[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just beat this game. Was my first souls type game and honestly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

Just beat this game. Was my first souls type game and honestly I loved it. Should I play DS1 or DS3 next?

On PC, so no BB.
>>
>>377617339
Dark Souls 1.
>>
>>377617339

Ignore 3, it is not worth playing.
>>
>>377617874
Well now I gotta ask, why?
>>
>>377617339
First you play DaS 1, then you play the third one.
>>
Why would you start with 2
>>
>>377617938
Don't listen to him.
Dark Souls 3 is a very polished game and very worth playing. It's just that it doesn't do anything groundbreaking with the formula so after four games people were disappointed.
>>
File: 1495313483030.jpg (70KB, 848x941px) Image search: [Google]
1495313483030.jpg
70KB, 848x941px
PLAY ALL OF THEM, play 1 and then 3; bloodborne before or after, it's the best IMO but order-wise it doesn't matter (leave the best for the end IMO again)
>>
>>377621701
Shit, ignore my name, come from an internet fight
>>
>>377617938
DS3 is a shallow game that rides on the success of 1 and will constantly shove call backs and references in your face from start to end. However it has some damned good bosses.

If you don't want to be bothered by the constant nostalgia-pandering then I recommend playing DS3 first.

If you want overall quality but weaker bosses then go DS1.
>>
1 then 3
>>
Dark souls 3 is the best in the series. Don't listen to nostalgiafags
>>
>>377617339
>loved DS2
Well if that's any indication then you might not like the others, usually anyone whose favorite is DS1 or 3 hates 2 and vice versa
>>
>>377621928

In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again
>>
>>377621959
Optional covenant designed to make the game HARDER, Company of Champions by increasing enemy resistances, damage, and defense as well as prohibited any and all cooperative summons but still allowing invaders.
>>
>>377617938
BB>1>3>DeS>2

But I do like 2 a lot, particularly the DLC stages are really stellar.
>>
>>377617339
Doesn't matter as long as you play both
>>
File: 1453313304104.jpg (452KB, 765x1161px) Image search: [Google]
1453313304104.jpg
452KB, 765x1161px
Ds1 is pretty much a more polished version of Ds2, pretty much same speed and all. However no teleports might turn you off. Also you need a mod for it to run in 1080p 60fps. Ds3 is pretty different and way faster. Both are great games, so just take your pick
>>
>>377621959
desu DaS2 did things far better than DaS. And DaS3 did things far better than both DaS and DaS2.
>>
Doesnt matter. All fantastic games.

DS2 is considered the "worse" in the series for various reasons. But it still got many positive things going for it.
>>
1 > BB > DS2 > DeS > DaS3 > Softs
>>
Does anyone else think DkS just had better atmosphere than DkS 3? I mean, the lore that didn't care too much about itself, that overall design and feeling that something was missing from the world, and, arguably the best thing about DkS, it's an incredibly open and connected world; all these contribute to an unforgettable and very satisfying experience that deserves all the nostalgia it's afforded.

That is not to say any of the other games are without merit, and I think great cases could be made to argue they're the best in the series as well, but my heart will always be with the first.
>>
>>377621959
>>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun
I hate PvP, but I did the Bell Tower shit for easy upgrade shit early because it was better than being gated from chunks until end game, unless you could master the shrine of winter jump skip which requires frame perfect jumps and rolls to get the 3 chunks and slab from drangelic castle
>>
If you're not a faggot forget Dark Souls 1 and 3 and play King's Field like a real fucking man
>>
PvE : DS3 > DS1 > DS2
PvP : DS2 > DS3 > DS1
>>
>>377623267
>I hate PvP
I think everyone except autists hate's souls PvP

they're the smashfags of the souls community
>>
>>377622327

DS3 has very little original content.

Souls vet here, this is my take on things as someone who has obsessively played the shit out of DeS and DaS1 since their respective launches on PS3.

Concepts:

>New Firelink Shrine (DaS3) == The Nexus (DeS)
The resemblance is fucking stunning if you've ever played DeS. Lord Thrones are in the exact same alignment that the archstones are, surrounding where you spawn in, with multiple levels of height within the area accessible by curved staircases.

>Lothric Castle (DaS3) == Boletaria Castle (DeS)
You start the game here, and the climax of the game is here (fighting twin princes/false king allant).

>Karla (DaS3) == Yuria the Witch (DeS)
Karla teaches forbidden hex magic/miracles/pyromancies that channel the power and rage of the abyss, Yuria the Witch teaches forbidden magic that channel the power and rage of demon souls.

> Stormruler (DaS3) == Storm Ruler (DeS)
Used to take down mighty foes with a legendary sword found in the corresponding boss arenas. Yhorm and the Storm King are basically the same type of "puzzle boss" until you find the sword.

Mechanics:

> FP (DaS3) == MP (DeS)
Literally the same exact shit.

> Rolling
Functions the same exact way as DeS, because med rolling was buffed so fucking hard that the difference between fast roling and med rolling is so small that staying right under the fat roll minimum is required for every build.

Case-in-point, DaS3 is super fucking stale for veterans who have been with the series since DeS in 2009/2010. It's literally because the game is around 50% recycled DaS content, 30% recycled DeS content, 10% recycled bloodborne content, and 10% original content.
>>
>>377623835
>played every game in the franchise for hundreds of hours including Demon's and BB and have never once enjoyed or been interested in PvP
I really don't get it. I've never found it fun.
>>
HOW DARE THE 5TH GAME IN THE SERIES REFERENCE THE PREVIOUS GAMES
>>
File: comfy2.jpg (41KB, 600x579px) Image search: [Google]
comfy2.jpg
41KB, 600x579px
>>377623835
I sometimes pull the ethernet cable out of my PC so I can enjoy comfy souls.
>>
>>377623989
>HOW DARE THE FINAL GAME IN THE SERIES REFERENCE THE PREVIOUS GAMES

Even moreso
>>
This is the most objectively true power rankings.

OVERALL:
DaS > Bloodborne > DaS2 > DeS > DaS3 > Scholar of The First Sin.
BOSSES
DaS3 > BB > DaS2 > DaS > DeS
COMBAT
BB > DaS3 > DaS > DaS2 > DeS
ATMOSPHERE
BB > DeS > DaS > DaS2 > DaS3
OST
BB > DaS > Alonne Theme > Aldia Theme > DaS3 > DeS > DaS2
LORE/STORY
BB> DeS > DaS > DaS2 > DaS3
NPCs
DeS > BB> DaS2 > DaS (carbon copy of DeS) > DaS3 (carbon copy of DaS)
>>
>>377617938
Dark Souls 3 is really linear and shallow. You'll be disappointed by the lack of variety after playing Dark Souls 2, the areas are mostly a mix of grey and brown.

People sure do like to circlejerk about how bad Dark Souls 2 is, meanwhile I can sit down and enjoy a session of Dark Souls 2 yet I cannot bring myself to play the snooze-fest that is Linear Souls 3.
>>
>>377624312
>>377623989
It's fine to reference the other games man, but to have your game 100% reliant on it outside of a few bosses is weak dude. By the time you reach the Firelink 2.0 you've already been hit by like 50 references and callbacks
>>
>>377620249
None of the games really have any connection with each other so it doesn't matter what game you start with.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.