[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when is this old fossil going to step down and stop inter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 44

File: thanks miyamoto.png (574KB, 897x586px) Image search: [Google]
thanks miyamoto.png
574KB, 897x586px
So when is this old fossil going to step down and stop interfering? It's clear he's way past his prime and has lost touch ages ago. I'm amazed anyone still takes him seriously.

http://nintendo-power.com/2017/04/16/zelda-breath-wild-miyamoto-climbing/
>>
What about Color Splash and Star Fox Zero? Were those good?
>>
>Lets make climbing even more OP
Yeah naw, he was right this time.
>>
>>377631765
Yes.
>>
the proble with this is that there was nothing interesting to climb on, unlike AC
>>
>>377631765
>Star Fox Zero
Not at all
>>
>>377631872
t. miyamoto
>>
>>377631292
Are you really so dense? Can't you see using that idea would make climbing too fucking easy?
Be butthurt at Miyamoto as much as you want but the weapon idea was fucking stupid and he did the right thing not allowing it.
>>
>>377631292
In Japan, your boss is a god, anything he says or thinks is absolutely the right thing to do.
>>
File: loli rape.gif (1MB, 478x360px) Image search: [Google]
loli rape.gif
1MB, 478x360px
>>377631765
>Color Splash
>SF Zero
>good
>>
He made the right call, what's the point of a stamina wheel if you can just cheese it like that.

I do think however they should made something that would make climbing in the rain a little easier, like a potion or something
>>
If you could rest on your weapon while climbing stamina management would be pointless and climbing would be made totally trivial.

Miyamoto is out of touch, but he was in the right this time.
>>
>>377631292
This faggot has become such a salty old tool and a complete hack.
>>
Climbing is easily the wirst mechanic of the game, probably of the entire franchise, so he fucked up again.

Honestly he shoukd fuck off by now, it's embarrassing.
>>
Did he refuse the idea of making the combat and puzzles not for babies too?

I'm joking, of course. Nintendo doesn't hire people talented enough for that stuff, so it probably never even came up
>>
Climbing was already way too OP. Should have only been possible with some items/gear. Maybe have some a range of gauntlets you could find that give him more and more climbing strength/stamina.
>>
>>377632381
>Maybe have some a range of gauntlets you could find that give him more and more climbing strength/stamina.

you mean the climbing gear?

>Should have only been possible with some items/gear

that's stupid, that's like saying you can't run if you're not in running shoes

buffs are one thing, but it would have been beyond annoying to be incapable of climbing when not wearing the gear
>>
>>377632154
This. ITT: Baby OP wants to be babied.

If this "spec" had made it into the final game it would have been the last straw.
>>
>>377632163
>stamina management would be pointless
No it wouldn't. You'd still need to manage it for sprinting and such.
>climbing would be made totally trivial
No? It would just be less tedious.
>>
>>377631819
>>377632381
>climbing is "overpowered"
What did they mean by this?
>>
Wolfenstein 3D: Carmack Refused the Idea of Regenerating Health while Shot by Nazis.

Thanks, Carmack.png
>>
>>377632154
This, definitely.
I worked like a motherfucker to upgrade the climbing set, thinking the ability would be to make you not slip in the rain, but that never happened
>>
>>377632026
I didn't see him turn down the even more retarded idea of making all the weapons as durable as tree bark.
>>
>>377631292
>>377632771
>>377632684
Actually, I'm going to have to go with Miyamoto with this one.

One of the most challenging parts about climbing was ascending, while also aiming for areas that were flat enough for you to regain your footing before continuing the climb. If you could just stab the earth and regain your stamina for a bit, it'd ruin all the challenge of climbing because at any moment, you could stop to rest, regain your stamina, and continue going at no fault of your own.

It'd also make stamina upgrades useless overall as well, since there's nothing really stopping from climbing most areas of the game and there'd also be nothing stopping you from just stopping>resting>climbing over and over until you reach the top of any area.
>>
>>377633169
Because that would make all the other weapons obsolete once you got the most OP weapon ever.

It's only retarded if you don't learn how to use everything else in your arsenal and the only way you can deal with enemies is ramboing on them.
>>
>>377632026
>>377631819
>>377632154
>>377632640
>>377633291
Here's a tradeoff. Stick your weapon in a cliff, you can rest, but you lose the weapon. I think that would have been more than fair.
>>
>ITT: /v/ calls out non issues while also having no idea about game design
>>
File: nanalan loli.gif (851KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
nanalan loli.gif
851KB, 400x300px
>>377632026
The problem is that climbing is just boring. There's really nothing more to it than if you see vertical space and your stamina stat is high enough then you can climb it. It's just a numbers game, there's no skill involved aside from the occasional rainstorm in which case you're betting your jumps against an RNG mechanic.
>>
>>377632684
There's no "management" while sprinting because when you stop sprinting you just wait two seconds while strolling leisurely and then continue. The only other things that are potentially demanding for stamina use are swimming and gliding. With swimming it's rare for it to be an issue, with gliding I can think of one spot in the game where it's an issue.

It wouldn't make it any less tedious because it would take just as long to climb everything. Whenever you need to rest it's automatically taking longer because you're sitting there waiting for it to regenerate. Being able to rest on your weapon doesn't encourage you to explore the cooking system or find more interesting ways to get up something otherwise too tall. The only exchange here would probably be weapon durability to do it, and I know I'm not interested in having more ways to break shit.

If climbing was a more involved system, more layers like this, with proper balance, would be good. As things stand, it's so simple that the inclusion would only hurt the few means by which climbing is able to be fun.
>>
File: IMG_8596.png (490KB, 579x639px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8596.png
490KB, 579x639px
>>377632582
I wasn't aware that free climbing was part of Link's training.

Regardless of the poor textures that make climbing look stupid, there is no risk to climbing. Every single wall is exploitable with odd angles and elixirs, and the game autosaves so fucking often that God forbid if you fuck up you're not punished at all.

I would have been less inclined to climb everything if there was the chance of something interesting being missed, or if climbing was challenging. It's just fucking walking vertically, and is just as boring as walking.

>Create a game about exploration
>Fail to create a rich, original world worth exploring
>Make traversing it the most boring fucking thing since waiting for MMO raid queues

Seriously, why does LITERALLY NOTHING happen while you're "exploring" Hyrule for the billionth time? In ALTTP right out of the gate there were soldiers waiting on every screen to rip your dick off, in BotW every enemy is optional and you're immedietely so fast and elusive that if you accidentally wander into their range you can evade them with ease. Again, not like it matters because the game autosaves as soon as you enter an encounter.

Stop squeezing my hand so hard, Aonuma. This is the tamest wild I've ever seen, with some of the most boring action combat to boot.
>>
File: 2gud.jpg (54KB, 1115x395px) Image search: [Google]
2gud.jpg
54KB, 1115x395px
NEVER EVER FORGET: MIYAMOTO'S FIRST HOUR WITH BOTW WAS SPENT -ENTIRELY- ON AUTISTICALLY CLIMBING TREES. THE DEVS HAD TO ACTIVELY BEG HIM TO DO SOMETHING ELSE.

HE IS A SENILE OLD MAN AND WAY BEYOND HIS PRIME.
>>
>>377633587
>what is whistle sprinting
>>
>>377633481
>what is ravioli's gale late game
I'm sure you thought it would balance out in the late game because early and mid would have you use tree branches or rusty broadswords.
So what it does is make climbing easier and both additional stamina wheels obsolete mid game and revali's gale late game. My answer is no.
>>
>>377633481
No. If you can't do it in real life and you shouldn't be able to do it in a Zelda game either.
>>
File: MY witch.png (300KB, 460x430px) Image search: [Google]
MY witch.png
300KB, 460x430px
>>377633765
A glitch that makes the stamina wheel effectively useless.

Still funny that you can't get off of the Great Plataeu with it though because of the invisible death box.
>>
>>377633481
Nah, before you get the master sword you're going to blow through the bulk of your arsenal just trying to chew through the great temple bosses. Losing some of your arsenal just to ascend up the side of a cliff is asinine as fuck.

That and stamina upgrades, plus revali's gale, will already give you a reliable means later in the game to ascend most walls. Hell, with 2 1/2 rings of stamina, I was already capable of ascending one of the highest points in the game without resting.

Overally, you just need to git gud
>>
>>377633587
Actually rain isn't RNG. You "slip" in a set pattern, every single time. Something like 4-5 "steps". RNG might have actually been a superior design choice, if they had gone with it.

Then again who even cares? Rain doesn't last long enough to make a difference. Just go grab a drink or take a piss and it'll be gone, which if anything makes it even stupider. The first few times I ran into rain I decided to change my route to compensate, but I either exited the zone or the rain stopped after like 30.

tl;dr Climbing is pointless, and so is exploring the world.
>>
>>377633587
>there's no skill involved aside from the occasional rainstorm in which case you're betting your jumps against an RNG mechanic.
Wanna know how I know you suck at the game?
>>
File: cliffside camping.jpg (145KB, 634x813px) Image search: [Google]
cliffside camping.jpg
145KB, 634x813px
>>377633875
Well you know what faggot? It it was real life you'd be able to make a tent against the cliff to recover your stamina.
>>
>>377633987
>you can't get off of the Great Plataeu
There's a YT video where you can get off it without triggering the old man cutscene but only in a limited area.
>>
>>377634216
That's why I mentioned the death hitbox.
>>
>>377632360
so can you tell me an action adventure game that doesn't mostly have puzzles for babies
>>
>>377634098
Nigga don't even try to convince me that rain wasn't anything more than a minor inconvenience.
>>
>>377633997
>Losing some of your arsenal just to ascend up the side of a cliff is asinine as fuck.
That's the point. It's a tradeoff. Sometimes it's worth it sometimes it's not.
>>
>>377631292
What does this even mean? Using weapon to rest?
>>
>>377634569
Well a lot of things are a minor convenience once you git gud
>>
File: generic_anime_loop.gif (510KB, 346x367px) Image search: [Google]
generic_anime_loop.gif
510KB, 346x367px
I can see it working if it was really wasn't worth it. Breaks weapons after a rest and the rest should only fill an eighth of the bar.

Alternatively, it works only in the rain and not be a rest at all, just a tactic to assist climbing in the rain. Damages weapon and you can still slip off the wall if you time it wrong.

Make the mechanic a huge risk, low reward pay out so it makes the player
>>
>>377634569
His point is that it's not RNG and that you suck because you seem not to be able to play around it.
>>
>>377634724
Stupid Fujibayashi logic. Thinks you can rest while being suspended thousands of feet in the air while unaccustomed to the air pressure or volume.
>>
>>377634691
All it does is encourage you to pick up trash weapons like sticks and rusty weapons while forsaking better weapons because they'd be too good to waste climbing a hill.

It also wouldn't address the issue of it nerfing the fuck outta stamina.
>>
File: IMG_8593.jpg (22KB, 271x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8593.jpg
22KB, 271x310px
>>377634481
No.

The problem is that I can tell you some games with great action, some games with great adventures, and some games with great puzzles.

Slapping them together in the most mediocre fashion possible doesn't get really get me off. I'd rather a game do at the very least one thing great, than do a few things in an unremarkable fashion.

The Legend of Zelda at this point in time is for all insensitive porpoises just that; Unremarkable.
>>
Guys. Guys. Please. How about this: You COULD use your weapon to help you climb WHEN IT RAINS. It drains durability and still costs the same stamina as if you're climbing normaly. You just don't slip anymore.
>>
>>377634874
Sounds like a great way to bloat the game with useless features. It IS open world though, I guess.
>>
>>377631765
They are good games, they are bad games of their respected franchise. SFZ is just more SF64 with mixed opinions about gyro controls, some say it's brilliant and some say it's horseshit. Color splash is better than better than Sticker star, but still missing a majority of key elements as to what the core fan base enjoys from the series. To many good ideas get shot down by miyamoto, and miyamoto strives for gimicks to uphold innovation and gameplay ideas. which can be interesting, but again, often times cuts out a lot of possibilities and stagnates the product. research his involvement in Sticker Star and Skyward Sword.
>>
File: fresh memes.png (109KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
fresh memes.png
109KB, 550x550px
>>377634828
>minor convenience
Well yeah that pretty much sums up this whole game.

>>377634898
Except you're wrong because I was able to climb just fine in the rain just jumping at random intervals to avoid slipping. It never got difficult to the point that I had to figure out there was a pattern. I never said climbing in the rain was hard I just said it was at least something you had to think about as opposed to nothing.
>>
File: 518u3g2x8GL.jpg (50KB, 500x444px) Image search: [Google]
518u3g2x8GL.jpg
50KB, 500x444px
>people think this is a bad game
>>
File: 1422099718390.png (127KB, 275x213px) Image search: [Google]
1422099718390.png
127KB, 275x213px
>>377635424
>everybody forgets it exists when they say Splatoon is the first original game Nintendo developed since Pikmin
>>
>>377635214
Games literally full of useless polish.
It's the Nintendo way.
>>
>>377631292
While it might sound like an interesting idea on paper, it would just make climbing less interesting in practise.
>>
File: Dark_Cloud_PS2_Game_cover.jpg (26KB, 265x375px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Cloud_PS2_Game_cover.jpg
26KB, 265x375px
>>377633369
How is it possible that a game from 17 years ago by a newcomer studio was able to handle a large selection of weapons with durability and upgrade systems better than a game made today by veteran game developers?
>>
>>377636320
Talent and Purpose.

BotW was made with marketability in mind. It's the Star Trek '09 of video games. Fun for what it is, but you won't be getting a whole lot out of it.
>>
This is also a game where you can easily make a shit-ton of food that restores your stamina bar that you can eat as you climb, so honestly like 99% of the whining about BotW it's just another thing that only bothers people who haven't spent most than 20 hours playing it.
>>
>>377636510
>implying i should spend twenty hours playing a game i find drab as fuck in order to make a fair judgement on it
>>
>>377634214
How in the name of fuck they will get the bags and everything out of there?

>tfw falling while sleeping
>>
>>377631292
That idea seems cool on paper, but Miyamoto saw further and noticed the ability would have made the game way too easy. With proper balance and further research they could have made it work, but it would have required time to consider all possibilities and probable exploits.

It was a good call.
>>
>>377634214
Jesus christ, delete this right now
>>
>>377636320
It's also a game nobody gives two fucks about or remembers as anything more than a failed Zelda clone.

>>377636449
This is the stupidest comment I've seen in ages. You are literally calling BotW a cheap, market-tested cash-in when it couldn't be farther from that. Please kill yourself.

>>377636681
You're a fucking moron, please learn to read. The point is not "it takes 20 hours to get good", it's that a lot of the whiny critiques about the game are based on obstacles the player encounters early on in the game that become less of an issue later on. Also, 20 hours with BotW is NOT nearly enough time to make a fair judgement on the game. Please kys.
>>
>>377636320
There is literally nothing wrong with BotW's weapon durability system.
>>
>>377637282
It takes away the excitement of finding a new weapon because you know it's going to break after a few swings. I kind got bored with crafting too after I realized just how pointless it was to waste time crafting a weapon that's just going to break when you can easily find OP weapons that respawn forever if you know where to look.
>>
>>377637514
>I realized just how pointless it was to waste time crafting a weapon
Huh? Are you talking about breath of the wild?
>>
>>377631292
He was right. It would have added nothing to the game.
>>
>>377637754
He hasn't played it, he just watched Sterling's video.
>>
>>377637282
and there's nothing right with it, either. tell me about all the fun you had throwing away new weapons after five minutes of total use.

it's a pointless handicap that doesn't add shit to the game. coming from nintendo who have long prided themselves on cutting their games down to the pure, bare-bones gameplay experience, it's pretty strange.
>>
>>377631292
Miyamoto is against things
>>
>>377638030
It's an ammo system. Ammo systems have been in games since cavemen times, why are you suddenly throwing a tantrum about it? Would you enjoy the game more if the Boko Club was reskinned to an AK47 and made clicking noises instead of breaking until you found a new one?
>>
>>377636984
>You are literally calling BotW a cheap, market-tested cash-in
It was cheap. Cheap to make, anyway. That's just going by AAA standards. Not saying the AAA competition is better or worse, but BotW is one of the lower ROIs needed to break even based on production costs.
It absolutely is market tested. Specifically by other companies, over the last decade or so.

Nothing about it really strikes me as creative. I don't claim to know Fujibayashi or Aonuma, but their previous efforts in the Oracles and Majora's Mask, respectively, struck a much more creative chord than this. BotW is just a greatest hits album, but the franchise's greatest hit was being revolutionary, usually in a technical respect, and BotW is not. It's a Zelda game with everything popular from better adventure games, toned down for the limited hardware and sold by brand recognition.

What exactly am I supposed to be looking for in BotW?
>>
File: never-forget.jpg (63KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
never-forget.jpg
63KB, 850x400px
>>377638127
never forget Countrygate
>>
>>377638030
>tell me about all the fun you had throwing away new weapons after five minutes of total use.
lots? It's really satisfying to toss nearly broken at guys.
>>
>>377638217
>It was cheap. Cheap to make, anyway
And you know this thanks to...?
>>
>>377638030
>want to put lots of weapons in the game
>people will only use the highest dmg weapon
>boring autistic mouthbreathing cunts, we'll show them

i'm glad they implemented it
>>
>>377638262
broken weapons* fucking hell
>>
>>377631292
how would that even fucking work?

he sticks he sword on the wall and then sits one it?:
>>
>>377631292
I seriously hope the comments to this article aren't a bunch of edgy kids calling Miyamoto an old hack. That's honestly the stupidest idea I've heard that would've ruined the game. I hope who ever proposed an idea that stupid was fired.
>>
>>377638370
Miyamoto, who told us it needed to sell 2 million to break even. That's piss cheap compared to the rest of the industry, remember SE complaining about Tomb Raider not selling more than 3.5 million?
>>
>>377637282
It's terrible. Ostensibly, the whole point of it is to encourage players to experiment with different weapons and not just use a handful for the entire game, or to only use the weapons with the best stats. But it does the opposite. I just wound up using whatever shitty weapons I had on hand, and never used the better ones because I didn't want to waste them. I would have had much more fun and experimented much more if I didn't have the specter of durability looming over me the entire time.
>>
>>377632154
something involving spiders or frogs or ice. so you can stick on wet surfaces

or even climb water itself. like a waterfall
>>
>>377633704
he was looking for bugs in the climbing animation or colision system

thats what gaming dev is

it fucks with your mind
>>
>>377638627
Is it Nintendo's fault that you couldn't overcome your autism? The game throws more great weapons at you than you could hope to use, get over your hoarding.
>>
>>377638662
>or even climb water itself. like a waterfall
You can do that with the Zora Armor
>>
>>377638562
The sticking your sword into a stone wall part is dumb, but being able to just sit and maintain a certain position to rest up a little bit does make sense. Though it would need to have another mechanic that prevents you from abusing it to fully recharge the meter.
>>
>>377638229
>he never said this
>but I agree with it anyway
>>
>>377638217
>Nothing about it really strikes me as creative.
kek

yeah, you had freerunning and climbing in AssCreed, but that was basically automated and was also totally broken because of the "let me guess what you want to do by pressing down those 2 buttons"-"game".

But from where did they grab the "here is an actual open world, figure stuff out, no I won't help, bai"?
>>
>>377638229
I'm sure half of this was him being salty over the fact whitey had control over one of his characters, and turned it into a major system seller. Them doing the same thing with the N64 is probably why he """suggested""" Dinosaur Planet become a Star Fox game, while sabotaging Conker's ad campaign to the point where most people had no idea it was even releasing
>>
>>377638943
>but being able to just sit and maintain a certain position to rest up a little bit does make sense.
but you can do that if the wall is not stiff enough, just rest on a rock and then keep climbing
>>
>>377633704
Climbing in BotW was great.
But climbing apple trees in particular was a tiny bit awkward.

If that could have been fixed from letting Miyamoto climb trees for a days then perhaps he should have done so.
>>
>>377638229
>2017
>Still no source for this quote anywhere on the internet
>>
But you can climb everything except cliffs by just letting go and running against the cliff to build stamina anyway.

Who gives a fuck?
>>
File: link brutananadilewski.jpg (32KB, 600x477px) Image search: [Google]
link brutananadilewski.jpg
32KB, 600x477px
>>377638627
>>377638874

It's literally the potion paradox but applied to weapons. It's like when you play an RPG and find some op consumable item or some shit so you never want to use it. You save it for the final boss but by the time you beat him you have like 30 left over.
>>
>>377638874
Yeah? How is it not? The sole reason for durability to exist, and it failed spectacularly.

How would the game be degraded in any way were durability non-existent?
>>
File: 1489975900484.jpg (72KB, 694x606px) Image search: [Google]
1489975900484.jpg
72KB, 694x606px
>>377635140
>most consistently critically acclaimed gaming franchise of all time
>unremarkable
>>
>>377638212
No, in games with good ammo systems like Mega Man or Doom, it serves to make the game more challenging. In games with shitty ammo systems like Fallout 4 that give you an unlimited space for ammo carrying, or Metroid Prime 2 where the ammo is anywhere and everywhere, it's just as pointless as the durability in BotW.

In other words, no, the weapon durability isn't the worst thing to happen to Zelda, but it's so pointless I have to ask why they bothered at all. it's a waste of time.

>>377639151
I can believe he said it because it lines up with his design philosophies and how badly he screwed over Rare towards the end of the N64 days.
>>
>>377638217
>It was cheap. Cheap to make, anyway.

Proper QA costs tons of monies.
Other AAA-in-budget-only games save those costs and simply release unfinished Alpha versions of their games.

BotW on the other hand had almost no patches at all and was also never a broken piece of shite. Just compare that to cinematic, linear schlock like Until Dawn, which has 10+ GB in patches, which is basically crazy.

How long was BotW in development? 5 years? Yeah, must have been really cheap to make, I'm sure.
>>
>>377639240
You could walk to Hyrule Castle, pick up a Royal Broadsword and trivialise the next fifty hours of gameplay. Durability allows you to break away from the normal progression path temporarily. Want to do a major strength shrine or start hunting Lynels fresh from the Plateau? You can, with some prep work.
>>
>>377631292
You know. If using your weapons to rest while climbing had been Miyamoto's idea. And they had actually implemented that in the final game.
I bet you people would have complained about that too.
>>
File: 1490325204099.jpg (342KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1490325204099.jpg
342KB, 800x800px
>>377633291
>>377631292

>not making a bajillion stam foods and cheesing every cliff that looked at you wrong

I don't know why Miyamoto was for closing a door but not shutting the bay windows.

I loved how every time the game was like "okay play me this way you fag" I could just cook up a big load of fuck you. I probably would have stopped at Zora's Domain if I wasn't able to chute in from Mt. Lanayru while stuffing carrots down my twinky mouth pussy.
>>
File: 1482210902541.gif (31KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482210902541.gif
31KB, 800x720px
>>377639116
In real life climbing if you have solid hand/foot holds you can hold your position and regain some lost stamina.
>>
>>377639240
because then the minute you get a good weapon you can plow through the entire game with no effort
>>
>>377632154
what IS the point in the stamina wheel?
>>
>>377639240
>durability
>failed spectacularly.

So you haven't played the game. Okay.

>muh so much fun getting 1 sword and using it the whole game
>muh other game, that stops this shit, failed totally, because I said so

Why have various weapons in games without game mechanics like in BotW? It makes no sense.
>>
>>377631765
No. They had good moments but those only make it more disappointing. Miyamoto killed starfox, metroid, and paper mario, and he's trying to kill zelda.

Zelda was originally planned to have 80 dungeons, but even realistically it would have had way more than 4 puzzle rooms. Miyamoto stopped that and pushed shrine, and he didn't even want as many as there were.
>>
File: 1312321156161.png (13KB, 619x491px) Image search: [Google]
1312321156161.png
13KB, 619x491px
>Climbing is a numbers game.

But I enjoyed it?

Sure, there's nothing to fight, but just the sight alone and the feeling of climbing on top of some beautiful wilderness and packing a can of "fuck you" on the developer's intended roads made for a fun experience.

Hell, I even cheesed the final dungeon by climbing on top of those titanic pillars at the side of the Castle, then used Tornado Jump and skipped right to Zelda's study, and then the entrance.

I thought climbing was fun, and adding enemies on it would make it frustrating instead of fun.
>>
>>377638370
My dad works at Nintendo

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/06/30/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-needs-to-sell-2-million-copies-to-break-even/#1a85608c615f

Now obviously 2,000,000 isn't exactly peanuts, but it's closer to Far Cry territory than anything else.

For reference;
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop
>>
>>377632083
In everywhere, your boss is the person whose paying you, and if you say no to them they'll stop paying you.

The only one who cared about the right thing to do for a game over their paycheck in the entire industry was Iwata. Reminder that Miyamoto originally said no to smash brothers, and that Iwata had Sakurai make a demo anyways.
>>
>>377639747
Source
>>
File: When the LSD hits.gif (142KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
When the LSD hits.gif
142KB, 640x480px
>>377639747
I totally agree with him though, there were too many shrines and they're easily the worst part of the game.
>>
>>377639537
using a weapon to rest is too easy

cooking stamina regen meals requires forethought and effort
>>
File: 1490295667484.jpg (61KB, 863x581px) Image search: [Google]
1490295667484.jpg
61KB, 863x581px
>>377640013
>cooking stamina regen meals requires forethought and effort

Anon we both played the game and you know this isn't true.
>>
>>377639747
>Miyamoto killed
>metroid

Are you dense?
That's Team Ninja and Sakamoto, you retard.
It was also killed by so called Metroid "fans", which didn't buy any game at all for the past 15 years.

2D Metroid
>nope, don't want to buy it
first 3D Metroid
>nice, will get it. Oh yeah best thing ever
second 3D Metroid
third 3D Metroid with perfect controls
Trilogy of all 3 3D Metroid games
Cinematic shit game by the Team Ninja morons and Sakamoto
>nope, don't want to buy it (granted, fair choice)
Coop based 3D Metroid
>I actually want 3D Metroid (no, you obviously don't - otherwise you would have bought Metroid 2+3+Trilogy)
>I actually want 2D Metroid (no, you obviously don't - otherwise you would have bought Zero Mission)

just kill yourself
>>
>>377638983
Can you repeat the question?

>>377639409
Do you ask the people who sat next to you in the theater their opinion on the movie before you form your own? I've got nothing against the series' previous success or even its current success, let them eat cake for all I care. I just haven't found it to be very good in the last decade or so.
>>
It says a lot about how much they fucked up climbing in BotW when it's ten times more fun in Xenoblade X, a game where your only movement options on foot are run and jump.
>>
>people are still playing/caring about BotW
How?
>>
>>377640331
Nintentards have nothing else to play.
>>
>>377639871
Deadpool cost 100 million, how the fuck?
>>
>>377640203
you need to gather ingredients and find a place to cook them. you won't always have one on hand

you always have a weapon on hand. even if using it during climbing expended it, it still makes it too easy to trivialize the stamina restriction on the climbing mechanic
>>
>>377640224
He's the reason Prime was a slow first person Haloid and for that he can go fuck himself.
>>
>>377635021
So like how it is now?
>>
File: botw.jpg (434KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
botw.jpg
434KB, 2560x1440px
>>377639853
>just the sight alone and the feeling of climbing on top of some beautiful wilderness

Oh boy I sure do love staring at big blocky textures and looking over the horizon to see a landscape reminiscent of a PS1 game.
>>
File: 1494514136629.jpg (298KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494514136629.jpg
298KB, 1920x1080px
>>377640331

I just finished it so I'm checking out threads.

>>377640389

This is pretty much true. I have the Wii U version, which was a pleasant surprise to the two other games I bought the system for (Bayo/Xeno).

IDK how Nintendo-only people do it. Especially if they have a Switch lmao

>>377640508

There were multiple ways to make stam food/elixirs and my fine-toothed comb/cranny checking autistic ass never had to actively go "farm" anything.

I'm willing to accept other people had lighter inventories, but I refuse to believe anybody struggled to make whatever food they were after.
>>
>>377639049
>>377639447
Most of this stuff /v/ repeats about Miyamoto amounts to bad fanfiction.
>>
>>377640615
>PS1 game
Underaged detected. I'm willing to bet you've never even played a playstation game.
>>
>>377640435
half of it went into junkiexl's modular wall
>>
>>377640850
The climbing story is real and recent.

They prepared a vertical slice of BotW to show him and he spent between 30 to 60 minutes basically only climbing trees. The devs DID have to ask him to please try some other features.
>>
>>377640292
Hey faggot,
tell me, which other open world game basically told you "here is a large open world, go figure stuff out" and the game won't help you with that.

That's what literally happens in BotW. It even explicitly tells you to fuck off, when you ask the old dude for help.

The typical main stream pseudo-open (empty) world is to cater to moron gamers aka millennials, who can't figure anything out by themselves.

What Nintendo did in BotW is what basically no AAA-budget company would do, because >muh financial risk.

That's why you get shit like
>wallhacks
>regenerating health
>map with everything on it, so that you faggot won't get lost
>pointer to where to go next, so that you faggot won't get lost
and other modern game crap.
>>
>>377640785
>IDK how Nintendo-only people do it
Because I have a job, social life, school and don't have time to play video games every waking hour of my life. Playing through just one of two games a month is fine with me.
>>
>>377640224
What the fuck are you even talking about? Where are your facts that all the metroid fans just all stopped buying the games?

maybe nintendo just didn't market prime 2 and 3 or zero mission well enough that casual fans could find out about them.

I'm not saying i agree with the idea that miyamoto ruined metroid, but it's equally dumb to just pin it on the fans without any facts.
>>
>>377631292

why is this news? why is this made into an article? Who took the time to write about such a non issue? Worse yet, who took the time to read it?
>>
>>377640978
>he spent between 30 to 60 minutes only climbing trees
Is Miyamato autistic?
>>
>>377641242
>gamers who post on the internet care about inconsequential bullshit

doctor, i think you've cracked the code
>>
>>377640785
i never struggled to make the food i was after, but it meant that if i had trouble climbing a certain obstacle, i had to leave and cook something if i just wanted to cheese it

i had to potentially spend more time either gathering materials or cooking meals than if i were more skilled at finding natural rest spots during climbing or were better at pathfinding in general, so there actually was a reason to want to be good at traversing the environment

using weapons would be too easy because it would take no time because there's never a point where you don't have an abundance of weapons besides immediately after tough fights
>>
>>377641242
Negative Miyamoto headlines get you clicks these days.
>>
>>377641371
He's OLD and SENILE
>>
>>377640615
What's that screenshot supposed to prove? That looks fine to me
>>
File: SurelyYouJestin.jpg (124KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SurelyYouJestin.jpg
124KB, 2000x1000px
>>377640545
>actually shitting on Prime
it's people like you that actually kind of make me glad the franchise is dead, you don't deserve shit
>>
>>377632684
>No? It would just be less tedious.

should have maxed you stamina bar from the start instead of adding casual containers.
>>
>>377641186
metroid prime shat on my interpretation of Samus as a character from the original series. She's supposed to be a massive pipe laying butch bounty hunter with muscles like a tank who was raised by alien bird people and they made her a blonde bimbo in tights and heels
>>
>>377641771
The original metroid shat on your interpretation of Samus, she was always fapbait out side of the suit.
>>
File: Pepe's daughter.jpg (5KB, 250x218px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe's daughter.jpg
5KB, 250x218px
>>377641371
>>377641449
>Miyamoto spends 3 months in an empty room running around a room just jumping while working on Mario 64
>"He's a master craftsmen, the best in his field, a visionary!"

>Miyamoto spends 3 hours just climbing trees while working on BotW
>"Lol what an autist! HACK! He's too old!"

What did /v/ mean by this?
>>
>>377642045
When he was making Mario 64, he was refining mechanics and "gamefeel"

When he played BotW, he was being an autistic asshole and ignored 80% of the shit in the demo because he wanted to climb trees. He wasn't a dev on BotW. They were only showing it to him because it's Zelda and he has control over his major franchises and always gets a say.
>>
File: 1454294845641.png (42KB, 272x287px) Image search: [Google]
1454294845641.png
42KB, 272x287px
>>377640545
He's the reason why Prime even had a morph ball. Retro were too lazy to try and make it work until Miyamoto told them to do it or fuck off from the IP.
>>
>>377635680
They also forget Elite Beat Agents, Pandora's Tower, Chibi Robo, Rhythm Paradise and more
>>
>>377633369
MMMM it's not like any other decent game managed to deal with that gripe, right retard ? It's almost as if diversifying the weapons with different attacks and play styles that players can choose to their liking would resolve it, in addition to customization of scaling attributes or elements....

Oh yeah, that's industry standard now. You Nintenbros lack any creativity and live in a fucking bubble. This is shit that fucking Dar, Souls figured out.
>>
>>377640998
>X is bad
>Y isn't necessarily X
>it must be good!

Regardless of your projection, BotW does hold your hand in many ways, I'll try and recall them;

>Mandatory tutorial for the 4 items used to solve every Shrine and unnecessary exposition for a recycled plotline
>Shrine titles more often than not reveal the solution to the puzzles that don't require much thought to begin with
>Autosaves before every enemy encounter
>Enemies are very few and far between, and for the most part don't mess with you unless you walk on top of them
>"Dungeons" flat out don't have enemies, aside from a few mini-guardians
>Quests have Quest Markers...
>with exception to Fetch Quests and Shrine Quests, the latter of which are very few and don't even have a puzzle Shrine
>Map is revealed via Towers
>Unlimited Fast Travel
>Shrine is not required to be completed to Fast Travel to it
>Unlimited Bombs
>Unlimited carry weight for game-breaking food
>Arrows are everywhere, Elemental and Regular, whether you want them or not
>Ore deposits everywhere; Unlimited Rupees everywhere
>Dungeon approaches are minigames that a nobody character spends 15 minutes telling you how to play
>Red lights to tell you how to complete the 15 minute, no challenge, no threat, no exploration, no adventure allowed dungeon
>RED DIALOGUE INDICATING SOMETHING OF IMPORTANCE

I'm sure there was more, but I'm not sure if I'll ever be in the mood to boot it back up to check. Overall the game felt like easy mode. Yeah there weren't so many cutscenes you couldn't even play the game *cough*Sun/Moon*, but the combat is so simplistic, but more than that the enemies were. Yeah they can one hit you, but their telegraphs are so easy to read and they take so long to react to anything it's almost a joke.
>>
>>377639595
If there was no stamina wheel, reaching a tall place wouldn't be as fun. Imagine getting into the Gerudo Highlands right from the beginning. It would just be slow climbing to reach the top. There's a sense of gratification early on when you get up there while managing stamina, like you reached an area that you weren't supposed to be in yet. By the time you've maxed out the stamina wheel (minimum of 40 shrines), you're going to be fairly experienced in the game so that climbing becomes far simpler and you have certain tricks to help you get all the way up. You may even have the climbing gear. A beginner may see a cliffside as an currently insurmountable challenge, but an experienced player starting all over again won't see it as an obstacle whatsoever. They'll have ideas already in their mind about where to get the best materials for stamina-increasing and stamina-restoring potions, food and elixirs for cold resistance after climbing up to a certain height, and even know of locations where overhangs are present in case it rains and they need to make a fire to pass the time.

Without a stamina wheel, none of this would matter and the feeling of accomplishment for climbing a cliff would be severely diminished.
>>
>>377637282
Perhaps if you've lived in a bubble, where you never experienced other video-games. It's depressing that I have to fall on the ark Souls did it better" cliche. It's fucking ridiculously ignorant, and detached from reality to ague that weapons breaking unrealistically, which so many complain about - is a good idea, because of some some personal, contrived shit that you're undoubtedly going to spew out.
>>
File: samus2.jpg (2KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
samus2.jpg
2KB, 251x201px
>>377642030
she was jacked anon
>>
File: Miyamoto trees.png (158KB, 645x1302px) Image search: [Google]
Miyamoto trees.png
158KB, 645x1302px
>>377642045
I don't get why people put such a nasty spin on the trees story. The attitude of the director and development team didn't reflect that at all. They were all very pleased with the idea of getting lost doing simple, fun things within the game.
>>
>>377643118
>unrealistically
What the fuck?
>>
>>377643024
I got to the Gerudo Highlands by just slow walking at Skyrim angles.

Imagine my surprise when there was fuck all up there.
>>
>>377643187
They are desperate to shit on Miyamoto, don't worry bout it.
>>
>>377643118
Dark souls did not do it better, because they fucking do it differently.
>>
>>377643347
tell them to poo in the loo
>>
>>377640568
How so?
>>
>>377635021
you're talking to the kind of person who would skip gameplay to just watch cutscenes if he could
>>
>>377638874
It's certainly Nintendo's fault that they made a game where you're better off literally avoiding every fight because you'll waste resources.

>>377639591
Good game design would prevent that, like - every other fucking videogame made, chump.

>>377643236
Weapons do not explode after 8 kills, chump. Dark Souls did it better with weapon repair repair, and weapons lasting substantially longer before breaking, like a real weapon.

BOTW's durability system is unrealistic and a contrived, shitty mechanic, that only uncreative idiots like;
>>377639591
>>377639729
cannot think around.

>>377643485
People aren't complaining about the weapons breaking in Dark Souls. Oerople are certainly complaining about BOTW's, which contrives a limitation which wasn't present in previous Zeldas. BOTW's combat andweapobs are not only inferior to Dark Souls, but to other Zelda games.

BOTW was a first attempt at Nintendo replicating games like Skyrim and DS, and Nintendo's choice for weapon degradation is shit, unfun, unrealistic, indicates lack of thought, and relies on contrarian idiots to rationalize terrible arguments in its defense.
>>
>>377643850
are you old enough for 4chan

serious question
>>
>>377643347
They put rupees on the tops of trees, he was being methodical whether or not it reflects badly on him is another story.
>>
>>377643850
Shit on weapon durability and enemy variety if you want. But combat in BotW is really solid and by no means worse than the combat of the previous games.
>>
>>377641771
>>
>>377632154
what's the point in having a climbing mechanic at all when it rains as much as it does?
>>
>>377642881
>BotW does hold your hand in many ways
If all the shit you wrote is what you consider "hand-holding" then all I have to tell you is that you've either played too many "open-world" Ubisoft games...or not enough
>1
The tutorial section literally teaches you everything you'd need to know to play the game, from climbing to activating towers to using your runes to even avoiding guardians.
>2
While most enemies will generally mind their own business, there are some sections of the game where the enemies are aggressive, either because they're hunting horses or attacking random travelers.
>3
The Fast Travel feature only works if you've activated a shrine or a tower, so in order to make the most out of it, you have to be going out in the world and uncovering temples and shit. Also, it makes backtracking to certain areas much less of a hassle, especially for shrines that require you to go outside of it to complete it.
Everything else is just nitpicky nonsense not worth a comment.
>>
>>377635245
>They are good games, they are bad games of their respected franchise
i'd argue that you're right about color splash, but sfz was not a good game in any way, shape, or form
>>
>>377643850
Holy fuck you are autistic
>>
>>377640224
>What is blastball?
Why are tourists allowed to post?
>>
>>377639990
>I want zelda to be an open world game with nothing to do, and no dungeons
why?
>>
>>377638662
>>377632154
>there should be [thing that there already is]

>>
File: Open Window Maniac.jpg (59KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Open Window Maniac.jpg
59KB, 512x384px
>>377639537
>>
>>377643975
Are you old enough to have played games that did weapon durability right, without having to contrive a bad mechanic for the sake of paper thin, flimsy game design ?

>>377644414
That is PURELY due to enemies having g decent Ai this time around. Mechanically link is incredibly limited and combat through Link is awfully limited. Every weapon gas a single type of attack minus jump attacks and spin attacks. Your smacking things with a styrofoam club in BOTW.

There needed to be more variety in the situations that would require weapons of certain types, sharpness, length, attack orientation of attack, etc. Weapoms could have had different control inputa. All the different elemental weapons could have had magic attacks that attack differently despite the same button inputs.

This would have requires some thought regarding enemy statistics, level design, movesets, etc. but Nintendo didn't want to put that effort into the game. But no, Nintenbros only like shallow games and have not played better games to compare things with.
>>
File: annoyed.gif (577KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
annoyed.gif
577KB, 540x540px
>>377645136
The reason why you think the open world is so empty with nothing to do is because there's fuckall without the shrines. Put the puzzle shit outside of the shrines and you fix the problem.
>>
>>377644708
You can climb even if it rains.
>>
>>377645308
What game did weapon durability right besides Dark Souls 1?
>>
>>377644442
Was this made in response to other M?
Wasn't Samus literally shown as a child in front of Ridley even though she had killed him with relative ease two times before - once while being a mechanically enhanced version?
Wasn't Samus shown to blindly allow herself to die because Daddy didn't let her put on her anti-lava suit?

That's not "getting to know someone better".
>>
File: Screenshot_20160730-014835.jpg (2MB, 1064x3304px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160730-014835.jpg
2MB, 1064x3304px
>>377638627
>>377643850
>>377645308
>IT'S BAD BECAUSE NINTENDO!
>>
>>377645343
Miyamoto didn't want any of that though. He pushed shrines but he didn't want as many. He didn't want any dungeons which is why the beasts are so short. He didn't want any puzzles outside of shrines, he just wanted shrines.

Adding content is expensive, so he just didn't want content in the game.
>>
>>377645476
There is an alternate universe where 4chan is 99.8% females and someone said "Is that why guys never pick you up?"
>>
>>377645476
It's bad because you're incapable of reading arguments how other games have done weapon durability better, but because you've only played Nintendo games - you have nothing to compare it to.
>>
>>377645404
Lmao Bloodborne , but realistically any PC RPG with blacksmiths and non-exploding weapons.
>>
>>377635381
>jumping at random intervals to avoid slipping

This is what theyre making fun of you for
>>
>>377645435
Actually, I remember reading an interesting article where Samus' characterization actually line up with and makes sense if you consider the idea that Samus is a character in an abusive relationship with Adam, and the game sort of romanticizes it. It even explains the character shift between other M and other games.

Unfortunately, I was going to link it, but it appears the website got taken down at some point. The basic general gist of it is that Samus 'transforms' into a more infantile state because Adam is watching her, which is why she breaks down in front of Ridley the way she did. I really wish I could find the article again. It was titled "Other M: The Elephant in the Room"
>>
>>377645702
>"this is how YOU think"

If that's the length you have to go to in order to pretend to have a foot in this race then go right ahead
>>
File: Special Ed Akko.png (266KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
Special Ed Akko.png
266KB, 665x574px
>>377645404
>Dark Souls
>Doing anything right
>>
>>377645308
And you can throw weapons. Heavier weapons have spin attacks. You can parry and dodge. For some reason you're not even mentioning the bow. Critical hits are a thing unlike in previous games. Electricity can be used to make enemies drop their gear. Fire deals damage over time. Ice can immobilize them. You can combine elemental effects too. You've got two different types of that you can remote detonate. The stasis which can temporarily freeze enemies. And a much improved physics engine. You can knock enemies into enemies, or knock objects into enemies, or knock enemies off cliffs and have them roll into things or simply have them die not from a flat fall damage but from continuous fall damage from rolling down. Which is also something that goes both ways for when things are out to hurt you.

I won't say the combat incredible or that other games can't compete with or beat it. That'd be silly. But the combat is solid, and in terms of Zelda alone, I really can't see how you could deem the previous games to do a better job at it.
I'll flat out say it. Breath of the Wild has the best combat in the franchise.
>>
>>377645887
Except in this situation with a nearly universally-disliked mechanic, I am right.
>>
>>377634214
White people lmao
>>
>>377645661
>a website filled with smelly NEET women
If only.
>>
>>377644718
Again, I don't care what Ubisoft games do or don't do. I enjoyed Far Cry 2/3/4 for the Gunplay and Vehicles (which is why I skipped Primal and will return for 5) and Assassin's Creed II somewhat for the story it told.
I don't live or die by what Ubisoft does or doesn't release, which is why I'm not acting like a fish gasping for air because Nintendo released something vaguely similar (but not really) to an Ubisoft game, but that apparently does everything the opposite and therefore betterer.

Breath of the Wild holds your hand in the sense that it is very accessible, something I'm familar with, seeing as I've played most games in the series. It's something I'm not necessarily opposed to, after all if I wanted to play Demon's Souls, I'd play Demon's Souls. I think the biggest issue is Aonuma's mindset on the Story and the way the story is told. Yeah, games should be for gameplay, I'm all for that, but when you get into Adventure games the line becomes slightly blurred.
The story is entirely optional, and as
such it comes off as an afterthought. So all you're left with is the same old, purposefully accessible gameplay of a standard Zelda game except tenfold. It's OK, but it's not really something I'm going to invest dozens of hours in. I can't recall enjoying fighting a single enemy, either by the combat alone or the context.
The exploration might have sated this, but it didn't take very long to realize that I was pretty much just in Hyrule again, and after 70 Shrines I wasn't convinced that the 50 I missed were going to be any better.

For a franchise built on a basic storyline about villainy and heroism, this game has none of it. Ganon isn't a villain, Link isn't a Hero, Zelda isn't a Damsel, Hyrule isn't in peril. It's OK to change it up, I'm all for changing the setting, writing a new story, and especially new characters, but taking the old and thinning it out until it's unrecognizable is ridiculous.
>>
File: FaceApp_1493862108096.jpg (179KB, 990x990px) Image search: [Google]
FaceApp_1493862108096.jpg
179KB, 990x990px
>>377646028
You should leave your bubble a little more often
>>
File: mike.jpg (36KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
mike.jpg
36KB, 663x579px
>>377646051
There is. It's called NicoNico Live.

>tfw we will never relive the glory days of nico threads on /v/
>tfw never found out what happened to Lightning-chan, Tomoko-chan, and that weird guy who streamed himself wandering around neighborhoods at midnight.
>>
>>377646263
Except Nintenbro, that is the argument we're telling you. You're retarded mechanic is disliked by people who live outside of your Nintendo bubble - and you're clinging on to broken logic as to why this contrived, shitty mechanic is apparently for the better. You're no different from the Skyward Sword apologists, who were adamantly defensive the structure of that turd.
>>
>>377646195
You could've just wrote "I'm a filthy casual who knows nothing about the game" and saved yourself a few minutes of typing.
>>
>>377642881
>>Unlimited Bombs
But there is also a cool down.
As far as combat is concerned bombs are actually less potent in this game than in previous games. In previous games you could just chuck bombs endlessly until you run out. In rapid fire succession.
Here you may not run out, but you can't rely on them as much as far as being aggressive with goes.
>>
>>377646464
>"NO YOU!"
>"MY OPINION MATTERS! CONVINCE ME OR STOP DISAGREEING!"
>"WOW, HOW WAS A SUPPOSED TO KNOW THERE WERE BUGGED COMMON SENSE MECHANICS"
>>
>>377646464
Not him but dude, you're obviously having a fit right now because of dissenting opinion. Take a few moments, breath into a plastic bag, call your wrangler, and once you've calmed down, we can continue this discussion civilly.
>>
>>377646656
The damage they do is also much less than what you'd see in the older games, but it's also balanced out by the fact that you can remote detonate them whenever you want as well.
>>
>>377634214
What the fuck man. I have an extreme fear of heights, fucking no. No.
>>
Cause its a terrible idea that breaks the entire function of the mechanic
>>
File: IMG_8640.jpg (33KB, 298x353px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8640.jpg
33KB, 298x353px
>>377644718
>there are some sections of the game where the enemies are aggressive, either because they're hunting horses or attacking random travelers.

I will admit that when I saw a group of Bokoblins on horses, I threw myself into the pack (on foot) purposefully just to experience the fight. It was fantastic, weaving and dodging without Flurry Rush or Bullet Time to aid me. The framerate had dipped, but not to unplayable standards. Easily the most fun I had with the combat...

...until the Bokoblins and I inadvertently wandered outside of their designated roaming region, and they started to turn around, some of them disappearing and resetting completely, full health and everything. I pretty much knew then that I was never going to have fun with the combat, and I just stopped engaging enemies (other than minibosses) all together.

In regards to the travelers, there's not much to go on there. I saw it happen once, a Bokoblin bonked a traveler on the head and then ran off. The traveler proceeded to curse at me, and went on his way. Death is pointless, story and gameplay wise. Calamity has no character or impact. Its greatest achievment was reducing the schoolyard-sized Castle Town to rubble. Guardians are the easiest enemy in the game. Blood moon is atmospheric, but is a cutscene that ironically makes the game easier by respawning free weapons and Major Strength guardians.

So many bad design choices that hurt to watch unfold. I wanted so much for the game to be good.
>>
File: HoottheOwl.png (40KB, 200x146px) Image search: [Google]
HoottheOwl.png
40KB, 200x146px
>>377641371

Maybe he was testing if insects or something else showed up depending on the time of day, like Mario 64 or Animal Crossing.
>>
>>377646523
Did I offend you?
>>
Climbing during rain is impossible. I just stand there and wait until the rain is over.
>>
File: 1493873721025.jpg (76KB, 610x660px) Image search: [Google]
1493873721025.jpg
76KB, 610x660px
>>377646423
Hiroyuki pls
>>
>>377646991
>Guardians are the easiest enemy in the game
I get that the point of this post is trying to shit on the game, but come on now, no need to exaggerate that much. Are you trying to appear good at video games or something?
>>
>>377647342
>Climbing during rain is impossible.
>>
>>377646991
Listen, we all know that you wanted to find a reason to shit on the game because you're a contrarian who is contractually obligated to hate everything that's actually worth playing.

You overplayed your hand, better luck next time.
>>
>>377647174
Yeah, I'm offended by your shit taste.
>>
>>377648009
You don't find it slightly ridiculous that you can one-hit parry them with any shield? Mirror shield would've been neat.

>>377648159
I'm so good I must've fooled myself. It was nice attempting to have a discussion with you, whatever that's worth.
>>
>>377631292
>Basically infinite climbing stamina
>therefore making the stamina useless

This is why you dont work in video games, you dont understand the decissions.
>>
>>377648261
That has to be frustrating. How long have you had this problem?
>>
>>377648759
>You don't find it slightly ridiculous that you can one-hit parry them with any shield?
There's no way to know that in the beginning of the game. 99% of people got their asses kicked by guardians until mid to late game.
>>
>>377648759
>You don't find it slightly ridiculous that you can one-hit parry them with any shield?
Maybe if you were talking about the decayed guardians, you'd have a point. The fully mobile ones that populate the field though require multiple parries to kill, but thanks for showing how you never actually played the game.
>>
>>377648906
I guess I fiddled with the controls too much.
>>
>>377631292
he probably thought it too close to ffxv, in which that was an actual tactic. you lunkhead.
>>
>>377634214

Jesus christ
>>
Miyamoto is usually retarded but he was beyond right in this case. That would have removed the need for the stamina meter and upgrading the stamina meter at all.
>>
>>377633549

that happens 24/7 around here though
>>
>>377635680
dillons rolling western, golden sun, xenoblade, pandora's tower.
There's been a ton of shit. /v/ just likes to pretend they don't count
>>
>>377633875
Miyamoto's reasoning is fucktardly stupid, just like you.

I don't see the difference between stabbing a sword in a stone wall, and stabbing it into stone slabbed ground, ala Master Sword pedestal.
>>
>>377652034
What about the resoning that it makes the stamina meter fucking pointless?
>>
File: 1458464604951.png (262KB, 489x750px) Image search: [Google]
1458464604951.png
262KB, 489x750px
>>377652034
But why stab a weapon into a wall when you can just give the option to rest like how a climber would when in the middle of scaling a wall?
>>
>>377631292
I disagree with Miyamoto on a lot of topics but this seems fair.
>>
File: Woah.png (159KB, 258x369px) Image search: [Google]
Woah.png
159KB, 258x369px
>>377652034
>I don't see the difference between being able to stab any weapon into a sheer rock face and being able to put one particular sword in a hole in the ground made specifically to hold it
I'm afraid you may have a terminal case of retardation
>>
>>377634214
>Wake up
>That brief moment of "Who am I?" "Where am I?"
>Slowly realize you're dangling on a tent being suspended by tiny hooks that you personally put into the rocks

I would panic, I don't know how or why these people do this.
>>
File: sprucy sucy.jpg (118KB, 731x900px) Image search: [Google]
sprucy sucy.jpg
118KB, 731x900px
>>377653737
I would imagine the kind of thrill seekers who do something like this have already accepted and embraced death. Like imagine having sex in one those things. They've probably become so numb to peril that it's the only way they can get off now.
>>
>>377631292
Miyamoto was completely correct in this case, that mechanic would've destroyed climbing.
>>
File: mountain climbing tent.jpg (202KB, 1200x794px) Image search: [Google]
mountain climbing tent.jpg
202KB, 1200x794px
I can't justify it mechanically but I'd love it if you could camp in one of these. Maximum comfy.

>>377633481
Nah, 30 hours into the game you have weapons out the ass.

That would also feel a bit artificial if it was just sticking out of the cliff but you couldn't retrieve it, since there are plenty of other weapons sticking out of the ground that you can pick up.
>>
>>377637282
It works well early on but as the scaling ruins it.
>>
>>377637754
You can craft the champion's weapons.
Thread posts: 236
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.