[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come Metal Gear Rising was the most fun platinum game ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: header.jpg (46KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
46KB, 460x215px
How come Metal Gear Rising was the most fun platinum game ever made?
Almost all Platinum games are great but this one just has something that i can't really describe.
>>
>>377592084
They nailed the feel of doing a Zandatsu.
Not only is it satisfying as fuck, it also never gets old. Doing executions in Bayo just doesn't feel the same.
>>
>>377592084
Mauro, go to bed already.
>>
Fuck i need some webms about this game, planning on playing it again
>>
Because you body slam a mech multiple times you're weight as size.
>>
>>377592084
Ad much as i liked Rising.
I found Mad World and Bayonetta 2 to be way more fun.

Rising has way to many issues such as the inability to switch weapons wo coming to a complete halt.
Wonky camera from time to time.
And way to many break yur analog stick not to die moments.
>>
I just got done playing Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan.

I did not enjoy playing Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan.
>>
File: greyfox_159.png (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
greyfox_159.png
1MB, 1200x1200px
>>377592084
As much fun as it is, I could only get through it because of the Grey Fox skin. Jack's Edward Scissorhands look really let him down, he desrved better.
>>
W101, Bayo 1, and Vanquish are way more fun. MGR was pretty dull until Armstrong in all honesty.
>>
>>377592084
>How come Metal Gear Rising was the most fun platinum game ever made?
It has the best soundtrack.

That's the only difference.
>>
>>377592084
MGR is not that special.
However, it was at this point that they realized making you do all the awesome shit instead of just seeing it in cutscenes makes the game all the better.

Bayonetta has a ton of awesome shit happen but it's all cutscenes and it not only is sad, but it interrupts you heavily.
None of that in MGR.
You are in control while running up those fucking rockets, while slashing up that giant robot, etc.
>>
File: Okami1.jpg (55KB, 589x420px) Image search: [Google]
Okami1.jpg
55KB, 589x420px
It's bloody, fast-paced, and the boss fights are really dynamic.

I think Metal Gear Rising (and Bayonetta) shows that Platinum would probably be the best bet to make a Berserk game that is not only good, but faithful to the manga.

With that said, Omega Force can go fuck themselves.
>>
Its shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WiPVSLgdDA
>>
>>377592179
DEAD ON
>>
>>377593583
Fuck i really need anything berserk related to be released and not be mediocre.

Anything. JUST FUCKING ANYTHING
>>
>>377592084
3 words my friend: RULES OF NATURE
>>
File: optimus2024.jpg (411KB, 850x1314px) Image search: [Google]
optimus2024.jpg
411KB, 850x1314px
>>377593171
I didn't enjoy Korra or Dveastation either, I wish they'd done only one(any of them) and given that a proper game.
>>377593661
DIAF
>>
>>377592084
>How come Metal Gear Rising was the most fun platinum game ever made?
Because it was so short.
The ride never let up and it wasn't padded with tons of random mooks trying to kill you like their other games. The kind of gameplay Platinum does is almost always the most fun against bosses and having a short game with many bosses is a hell of a lot better than something like Bayonetta that has 50 random encounters for every boss.
>>
Memes
>>
>>377593661
>posting e-celeb as proof
kys
>>
>>377593925
>>377593425
these
it's hype: the vidya
>>
It was the memes it spawned
>>
>>377593469
All of this is in sync with the soundtrack too.
I was so fucking sick of soundtracks just being
>quiet when not fighting enemy
>oh theres an enemy within x metres of you DUNDUNDUNDUNDUN BWAAAARP

The soundtrack timing in this game was probably the most impressive thing in it.
>>
>>377592084
Chopping up giant robots and riding on missiles while Rules of Nature playing.
>>
File: 1445786588502.jpg (21KB, 399x295px) Image search: [Google]
1445786588502.jpg
21KB, 399x295px
>>377594782
>>377597440
>>
File: 46.png (1MB, 784x956px) Image search: [Google]
46.png
1MB, 784x956px
Best platinum bosses, prove me wrong.
>>
>>377597560
It's the only truly exceptional thing Platinum does.

They should license that technology so it can appear in more games.
>>
>>377592084
MGR is proof form over substance is good in video games
>>
File: 1466702092405.jpg (266KB, 960x725px) Image search: [Google]
1466702092405.jpg
266KB, 960x725px
>>377594782
>>377597440
this
>>
>>377592084

Because Kojima oversight.

It's telling that the most fun Platinum games are the ones that the creator of the studio (Kamiya) had no hand in. Just like DMC3 is vastly better than DMC1.
>>
AND IT WILL COME
>>
I really don't want to sound condecending here, but the reason why MGR is so good is because it's insanely satisfying even if you're not very good at these types of games.

Platinum basically managed to take the feeling of being good at DMC/Bayonetta and make it more accessible to a larger audience. And when I say "larger audience" I don't mean everyone, just more people than a select few willing to Invest hundreds of hours into mastering a game like DMC. MGR does an excellent job of handling set pieces and hype moments with stuff like music, and it blends that into the gameplay. The combat is fun, but also fairly easy to wrap your head around, so unlike something like Bayonetta people don't feel overwhelmed by all the moves and different mechanics. Despite this the game can also offer a fair challenge if you so choose, Very Hard Armstrong even had me tearing my hair out on a Vanilla run.

Again, I don't think this is a bad thing; Platinum took a genre that a lot of people feel isn't worth the effort and packaged it so it could be more easily enjoyed. DmC tried the same thing, but sadly went full retard with stuff like color coded enemies.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.