[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the hype has calmed down, is it really the best gam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: BOTW-Share_icon.jpg (237KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
BOTW-Share_icon.jpg
237KB, 1200x630px
Now that the hype has calmed down, is it really the best game in The Legend of Zelda series?

http://www.strawpoll.me/13013557
>>
>>377620795
No, but it's a better platform to build on that Ocarina was. They just need to reintroduce actual dungeons and remove dumb shit like rain influencing rock climbing. BotW was the best Zelda release since MM. For the record, ALttP is my favorite Zelda.
>>
Yes, it created an overworld so fun that it makes you forget about regular dungeons, I expect the next Zelda to have a smaller world but with regular dungeons and keeping most of the innovative stuff from BotW
>>
>>377620795

No, but it might be the best aside from the N64 ones and Wind Waker.

It's too empty and repetitive to be the best, but if Nintendo are smart they'll do what they did with Majora's Mask and just make a new game with the exact same engine, but more content. They could easily do that in 2 years.
>>
>>377620795
It's one of the least Zelda Zeldas so people who think it's the best Zelda don't really like Zelda games, whereas people who don't like it likes regular Zeldas.
I'm interested to know if people who think BotW is a good Zelda would rank WW over TP.
>>
>Answers are yes/no rather than a list of potential "best" Zelda games

That alone makes it more impressive that BotW is currently leading with a majority. Honestly if it even held a 30% as an "All time" favorite that would be a big deal.
>>
>>377622242
>and Wind Waker
Here's where you invalidated your opinion.

Someone post windwaker.webm.
>>
>>377622321
Interesting.

I think the reason it did very well is that it connected with veteran players and new.

My favs probably MM > WW > OoT > TP > BotW
>>
>>377622321
>It's one of the least Zelda Zeldas
t. Someone who never played NES Zelda beyond the first 5 minutes

BotW is like a 3D more open NES Zelda.
>>
File: tumblr_mse12wEGsq1spiui6o2_1280.png (1MB, 1024x742px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mse12wEGsq1spiui6o2_1280.png
1MB, 1024x742px
It's garbage until they bring back dungeons.

It'll be GOAT if they bring back dungeons and make them interconnect
>>
>>377622773

How to spot someone who's just regurgitating shit he heard online and never actually played Legend of Zelda
>>
It may or may not be the best Zelda game, but its the best thing that could've happened to the franchise.
>>
>>377622683
It did well because it's
1) A Zelda game
2) A Zelda game without wagglan gimmicks
3) A Zelda game on multiple platforms
4) The only big launch title on one of the platforms

>>377622773
I don't get this comparison, is it a meme?
BotW is the most unique Zelda. NES Zelda, actually having dungeons, is more like any other Zelda than BotW.
The only similarity is dungeons in almost any order and having a raft.
>>
>>377622961
I played through all dungeons and got the highest level sword, which BotW also makes a throwback to via needing certain amount of hearts to acquire it.

If you even bothered to look at the GDC panel for development of BotW, you'd see that the prototype for the game was literally NES Zelda with mechanics from BotW being thrown on (like chopping down trees and using them to cross rivers, shooting an arrow through fire at trees causing them to catch fire, etc.)

The game is clearly heavily lifted from NES Zelda even from the moment you leave the shrine of resurrection.
>>
>>377622608

>Cherrypicking
>Complaining about games you haven't played
>Complaining about easy puzzles when BotW's puzzles are even easier

Wow you are bad at this.
>>
BotW is the best Zelda, easily.
>>
>>377623346

You must be an easily impressed simpleton. The GDC prototype just used an NES skin purely for demonstration purposes. It was developed just to show off the environmental and fire mechanics they wanted to implemented in Breath of the Wild. There's hardly anything Zelda related in that prototype other than the cosmetics and you're in an overworld stabbing enemies. It could be a fucking Crystalis prototype at that point.
>>
>>377625042
But it was a Zelda prototype and it clearly had Zelda mechanics and design, why these idiotic shitposts? Why does Zelda have to be what you consider it to be?
>>
>>377625140
>But it was a Zelda prototype and it clearly had Zelda mechanics and design

It had BotW mechanics in a basic overworld with a basic Zelda skin. You could replace all of them with different colored squares and it would function the same. You're so hanged up on the fucking 8-bit Zelda sprites that you can't see that the prototype and the final game are nothing like the NES game.
>>
>>377620795
It's by no means the best at everything. But it is still most likely my favourite game.
Majora's Mask is a close second though.

If we are to include the 2D games however. Then I'd should probably replay the Oracle games again. I remember those games having been truly amazing but it was almost two decades ago since I played them.
>>
>>377625349
>enemies from NES Zelda game making their first 3D appearances
>mysterious old man character in the intro
>world is full of secrets to explore
>no handholding, do what you want when you want

I don't know what else I can do to spell it out to you that this game is very much a 3D rendition to NES Zelda much like OoT was a 3D rendition to ALttP.
>>
>>377620795
Its the zelda since WW the previous game have been massive turds
>>
File: link.png (122KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
link.png
122KB, 1200x1200px
>>
>>377621345
>you will never ever get another MM like Zelda
>their best man Koizumi will never ever direct a game again
>he will just be the new face of the company and maybe become ceo oneday

IT HURTS SO MUCH BROS!
>>
Wish the enemy diversity was better.

Guardians were a nice addition, and bringing back Lynels touched on that nostalgia nerve. Everything else was kind of redundant, although I think the Bokoblins, Moblins and Lizalfos are the best designed in BotW out of all their past incarnations.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.