[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im thinking about buying a new controller for my pc. I was wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: elite.jpg (59KB, 578x337px) Image search: [Google]
elite.jpg
59KB, 578x337px
Im thinking about buying a new controller for my pc. I was wondering if anyone else uses a Xbox Elite controller to play their pc games.

Why is the cost so high? Is it worth?

Also general Elite controller discussion.
>>
Just buy a normal wired pc xbone controller.

Its not worth it.
>>
>>377608650
I hear these things are not worth the price tag. Get a xbox or a xbone controler. I know they still got xbox controllers under the windows brand.
>>
>>377608650

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gzj0f9SrBs
>>
They have really poor build quality. The one I bought had a ridiculous amount of stick drift out of the box.
>>
>>377608650
I have one, it's good but not worth the money.

Get a Xbox One S controller.
>>
>>377611070
>>377608984
>>377608740
>>377609358
All of these. The latest iteration of the standard controller is perfectly fine.
>>
Just but a regular one, they're fine. You can buy a kit to convert it to an elite anyways, there was a guy who put it in his Switch Pro controller
>>
Its ight. You dont get a doggle with it tho. But the feel is very nice
>>
Don't buy it for 2 reasons

-The Paddles are fucking incredible and really spoil the shit out of you and it's very difficult to go back to a standard controller
-They have like 5 different problems that may pop up within a year and a half and only about maybe 20-30% owners have experienced no problems since release date
>>
>>377611786

If you do decide to get one. Get one at Best Buy and buy a 2 year warranty.
>>
Is the bone controller really that much better than the 360 one?

I ordered the 360 yesterday because the idea of a removable cable didn't sit very well with me.
>>
>>377612840
A 360 controller is still fine but the Bone's is pretty much better in every way. Better feeling buttons, triggers and d-pad.
The latest version also has Bluetooth so you can use it with a phone much more easily, should you need to do so.
>>
File: 71PS7bmIO6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg (143KB, 1371x1459px) Image search: [Google]
71PS7bmIO6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
143KB, 1371x1459px
Get a normal Xbone controller, and if you really want the paddles find something like pic related.
>>
>>377613038

I don't care about using it on a phone, I just use controllers on the PC. How often does the cord accidentally disconnect from the controller
>>
>>377613831
From the bone controller? Never.
>>
>>377613904

Even though it's detachable?
>>
>>377613952
How often does any of your other wired devices disconnect?
>>
>>377613952
It attaches pretty snugly. I've had the controller slip off the desk and it just hung from the cord, didn't detach.
>>
I ended up selling mine there was a dead spot on the left analog stick and the pads are useless unless you're playing a shooter but you're on pc.
>>
>>377608650
Elites are nice, but not even close the price of admission. Just get a regular, hell, even a 360 controller will do you fine.
>>
Just buy a fucking 360 controller you fucking retard
>>
>>377608650
steam controller
>>
>buy an xbox controller
>it has no wireless dongle to connect it wirelessly
>it has no cable to connect it with a wire
why is microsoft such a jew
i had to go outside and buy a long micro usb cable
the one i had at home was too short
>>
>>377608650
Get a regular Xbone controller, elite is overpriced shit
It's literally just a regular old Xbone controller with a rubber coating on it. It's still made of plastic, the swappable sticks and dpads are useless, and the paddles are too easy to accidentally press so they do more harm than good.
>>
>>377615294
>buy any controller
>it has no wireless dongle to connect it wirelessly
>>
>>377608650
Get a 360 controller. Anything more than that and you're just wasting money.
>>
>>377615294
>What is bluetooth
>What is you should already have plenty of fucking micro usb cables what the fuck
>>
>>377615445
i apparently dont have bluetooth on my pc so it didnt connect
why should i have a lot of micro usb cables again?
i use usb c for my phone
>>
>>377615726
>why should i have a lot of micro usb cables again?
Because everything made in the past 5 years uses it
>>
Have fun with your broken controller that only has a 3 month warranty.

The Elite's a ripoff, get a Steam Controller or a Dualshock 4 and just use the Steam controller configuration tool instead.
>>
Get a steam controller OP.
dont fall for the "hurr durr its shit" meme, 99% of the users that say that never even touched the thing.
>>
>>377615726
Nigger the micro usb cord that the xbox controller uses is the most common kind, just get a cheap bluetooth adapter if it really bothers you
>>
Is there any way to connect a Wii U pro controller using the usb port/wireless to pc without the use of a third party spyware?
>>
>>377616947
wouldn't windows just recognise it as a generic d-input device?
>>
Don't get a bone pad. I've had two of the fuckers and both of them randomly deleted their own drivers off the pad itself meaning no amount of downloading new drivers or re-connecting could fix them. Get a 360 pad or use any other.
>>
>>377608650
I have never had any of the problems with my Elite that people have been complaining about. I used to think they were just basic manufacturing problems that were once in a blue moon, but after having checked it out more, there's like a 9/10 chance you get an Elite that works as intended and lasts.

Honestly, that's way too risky for the price tag. I really like my Elite, but unless you feel like gambling with your money, it probably isn't worth it. A standard XBone controller works fine.
>>
>>377617151
It doesn't use bluetooth or USB connection.
>>
>>377616947
Mayflash makes a dongle for the pro controller, and it is definitely worth it.
>>
I got one as a gift, it's actually pretty great
not worth 150$ but still notably higher quality than a normal bone controller

never had issues like other people are reporting
>>
>>377617661
Thanks for the recommendation, I wanted to get a good priced used xbone controller, but there were only chinese, knockoffs being sold at Amazon.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.