[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do people use low sensitivity in an fps game? you can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: pro-gaming-mouse[1].png (150KB, 393x393px) Image search: [Google]
pro-gaming-mouse[1].png
150KB, 393x393px
why do people use low sensitivity in an fps game? you can't turn

high sensitivity:

>nanosecond reaction times, insane iqs, can aim precisely with their wrist making tiny movements but can do crazy flickshos

low sensitivity:

>OOGA BOOGA, lolcantturn
>>
get good
>>
I can turn at 1300
>>
I played with high sensitivity for years and didn't get better until I learned how to play with low sensitivity.
>>
>>377627760
>le twitch mechanics
What killed fps.

Lower mouse speed is used to make sure that you can hit something without too much movement
>>
There must be a reason quake pro use low dpi
>>
>>377628154
it was what INVENTED fps.

>>377628335
What are you talking about retard? HAL9000 (best cpm player) and locktar (best quake 1 player) use around 20 cm per 360. Which is considered high.
>>
>>377628335
super low sensitivity is a CS thing, because in 5v5 gameplay you don't really need to turn that much, you only have so many chokepoints on the map. it makes it much easier to land your shots and not over-aim on people etc. this only applies to rifle players, AWPers have higher sens most of the time.

Quake players had low sens too, but not as low as CS players.
>>
>>377627760
High sensitivity is only superior in console games with aim assist, as there's no need to be precise and low sensitivity limits your turn speed considerably.

On pc you can compensate for the low turning speed by buying a large mouse mat and using your arm for the turn, and your wrist for more precise shots.
>>
>>377627760
>Aiming with your wrist

Enjoy carpal tunnel, kid.
>>
>>377628568
>Quake players had low sens too

literally the best quake 1 player on the planet:

>LocKtar
>"I use 20cm/360"
>>
>>377628821
I didn't say every single Quake player had low sensitivity, autismo. read my post.
>>
>>377628154
Twitching isn't a mechanic built into the game. It's an objectively superior way to play competitively.

I hate how brainless twitching is. Unfortunately, reaction speed is significantly faster than a calculated shot, making it more accurate.
>>
>>377628821
20cm/360 is considered low for normies.
>>
>>377628929
quake players generally use high sensitivity so you're wrong anyway.

>hal9k
>22cm

>milton
>11cm

want me to keep going?

Low sensitivity is a cs thing and the csbabbies tried to say that high sensitivity is better for everything. Try bunnyhopping around and gaining speed and turning corners with 40cm/360. it's not happening.
>>
>>377627760
Whoa bro, I just use my numpad
>>
>>377627760
I tend to use mid-low sensitivities and those are already very fast for me and grant me great reaction times, actually I struggle way more in aiming a target that is doing small evasive movements
>>
>>377627760
>muh 100 trillion deepeeeye

optimal is around 400-800 if you have a non shit mouse.
if you need higher, you have a shit mouse
>>
>Playing CoD:MW2 with my normie friends several years ago on PS3
>Sitting around taking turns online
>Ingame sensitivity ranges from 1-10
>I set mine to 9, theirs are 2-4
>They always complain when they forget to change sensitivity after my turn because it's too high

Then they got killed when they couldn't get their crosshairs on the enemy fast enough. Meanwhile I was getting shot at from behind and whipping around fast enough to kill my attacker.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (41KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
41KB, 1280x720px
>you cant turn
>muh high sensivity reaction times eks dee xddd
>how to spot someone who uses wrist aim and has no idea how actual arm aim and muscle memory for all the fps and quake gods works
enjoy your carpal tunnel, anon
this is the optimal setup
move your arm across the mat to turn 180 and 360 and use your wrist for precise aiming
you'd know this, if you weren't a shitter, but sadly you actually are
>>
>>377631409
>calling g400 a shitty mouse
Bitch I will hunt you down and shank.
>>
>>377627760
I literally only use 4k dpi because I am lazy and don't want to flap my arm about
>>
>>377632816

this boys figured it out.
>>
>muh quake
lol
>>
800 dpi masterrace here. Not too high, not too low, just right.
>>
>>377627760
aim better
>>
>>377632816
>enjoy your carpal tunnel, anon
>this is the optimal setup
enjoy your rsi, anon
>>
>>377633364
>800 dpi masterrace here
every fps has ingame mouse settings fucking retard
>>
>i will never improve past a casual level because my muscle memory is fucked because of my shakey carpel tunnel hands

Have fun with that lad.
>>
Low sens is good for tracking which is necessary for LG or general fast firing guns
High sensitivities works well for shots guns and rockets
Snipers work well with both to an extent
>>
>>377627760
>low sens
Counter Strike kids who haven't played a real FPS
>>
I use 4cm/360, my railgun averages 65% accuracy
>>
>>377628493
CPM and Quake 1 are both similar games and they don't have headshot hitboxes which means that you need less accurate aim. Also, they depend on movement a lot more which involves turning a lot.
>>
>play Rainbow Six Siege a lot
>bought a QCK to use low sensitivity
>used 50 centimeters 360 for months and still have shit aim
>raised it to 20 centimeters for months and still have shit aim

Who /forevershitaim/ here
>>
>>377637138
>only months

Play at one sens for 1-2 years.

Changing sensitivity too often is fucking you up. it takes months/years of repetitive motion to build muscle memory, and the amount of motions you have to remember with a shooter is insane. Eventually you will memorize the distance you need to move the mouse a certain distance on the screen, and just do it without thinking. That's how people get insane flick shots.
>>
>>377637315
I think my problem is that I don't play enough, my friend who exclusively plays CSGO and Siege is a human aimbot. But I play other games as well and playing a single player FPS with a 50cm 360 is just annoying so I tend to use different sensitivities in different games.
>>
do pros seriously use their entire arm when aiming? i've tried getting used to it a few times and i can't see how it'd make me aim better.
it doesn't make sense to me. arms are less precise than wrists. i'd be like using your entire arm to write rather than just your hand
>>
>>377638027
Low sensitivity requires the arm for macro adjustments and wrist for micro adjustments.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.