~66% off. buy it at that time
>>
>>377646467
if you want to play the worst in the series first, then go right ahead
it's even worse than the popularly touted brotherhood of steel and tactics
>>
Lol let's make every single mission boring go here and kill everything but give you three different ways of accepting the quest and a no which means come back and say yes later. Let's do all this but still have our main shooting mechanics be about 10 years behind the curve of all the other shooters on the market. Let's get a 9.5 on ign for making this shit lol.
>>
File: pepetodd.jpg (57KB, 1592x1557px) Image search: [Google]
pepetodd.jpg
57KB, 1592x1557px
>>377645064
>>
>>377637104
Are you drunk?
>>
File: skymods.png (191KB, 1838x1074px) Image search: [Google]
skymods.png
191KB, 1838x1074px
>>377645620
What i do when I get the itch to spend a weekend with Skyrim is download a combat mod, I'm using Wildcat right now, and then tweak the lethality pretty heavily, make everyone have lowish HP, also i know there used to be an AI unlocker, i've not seen it since. Here's my current mod list, it's a bit of a shitshow, but it's relatively entertaining
>>
>>377647530
I currently use Wildcat as well but I wasn't a fan of all that it did so I set the lethality myself but only half the time does it seem to even listen.
>>
>>377647943
I removed pretty much all of it's features, the dmg buffs and AI tweaks are basically the only things intact. I won't be using it again that's for sure. Ended up not being able to survive a hit at level 3 from a draugr so I switched into the ever present stealth archereerrerery, now I'm doing magicks with that super comprehensive mod that adds like 140 new spells. It's pretty alright, I definitely feel obligated to use multiple companions though, the damage is still pretty fucky. I'm at 250 hp with 45 armor and soem light armor perks at level 16 anda fucking mudcrab 4 shots me
>>
>>377648186
Yeah been having that problem. Playing a blasted Paladin and enemies will either do jack and shit (typically the ones lower than your level) or they nearly 4 shot me. As I said even when I set it to what would equate to Expert in normal Skyrim enemies still do more damage than they did prior to using Wildcat.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.