[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>DLC is better then the main game Why is this allowed? And

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: Tw3_expansion_pack_hos.jpg (253KB, 1252x704px) Image search: [Google]
Tw3_expansion_pack_hos.jpg
253KB, 1252x704px
>DLC is better then the main game
Why is this allowed? And when did this become a thing?
I remember DLC making the base game better, but this one just shits all over the base game.
>better characters
>better story
>better enemies
>better bossfights
>better sidequests(that reward exploring on your own, as opposed to just following the markers)
>best girl
>>
>>377607790
and last but not least:
>best girl
>>
then why does the base game have a better meta score?

checkmate
>>
>better
How the fuck is it better?
It's short as fuck and is a side quest material which it is.
>>
Hearts of Stone was boring as fuck. The wine expansion was pretty good though.
>>
>>377607790
Vlad is utter shit and ruined the dlc for me. The ship crashing on shore segment was nice though.
>>
Because the DLC is made after the devs know what people liked/disliked from the base game and is made with that in mind. Did you really need that spelled out for you, or are you just shitposting?
>>
>>377607790

by Lebioda what heresy is this ?
>>
>>377607790
people overrate this DLC so much. It's very short and has more set pieces and boss fights than the main game, that's why I guess. But the writing wasn't really that good and was ill fitting for the franchise ,the wedding was neat though.
>>377608186
main quest/story was pure shit in Witcher 3,it was below Bioware tier, I'm still mad. And only a few side quests were good.
>>
File: 1484908025864.gif (371KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1484908025864.gif
371KB, 400x300px
>>377607790
> Buy the game of the year edition
> DLC isn't DLC anymore but a optional mainline of its own.
>>
>>377608186
Side-quests in the main game were better than the quest for "My little albino lesbian that everyone wants to fuck or kill" and some cartoon villain.
>>
>>377607790
And this is bad how?

I remember DLCs not being a fucking thing and us getting proper fucking expansion packs.

Christ OP I have to thank you because if there's only one fucking thing constant in life is that OP is always a faggot and you're a cock sucking champ.
>>
>>377607790
Get fucked retard, it's like three quests long.
>>
>>377608186
how about reading the OP for change?
>>377608264
>boring as fuck
I think you mean the main story of the game. The dragged out "where's my ciri" story ending in "now lets fight back everyone!". The very first quest in HoS is already better than anything the main game offers.
>>
Because you can concetrate your efforts on a small project and make it filled with things since you can't have that much focus on the base game seeing how it's an open world and is spread pretty thin

It's the same principal as GZ being better than TPP
>>
Forgetting something? And this is from 2007, so it's not a ''new'' thing. Also, mask of the betrayer for NWN2. And that's like 2005.

Sometimes expansions just strike gold.
>>
>>377607790
Hearts of Stone's main story is great, but most of the content added was pretty minimal and it had hardly any sidequests. On the flip side, blood and wines main story was garbage but it added actual significant content and sidequests to the game
>>
Because they learned what worked and what didn't from players' feedback of the main game. It's still not a perfect game but you can definitely tell that they had a better idea of what people like in the game, what people wanted to be in the game and simply added more of those things. That's how we ended up with better enemies, better quests, etc.
>>
>>377608186
This, it's an awesome little quest line but that's all it is at the end of the day.
>>
>>377607790
That's called good DLC, why shouldn't it be allowed?

I imagine some of the reason is they simply better understand their own game at that point and they have more time and freedom to polish it just the way the way they want it.
>>
>>377608484
Yes, the base game is shit too. Blood and Wine tightened up the witcher story, had a tolerable and decently paced main quest with likable characters, no ciri and a world that didn't seem big for the sake of it.
>>
File: ringed city.jpg (140KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
ringed city.jpg
140KB, 2048x1152px
>>377607790
>its okay if from does it
it really is
>>
I don't understandt he mainstream popularity of The Witcher III.
People who have never read the books. Have never played the previous instalments of the series. Still dove head first into The Witcher III.
>>
>>377608670
It's a really good game
>>
>>377608852
This.
>>
>>377608670

>easy and fun gameplay (which even a chimp like DSP would be able to pull off)
>good art design with a huge world
>decent story with memorable characters
>chance to bang nearly every good looking woman that has a conversation with you

this game is just good, no big trick behind it
>>
>>377608930
>chance to bang nearly every good looking woman that has a conversation with you

This is false
>>
>>377608506
>>
>>377608670

the books are garbage but the first game is definitely a must-play
>>
>>377608381
What are good side quests though,because there were obviously parts of the main quest which were skipable.

I suppose the one with Yennefer and the Djin is pretty good, and the In the Heart of the Woods, is pretty good. But seriosly this game was pretty weak. The best thing about it was the open world, and not the game mechanics of the open world just visually.
>>
>>377607790
The only thing HoS has going for it is it's length
>>
>>377608930
>(which even a chimp like DSP would be able to pull off)
DSP's entire playthrough is characterised by him loving the game but shitting on the combat mercilessly.
>>
>>377608930
Now thats a lie. I agree with everything else, but some anon surely has the image of eternal blueballery, that proves otherwise.

>>377609115
This too.
>>
File: top_gun.jpg (11KB, 176x187px) Image search: [Google]
top_gun.jpg
11KB, 176x187px
>>377608657
>DUDE, CYCLES, LMAO XD
>DUDE, REMEMBER EARTHEN PEAK?
>DUDE, AN EGG, SO DEEP XD
Is there anything worse than soulstards?
>>
>>377609269
This post was lazy. You should explain why you didn't like that DLC, it might lead to a productive conversation.
>>
Duchess was best girl
>>
>>377607790
What good sidequests did the HoS add? I honestly only remember a few black board quests which pretty much played like quests in the base game.
>>
>>377608963
>>377609165

sorry i exaggerate a bit

>>377609165

DSP's whole life is characterized by shitting him on """""""bad"""""""" gameplay
>>
>>377608506
>>377608994
those are expansions
>>
>>377609684
DLC replaced expansions and its the same concept nowadays
>>
I enjoyed HoS, but I'll never understand people claiming it's better than the base game. Blood and Wine was arguably on par with it, but I like vampire shit so I got a lot out of that.
>>
>>377609778
i fucking hate this generation
>>
>>377609521
Nevermind, looked it up.

Literally half tje "side quests" are hidden treasure, aka shit, and about 80% of the other sidequests don't need exploration at all, but get thrown in your face.
Tje last nits of quests remain are nozhing special at all.

I loke HoS, but boy, acting like it had awesome sidequests sure is a stretch.
>>
>>377608852
>>377608930
And the third entry in a series. That makes constant references to the previous ones.
>>
>>377609836
At least our generation went to school, you illiterate fuck.
>>
>>377610280
>Tje last nits of quests remain are nozhing special at all.
Easy now. One letter at a time.
And no, the sidequests are better made. Like the one in which you find the friend of the halfling.
When when you simply follow the quest leads/witcher senses, after talking to the old couple, it sends you right back to the halfling ending the quest.
But when you explore on your own, without witcher senses guiding you, you'll find out what really happend. Then you're left with a choice. And the correct choice can only be certain, after finding another piece of information through exploration on your own, in another location.
>>
File: smug frog.png (468KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
smug frog.png
468KB, 1024x1024px
>>377608506

Shivering Isles is so extremely overrated.

Bloodmoon will always be the best expansion.
>>
>>377611307
Yup. It was all console kiddies who played it on 360 trying to virtue signal that they were part of the TES old guard when anyone with a brain can tell Oblivion was their first game in the series and it was experienced on a console to boot.
>>
>>377611075
What's that quest called?
>>
>>377607790
> DLC comes out after the main game
> expect it to be worse

a good developer learns over time and listens to criticism to improve their product, you idiot

now kys
>>
>>377609348
>explicitly tell her and her bald guard guy that her sister wanted her dead
>"lol fuck off geralt, hug me shyanna"
>guards step aside
>she gets killed

fuck that dumb bitch
>>
>>377611602
I dont remember. Something about someone missing I presume.
>>
>>377607790
> when did this become a thing?
It always was, from the beginning of games having additional content. making a game and content for it costs a lot of time and effort, making an expansion for a finished game is much easier, and the devs also have become better at it through making the main game.

And then came the advent of DLC, which was low effort nickel and diming, so if you never had an expansion pack I can understand you confusion.
But, clearly, CDPR remembers expansions, which is why they distinctly called HoS and BaW expansions, not DLC.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.