[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any predictions on Splatoon 2's metagame? Splatoon is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

Any predictions on Splatoon 2's metagame?

Splatoon is a popular esport in Japan (a country that doesn't play online games or shooter that much), impressed it's a new IP that was successful. Gyro aiming will be mainstream in future shooters.
>>
Kraken has been neutered
and isn't that all that really matters?
>>
>Gyro aiming will be mainstream in future shooters
lol?

stop trying to reinvent the mouse. the mouse will always be the best.
>>
>>377617152
Obviously the mouse is best. The faggot probably was taking about on console where using just the sticks are fucking trash.
>>
bubbler and krake don't exist anymore so the meta hopefully won't be about panic button specials anymore

the new specials also seem weaker or at least harder to use properly than the old ones, they're more about area control than anything
>>
>>377617152
I meant that shit will be in future console based shooters.
>Tier list
Sticks
Gyro
KB+M
Sega Fishing Rod
>>
>>377617372
>panic button specials are gone
Splashdown says hi

>immediately kills everyone in a wide area
>comes out near instantly
>paints the entire area, meaning even if it doesn't hit, it still gives them a place to hide and/or reposition
>can be used immediately after a Super Jump, meaning you can be instantly killed after killing someone's buddy
>>
>>377617672
>>immediately kills everyone in a wide area
>comes out near instantly
no way

it has a significant delay before the explosion where you're vulnerable, you can bet autistic japanese chargers are going to get a field day sniping people midair during the activation time
>>
>>377618261
Autistic Japanese Snipers might be able to pull it off, but what about close-range fighters trying to ambush the fucker? They've only got 1 second to hit a moving target before they become a stain on the ground.

Not to mention, while the Bubbler and Kraken required the guy to actually hunt down their ambusher to kill them (meaning they could be lured into an unfavorable position), the Splashdown is just a single button press that essentially calls down an instant Inkstrike on their position. No skill required, just activate it and move on.

Yeah, there's more of a small opportunity to stuff it, but that's all it is. A small opportunity.
>>
>>377618764
the AoE isn't so big it's impossible to escape once it's activated

the only scenario l could see it being problematic is with stealth jump, but it just means you'll have to stay alert after killing someone and remember to stay a comfortable distance away from his corpse
>>
>>377616730
stingray is going to be meta because rn it's underpowered then they're going to buff it and suddenly it'll be overpowered
>>
As long as inkzooka's and blasters are gone, people are gonna enjoy this game a lot more.
>>
File: 56621128_p3.png (2MB, 2100x2100px) Image search: [Google]
56621128_p3.png
2MB, 2100x2100px
>>377617138
>Kraken has been neutered

Kraken doesn't exist anymore.
No more invincibility specials
>>
>>377620304
>blasters
l have bad news for you
>>
Bubbler being gone is huge. Kraken was neutered to fuck after a series of patches, so it was easier to get your bearing if someone turned it on, and it was even a free kill most of the time because you could wait from a distance until they transformed back. But I won't miss it either.

Chargers in general are going to see more play. And the testfire proves splattershot is just as viable as ever even with duelies with fancy movement options showing up.
>>
>>377621290
I like their new approach with specials. Seems like all of them leave you vulnerable in a way, while not being completely overpowered. Encourages teamwork.

>>377620304
Inkzooka is gone, every old special is from what we've seen.

Old weapons will make a return, but that doesn't mean they won't be changed. Chargers got a great new movement option and Rollers have a new aerial attack.
>>
File: 1467252000714.jpg (19KB, 320x241px) Image search: [Google]
1467252000714.jpg
19KB, 320x241px
>>377617447
>Sega Fishing Rod
You are using that thing wrong if you think all those other ones are better.
Using it correctly is like having aimbot.
>>
>>377616730
>Splatoon is a popular esport in Japan
I remember there was one outdoor thing nintendo did, were there others endorsed/hosted by nintendo or was everything else just run without nintendo's help?
>>
File: Forever pure.png (72KB, 168x212px) Image search: [Google]
Forever pure.png
72KB, 168x212px
>>377623153
Tier list is bottom to top dumbo. The controller will be banned in tourneys anyway, be a god while you can.
>>
>>377623327
They have promoted it a few times with battlefy, a tourney at NOA in America, and some kid shit. It's a lot more popular in Japan than anywhere else.
>>
Why did she fucking betray us?
>>
>>377616730
>gyro aiming will be mainstream
Fuck off, stupid fucking cock-slurping nintenfaggot.
>>
>>377623739
>weak willed
>weak minded
>inferior to her darker humor cousin
>less popular
>>
>>377617672
>>377618764
Splashdown isn't nearly as "get out of jail free" as the fucking Kraken.
>>Not to mention, while the Bubbler and Kraken required the guy to actually hunt down their ambusher to kill them
The bubbler, maybe, since it's generally paired with weapons that are either slow, have low range, or require precise aim (Mini Splatling being the exception) but the Kraken was just 'Is someone attempting to flank/punish me? Good thing I can press special and kill them". It worked on the tower, it worked on the rainmaker, it worked on choke points. It was the bane of close range weapons like the Carbon roller or short range guns.
>>meaning they could be lured into an unfavorable position
Bullshit, Krakens can just super jump back to spawn when they overextend. You sound like someone who thinks the .96 deco is balanced, I'm glad the Splatoon devs cut your unfun crutch.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.