[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>extreme depth of field >extreme bloom >full of quick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: PC_dof.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
PC_dof.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>extreme depth of field
>extreme bloom
>full of quick time events
>full of *bwooooooom* slowdown effects like the matrix was still cool
>awkward doors, npcs slam them in your face
>forced stealth sections
>game constantly forces you into combat before you have any chance at using potions
>every area is a series of corridors, barely any open areas
>awful inventory

Why does Witcher 2 feel more dated than the first game?
>>
Because CDPR tried making it a console game and not a Witcher game. The entire game feels different than the other two. TW1 and TW3 have a very Slavic feeling to them and have great music while TW2 feels like yet another generic western high fantasy game and generic western RPG music.
>>
Why the fuck would you enable bloom and dof
?

>full of quick time events
The only QTEs are the fist fights and there are not many of them.

>full of *bwooooooom* slowdown effects
What slowdown effects?

I agree with everything else.
>>
>>377619068
>awkward doors, npcs slam them in your face
Watching a stream of NPCs exiting a building is funny as fuck in this game because of this.
>>
TW2 was total shit, and literally a "We want AssCreed AND DeS audience!" -the game.

>>377619513
>The only QTEs are the fist fights and there are not many of them.
someone forgot about the Dragon, huh?

>what slowdon effects?
at least play the game.
>>
>>377619068
Because TW1 sold like shit so they thought they could capitalize on the console audience by making an AA game masquerading as an AAA title and making it as dumbed-down and soulless as possible.

Alas it became the frankenstein of the trilogy, the one with the half baked ideas/implementations and bizarre design choices.
>>
>The only QTEs are the fist fights and there are not many of them.
Boss fights, mash button to do thing, etc.

>What slowdown effects?
When in cutscenes time slows down and the sound goes *bwooooooom* like, see
https://youtu.be/9p6qa81GKIk?list=PLEWtOfTgRszya5xopaIOBfyBA2gfSiwRL&t=3225

It's an effect that was "cool" in movies ten years before the game was made.
>>
>>377619785

>at least play the game.
There is no slowdown effects.
Even the glory kills are at normal speed.
>>
>>377619068
You're free to turn of DoF, what's the big deal about it? Sure it looks like ass, but who the fuck needs DoF? Well, except developers to cover up shit optimization and console manufacturers to cover up shit hardware?
>>377619513
Every non-human boss had QTEs, and human bosses sometimes have them as well.
>>
I think them making their own game engine from scratch had a lot to do with it, it took up too much development time. And it's not like it even felt finished in the released game. Full of jank.
>>
>>377620134
>You're free to turn of DoF
I know you can turn it off. The fact that it's there in the first place means the developers were retarded. It's how they intended the game to look, and it looks ugly and dated as fuck.
>>
>>377619068
The whole game has like 4 QTEs
>>
>>377620119
Maybe he means the slow mo when you open the menu to switch tools and signs.
>>
>daily reminder that /v/ actually argued that this was a better game than DA2.

History has not been nice to /v/.
>>
>>377622217
I started playing a bit of DAI and I don't know if it's just the disappointment from W3 but DAI feels like a better game.
t. likes W1.
>>
>>377619068
>>forced stealth sections
What does this even mean? That you can't switch the game off if you don't like it?
>>
dof, bloom, and the majority of qtes could be turned off
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.