[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

aside playing the demo years ago, this is my first play through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (12KB, 160x240px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 160x240px
aside playing the demo years ago, this is my first play through of dead rising

>the only weapons worth using are the chainsaw or katana
> the AI for survivors is garbage
>all the bosses take about the same amount of effort to kill

do these games get better? I bought the first one, second one and case west one for 30
>>
WRONG. The only weapon worth using is the parasol, don't even fucking bother with the katana that thing falls apart like the half-tang it was designed with.
>>
>>377609005
>only weapons worth using are the chainsaw or katana
Mannequin torso is plenty, kills zombies in one hit, lasts long even without magazines, has decent DPS which doesn't even matter that much unless you're either short on time against boss fights.
>survivors is garbage
Just point the fuckers to where you want them to go, never tell them to follow you. Turn off the console/pc and drink a beer if they fall into some hole.
>all the bosses
I fail to see what the fucking complaint is with that one.
>>
How does it feel to be so boring? You have no imagination.
>>
>>377609005

OP is a FAG
P

i
s

a

f
a
g
>>
>>377609159

the parasol is fun and good for groups. but im only ever going to use it if I'm near the entrance plaza.

>>377609261

mannequin is good but again I'm only ever using it in one spot. i also prefer the leg for groups

ive tried using the option of point and telling them where to go, they still get slaughtered and gang banged. i stopped giving a fuck about survivors who are not important to the story even though I'm missing out on PP when they get rolled.

>not understanding the complaint of having easy bosses

bosses should be hard to kill making them worth fighting? kind of the point of a boss

>>377609325
in the sense of effectiveness. I appreciate being able to fling plates and CDs at zombies but it isn't effective when you have a hoard of zombies coming at you. I do like how you made an assumption of my entire existence on an opinion of a video game. I'm assuming you stay inside a lot and do all your socializing through a headset/on here? See I can make assumptions too.

>>377609421

go back to /b/ you pleb
>>
Second is basically a uglier version of the first game with most things being worse besides survivor AI (which helps a lot honestly since they wont get caught up on ankle high debris like the first game).
3 and 4 are very very shitty
>>
>>377609820

also to clarify, to avoid more assumptions:

I'm not saying the game is bad. I'm asking if the games in the series get better. In terms of AI and effectiveness/strength of a wider range of weapons. Added the second sentence because I know some faggot is going to point out how vague it is to just ask if it gets better.
>>
>>377609820
>ive tried using the option of point and telling them where to go, they still get slaughtered and gang banged.
>Send survivor to a point that is blocked/full of zombies
>"why do they die"
What the fuck is wrong with you
>bosses are easy
>You're good so the boss is easy.
Golf clap.
Wish there were more of you than the complaining fucks that get their shit slapped by Adam the fucking clown or "WEEEEEELLLL" of all things
>>
>>377610016

> 3 and 4 are very very shitty

I hope I disagree because I was looking forward to them, especially after playing through the older/first versions

>>377610097
did I say thats where I sent them you dipshit? No. But since you're retarded I'll explain it more clearly. I mean't pointing and telling them where to go had no difference to telling them to follow me.

yeah, bosses are easy because I'm a pro at this game. its not because they all have the same level of hit points and take a minimal effort to kill.

thanks for the useless contribution to the thread though.
>>
>>377609005

Thats not the mannequin chest. Also, OP is a fag

>>377610097
>complaining fucks that get their shit slapped by Adam the fucking clown

How?
>>
>>377610368
>get slaughtered and gangbanged
There are hardly any situations that would lead to that other than pointing the fuckers to places that are filled with zombies, you fucking moron.
Record a fucking WebM, because that shit will hardly every happen if you properly clear the fucking way.
>>
File: 184.gif (398KB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
184.gif
398KB, 300x167px
>>377610368
>3 and 4 are very very shitty

3 and 4 are considered the worst games in the series for a reason. Play 1 and 2 off the record and forget the rest exist.

Also its really not hard
>Park survivors in a safe spot
>clear a path
>FOLLOW ME!

Wow.
>>
>>377610436

I already explained my opinion on the mannequin but its fine, just regurgitate the same shit over and over without taking other peoples opinions into consideration.

In regards to Adam, he was actually the only boss I had to fight more than once. So I did get my shit slapped by him at first.

>>377610604

so I'm sure when you had to lead Kindell and Isabella to the security room through the north plaza it was easy as fuck right? what about all the girl survivors you save from the fat cop?

I'm sure your a real fucking pro and never had any issues with the survivor AI, you fucking dipshit.

>>377610669

I'll probably still play them regardless. I tried the demo briefly and it seemed alright.

see my above reply regarding the survivors so I don't have to keep beating a dead horse. thanks.
>>
>>377611171
Then skip the 1st game entirely since it never fucking improves faggot.
If finding and using whatever the fuck op item or weapon is your jam the sequels have that without the survivor AI which you're too fucking impatient to deal with.
>>
>>377611171
>so I'm sure when you had to lead Kindell and Isabella to the security room through the north plaza it was easy as fuck right? what about all the girl survivors you save from the fat cop?

>Clear a path
>Get to wonderland Plaza
>Use the shortcut in the bathroom
>clear a path to warehouse

wow.

>clear a path
>use shortcut in bathroom
>clear a path to warehouse

wow.

The AI may be bad but its not hard to figure out you goddamn retard.
>>
WEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLL
>>
>>377611514

like I already said, I still think the game is fun otherwise I've already would of skipped it. I don't need an OP weapon to plow through the game. The idea of being able to use anything is an amazing concept, especially for a game that old.

>>377611645
>hurdur I keep saying clear a path for every fucking context.

no fucking shit you retard. I have been clearing paths. you're also leaving out that isabella has to be carried so when you get past the clear path and into more crowds you have to alternate between putting her down and fending off zombies. it isnt always as black and white and there aren't always safe spots for the survivors, thats why you fucking saying over and over just put them down and clear a path is retarded.

please drink bleach.
>>
>>377612207

The idea of being able to use anything is an amazing concept, especially for a game that old. But there is less incentive to take advantage of this when majority of the obscure weapons don't have much of an effect on the zombies. keyword obscure. obviously a bench vs the CDs is going to create different results.
>>
to add onto other complaints about the AI,

>More often than not getting them to climb onto the ledge just before the entrance to the security room takes about 10 tries. not a huge deal because by this point there is no threat but just one of those things that is dumb.

>you should be able to carry every survivor. its stupid how some you can pick up and some you can't.

5 minute slater, replies from the same retard:

JUST CLEAR A PATH. ITS NOT THAT HARD.

"wow"
>>
File: youre bad.png (14KB, 940x84px) Image search: [Google]
youre bad.png
14KB, 940x84px
>>377612207
>you're also leaving out that isabella has to be carried

Kendall comes with a shotgun, put her down next to him, he will defend himself and by proxy her while you clear a path. Again, wow.

>it isnt always as black and white and there aren't always safe spots for the survivors

Except there are spots, you just have to make them sometimes, it literally is that black and white. Take your own advice and stop being bad at video games. I got this on my first playthrough with no prior knowledge.
>>
>>377612207
>alternate between putting her down and fending off zombies
You're not that easily grabbed by zombies while carrying the spic. Lest you're completely surrounded by the buggers and get hit a lot, you won't even drop her from getting hit by them.

>aren't always safe spots
Then make one. Zombies don't respawn. There will not be that many near a door when you enter a new area. If you give them a decent weapon like a pipe or whatever the fuck, they can reasonably fend for themselves and the weapons they hold will never break.

>>377612676
>climb
They are really fucking retarded in that aspect. Nobody will defend that, but that has fucking nothing to do with navigating them through zombies which you are fucking abhorrent at.
>carry every survivor
Why in the world of fuck would or should every survivor be willing to get piggy back ridden or follow Frank while holding hands when they are perfectly fine.
>>
>>377612728

oh thanks for including the screenshot of your achievement. I'm really fucking impressed.

yes he does have a shotgun, which is great but he doesn't use it half the time or delays using it. After the third time of having to lead him I ended up just giving him a pistol and taking the shotgun myself because at that point I only had mele weapons and it made it quicker.

so how did you make out with leading the survivors after the fat cop boss?

I JUST LEFT THEM IN THE STORE AND CLEARED A PATH. wow. wow. wow. wow
>>
>>377612976

>true

>give them a decent weapon

usually in my case its because I don't have a weapon I want to spare and don't want to have to backtrack but I do agree with that strategy in general. when I do use this I usually just drop my good weapon, pick up a pipe or piece of wood, hand it to them then pick back up my weapon.

>which you are fucking abhorrent at

yeah, that wasn't really meant for discussion. it was just thrown in there because we were on the topic of AI. Basically its one of those things that is annoying dumb because it should work but doesn't.

because like you said regarding isabella, you're not easily grabbed by zombies then. the only downside to this would be when you have multiple survivors. I keep referencing the group of survivors you save from the cop because off hand I think thats the most I had at one time.
>>
File: You're shit.png (16KB, 934x71px) Image search: [Google]
You're shit.png
16KB, 934x71px
>>377613013
>I JUST LEFT THEM IN THE STORE AND CLEARED A PATH. wow. wow. wow. wow

Literally what I did. Told them to wait in the store and cleared the way for them then Put a marker in the bathroom for them to go to and defended them as they made their way there. Not to mention I also had two extra survivors that were hanging from that thing there too.

What the fuck is so hard for you to comprehend? You're literally in the same area as the shortcut which makes getting them around even easier. Also, let me include another accomplishment you'll never be able to obtain since you're so bad at video games.
>>
Use waypoints for survivors you retards
>>
>>377613425

there's nothing I don't comprehend about the strategy. my whole argument is based on the fact that when there are multiple options on how the AI should operate, those options should work. you said it yourself the AI was bad. My argument was never I can't find ways to work around it, my argument was what was wrong with the AI.

I also don't give a shit about your accomplishments. It's adorable you think they hold any level importance. I'm sorry I'll never be as good at video games as you.
>>
>>377613683

read the thread before replying
>>
>>377613689
>I'm sorry I'll never be as good at video games as you.

I'm sorry you'll never be able to grasp simple strategies for simple AI followers. Have fun being a shitter anon.
>>
>>377614124

thanks anon, good luck with getting all those achievements. be sure to keep taking screenshots to whip out when making arguments.
>>
>>377610368
>reddit
>fucking

>spacer

>sum
mernigger
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.