[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people like this again? >instead of improving on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1446664498193.jpg (41KB, 256x361px) Image search: [Google]
1446664498193.jpg
41KB, 256x361px
Why do people like this again?

>instead of improving on KH1's flawed level design, it just removed level design altogether
>way fewer secrets compared to 1
>way less environmental interactivity compared to 1
>generally inferior cutscene direction compared to 1
>Disney worlds/characters are far less relevant to the main story compared to 1
>Disney world scenarios/plots are weaker than 1's and are generally rehashes of the original movies (often word-for-word, with a SORA DONALD AND GOOFY occasionally thrown in)
>no league of villains
>Maleficent is a joke
>no rival character (like Riku in 1)
>no reason to revisit most worlds except when forced to
>almost all of the second visits are pointless filler
>too many original characters
>plot is extremely convoluted
>Twilight Town intro is too long and not as effective as Destiny Islands
>Sora went from slightly naive to completely retarded
>companions are way less useful than in 1, with the exception of a few overpowered limits
>auto-limit is annoying and enabled by default
>while the magic system does discourage heal spam, it also discourages using magic in general (and there's no magic-based environmental puzzles, or white mushrooms)
>enemies' elemental weaknesses often make no sense
>no tech EXP
>no dodge roll
>Guard is less satisfying than 1's
>Explosion is overpowered (as are finishers in general)
>mini-games are "cleaner" than 1's but also lack charm (especially in 100 Acre Wood)
>mission-based structure of most worlds is too restrictive and not organic, KH1 put more faith in the player to figure things out (even making you talk to NPCs in some cases)
>>
>>377626718
Fuck off retard
>>
>>377626718
I prefer the combat, it feels much smoother. I also prefer most the bosses. I couldn't give a shit about a lot else, I'm not in these game for good writing.
>>
>I've never played FM and I have terrible opinions, the post.
>>
>>377626718
I agree, I just replayed all of 1.5 + 2.5 on Proud/Critical mode and 2 was easily the worst one and just felt like a chore with the shittiest worlds and story in the series. The gameplay is pretty much "just mash X and abuse Reaction Commands/Drives to win," every boss feels the same.

>>377627949
>Adding a few extra bosses and one new area totally makes up for the shitty story and levels guys!
>>
>>377627949
this
>>
>>377626718
fluid combat
>>
File: 1484762087986.jpg (35KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1484762087986.jpg
35KB, 480x320px
>>377626718
>parroting everything Bl00dyBizKitz said in his video
>>
>>377626718
Who cares about the story

Environmental interaction and the level design was changed to fit the action-focused gameplay. You might prefer the more exploration-based gameplay of the first game, but those kind of levels would massively get in the way of the gameplay in 2. Granted KH2 went too far in the opposite direction a lot of the time, but the Cavern of Remembrance in FM adds the platforming and environmental interaction back in, and does it as good or better than anything in KH1.

FM adds secret Mushroom heartless challenges that encourage revisiting worlds and collectibles that require platforming to obtain.

You can turn auto-limit off, and you always have the opportunity to before you have to fight with any given party member

The magic system does the opposite of what you're saying, it encourages you to use as much of your MP as you can and then save the last bit for Cure or a Limit, since you get way more value out of your MP that way. If you never use magic except to Cure, you're wasting 99% of your MP bar, since you only need a single point to cast Cure.

Tech points are neat at first but they lose relevance relatively quickly, especially as you go up in level (and they have no relevance at all if you're playing with No Experience on). In KH2, you can still do all the cool things that would reward you with tech points in KH1, but in 2 you often get a RC for it, and those are relevant no matter what.

Dodge roll is in FM.

Guard in 2 is extremely powerful, way moreso than in KH1. "Satsifying" is completely subjective, but personally I think guarding Xemnas' dancing combo attack or Terra's ultimate move is infinitely more satisfying than anything in KH1.

Finishers are nothing compared to how powerful some magic combos, limits, and summons can be.

tl;dr: everything you said in every category that matters is wrong.
>>
>>377626718
>no league of villains
does Org XIII not count as a league of villains?
>>
File: cheese! :D.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
cheese! :D.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
>Shitting on the Best Game of the series
Only thing that is true about what you said is that Sora is completly retarded, but its not like he was not in the first game.
>>
Yeah it was a disappointing game. Easy as fuck and why is every QTE the triangle button?
>>
best combat system I've played, even better than command decks, everything is fluid and making combos with magic are almost instant
>>
>>377626718
i'm not gonna read that. the game is the best action rpg ever and you can't deny this fact.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.