[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was a gigantic open world where you could go everywhere and do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 367
Thread images: 74

File: melons.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
melons.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Was a gigantic open world where you could go everywhere and do everything in whatever order you like a good idea or a mistake?

Consider how the four Beast Watchers have the exact same backstory and growth because you could tackle them in any order you want. If you had to do them in a certain order then they could have been fleshed out much more thoroughly and had a larger impact on the player, but instead they're all interchangeable. Also consider how the overall lack of a story is because of the open worldness and freedom you're given.

And should Link have been able to talk as well? Considering this time he isn't the player avatar you can name whatever you want but is Link himself, he should have been able to speak like everyone else. He's also one of the least expressive and emotive Links in the franchise.
>>
>>377608401
Worked pretty well for Zelda 1, shit translation and lack of clues for secrets aside.
>>
>>377608401
>He's also one of the least expressive and emotive Links in the franchise.

Why are faggots so full of shit? Only WW Link is more emotive for fucks sake.
>>
>>377608401
What do you mean overall lack of story? It can't lack if it doesn't want for story.

The game got so much out of being completely open. It's the game's single biggest asset.

Also this Link was likeable and emotive as fuck, you're crazy.
>>
>>377609461
>>377609021
He did need to be able to talk, though.
>>
>>377610129
I don't agree, dialog choices were fine. In fact nobody should've been talking, the voice acting was the weakest part.
>>
>>377610378
Agreed.
>>
>>377610378
We'll have to agree to disagree there, I liked the voice-acting.
>>
>>377608401
>Was a gigantic open world where you could go everywhere and do everything in whatever order you like a good idea

yes.
>>
>>377610378
good thing it's a video GAME i guess
>>
They probably should've had the bosses scale based on how many you cleared previously. Not sure why they only scaled the world but not the dungeons, seems like it should've been the other way around.

Linear order would've ruined the game completely though.
>>
>>377610903
Do you think one of the DLC packs may do that?
>>
>>377610747
english? The english voice acting was god awful
>>
>>377608401
it was a good idea

if you want a story driven cinematic emotional experience there's a few other big budget games you can play, this game focused on exploration, discovery and physics based experimentation and its structure was a perfect fit for what it tried to achieve
>>
>>377610986
Probably not. Makes too much sense. Instead let's all look forward to floating octoblimp platforms in hard mode for some reason.
>>
It's sad even this Link still lacks of personality. I'm not 'muh story' fag, but they should've put some personalities to him like WW Link.
>>
>>377611027
>giving characters actual characterization is "a cinematic emotional experience"

You're right, so let's remove all characterization from all games so they stop being movies. Miyamoto was right.
>>
>>377611356
He did have personality. He was a cocksure dick
>>
>>377611356
But they did, he's sassy as fuck and has a very expressive face. Look at him in harsh environments or when he's cooking.

Dialog choices included, I'd say he has more of a defined personality than WW Link ever did.
>>
>>377608401
In a lot of ways, BotW was Nintendo's way of making fans shut the fuck up.

All the fans have been saying for the past 15 years is

>we want a bigger overworld
>we want more exploration
>we want less hand holding
>we're bored of the same old dungeons and items
>>
>>377611980
Nintendo truly made them think old dungeons and items were actually good
>>
>>377612175
haha! good joke sir
>>
>>377611980
You forgot "voice acting". Fans have been crying out for that bullshit for years.
>>
File: fuckoffv.png (1MB, 1061x884px) Image search: [Google]
fuckoffv.png
1MB, 1061x884px
Can I just have one day without /v/ or the game I play pushing the nogf agenda REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>377608401
>Was a gigantic open world where you could go everywhere and do everything in whatever order you like a good idea or a mistake?
No. It's like hands down the best thing about Breath of the Wild. Which is still an amazing game.
Its flaws lies elsewhere.

>And should Link have been able to talk as well?
No fuck that. And the same goes to tons of other player characters of other games too.
>>
>>377612219
But I also think it would be better if BotW had a hookshot, large old styled dungeons
>>
>>377611405
>giving characters actual characterization
go play other m, faggot
>>
>>377612498
I think Hyrule Castle with small keys would be the best possible dungeon concept in this kind of game. Add in a Divine Beast-style mechnaism and it'd be pure gold.
>>
>>377611980
the problem with this is that the dungeons in the game were a lot worse
I found myself extremely lucky that I didn't tackle any of the dungeons until I'd finished 95% of the Shrines, so that when I reached them I'd already had a good time and didn't think it was all too disappointing
I was sure that the dungeons were going to be awful though, due to how you can do them in any order, in the same vein that the dungeons in ALBW were all easier, as you went along because they were designed so that any one of them could be tackled first
next time, I hope Nintendo shoves in some hard as hell, long dungeons
I see no problem with having them all be difficult, since if someone finds them too hard, you can just go do some shrines and come back with better weapons and more hearts
having a bunch of dungeons that are even better than Hyrule Castle would be amazing
even if it's only 4 of them
>>
>>377612498
>hookshot
I'd rather have something new.
The 2D games were always pretty cool with coming up with new items that provided new movement options. It would be neat if 3D Zelda could do the same.
No need to repeat the hookshot over and over.

They could implement the running shoes or something. Which we haven't seen in 3D yet.
They could make something like some kind of reverse-stasis where you shoot away Link himself as some kind of projectile.
Or a reverse-magnet where you target a metallic surface but then levitate Link himself relative to the targeted metallic surface you targeted.
They could make some kind of bouncy shoes or something that could give Link extra momentum as he falls.
You could summon familiars/animal companions, like some cool creature ride. Some small bird to hold onto/fly with. A creature that you can launch, then control, and then swap places with Link with like that drone from Axiom Verge or something.

Not to be that guy. But I'd actually be a tad disappointed if I saw the hookshot yet again. I'd probably still love to play around with the hookshot. But I'd still be disappointed.
>>
>>377612807
>the dungeons in the game were a lot worse
nah
>>
File: 1445625991874.jpg (580KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1445625991874.jpg
580KB, 1920x1080px
>>377612807
>I was sure that the dungeons were going to be awful though, due to how you can do them in any order, in the same vein that the dungeons in ALBW were all easier, as you went along because they were designed so that any one of them could be tackled first
People keep saying this. But it's really not true.
Yes the game is easy overall. I'd argue most of them are, but it's still true for this game too. But people kept repeating that there is no difficulty curve to ALBW and it's just flat out false.
You've got tougher enemies to the north. And tougher puzzles to the east. And the toughest area/dungeon in the game is in the northeast Hyrule/Lorule respectively.

You encounter enemies that will likely kill you in one hit. Or two if you've got enough hearts. Three if you're basically maxed out already. Provided you don't do the water temple first and grab the armor upgrade that admittedly makes the entirety of the game that follows a complete cakewalk. But that doesn't change the fact that the game has a difficulty curve. The areas are in no way of the same difficulty level even if they're still accessible.

I really don't know why people kept saying that it lacks a difficulty curve. Pretty much every time the game is mentioned on /v/ someone criticizes it for not having a difficulty curve. Sometimes I almost even wonder if they ever even played the game. Saying that the game is easy is one thing, but claiming that there is no difficulty curve is just outright false.
>>
I really can't bring myself to beat this game.

I don't know why.

Maybe it's because I went straight to Gerudo Town and I feel like everything after will pale in comparison tremendously.
>>
>>377612498
I'd like a hookshot with rope so you can swing around like Spiderman 2.
>>
>>377613945
Zora's arguably better.
>>
>>377612591
>characterization = other m

I know that MOM permanently wounded your soul, but you could at least try to not obsess over it so much.
>>
File: 160626051513965.png (433KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
160626051513965.png
433KB, 1280x720px
>>377613945
>I went straight to Gerudo Town
I did this too. Didn't even know Gerudo Town was a thing.
Actually. I was aiming towards this mountain. Which is to the north of the Gerudo. But I kept getting sidetracked and ended up in the desert.

The Gerudo region is amazing.
>>
>>377608401

BoTW is about the journey, not the destination. They felt that story wasn't important.
>>
File: MATH.png (769KB, 1000x988px) Image search: [Google]
MATH.png
769KB, 1000x988px
>beat desert beast
>Had been progressing counter-clockwise from the Zora so only lack the southern 2 regions
>don't really want to bother because I know it will just be a bunch of yahaha and shrines since all the important towns and regions are exhausted
>haven't played in like a month
Should I bother with it or just go to Ganon's castle?
>>
>>377614220
That's some fucking sidetrack. That mountain and the gerudos are at opposite poles of Hyrule.
>>
How does the WiiU version of the game perform and look?
>>
>>377614174
Or Arkham Knight. I was thinking about it
>>
>>377614209
Not that guy. But while you naturally could make a "good" character out of Samus. It's completely unnecessary to do so, and only comes with unneeded risks.
Because Samus is already an above average non-character. She is interesting through theming and context alone and that's worth quite a lot. No need to jeopardize that.

Build on what you've got instead and leave everything else to context instead.
>>
>>377614442
Just beat it if you feel like you're done.

The southern regions are amazing though, they're some of my favorite areas in the game.
>>
>>377614538
This. Certain games don't really need fleshed out characters. Zelda is a good example of that.
>>
>>377614174
So a better WW grappling hook?
>>
>>377614485
It has the occasional dip but it runs very solid overall.
Just pirate it.
>>
>>377614538
What people who whine and bitch about "OMG personality ruins Samus!" always forget about is that Samus' personality in MOM was solely 100% Sakamoto's fault. He wanted to portray Samus as he always envisioned her. Sakamoto =/= the rest of the world, and if someone else did a Metroid game that had her talk and have a fleshed-out personality it's extremely unlikely they'd do what Sakamoto did. They'd likely do what Retro did with some dialogue added.
>>
>>377614538
I might add that Link is the same.
No need to start to make something potentially stupid or dangerous out of it. I am glad that Link remained mute in BotW.
>>
>>377614485
Choppy when there are a truckload of enemies on screen but fine otherwise.
>>
>>377614442
Yeah the rainforest, the jungle ruins, the horse god, the fishing village, the crazy gaurdian bitch, the archery range, the giant horse, a fucking dragon being amongst tons of stuff to find those regions. Don't bother playing it.
>>
>>377614808
I don't know how.
>>
>>377614485
Since BotW was originally a Wii U game and the Switch version is a port they look identical. BotW was delayed because they wanted to release it as a launch title for the Switch.
Switch docked mode and Wii U performance is about the same. Switch handheld mode is fixed 30fps.
>>
>>377614485
If you already have a wii u and don't want to shell for a switch, then it's ok.
>>
>>377614904
Go to /hbg/ on /vg/.
>>
>>377614442
I like 'em. Maybe you should just beat the game and pick them up later when the DLC comes out.
>>
>>377614485
It's fine. But probably the worst way to play the game since they stripped the game out of all the Wii U features such as the gamepad map and stuff. It runs better on the Switch.
Of course if you've already got a Wii U then it'd be a lot cheaper.
>>
i like well thought out progression and a good sense of direction in games. never been a big fan of open world games in general. kinda disappointed that they decided on open world and hopefully the next zelda will have more direction and longer, more interesting dungeons. quality over quantity, i suppose.

i also really fucking hate games like skyrim, oblivion, fallout 3/4, etc etc so i'm already biased towards open world games.
>>
>>377614826
>>377615083
>>377615001
>>377614991
>>377615179
Cheers.
>>
>>377608401
Shrines ruin this games replay value. I tried replaying it but I just imagined having to do at least have a dozen of those mind numbing shrines just to have enough hearts to get the gimped master sword that has to recharge for 9 minutes.
>>
>>377608401
The narrative has to suffer for a game to be truly open world and I really don't like that. It's a decently cool game, but not what I wanted from Zelda. The problem is as soon as they go back on this formula the normalfags will screech and boycott it unless the open world trend finally dies one day if people ever get sick of it which I don't see happening because normalfags hate linearity.
>>
>>377613837
I played the game, and there is less of a difficulty curve or escalation in dungeon design compared to Zeldas of the past, and that is because you can do the dungeons in any order, so they have to design them for that one item mentality.

Compared to previous Zeldas were some later dungeons, while still primarily designed around the dungeon item, combined items for more complex puzzles.

Though, outside of difficulty, I do think LBW had the best dungeon design from an aesthetic standpoint. Ice Cavern was 10/10 just because of the multiple floors.

Also, LBW had the weakest boss design outside of BotW.
>>
>>377613837
I agree, never understood this. Regions that are harder to get to have harder enemies and dungeons, the ice boss did like 8 hearts of damage without armor and that was't on hero mode.
>>
File: tumblr_n6j3adRgEK1si6k0ao1_540.png (357KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6j3adRgEK1si6k0ao1_540.png
357KB, 540x405px
>>377608401
open worlds with economics and trading and other sym shit are awesome, stuff like ubisoft games where upgrades and missions are basically just a collectible are not.
>>
>>377615803
I prefer the collectible style. I like knowing that an upgrade in a game is finite. Makes me more inclined to go get all of them.
>>
>>377608401
>story shit
>>
>>377611980
i want next zelda to be puzzle game, adventure genre is getting sale and boring.
>>
Since this a Zelda thread. Might as well ask here.
What are the chances of the Breath of the Wild DLC possibly having a new rune? I never really expected one, but I recently realized that they technically could add it.

Could it happen?
>>
.>>377614206

Those fish fucks are just memes.
I just don't feel like the game can compete with Gerudo, the atmosphere is great. The side quests are fun and varied, and also give you rewards outside of just completion (the little girl who starts here own little farm), and the enemy distribution is great fun.
Zora was just bland as fuck.

How are the other two regions? I love the desert IRL so I am biased.

I really feel like the game just fell flat on its face as soon as I was done with the region.
>>
Playing open world games is like reading a book with the pages assigned in random order. It's a shit experience and only homosexuals enjoy it.
>>
>>377616935
I'd be inclined to agree that the Gerudo is the best region in the game. Central Hyrule is still incredibly cool though. And Zora's domain and Akkala are both great.
Do note however, that the Rito region is just awful. Relatively dull all around sadly.
>>
>>377617186
Now all I feel is buyers remorse
>>
>>377608401
It's not the story that's the main problem (though it is a problem) it's the lack of scaling difficulty. Any one of the Divine Beasts or shrines could potentially be done by fresh-out-of-the-womb players so they all have basically the same difficulty. Now maybe if Nintendo wasn't full of fucking pussies who want to coddle the player this wouldn't be a problem, but this is the same company that made Fi the most obnoxious companion in the series because they were worried players wouldn't understand the motion controls. It's still the same developer, they're just pretending that they respect the player now (when they really don't).
>>
>>377608401
>was gigantic open world a mistake

its literally the only good part about the game.
>>
>>377608401
Hey, a fellow Somecallmejohnny fan!
I saw his BotW video too.
>>
>>377617536
>he never said it's a good game or it's a bad game
>>
>>377617186
disagree, l liked the rito region/hyrule hills

worst regions for me were gerudo highlands (complete waste of space) and great hyrule forest (the fog mechanic made it feel sectioned off and restrictive, which runs contrary to the rest of the game's structure)
>>
File: 1360972432817.gif (74KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1360972432817.gif
74KB, 480x270px
>>377617867
>worst regions for me were gerudo highlands (complete waste of space)
I absolutely loved and adored the Gerudo Highlands!
>>
>>377617186
I actually felt Akkala was the weakest region in the game because of how boring it was, it was essentially just an excuse to stick some important NPCs in a single region. All the harsh environment regions were fantastic to navigate
>>
>>377608401
Mistake, story was lackluster as hell.
>>
A couple of things the sequel needs to improve:

>More enemies and better difficulty balance with enemies

There weren't as many enemies as I would have hoped. The only truly hard to kill ones were Lynels too. Not to mention that bokoblins, moblins, and lizalfos, and hinoxes are the only enemies to use the physics and enviroments to their advantage

>Less shrines, more dungeons

Not only were the dungeons extremely short, they also had barely any enemies and had no unique themes. Maybe for the next game we could get a mix of puzzle shrines, mini dungeons, elaborate enemy hideouts, and full scale themed dungeons?

>Better loot to find in chests

It would have been really cool to find more items that aren't just weapons. Hookshots wouldve worked if they had durability and different attributes. Armour with added benefits like the thunder helm would've also been awesome. For example, boots that reduce fall damage or suit that gives you unlimited stamina at the cost of making you move extremely slow.

>Better side quests

With a game as dynamic as Breath of the Wild, I was hoping for some really unique side-quests. Even some of the cooler ones were kind of lame. For example, on Selmie's Spot you can shieldboard to beat your own record, but it would've been cooler if it was a race against other shield boarders and the prize being a unique shield that never take damage from boarding or something. Besides quests like that, most of the side quests were fetch quests and could've used some extra stuff.
>>
I want the open world meme to end. Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>377608401
>Consider how the four Beast Watchers have the exact same backstory
What the fuck are you talking about?

>Also consider how the overall lack of a story is because of the open worldness and freedom you're given.
There is no lack of story you shit for brains. Did you pay attention at all?
>>
Trap Link was a good idea for my dick
>>
>>377618713
>i got killed by this prurple goo monster please touch the 5 glowy things and kill him to release my ghost
>>
>>377618348
Akkala has an interesting weather cycle. And it's not just NPCs. The whole region is kind of concave which I personally find really charming. The potential to glide and climb towrds stuff in Akkala is great.
You've got the major waterfall to the south. You've got Death Mountain to the west. You've got one of the mazes to the north. Lots of Lynels, Hinoxes, and Guardians.
So if you add the research lab, tarrey town, and the cliffs with the monster shop. I'd say the region is pretty cool. I had great fun there. Soaring down from Death Mountain, visiting all the places and talking to all the people, doing the shrines, and then climbing up the waterfall to Zora's Domain was real neat.
>>
>>377618594
>>Less shrines, more dungeons
More dungeons. Yes.
Less shrines? I really don't see why. If Shrines were just more varied visually. And had more unique treasures. Then there'd be zero issues with them. Zero.
>>
>>377618863
Upvoted. Keep it coming this shits hilarious.
>>
>>377619013
half the shrines were test of strength garbage
>>
File: tumblr_om3x9gBqE81qdiamso1_1280.png (1MB, 1270x1850px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_om3x9gBqE81qdiamso1_1280.png
1MB, 1270x1850px
>>377618801
>>
>>377618801
Faggot.
>>
>>377615350
Why do you want replayability in a game that can last you 150+ hours on the first playthrough?
>>
>>377618713
Since you could help them in any order, all their backstories are basically the same, "I was your friend a hundred years ago whoops I died free my soul I watch the Beast now". Individually they had different personalities but they're all the same plot-wise and stroy-wise.
>>
File: IMG_1106.jpg (135KB, 677x805px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1106.jpg
135KB, 677x805px
>>377619405
Yeah. Trap Link is a unacceptable meme. normal Link is more pleasing
>>
File: C7Fn7hEWwAEQz0u.jpg (80KB, 650x933px) Image search: [Google]
C7Fn7hEWwAEQz0u.jpg
80KB, 650x933px
>>377618801
>>
>>377619769
I've fapped 4 times today
>>
>>377619405
No shit sherlock
>>
>>377619550
But it's not the same. Each region for the beasts is different, different peoples, different guardian personalities. Each beast is different in design and each divine beast quest has a different type of side quest or build up content. Nothing about each divine beast experience is really the same aside from really abstract shit like the game flow.
>>
>>377617040
>hating on hopscotch
Full fucking pleb
>>
>>377619854
Go for the big number 5, be
>>
>>377608401
I think they should of made the world a bit smaller, and make it so there had to be some sort of gate on getting the better items.
The first time I played the game, I went straight to hyrule castle, picking up weapons on the way to Ganon, beat him(Bows can take out blight forms really easily except lightning) then found myself with a bunch of OP weapons after I beat him. Any notion of difficulty was thrown out at that point, since I was a glass cannon in a game where that doesn't matter, especially with fairies.
>>
>>377619719
>>
>>377618801
>>
File: IMG_0981.png (359KB, 850x478px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0981.png
359KB, 850x478px
>>377620103
>western style drawing
No
>>
>>377620103
>What are we going to do on the grass?
>>
Akkala is the most pleb region. Hebra is the most patrician.
>>
File: 1494417249330.jpg (13KB, 392x383px) Image search: [Google]
1494417249330.jpg
13KB, 392x383px
The themes dungeons were my favorite parts about The Legend of Zelda, and iv been and still am a loyal fan since the first one came out.

But, there was just nothing like saying
" fuck yes, im done with the Forest Temple, it was super fun, I wonder whats next! fire?! ice temple?! spoopy temple?! "

I remember a long time before Breath came out that there was a rumor going around that there would be dungeons that are as big as the entire Ocarina Of Time map.

I jizzed myself, thinking I can finally rise from the ashes of that aweful Skyward Sword experiment and get back to adventuring.

But no, no water temple( no fucking swimming?)
No special Items to make you feel like a badass

Each " dungeon " in Breath felt more like I was popping the hood of an old car and attaching a loose hose.

Yellow, short, boring and roomless.

And not to mention there is no sense of secrets, everything is just laying around waiting to be picked up.

In this game you dont get those little random eater eggs that make you laugh and feel warm inside.

The last time I really had fun with a LoZ game was when Wind Waker and Twilight came out in HD.

*sigh*
>>
>>377620671
>" fuck yes, im done with the Forest Temple, it was super fun, I wonder whats next! fire?! ice temple?! spoopy temple?! "
I thought this way about the regions in the overworld in BotW. They're the new dungeons.
>>
File: 1494096891664.png (566KB, 905x619px) Image search: [Google]
1494096891664.png
566KB, 905x619px
>>377620671
>*sigh*
>>
I want a giant, rounded city. I can bear 900 koroks if Nintendo sets Hyrule Kingdom like that
>>
>>377608401

No

Every Zelda plot is fucking garbage

Just give me nintendo polished fantasy sandbox but keep enough references to keep the zelda autismos in check

This is the only good Zelda game.
>>
>>377621480
Now that we're past the post-apocalyptic style plot I think it's definitely possible the next game will be like that. I basically want a Cyrodiil style map, with a big populated city at the center and roads full of traveling NPCs going in every direction.
>>
File: 142113123.png (342KB, 730x657px) Image search: [Google]
142113123.png
342KB, 730x657px
open world ruins another franchise. who wudda thought
>>
>>377619863
Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>377620476
>Hebra
it had some cool parts like the deviously hidden shrines or the shield surfing minigame but it needed a real "oh shit" moment like the top of lanayru mountain

an old abandoned mansion like in twilight princess would have been perfect, missed opportunity
>>
>>377617256
>this is the same company that made Fi the most obnoxious companion in the series because they were worried players wouldn't understand the motion controls.

Fi was an annoying cunt because the Wii sold 100 million units. Nintendo believed they had an entire new demograh to call their own - the nongamer. Nintendo thought that Skyward Sword would be many of these nongamers first Zelda, which is why the game holds the player's hand so much. Of course the nongamer demograph were only interested in Wii Sports.
>>
>>377621868
>an old abandoned mansion like in twilight princess would have been perfect, missed opportunity

that would require the zelda team to actually make content. They cant have that now!
>>
>>377621931
you're a mongoloid
>>
>>377622163
What, cant admit that your precious Nintendo is dried up now as a good dev?

>dlc
>rehashing the same game as a new game
>trying to sell a x1 tablet for $300 + tips

Nintendo is dead. Wake up
>>
>>377622360
you're a mongoloid
>>
>>377620671
Nintendo envisioned BotW as taking Zedla back to it's routes - the original NES Zelda. The themed dungeons which fans know and love didn't become a staple until ALTTP. Although you could argue that at least NES Zelda had EIGHT dungeons.

To be honest, I think Nintendo made the right choice. If BotW had traditional Forest/Fire/Water dunegeons, everyone would have rolled their eyes. BotW was a deliberate break from convention. But you can bet that themed dunegeons will make a comeback in future games.
>>
>>377620671
>And not to mention there is no sense of secrets

I don't know how you can argue this at all. There was tons of cool shit that you had to look for. I found multiple hidden areas with loot, there are shrines hidden in caves that need puzzles to open (like the ones you need to hit with snowballs), the eventide island, the are with the 3 hinox brothers, the dragons and figuring out how to get their scales for their springs, that area that is pitch black, then other secrets like special mounts, all the shrines with Kass' puzzles...none of that is part of the 4 main plot quests and
>>
>>377622505
*and you can finish the game without it.
>>
File: 62560769_p0.jpg (85KB, 868x612px) Image search: [Google]
62560769_p0.jpg
85KB, 868x612px
prince > princess
>>
>>377622503
Zelda 1 is nothing like Botw from any point of view. Zelda 1 had

>dungeons
>unique items that DID NOT BREAK
>had an excuse for lack of textures
>music score was a lot better than taking old tunes and putting them through a solo piano
>no DLC

That last one is very important.
>>
File: 62485690_p0.jpg (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
62485690_p0.jpg
1MB, 1200x1200px
>open world ruins progression
How shit of a player are you? My progression felt natural, and set at my own pace all the way through this game. I followed my gut feeling and took the story in the direction I wanted it to go in. You must be creatively bankrupt or something.
>>
>>377622647
I love how the Zora look like a humanoid body and face simply grew out of the belly of a fish, or a person decided to gut a fish and wear it as a hat.
>>
>>377608401
In Fallout 1 you don't have to do anything in any order. There are three main objectives, one you can ignore. You can go straight to the military base at level 1, sneak in, blow it up, then go straight to the church, sneak in, and blow it up
>>
File: Pretty-Italian-Chef-Pictures.png (363KB, 863x550px) Image search: [Google]
Pretty-Italian-Chef-Pictures.png
363KB, 863x550px
>>377622360
Add a few tablespoons of salt.
A pinch of desperation.
A dash of denial.
And voila! A sonyqueer cucktail!
>>
>>377622679
>Zelda 1 is nothing like Botw from any point of view.

You know, there's a two hour presentation on YouTube where Nintendo's development team talk about how wrong you are.
>>
Just got to Garudo Village. Why is everyone so damn cute. Especially that girl at the bar. Can't handle all this.
>>
>>377623042
Fuck what Nintendo says, what the reality is is everything I pointed out, of course you ignore that and blindly defend Nintendo destroying everything they touch.
>>
File: 1494648602980.png (161KB, 700x648px) Image search: [Google]
1494648602980.png
161KB, 700x648px
>>377622836
waggle
>>
File: C8rW77OUQAANlJl.jpg (146KB, 800x1120px) Image search: [Google]
C8rW77OUQAANlJl.jpg
146KB, 800x1120px
>>377621791
I dont want to, mongoloid
>>
File: 62942316_p1.png (2MB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
62942316_p1.png
2MB, 800x1200px
>>377623232
voe or vai
>>
File: 62942316_p2.png (1MB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
62942316_p2.png
1MB, 800x1200px
>>
File: denial.jpg (33KB, 374x292px) Image search: [Google]
denial.jpg
33KB, 374x292px
>>377623221
>>
>>377622801
Paya a cute.
>>
>>377608401
nope. backstory has nothing to do in the order you can tacke things, open world is a great idea
>>
>>377619287
>>377619769
>>377619863
>>377620232
>>377623232
When will there be more art/screenshots of Link in the traditional male Gerudo clothes, he looks just as hot in them and they actually show off his pecs.
>>
>>377623290
Who do you think
>>
File: 1495072419729.jpg (629KB, 758x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1495072419729.jpg
629KB, 758x1000px
>>377623420
you're lazy and don't look hard enough
>>
>>377623420
Female Gerudo hides the right amount, keeps the mystery
>>
>>377623173
The Gerudo are the best. They're all so charming.
Even the little kids that run around actually get together, have their own relationships with the other characters, and have their own politics that they struggle with and try to resolve. It's all really fleshed out.
>>
File: 1494246326547.jpg (55KB, 736x1007px) Image search: [Google]
1494246326547.jpg
55KB, 736x1007px
>>
durian fruit is broken

remove the durian fruit
>>
>>377623501
That's the stuff.

I look everywhere and there's barely any of it, just the female clothes.
>>
>>377623574
And you can't marry any of them. FUCK.
>>
>>377622801
open world cannot allow progression unless the developers put a lot of work into creating a progressing world. The problem with open world when done by most devs is that they use it as an excuse to give lack of content when really you're suppose to be moving the bulk of content development to making the world have a reason to be explored. Instead, botw feels like they forgot to add all those ruins and dungeons that a normal explorer like Link would run into. Instead, we get shrines, YAHAHA, and a bunch of nothing.
>>
File: 1491707203164.jpg (4MB, 2894x4093px) Image search: [Google]
1491707203164.jpg
4MB, 2894x4093px
>>
>>377623042
>believing the jews' lies

I watched it long before. They lied their faces off. I've seen when Nintendo has done keynotes. That was an advertisement through and through.
>>
File: Die Hard.png (209KB, 495x358px) Image search: [Google]
Die Hard.png
209KB, 495x358px
How does Link not walk around Garudo Village with a huge boner all the time? Man has a will of steel.
>>
>>377623930
same way you walk around the normal world, virgin
>>
File: e57129730f913d2e432bc5da2a5052e5.jpg (729KB, 810x1440px) Image search: [Google]
e57129730f913d2e432bc5da2a5052e5.jpg
729KB, 810x1440px
>>
>>377623930
link is is a hotter girl than any of those giant nosed amazonian freaks.
>>
>>377608703
Not really.
BotW is far more open than Zelda 1. Zelda 1 isn't the completely open game that people think it is. You still have to do some dungeons in order.
>>
>>377623930
because Gerudos are ugly, the only cute one is the jewelry shop owner
>>
>>
>>377623930

>hips twice as wide as the woman is tall
>eight pack abs
>giant noses

I genuinely did not find the Gerudo attractive.
>>
>>377609021
SS Link is pretty damn expressive.
>>
>>377611980
And it became one of the most critically acclaimed games ever?

Shit, maybe Nintendo should start listening to their fans some more. Or no, we need more experiences like SFZ, and Color Splash?
>>
>>377623765
>open world cannot allow progression unless the developers put a lot of work into creating a progressing world.
When I did things in the world, NPCs changed their dialog. The divine beasts pointed their beams at the castle. Weather for a region sometimes changed. Blood moons passed and enemies scaled up. I got more hearts, more inventory slots, more stamina bars, more of the map's overview stored in my slate, new guardian weapons and new armor. I saw more memories and pieced them together to form a story, which could have been done in any order, and which still in the end came together as an unfolding plot with character and world development.

That's all progression. So, I have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>377608401
At least it wasn't a compronise between a massive empty hyrule field and a bunch of packed corridors and dungeons this time.

Variety is the spice of life.
>>
>>377624430
It means you're a shallow minecraft player
>>
>>377624097
You don't technically have to complete the dungeons in any specific order so long as you retrieve the dungeon items inside.
>>
>>377624516
variety also is the death of uniqueness
>>
>>377622884
I like you.
>>
>>377624741
What does that even mean.
>>
>>377624657
Almost every LoZ has these things, shitposter. And that doesn't tell me how those things don't contribute to a sense of progression. You do things and the world responds, you get more things over time, you go to new places. This is progression.
>>
>>377624741
>I don't like change because change is permanent.
So you like stagnation but hate change because it'll lead to stagnation?
>>
>>377624904
Change is not always good faggots
>>
>>377611726
nah he never bats an eye to any characters, total stick in the mud
>>
>>377624741
You're pants on head retarded.
>>
You CAN do them in any order, but would you really want to do, say, Vah Rudania first? That's just asking for trouble.
>>
>>377624190
Different faps for different paps, I guess.
I agree with you though
>>
>>377624741
What in the name of Ganondorf is that supposed to mean?
>>
>>377624657
So basically for you progression == story progression only?
>>
>>377625049
Running to Death Mountain first means running past Hyrule Castle, or venturing through Hebra or Zora's Domain and ignore the Rito and the Zora.

But if you do rush towards Death Mountain. Death Mountain remains the best vantage point of the entire game. The places you can fly to from there are great.
>>
Anyone else kind of unsure about the way the game handles "RPG" mechanics?

Zelda's always been weird about whether or not it wants to flirt with becoming a full on RPG, but BotW feels like it's teetering right on the edge. The whole game reminds me of an RPG where you've already hit max level, so your only real means of progression is gear.

That isn't even right though, since you've got an ability to gain health and stamina. It's like it's a hair's breath away from throwing in strength, dex, and the rest, and just fully embracing the genre.
>>
File: IMG_8088.png (92KB, 500x573px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8088.png
92KB, 500x573px
The game has a real problem with gameplay and storytelling. The combat and puzzles are basic, intro to Adventure games. The atmosphere and tone shift constantly between cutscenes and in-game. Nothing about calamity or impending doom is reflected in the gameplay or NPCs. The world itself was pretty throwaway. It was just Hyrule again, now with Monolith Soft's patented fuckton of empty space between the setpieces you already know and have seen a half a dozen times.

If the gameplay had been improved upon, or the game had some convincing characters, it might be a different story. I failed to finish the game after 35 hours, 70-ish Shrines, 3 1/2 Beasts and all of the Memories. It became a constant uphill battle to find a reason to come back to it, until I finally just didn't.

Oh well.
>>
>>377624938
Stagnation is worse in every way.

So what? you didn't like THIS change. Get on with your life and stop being a jaded neet.

Also, after skyward sword, Miyamoto said that every Zelda entry after this one was going to feature motion controlled sword play. This didn't happen.
>>
>>377624516
Yeah I love the variety of YAHAHAs in the world.
>>
>>377625593
Here's what (You) actually love.
>>
File: Anche.jpg (48KB, 361x651px) Image search: [Google]
Anche.jpg
48KB, 361x651px
>>
>>377608401
>He's also one of the least expressive Links in the franchise
Stopped reading there. He's full of emotion
>>
>>377624741
Variety is the BIRTH of uniqueness you absolute fool. You have angered me like no other. Please, please kill yourself.
>>
>>377610378
normies care about voice acting though. releasing a AAA game in 2017+ without voice acting is suicide
>>
Why are all of the setpieces so small? Not even the Domains, which are laughable, but places like the Gerudo Highlands, Gerudo Desert, and most notably Death Mountain. Death Mountain feels like a fraction of what it was in OoT.
I think this stems from the open-ness of the world. You can see Death Mountain from all angles, and it takes a couple of minutes to hike and traverse, with very little in the way of being menacing or harboring menacing creatures.

Grandeur, but only for grasslands. What a thrill.
>>
So, other than the Garudo and Hylians, do the other races "mingle"? Rito and Zora females are kind of sexy.
>>
>>377626180
Development time mostly. Takes effort to do anything grand in an open world without cheating with load screens and the like (which they did do with the divine beasts), but they probably didn't want to take away from the presentation for outdoor environments doing such on weak last-gen hardware.
>>
File: Ashai cowers.png (338KB, 450x469px) Image search: [Google]
Ashai cowers.png
338KB, 450x469px
>>377626286

Yes they do. One Sheikah in Kakariko has a wife from Lurellin and Grante seems to be half Sheikah. We also see people from Lurellin wandering around.

The Zora do the least mingling
>>
>>377625049
I went for whatever I found first, so I went for Zoras and then Gorons.
>>
I kinda want to buy a Switch for it, but I see zero other games I want and looking at the releases for next year, Arms and Splatoon, I cant see any I want to buy this year
>>
>>377627023

Puyo Puyo Tetris is really fun.
>>
>>377626180
I don't know what you're talking about. They're enormous.
>>
>>377626180
>Death Mountain feels like a fraction of what it was in OoT.
It does? It's huge. The largest thing on the entire map.
>>
They do make it somewhat structured by making sure you have a certain combo of items unlocked by the time you reach each one.
>If you had to do them in a certain order then they could have been fleshed out much more thoroughly and had a larger impact on the player, but instead they're all interchangeable
This actually is a good point though. There isn't a difficulty curve to the dungeons because there can't be.
Compare it to how they abandoned any form of structure in Link Between Worlds. No difficulty curve at all, and the fact that they couldn't guarantee what you would or wouldn't have at any point meant that they had to take the "dungeon item only gets used there and nowhere else" problem to a new level of shittiness. I think they did a way better job in BoTW but it has the same problem of never being able to build on itself.
>>
>>377627872
>Link Between Worlds
>No difficulty curve at all
There it is again. People keep saying this.
>>
>>377627872
Everyone praised it but was there any real difference betwewn buying the item and going to the dungeon designated for such item, and going to the dungeon and finding the weapon you have to use inside?
>>
>>377627872
Death mountain is absolutely harder than the kakariko dungeon.

There is a difficulty curve, its just not spelled out.
>>
>>377626530
Can't Link get a Hylian and a Zora together in the game? I think I remember seeing that on here.
>>
>>377627872

There's a difficulty curve in LBW. The dungeons are even numbered according to it. You're just not required to experience the difficulty curve correctly.
>>
File: zelda_wet_for_Link.png (375KB, 550x459px) Image search: [Google]
zelda_wet_for_Link.png
375KB, 550x459px
>>377623675
You know who's fault that is
>>
>>377627872
Vah Naboris is harder than Vah Ruta.
>>
File: 1493181210587.gif (60KB, 434x434px) Image search: [Google]
1493181210587.gif
60KB, 434x434px
>>377628407

Post YFW...
>you now realize Zelda summoned Calamity Ganon early herself to kill off Mipha out of jealousy without taking any of the blame
>you now realize Zelda haunts Paya's dreams with nasty threats of what she'll do if she gets too close to Link
>you now realize that Zelda and her jealous nature are the true villains of BotW
>>
>>377627872
LBW definitely has dungeons that are harder than others and the same is true of BotW.

As it stands, very few Zelda games have much of a gap in difficulty between their first and final dungeons. The range is usually "very easy" to "kind of easy"
>>
File: yanderezelda.png (80KB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
yanderezelda.png
80KB, 480x269px
>>377628772
Yandere Zelda when
>>
>>377610378
They should've never included voiced cutscenes and a silent Link. They either should've done voiced dialogue with dialogue choices or no voices at all. Instead you have these very weird and awkward cutscenes where someone's talking to themselves while Link stands there.
>>
>>377628872

The biggest problem is that difficulty in Zelda is derived from two things:

1. Number and damage level of enemies
2. Length/complexity of puzzles

Zelda's core mechanics involve getting more health AND more damage reduction, so as the enemies increase and their damage increases, your ability to deal with all of that is growing at a rate that far exceeds the increases on the enemies' side of the table. That means that even though the game is getting more "difficult" in terms of sheer numbers, it's actually feeling more and more easy because YOUR numbers are EVEN higher.

As for the puzzles, they're all about the same challenge level, they just get longer or involve more rooms at once. So early on you'll get into the heads of the developers and understand the ways they're expecting you to solve the puzzles, and once again even though the puzzles are increasing their complexity you're figuring them out at the same speed. The puzzle may be twice as long to complete, but you're now figuring it out twice as fast, so it feels too easy near the end and the longer puzzles just feel more like a chore than a challenge.

All Zelda games have a well thought out difficulty curve, but the player is given so much in the way of assistance from items, hearts, upgraded armor, and upgraded swords that it makes the player become overpowered too fast and kills the balance, making the games feel easier the longer you play them regardless of end-game enemies taking 10x as many hits with a normal sword (because you actually have a Level 3 Sword that deals 10x as much damage anyway, evening it out).
>>
File: big vure.jpg (204KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
big vure.jpg
204KB, 1280x720px
>>377628127

I mean you don't see Zora in other races regions. The only time that happened is when they were searching for a Hylian under Sidon's orders. We see Goron and Gerudo everywhere and Rito also have a fair degree of wanderlust
>>
>>377630341
It may be that because they're aquatic they don't go very far from a water source out of instinct.
>>
>>377630585

... or they're incredibly racist
>>
>>377630690
Where does the game say they're racist?
>>
File: 1492437256226.jpg (55KB, 348x383px) Image search: [Google]
1492437256226.jpg
55KB, 348x383px
>>377624741
This is screencap-worthy
>>
So I met the little girl old lady today. I've heard that old people are extremely sexually active, so is she still despite being turned into a 6 year old?
What did she mean by fearing how Simyn has been staring at her?
>>
>>377608401
Making Link talk would be an absolutely retarded move.
>>
>>377630763

How they treat Link and Kodah's comments about her daughters taste in men. If they're not racist then they're at least very insular and very hard to impress

>>377631378

She thinks he doubts her being as good at her field of research as she once was
>>
>>377630690
No, probably the water thing.
>>
>>377631724
Remember they ARE fish people who live in water and don't interact with the other races as much. Also the whole fish school with each other thing may have influenced their predispositions towards non-Zora. They're still pretty chill folks, though.
>>
File: 62983071_p0.jpg (435KB, 800x595px) Image search: [Google]
62983071_p0.jpg
435KB, 800x595px
I got the impression that the older ones are racist fucks but the younger ones are chill bros
>>
File: tumblr_oq07huDcAA1s8lfn3o1_1280.jpg (236KB, 750x768px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oq07huDcAA1s8lfn3o1_1280.jpg
236KB, 750x768px
fish are cute
>>
File: 62904029_p0.png (1MB, 840x1120px) Image search: [Google]
62904029_p0.png
1MB, 840x1120px
>>
>>377632545

Literally nothing you said conflicts with them being racist. In fact, your first two sentences support it. The final sentence is just not relevant to whether they're racist.

You DO know that people can be racist without being literal KKK members trying to genocide other races, right? Like, it's possible to be a generally good or "chill" person but still pre-judge others based solely on their race, or want to exclude them from things because of it? That's a racist attitude even if they're not also Hitler clones.
>>
wow
>>
>>377633232
And this is why I hate discussing anything on /v/, whoever you're talking to will always leap to the most extreme scenarios and examples if you don't 100% agree with them.
>>
>>377632545
>Remember they ARE fish people who live in water and don't interact with the other races as much.
Good reason they might be racist.

>Also the whole fish school with each other thing may have influenced their predispositions towards non-Zora.
Predispositions toward non-Zora would very easily lead to racism.

>They're still pretty chill folks, though.
Chill folks can be racist. There are varying degrees.
>>
>>377633820
>Predispositions toward non-Zora
I should have said predispositions AGAINST.
>>
>>377633527
>ugh
>I hate it when that guy /v/ disagrees with me
>well, guess I better continue frustrating myself by replying to threads with my opinion
>>
The Zora felt very much like Tolkien Elves to me.
>>
File: 62807455_p0.png (937KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
62807455_p0.png
937KB, 1024x768px
>>377633972
elves are humans
zora are elves
>>
>>377608401
That Link is now a real human beeing and not "insert player" was probably one of the best thing.

Also I must admit that eventhough BotW is wonderful and great it has gigantic negative points.

First of all, I hate openworld games like Skyrim and Fallout. I also didn´t liked it by zelda, but zelda was by far the one with the biggest fun of all them and I also kinda rushed it with 60-80hours (with secret end) and will wait for all dlc´s and buy the game on the switch.

Here are the things I was kinda sad about.
>no infusing of weapons like in Souls
>no ability to repair weapons to allow you single weapon playthroughs
the world was gigantic, full of life. I didn´t found any of the big secrets like Ganondorfs horse or whatever but
>no sidestory to the secrets (Lord of the wild or whatever his name is would be great)
>no sidestory about the dragons
>shrines are cool, but I wished we would get more real side-dungeons (Titans were great imho! Short but great!)
>the stories in the memories are 10times better than the actual story, but it was still good
>yigas should be optional sidestory, with a much better bossfight

but I think my biggest critic is, that I really misunderstood what Aonuma meant at first. I thought it is more about finding the way into the dungeon, with items like hookshot and not "you need a way to go the map statue".

Everything else were great and having so much fun in a fucking open world game makes this game at least a 8 or 9/10
>>
>>377634227
>>no sidestory to the secrets (Lord of the wild or whatever his name is would be great)

Finding Ganondorf's horse is literally a sidequest.
>>
File: 1419051344775.jpg (17KB, 400x293px) Image search: [Google]
1419051344775.jpg
17KB, 400x293px
>That NPC who practically shlicks herself to Guardians after you do that one picture slideshow side quest

>That one NPC who thinks you're trying to commit suicide off a bridge and tries to talk you out of it

>That one arrow selling NPC who makes blatant sexual innuendos about bows and arrows

What the fuck is going on at Nintendo
>>
>>377634438
oh sorry ok didn´t know that. Then I will just say sidequest to dragons and lord of the wild.

Dragons e.g. should be also just optional bosses.

For example, let´s take skyrim. afaik there are these secret daedric weapons or whatever, but how cool would it be if you actually have a quest which let´s you find them then get something for finding all of them. Some optional Boss optional Story like Kafai in MM.

That´s what I am mostly missing in this openworld games.
>>
>>377634438
Pretty sure he meant that glowing horse thing on Satori Mountain.
>>
>>377634227
>First of all, I hate openworld games like Skyrim and Fallout.
I hate them too. But I love Morrowind and had a great time with Oblivion.
>>
>>377634737
Yeah but I was talking in General. But also about the Lord of the Wild.

The first Time I was there, it was during day without the spirit animals and once I got there with them. But you see all these spirit animals (can you even do something to them?) during your journey. Why couldn´t you just get a fucking quest about saving some forest of a secret boss to get the horse. That would be fun for example.

>>377634954
I just hate them, because I like having a "certain direction" and a difficulty curve in my games.
>>
>>377608401
My problem was the the giant world looked all the same, it looks like a mine-craft random generated map, even down to cliche biomes.

And then the only things you can get for exploring are Korok seeds and Shrines, at least the most important ones. So you can explore but the lack of variety in rewards make it feel repetitive.

I ended up just sprinting to shrines avoiding all battles to just preserve my weapons, theres nothing yo gain from battles.
>>
The reality is Nintendo blew most of their time/money on the open world and making it seamless with the physics. I'm surprised they made such a smooth and complete game like this from scratch and in 5 years.

This game is pretty much a base for later games to come and I'm sure they'll focus on adding substantial content like dungeons and just changing up the world for a new story/adventure.
>>
>>377622868
My headcannon is that's how zoras and rito exist in the same time line. These are new zoras evolved from fish, not the silvery zoras that evolved into rito
>>
>>377608401
>good idea or a mistake?

I think the concept is fine, but the world was just too big in general. By the time you get close to beating ganon it's all so stale you just want it over with.
>>
>>377635309
BotW Gaiden with reused assets when?
>>
File: 1478129275099.jpg (33KB, 634x356px) Image search: [Google]
1478129275099.jpg
33KB, 634x356px
>>377624741
Go away and never come back.
>>
File: link.png (122KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
link.png
122KB, 1200x1200px
>>
>>377635197
>And then the only things you can get for exploring are Korok seeds and Shrine

fucking this shit. And even koroks get stale so fast. If I saw an obvious korok and it was too far out of my way I wouldn't even bother since the upgrades aren't really needed/wanted anyway.
>>
>>377635197
>My problem was the the giant world looked all the same

You have to be kidding me. Show me a random screen from anywhere in the game and I'll probably be able to tell you exactly which area of the world it's from.
>>
>>377635197
>the only things you can get for exploring are Korok seeds and Shrines

This a total bullshit meme. The game is packed with things to see and do. Fucking PACKED.
>>
>>377636235
yeah packed full of koroks and shrines.
>>
Personally I found the game boring, vast open spaces with nothing to do but find Korok seeds and shrines. Oh and climbing, lots of boring ass climbing.
>>
>>377636235
This game is fucking boring, and this comes from someone liking zelda and nintendo in general.

Exploration gives you nothing but shit items that break too quick anyway, seeds and shrines. By moving heart parts into shit shrines there is nothing to fucking do in the few villages around. Remember OOT or MM? When you actually had some stuff to do, even if it was miniscule. They felt much more alive than this game.

All you get out of exploring is maybe beautiful sights and the game isnt even that beautiful. The rewards for quests and everything in general are just bullshit. There is no point in doing anything except if you like looking at fields and mountains.
>>
>>377634551
Nintendo has always added shit like that to their "children" games.
>>
File: 3 different places.jpg (233KB, 934x1642px) Image search: [Google]
3 different places.jpg
233KB, 934x1642px
>>377636106
why not 3, give you more chances
>>
>>377636665
>The rewards for quests and everything in general are just bullshit

fucking THIS
>go far and wide to complete a quest
>guy gives me 100 rupees

ayyyy go fuck yourself.
>>
>>377636584
Normally I'm not into the whole giantess fetish, but the thought of that train grinding violently between those two huge dripping beasts while the passengers are helplessly and painfully ground into hamburger really turns me on.
>>
Mechanically it works but it's the reason the plot sort of sucks and why the west will never adopt this design of open world; their games always place too much importance on plot
>>
>>377636706
These were all taken in the same area, right?
>>
File: PRIMEOTIONS.jpg (133KB, 486x423px) Image search: [Google]
PRIMEOTIONS.jpg
133KB, 486x423px
>>377636584

No better way to derail a thread, huh Sonybro?
>>
If instead of Divine Beasts, we had non linear dungeons similar to Zelda 1, the game would have been so much better. The Divine Beasts are a fucking terrible excuse for dungeons.
>>
>>377636919
no, unless the guy spent 6 hours in the same spot
>>
>>377636706
Top two are in Akalla. Bottom looks like central Hyrule. How'd I do?
>>
>>377636706
2 top ones in Akkala
Bottom one in central Hyrule most likely near an stable
>>
>>377637068
almost 1 outta 3, not bad
>>
>>377636706
1 is somewhere on the way to the "fortress" which is just a climbing shit without exploring the fortress. Also one huge downside of the game. I think it is kinda after a horse-place and right before you see area which lets you go to a statue where you can get one memory.

2. is somewhere in the way to the village where you get your camera

3. is probably also on the way to the fortress
>>
>>377637230
hint, the two you said about on your way to the fortress are...after the fortress. other ones just wrong
>>
File: 1187583439609.png (919KB, 1050x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1187583439609.png
919KB, 1050x1050px
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>377637173
Fuck off, the top two are in akalla, you only get those autumnish trees in that region.
>>
>>377637517
>you only get autumnish trees in that region
lol someone hasnt discovered everything about the game yet
>>
>>377636665
The side quests in OoT weren't that great either. You either got a heart piece or rupees. Remind me again what you got for getting all the gold skultulas?
>>
>>377637419
Well I played the game 2 months ago so I can´t remember everything. But I could swear that 2. is right before you can go right to the shore and a little bit left-forward is the house with the loli.

But still 1 and 3 is somewhere near the giant tower fortress.
>>
>>377637716
lol
>>
>>377637970
what?
>>
>>377638018
your wrong
>>
>>377637637

Then could you fucking respond to that anon specifically why he's wrong? Are there autumn trees in some other wide area of the game or some fancy wand you get by clearing 70 shrines in a certain span of hours that you can change trees to any color you want? Don't be such a smug prick; I don't own a Nintendo console and yet I know you're being an idiot.
>>
>>377638091
oh wait, 3 is after the loli girl house, right? That´s the place when you needed to go first to do the stupid blue flame torch quest, if I remember correctly.
>>
>>377638218
>specifically why he's wrong?
well, hes wrong, because those are not the correct locations
>>
File: 1431998359304.jpg (27KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1431998359304.jpg
27KB, 500x281px
>>377638392

I'm asking you to give the correct answer then because there are people in this thread who would legitimately like to know. Unless you're braindead and forgot.
>>
>>377638569
I'm not telling yoooouuuuu~
>>
>>377638392
Not him but shitposting aside, Nintendo did a commendable job in making each province unique in regards to biomes and geology. I don't recall those autumn themed trees appearing anywhere in the game execpt the NorthEast, which is the Akkala region.
>>
>>377638791
Because that anon got it right. At least you could have admitted it to him.
>>
>>377638569
i already gave narrowed down locations, and the point of this was the game was so "unique" that SOMEBODY would be able to figure out where these 3 completely different areas are. lets give it an entire hour to see if literally anyone can get them
>>
>>377638964
It's already been answered.
>>
>>377639060
yeah, incorrectly. even after giving out a more narrow range
>>
>>377639195
The first two are from the North East of the map - which is Akkala. That anon was right. Are you really going to continue this charade?
>>
>>377638964
meh I am leaving this thread but to correct my answers from
>>377637230
>>377637716
>>377638295

1) should be in the near of the tower fortress it is either before or after(before loli scientist village)

2) should be somewhere in akaala or whatever the place is called, in the near of the shore. or it´s on the "blue flame torch route"

3) is right afte loli scientist village, when you need to fullfill the blue torch quest

Not playing the game for 2 months and you even admitted I narrowed down 2 of them correctly.
>>
>>377635197
>My problem was the the giant world looked all the same, it looks like a mine-craft random generated map, even down to cliche biomes.
>lanayru's blue gem-like rock, high fantasy architecture, pine trees, corals and flowing water everywhere
>faron's tropical rainforest with its huge palm trees, aztec inspired ruins and striking contrast between deep crimson soil and greenish environmental haze
>hyrule hills with its strange giant mushroom trees giving it an alien look unlike anything else in the franchise
>great hyrule forest covered in eternal mist with particles effect everywhere, dead monster trees and dim lighting
>akkala and its beautiful autumn colors
>death mountain surrounded by sharp shredded rocks, turquoise hot springs and full of the mangled metallic architecture and technology of the gorons
it's sort of depressing when talented artists create visually striking worlds and you've got random faggots too fucking stupid to realize it
>>
>>377639418
>going from "i would know where they are" to "i vaguely got closer then other anons but dont know where it is is good enough"
heh. we need a shop of link moving some goal posts
>>
>>377613837
People on /v/ love to parrot stuff. And it isnt like linear dungeons=hard zelda, just look at TP.
>>
File: Gloves.gif (15KB, 249x224px) Image search: [Google]
Gloves.gif
15KB, 249x224px
>>377613212
>>
>>377636365
Well you can free a corrupted dragon on a mountain or look for the statue of a missing goddess or navigate a maze wreathed in eternal darkness or go bowling with snowballs or hunt a giant horse or shoot targets on mounted obstacle course or hunt down your memories based on an ancient painting or bring ice across the desert or cook for a hungry bird or start a town or decipher an ancient plaque broken into fragments or help a shy dude get a date or ride a bomb powered rollercoaster or search for ancient leviathan skeletons or summon a horse diety or take photos of wildlife or inflitrate an assassins hideout or navigate through a sandstorm or survive on a desert island or fight over 100 miniboss battles and literally tons of other shit to lose yourself in.

Yeah nothing but koroks and shrines.
>>
>>377639784
>all that boring pointless shit

Yep, nothing but Koroks and shrines.
>>
File: okbro.jpg (184KB, 1032x816px) Image search: [Google]
okbro.jpg
184KB, 1032x816px
>>377639634

too bad anon!
>>
>>377637490
your life is shit if you did this
>>
>>377639989
Top kek. Keep living in denial even when BTFO. That's almost worth saluting.
>>
>>377640007
yeah, none of those are correct. include me in the screenca-oh wait

"if i screencap it itll be right!"
>>
>>377639719
Exactly! I loved the magnet glove.
Absolutely loved seasons in general.
>>
>>377640251
You'll never post the answers because you know people have already guessed the right answer within seconds.
>>
>>377640251
No that was just for you to know that I didn't said anything about 'I can tell the exact places' from the beginning I told you vaguely where they are. Like I said I didn't played the game since march. But instead of beeing a bitch you could just show where these places are

You probably even took these pics from the internet and never played the game
>>
>>377637490
To be honest, I thought that was hilarious. Nintendo are literally saying that this kind of collectathon completism in games is just a total fucking waste of time.
>>
>>377640360
lol

>>377640468
well your vaguely correct, as in, mostly wrong
>>
>>377637490
"Why the fuck did you actually find all of them you fucking autist you had to use google for this that isn't how you're supposed to play the game"
>>
>>377641229
You got BTFO. Take it like a man, chump.
>>
File: 62720764_p0.png (593KB, 666x800px) Image search: [Google]
62720764_p0.png
593KB, 666x800px
>>
File: 62758766_p0.jpg (235KB, 800x701px) Image search: [Google]
62758766_p0.jpg
235KB, 800x701px
>>
File: 62864687_p7.jpg (338KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
62864687_p7.jpg
338KB, 800x800px
>>
File: Girls.jpg (77KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.jpg
77KB, 600x536px
>>377641409
>IM NOT WRONG IM NOT WRONG IM NOT WROOOONGGGG YOOOUUURRR WRONG
>>
Is there any official art of the Hinox yet?
>>
>>377641229
Post the results then.
>>
File: 9ec550f9d19497a5d54bec8f2d60018e.jpg (103KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
9ec550f9d19497a5d54bec8f2d60018e.jpg
103KB, 768x1024px
>>377641679
Post the answers then. I dare you. I bet you won't. You'll dodge the subject with another shitpost.
>>
File: 62864687_p6.jpg (613KB, 741x1000px) Image search: [Google]
62864687_p6.jpg
613KB, 741x1000px
>>
File: 1494813005901.jpg (416KB, 1280x1048px) Image search: [Google]
1494813005901.jpg
416KB, 1280x1048px
>>
>>377617867
So you'd prefer to just run through the forest in a straight line? Wow what a thrilling experience that would be
>>
>>377642638
l'd prefer to explore the forest on my own terms and not be railroaded into mediocre or even shit linear challenges (the korok trailing mission is by far the worst part of the game)
>>
>>377643070
In fairness, The Lost Woods is a staple of the series. Even the original NES game had that section.
>>
>>377617867
>the fog mechanic made it feel sectioned off and restrictive, which runs contrary to the rest of the game's structure
A separate island full of fog and its own forest felt highly arturian. Which now that I think about it, might have even been intentional, considering it's the forest that houses the Master Sword which is sealed in a stone pedestal waiting to be pulled from its resting place.

But yeah. It was reminiscent of Avalon. And the mist reeked of fairies at work.
>>
>>377642018
already went over this, already narrowed it down for you guys.

literally anyone in this thread, anybody?
>>
>>377608401
>Consider how the four Beast Watchers have the exact same backstory and growth because you could tackle them in any order you want.

No, it wasn't the same because you could tackle them in any order. It was the same because Nintendo is either too lazy or bad to make different stand alone stories for each of them, so they just copy pasted the same basic outline. There was a lot they could do, but didn't do.

>Also consider how the overall lack of a story is because of the open worldness and freedom you're given.

You have story, it is just spread out and mostly optional- which I prefer.

>And should Link have been able to talk as well? Considering this time he isn't the player avatar you can name whatever you want but is Link himself, he should have been able to speak like everyone else.

Not verbally, just give the player more dialogue options that is all you need. Add playable sections to the flashbacks and let the player (as Link) talk with the 4 warriors and Zelda.

>He's also one of the least expressive and emotive Links in the franchise.

There is plenty wrong with BotW, you don't have to lie. BotW Link is one of the most expressive and emotive characters in gaming, despite the fact that he doesn't talk. Who ever was in charge of animating him deserves a gigantic raise.
>>
>>377613945
Gerudo Town and Zora's Domain are the best main quest lines. Rito is ass and almost non-existent. Goron's exists, but sucks. Hyrule Castle is the best 'dungeon' in the game.
>>
The gameplay really is cancer, but for a sense of world and progression I really love WoW. It's technically an open world, but you're guided through it based on levels, with full-fledged dungeons littered about to give you a more focused challenge. I'd like to see that setup in a Zelda game.
>>
>>377643446
Butch how are they wrong? I'm looking at the area right now
>>
>>377643479
>It was the same because Nintendo is either too lazy or bad to make different stand alone stories for each of them, so they just copy pasted the same basic outline.

You can literally aim that at any Zelda game or any game in general. The dungeons in a ALTTP all have the same premise - there's a bunch of sage chicks who need to be saved and there's one in each location. That's it. Nobody ever complains about it because it's a total non-issue.

I'm not going to pretend that BotW is faultless. Much of it's shortcomings come from being a open world game - issues which the genre has in general by virtue of it's entire concept.

But some of the 'faults' I've seen people complain about are ridiculous - desperately trying to elevate minor nitpicks and pretend they're a bigger deal than they actually are.
>>
>>377644315
He probably left. He knows he got BTFO.
>>
>>377643446
>got BTFO
>w-wrong!
Unless there is a secret grove of autumnal trees somewhere it is Akkala
>>
File: 1495046130036.jpg (44KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1495046130036.jpg
44KB, 500x499px
>>377644597
see
>>377637637
>>
>>377644727
So it's somewhere I haven't found yet?
>>
>>377644727
Seems like no one can find your mythical trees.
>>
>>377644727
You're full of shit.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (659KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
659KB, 1280x1440px
>>377635996
SDT?
>>
The world was fine, it's the garbage shrines and worthless divine beasts that are the odd ones out. They feel like they were made completely separate from the rest of the game and don't follow any of the design philosophy the world carries.
FIRE THAT FAG AONUMA ALREADY JESUS FUCK, LET HIM MAKE HIS GAY DOLLS WHILE BEGGING FOR MONEY ON THE STREETS
>>
>>377644879
>>377644885
>>377644785
that awkward moment when the guy whose played more then you tells you your games map is boring
>>
>>377645756
yeah l'm sure they're going to fire him now that the series is back as a mainstream juggernaut under his guidance

fucking hell why are zelda fans such autists
>>
>>377645357
try it out
>>
>>377608401
>Was a gigantic open world where you could go everywhere and do everything in whatever order you like a good idea or a mistake?

I dunno OP, seems like Nintendo made a game which has become a MASSIVE cultural phenomenon - with people excitedly sharing their individual experiences, adventures and secrets with each other - successfully helped to launch their new console and even outsold the fucking system itself (which is insane).

Seems like they did something right.
>>
The open world and exploration were really nice ideas and they worked out okay in the end.
It did need some fleshing out though. Larger variety of equipment, more "dungeons" to explore other than puzzle shrines, etc.

I hope they take what they learned here and improve upon it for later games and we hopefully don't get a long period of stagnation where sequels try to outright copy it with incredibly minor variations.
>>
>>377646018
And yet you will never post the answer because you know you got BTFO and everyone in this thread is laughing at you Fucking sad really.
>>
>>377646074
>under his guidance
Zelda has been rotting since OoT and this game that relies on RPG mechanics and an open world (completely flying in the face of the last bunch of Zelda games, to the point that Skyward Sword's world AND combat was 100% puzzle based) is suddenly sold out literally everywhere, even selling out on the dead Wii U.
Yeah, it's Aonuma who's responsible, the guy who enjoys cutting grass, talking to NPCs and dies to Octoroks in Zelda 1 because they're too difficult to predict.
Get out of here with your retardation
>>
>>377646353
>already pointed out where its not, and which ones are close
already been over this
>>
>>377646382
>aonuma is responsible for everything bad in zelda and has nothing to do with the good parts!!
see? complete fucking sperg
>>
>>377646651
Give up already. Nobody is fooled. You'll keep riding the denial train until the thread maxes out. If you could actually prove everyone wrong you would have played your hand by now. Don't ever play poker you silly child. Now skulk away knowing you got fucking REKT.
>>
>>377640996

yet they practically drowned BotW in it.
>>
File: 1404745349181.jpg (29KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
1404745349181.jpg
29KB, 500x490px
>>377639631

>mfw Lanayru Promenade

I absolutely adore ruined areas like this. It's a lot of fun just trying to imagine how awesome places like it must have looked before everything got fucked.

Also I think my favourite environment are the badlands north of the great forest. The deep brown rock and dark green grass looks so nice together. Too bad you've got the giant, eerie shadow veil over the weird-ass ruins there.
>>
>>377647121
Everything in the game is optional. You're not forced to do anything.
>>
File: unsold in the wild.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
unsold in the wild.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
>>377646382
>suddenly sold out literally everywhere

sold out to retailers who bought stock that wont sell to consumers who wont buy it?
>>
>>377646980
lol
>>
>>377624741
/pol/, is that you?
>>
my gamestop has like 4 switches on display, whats the big deal? isnt this shit supposed to be sold out everywhere? theyve been there for like 2 weeks
>>
>>377642473
Source?
>>
>>377647716
>my mom told me the switch was for babbies!
epic circumstancial evidence bro, have an upvote
>>
Why do so many people birch about the lack of story when it was said there would be less focus from the very beginning? Are people that spoiled from the "good" stories of TO and SS?
>>
>>377648543
They need something to bitch about. If they can't bitch about the story, they'll be bitching about the OST instead.
>>
File: 2017-05-22_011620.png (42KB, 427x156px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-22_011620.png
42KB, 427x156px
>>377641469
This is God's gift to humanity.
>>
>>377648671
Like they complain about the lack of development for champions. Well, they're fucking dead by the games design.
>>
>>377644467
This.
>>
Nintendo pulls a Majora's Mask and makes the next zelda game with same engine as BotW and resuing a lot of assets, but make the game besides that a lot different. Y/N?
>>
File: 62720785_p0.png (371KB, 1000x1444px) Image search: [Google]
62720785_p0.png
371KB, 1000x1444px
>>377648965
pretty much the zelda cycle in action

TP/SS "Wah too much cut scenes!"

>BOTW significantly reduces manditory story, but still gives quite a bit of story in the form of interacting with NPCs and seeking out memories voluntarily

"Wah not enough story!"
>>
>>377649270
Yes. I wouldn't expect them to do it any other way anyway.
>>
>>377649290
People also complain that the memories don't matter because they happened in the past.

Just because something happened in the past doesn't necessarily hamper its impact. The memories explained Zelda and her development and relationship with Link. People have gotten spoiled by linear stories in Zelda. The "character development" was never amazing in Zelda anyway, often being cliche.
>>
>final boss is a target shooting game
>not capitalizing on the fact that he turns into a giant beast and letting you utilize the climbing skills you've used the whole game
>not a cool design based on the purple corruption like the kind you saw on Naydra
>instead it's something that was a fucking MINIGAME in previous games
Biggest disappointment of the game desu.
>>
>>377649903
One of the few actual objective flaws in the game was the final boss.
>>
>>377648953
how do you do that?
>>
File: 62604789_p0.jpg (1MB, 1780x2187px) Image search: [Google]
62604789_p0.jpg
1MB, 1780x2187px
>>377650248
Magic called extensions.
>>
>>377625202
Apparently that's a case with some reviewers. Because apparently if you can't experience a story in linear fashion there's no impact and doesn't matter.
>>
>>377649903

>main attack is a fuckoff huge laser beam that will never hit you, but tears through the terrain
>unfortunately it doesn't actually tear through the terrain

I keep imagining ways in which Dark Beast would have been an awesome boss fight. Like if the laser kept destroying Hyrule Field, turning it into a progressively worse mess that you'd have to navigate for each phase.

Also I miss Ganon characterization
>>
>>377634551
>That one NPC who thinks you're trying to commit suicide off a bridge and tries to talk you out of it
Okay I thought I've explored the entire map, but apparently I haven't. Where do I find this NPC that thinks you're about to kill yourself?
>>
>>377651257
I don't think making ganon a mindless beast is an inherently bad thing, they just did nothing with it. With a lot of build up they really needed his fight to be an epic ordeal that does justice to the danger he supposedly poses to the world.
I get the impression the last part of the game was super rushed, which is why I really hope they don't try to go with the same kind of large open world formula for future games. After MGSV, FFXV and now this, it just doesn't seem to be a formula of game-making conducive to well-polished, solid games, but rather, sloppy ones.
>>
File: angrycop.png (121KB, 224x238px) Image search: [Google]
angrycop.png
121KB, 224x238px
>>377624741
I'm not sure if this is 10/10 bait or 1/10 philosophy.
>>
File: 62849799_p0.jpg (3MB, 1630x2592px) Image search: [Google]
62849799_p0.jpg
3MB, 1630x2592px
>>
>>377646109
Oh I know it...
Far too well.
Thread posts: 367
Thread images: 74

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.