[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In 1999, kids were too immature to understand the beautiful truth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

File: chrono cross 202605.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
chrono cross 202605.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
In 1999, kids were too immature to understand the beautiful truth of despair that Masato Kato tried to show them through Chrono Cross. But after 18 more years, can you finally understand?
>>
>>377633924
Its better than the original in every aspect.
>>
How dare you use the best part of the game to power your shitposting.
>>
>>377633924
I understood while being a kid. Cross is an excellent game.
>>
>>377634556
It isn't shitposting if you believe it
>>
>>377633924
great game he realized the kids that played chrono trigger grew up and wanted to make a game to match the age but autist threw a fit it wasnt an exact copy of trigger
>>
>>377633924
Never played it.
>>
>>377636130
You've never played the video game equivalent of Moby Dick
>>
Not even ff10 or witcher 3 can beat this game , music , gameplay, history not is a open world but who wana a empety space
>>
>>377633924
Shut the fuck up, Kato. You messed up and your fans yelled at you. Plain and simple.
>>
>>377633924
I was on board for Cross since day one man. I've never understood the hate. The music, the story, the characters, the art direction, just fucking everything. I also don't get the "Crono and the gang died, shit game" argument either, because they're fine at the end of the game if you get the good ending by separating Schala from Lavos
>>
>>377636409
So it's tremendously overrated trash?
>>
>>377637081
Most people did not understand that really since time travel is madness
>>
>>377633924
Man I need to replay this, but I just cannot play PSX on emulators anymore, after my PSP broke down.
Playing these games in bed on a handheld was just the perfect way to play.
>>
Loved the music. Hated 95% of the playable cast that just seemed like random character design vomit actually put into the game. Appreciated the battle system for trying something new, but couldn't stand the elemental grid system. Didn't care for the plot at all. Game was pretty though.

Overall it was aesthetically pleasing in most respects but I didn't enjoy playing it. But I kept thinking it'd get better. Asked around how to get Glenn since I knew he was in the game from the artbook, and apparently you had to be an asshole to Kidd, so I said fuck it. I quit 70% of the way through and never came back. Ended up reading the full plot later and was glad I stopped.

I'm sure there are people out there that enjoy it, but I didn't care for CC very much.
>>
>>377638620
>and apparently you had to be an asshole to Kidd
And? Glen is one of the best characters to have, period. It's worth leaving Kid to her fate. And she gets saved by Doc anyways, so who cares? She never gets mad at you, so really it's a no brainer.
>>
>>377638864
Yes, but I wasn't going to go back and replay the entire game, nor did I really feel like finishing it anyway. I just hate arbitrary player punishment like that. Where the consequence makes zero sense to the action. Like being fucked out of any realistic chance of getting the Zodiac Spear in FF XII.

It's a minor gripe but it stands out as a final "oh fuck you" moment that was just the last straw with a game I already wasn't enjoying.
>>
>>377638864
>>377639770
Well the game is easy enough. You can pretty much do whatever you want. You don't need Glenn. The only people who have trouble with Miguel are people for which CC was like their 6th or 7th JRPG or thereabouts. Once you see his damage output you simply know to keep your HP above that level.
>>
>>377637081
No,they are not fine even if you get the good ending. Chrono and Marle are dead, probably killed way back before CC even started while fighting the Porre army under the lead of Dalton. They failed to protect the Masamune, their Kingdom (Guardia go completly overrun by Porre) and eachother. And Lucca was killed by Lynx. So in that aspect, CC Plot was pretty shitty. Not to mention that its pretty stupid to get killed by ordinary soldiers or even Dalton after beating the most powerfull creature in the world...
>>
>>377633924
will OP be the sperm that fertilizes the future?
>>
>>377638864
>She never gets mad at you,

i took issue with that. made the choice feel inconsequential
>>
>>377640018
No, but the point is that I would have liked to have him in my party, but I couldn't because of some arbitrary decision that had nothing to do with Glenn. And in fact was an asshole decision to make that made no sense at all. That's bad game design.

CC wasn't difficult at all. It has nothing to do with whether Glenn was a good or bad party member. I wanted to have him along because he was one of the like four or five character designs that didn't make me want to stab my eyes with a fork.

I mean the Suikoden games have some bleh character designs but there's still a fucking boatload of characters that anyone would probably find pretty awesome or interesting. CC had a few dozen or something, but almost all of them were just random as fuck weirdness. A fat bitch. A lucha libre wrestler? A weird little alien? A bony, annoying kid. A clump of straw? Oh yeah, those sure are the character designs I want in my party. And few of them even got any character development at all.

Serge, Kidd, Harle, Glenn and a few others were about the only good ones. Which is pathetic in a game with a recruitable cast that huge. And that wouldn't be such a huge knock on the game if it weren't for the fact that the Suiko series proved you can have a gigantic cast and not have either of those problems.
>>
>>377640504
I would have honestly preferred if the CC story had absolutely nothing to do with CT. Because you could have changed a couple lines of dialogue and removed one scene and done so.
>>
>>377640504
>probably killed way back before CC even started
Lynx's interference is what led to the Masamune falling to Porre but Lynx is FATE and FATE is acting to prevent the Time Devourer from destabilizing the timeline and rendering humans extinct. If you kill the Time Devourer in the darkness of time which is outside all timelines, you give FATE no reason to act in the first place, no reason for Chronopolis and Dinopolis to battle etc etc.
>>
CT didn't need a sequel
>>
It was let down by an overstuffed combat system that had too many eh mechanics and WAY too many playable characters. If you're trying to tell a deep and beautiful story you can't have a cast of literal randoms who tag along for no reason at all.

Cut out 75% of the cast, remove one mechanic from combat, and you've got yourself a game that is immediately twice as good.
>>
>>377641302
Good thing it's a spin-off
>>
>>377633924
I play this game for the gameplay.
>>
>>377638864

Because you don't know any of that shit when you play the game the first time, especially without a guide. Who the fuck is going to leave the girl to die? Nobody, that's who.

Everything plot related in that game is a total fuck fest. Especially when it comes to making choices, none of it makes any kind of sense.
>>
>>377640504
That's wrong though. The entire reason for you getting the Chrono Cross was not only to separate Schala and Lavos but to restore the timelines back to one, one where the heroes of CT are alive and well.
>>
>>377642445
Of course, you'll learn that by actually playing the game, and doing different things each time. I had no idea that would happen, but I did it anyways, just to see how the story would change.
>>
>>377633924
I liked Chrono Cross.

But linking it this much to trigger was kind of a mistake. In fairness, I wouldn't have touched Chrono Cross if it hadn't been related to Trigger.
>>
>>377642823

"Play it over and over" is a shit excuse. Your first time playing a game is the standard and foundation for every other time you play it. It didn't make sense the first time, and knowing what to do the other times doesn't salvage it. It STILL pisses me off to this day that the arbitrary choices affect the things they do. It ruins the story.
>>
>>377643114
I would've checked it out because it looked interesting, but stayed precisely because it's a Chrono game. And the people that say that if they removed "a few references" it wouldn't even seem related to Trigger make no fucking sense. You take out everything from Trigger and you don't even have a game.
>>
>>377633924
Better than Trigger.
>>
>>377643429
How do you discover ANYTHING in a game without a guide, provided that the game wasn't made with the intention of selling guides in the first place (which is absolutely not the case with this game)? Do you not play it over and over, doing things differently every time? Or do you just play it once and then check a walkthrough online to see what you missed? Because that's unimaginative and boring as all fuck.
>>
>>377643450
I was interested in Cross because it was a CT game.

But I stayed because of the music, which is bittersweet for me. That entire game is tied to some bittersweet memories. Like when my older brother first moved out. For years I blamed myself because I spoiled the plot twist about Lynx to him and a week later he said he was moving out.

I thought it was my fault for so long.
>>
>>377643429
About 97% of games, when you replay them, you will learn new things about them. Only the most shitty rote walking sim with no gameplay will not have variance and added depth to be discovered. Some games will be extremely inscrutable on the first attempt although the amount of normies in gaming now has depressed that number, but in the past it was higher.
>>
>>377633924
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmQUYZA0Mlg

My 3rd favourite JRPG

Gets to much flak because of it's ties to CT
>>
>>377643670
>>377644045

Yes, but you would think that this wouldn't apply to basic cause and effect in regards to plot progression and character recruiting.

The problem is that IT MADE NO FUCKING SENSE, and thats on top of the ultra autistic plotline.

How in the name of Poseidon's engorged blue crank am I supposed to know that leaving Kidd to die will, somehow, make Glenn join me? And all the characters recruit like that. It ruins any connection to the characters in regards to the plot.
>>
>>377644532
So many scenes' power would be lost without the connection to CT. Wherever CC is, it must also destroy childrens' hopes and dreams. That is its purpose.
>>
>>377640578
schala plz
>>
File: 11-memories97.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
11-memories97.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>You couldn't chose Her
>>
Remember when they brought back Robo just to kill him? I do.
>>
>>377645468
>>377644824
>>
>>377645291
>choosing the French
>>
>>377645631
He rikez her sekze butt
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.