[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this shit worth getting? It's on sale right now for $5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

File: 1.jpg (165KB, 800x929px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
165KB, 800x929px
Is this shit worth getting?
It's on sale right now for $5
Some people say that it gets boring towards the end
>>
>>377588947

Do you like pressing a button to watch something AWESOME happen?
>>
bought the goty for about 5 bucks. Worth, but lacks a hard mode.
>>
>>377588947
the ending is complete shit, but the nemesis system makes for some fun midgame shenanigans.

If you're already bored with asscreed and batman gameplay, don't buy it. It's a well crafted game, but extremely derivative.
>>
>>377589037
well i don't mind it in AC or batman games
>>
>>377588947
to start you off get killed 10 times

if you grind even a little you become too strong
>>
>>377588947
5 dollaroos is nothing. Buy it you cheapskate. Its worth about 20 bucks so you have a good deal right there
>>
>>377589252
>5 dollaroos is nothing
calm down Rockefeller
>>
>>377589252
Kek
>>
It gets repetitive really fast, and the fact that several outlets choose this as their GOTY shows how shit 2014 was.
>>
>>377588947
it's impossible to die unless you are retarded
nemesis doesn't even work if you never die
>>
>>377589881
Yes it does you just go to one of the towers
>>
>>377588947
5$ bucks? Absolutely. The game is pretty decent. Satisfying combat due to the slick animations.

If you're not a poorfag, pick it up.
>>
It's fun, basically Assassin's Creed without some of the bullshit and the Nemesis system.
Well worth getting so cheap, just don't expect the amazing game the press hyped it up to be.
>>
Sure its pretty good, it has Ass Cree combat but not as shit, you cant mash counter and win, counters can whiff and leave you open if you mash it so you actually have to look at the screen at least, the focus in this isnt the combat with the generic mobs its their leaders and the boss type enemies that are where the game shines, I was put off at first because I thought the combat against the generic mooks was all the game would be, it is a crowd control game, the leaders are where the real fights are. The mobs are basically just obstacles that make achieving objectives a more arduous task, their purpose is to hinder you and get in your way during objectives.

Had no interest at all till I played it recently, now Im interested in the sequel.
>>
>>377593129
>you actually have to look at the screen at least

but that's wrong
>>
I couldn't play it due to low FOV
>>
>>377588947
most of these fags probably haven't played it.
in the beginning of the game you are quite underpowered and will get rekt by too many uruks and generals around, late game it's god mode and you can literally have unlimited slow time, enders and rek anything.
the nemesis system is fun to mess around with and that is the main way you make yourself super powerful, by letting a tough captain kill you until he is powered up, then kill him for the weapon rune.
>>
5 bucks is nothing but I'm telling you I gave it two chances and both times I stopped playing about 2 hours in. It's just so boring.
>>
>>377593572
>>in the beginning of the game you are quite underpowered and will get rekt by too many uruks and generals around
i played for 10 hours and didn't die once
>>
>>377593572
>in the beginning of the game you are quite underpowered and will get rekt by too many uruks and generals around

>being so shit you die in a baby game
>>
>>377588947
I got it for 5 euro and got 21 hours out if it. I think it's worth it.

>>377593470
Check PCGamingWiki for a fix, first thing I notice a game has low fov I check the site, and there's usually something to fix it.
>>
>>377593658
>>377593786
You guys missed the fun. I kept dying just level up all the captains and warlords. Otherwise they just feel too fucking retarded
>>
>>377594219
Yeah sure, you did it on purpose. It's fine to admit you got rekt by the game anon, the fucking spearthrowers always caught me offguard and then immediately fucked me again once I got my second wind or whatever it's called
>>
>>377588947
>buying this game for 5 bux
>when you could get it for free off of mega
>>
>>377594379
>pirating it when you could pirate the hobbit flicks instead then watch them with a controller in your hand and have the same experience
>>
It was good. You can see that they're just experimenting what works rather than actually making a great game. Nemesis system is a system that every games should have and this game prove it.

It's essentially Bam Ham but with Nemesis. I really enjoyed it despite once you got to the second are, the game started to lose its steam.
>>
>>377594445

>wasting bandwidth and storage space when you could go to LOTRfanfiction.net and get 1:1 experience reading the top entries
>>
>>377594559
fanfiction.net has shit graphics though
>>
>>377588947
Yeah 5 bucks is nothing, go for it
>>377589157
>he ending is complete shit, but the nemesis system makes for some fun midgame shenanigans

As this anon said, midgame is actually pretty fun, and taking out those captains can be a blast

The game becomes piss easy towards the end though
>>
>>377594774
The ability to control enemies is a mistake, lads. There's no reason to play after controlling everyone.
>>
>>377593658
>>377593786
obviously didn't go into the big uruk strongholds with no powers then. when you have 30-40 uruks and 6+ high level generals around you, you get rekt. late game you have your bow and powers which kill everything. in the beginning you don't even have executions
>>
>>377588947
its okay but you have to literally sit on on top of one of the towers and advance time a million fucking times to make the uruks strong enough to not be mindless cannon fodder. nemesis was the only redeeming factor of this otherwise incessant slogfest that only served to exemplify the systemic flaws of open world video games. the sequel will be even more creatively bankrupt because they're going full cash shop complete with loot boxes.
>>
>>377589162
Then you'll probably like shadow of mordor
>>
For 5 dollareedoos it's probably worth it I guess
Combat is shallow as fuck but the nemesis system is pretty interesting
It also includes some pretty horrible lore rape which the sequel is looking to take even further
>>
It's pretty much an Ass Creed and a Rocksteady Batman game set in Middle Earth.
The orc nemesis system is probably its most redeeming quality.
Has one of the worst endings I've ever seen in a video game though.
>>
>>377588947
I'd get this game if the design weren't so shit and it even half-fit into the lore. They should have set it in Angmar or something not Mordor, maybe even Harad.
>>
File: 1490754928267.jpg (78KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1490754928267.jpg
78KB, 1024x576px
Kek gonna post this every time.

The combat is garbage. This nigga had to make a 2nd video because people kept telling him the combat won't be braindead later in the game, multiple keks.
>>
>>377596639
Shit forgot
https://youtu.be/6AV9W2ZdmjU
>>
File: 1489724030545.jpg (6KB, 221x250px) Image search: [Google]
1489724030545.jpg
6KB, 221x250px
>>377596709
>fully levelled up, full powers and power bar
>>
File: 1443317739637.png (208KB, 426x306px) Image search: [Google]
1443317739637.png
208KB, 426x306px
>>377596639
Its a crowd control game, note that hes fighting what equates to standard zombies in Left 4 Dead, theyre nothing in small numbers, and solo they arent even a blip on the radar, its when theres 50 of them and there is a boss running around too is when its a game.
>>
>>377588947
the Orc tamagotchi aspect is honestly the only thing it has going for it.
the map isn't fun to explore, you're constantly blasted with arbitrary optional fetch quests and the story is a bland tapeworm of an experience

so it is up to you to decide if it's worth five bucks
>>
>>377596860
Did you not read the post?

He had to make a 2nd video of his progress later became people meme'd the game gets harder. Go search up his first review of him at the beginning. He was still spamming the jump roll
>>
>>377588947
Where is it currently on sale?
>>
>>377588947
The best part of the game is brainwashing orcs

You have to wait for 1/2 the game to get that ability

The new one's in a few months, wait it out
>>
File: 1489719875817.jpg (130KB, 960x934px) Image search: [Google]
1489719875817.jpg
130KB, 960x934px
>>377598184
>He had to make a 2nd video of his progress later became people meme'd the game gets harder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LLIQHs2RYE
vid in his description

>fully levelled power bar and all abilities again

beginning of the game is not as easy as he made it out. late game is god mode. iirc you can get a 5x combo and instantly execute infinity until you run out of power, go into bow slow down, shadow strike and refill your power bar completely, rinse and repeat.
beginning of the game you have nothing but strike, counter roll, like banham.
you go into a massive uruk stronghold and get surrounded, you get rekt
>>
>>377588947
I was really confused with this game: from the very first minutes I was taking on commander after commander so i've seen no point in acquiring powers or doing anything for that matter.
>>
>>377595676
Those fucking things pissed me off to no end with every enemy around prompting "i'm so cool" cutscene. Was there a way to turn this shit off?
>>
>>377598889
>stronghold and get surrounded, you get rekt

Not him but this is wrong.

Despite their being mobs in the game only 2 at most will hit you at the same time. It's just like Ryse and you can spam the jump roll without timings so you essentially invulnerable.
>>
>>377594445
but the Hobbit is literally worse than Shadow of Mordor
>>
File: ryan gosling reaction image.jpg (66KB, 219x352px) Image search: [Google]
ryan gosling reaction image.jpg
66KB, 219x352px
>>377597692
>enemies attack one at a time
>crowd control game
>>
End game was retarded
>throw three throwing knives
>combo meter says 7
>do two combo finishers
>throw two more throwing knives
>get another combo
>do two combo finishers
>repeat until everything is dead or controlled by you
>>
>>377599357

it's retarded, but it's not the soulless retardation of som
>>
>>377598613
bundlestars
>>
Try playing through without most of the upgrades and turn off the combat prompts.

Game is a lot more fun like that imo.
>>
>>377588947
gameplay of Assassins Creed and Batman Arkham series combined, fused together with the Lord of the Rings license
only "original" thing is the mindcontrol of orcs (which I currently reliazed is somehow similar to catching Pokemon)
one side says it's shit, the other said says it's ok or even great
haven't played it for myself, but for me it looks mediocre and without the LOTR license, noone would actually give a damn fuck about it

also, the mainchar is kinda a combination between Aragon and Legolas
>>
>>377599807
>which I currently reliazed is somehow similar to catching Pokemon

I wanna be the very best
Like no one ever was
To brand them is my real test
To promote them is my cause

I will travel across the land
Searching far and wide
Each filthy orc to understand
The power that's inside

Filthy orcs, gotta brand 'em all
Its you and me
I know it's my destiny
Filthy orc, oh, you're my best friend
In a world we must defend
Filthy orc, gotta catch 'em all
A heart so true
Our courage will pull us through

You slay me and I'll brand you
Filthy orc gotta catch 'em all
Gotta catch 'em all
Yeah
>>
>>377600184
shit

You slay me and I'll brand you
Filthy orc gotta brand 'em all
Gotta brand 'em all
Yea

My bad
>>
>>377599373
>attacking captain
>50 enemies are biting at your heels
>if even a single attack hits you you cant do finishers
>finishers are about the only thing that does any real damage
>its best to at least whittle down their numbers during or before a fight with a captain so you dont have to keep trying to build up a combo again and waste time countering them when they attack
>the less enemies surrounding a captain the easier it is to focus on them when fighting
Again, think in regards to the combat against actual enemies, not the no marks. Note that Im not saying its hard.

>>377599660
It is, but this isnt really fair to judge the game. I like how Fable plays when you dont level up but I cant tell other people the game is good because of how I chose to play. Hopefully they at least expand on the nemesis system in the sequel.
>>
>>377600738
>50 enemies are biting at your heels

Yeah 50 where they take turns on who's hitting you, that's some real sense of danger.
>>
>>377600738
>>>50 enemies are biting at your heels
>>if even a single attack hits you you cant do finishers
>>finishers are about the only thing that does any real damage
>>its best to at least whittle down their numbers during or before a fight with a captain so you dont have to keep
can't you just force-choke all captains to death

I know some block stun, but I don't think any block force-choke
>>
>>377601092
Yea near the end of the game, where you can pretty much stomp anything with ease. The point where you are overpowered and are finishing the game and can just walk into a fortress and kill everything without even thinking about it. You dont get that command shit till like 2 missions from the last one though. The start and mid game is best because you arent a god at that point.

>>377600905
I never said it was hard anon, Im not even going to pretend this game is hard. Dont be one of those faggots that says a game needs to be difficult to be enjoyable. Also the "take turns" shit, it is literally every second, it is NOT like Assassins Creed where they stand there waiting to be killed one is ALWAYS going to start an attack when you are engaged,, they are easy to counter, but its the fact that it doesnt kill them and happens constantly is why you have to kill as many as you can as quickly and efficiently as possible in or out of combat. Lots of enemies around makes you waste time, that is not tied to difficulty it is about efficiency, wasting time countering and killing them as they come is hindering you from attacking the leader, which is the goal.
>>
>>377601867
I mean just holding the drain button at a distance
>>
How is the story? I played it a little bit when it was new but didn't get very far in the plot.

Also do those orc leader guys ever stop coming? Every time I killed one I remember another one would just take his place.
>>
>>377603536
The story is utter garbage and disjointed

And you can kill every captain, but they'll slowly be replaced
>>
>>377588947
for 5 bucks is a great game, if you look for a sandbox and want to make mordor your playground is great

if you want a great story with a great ending you'll get mad
>>
>>377603402
I know what youre talking about now but Im not sure if it was tied to quest progress or not, at least I remember not having it in the first map but maybe I just didnt choose to unlock it and unlocked something else.
>>
>>377603952
Is the story itself decent, aside of the ending?
>>
>>377588947
I played it for 2 hours before giving up and after the first hour I was pretty much forcing myself through it. One of the most repetitive games I have ever played.
>>
>>377604058
yes, the history is good, I really like it

is no about how bad the history is, is more about how bad the last boss fight suck, and that make you feel like the ending suck too
>>
>>377603985
draining's how you recharge elf-shot
I'm pretty sure it's available from the start

Draining eventually turns into branding
>>
>>377604068

Two hours is basically still the tutorial.

>>377588947

In case you haven't figured it out from the thread, yes, the game is worth it. I got about 40 hours out of it. It's not the best game but it's a good amalgamation of a bunch of other things, done decently enough and with a surprisingly high level of polish.

Understand going in that it's an abomination as far as LotR lore goes and the Nemesis system is still new and you'll have fun. The second game looks to be expanding on just about everything so it's a good primer to see if you're interested in that.
>>
>>377593347
I think the anon was making a joke? Pretty sure most people saw that review of the dude turning off the screen and just countering everything.
>>
>>377604334
Branding is what I was thinking of, I guess I never really used it I barely even remember how it works. I remember recharging by grappling but I dont remember the distance and charge time of the ranged one at all, should be noted that I never grinded for XP.
>>
>>377604630

If I remember correctly, he was jumping over enemies, not countering. In any case, he obviously wasn't making any real progress and there are measures that eventually make that unviable like shield orcs who must be jumped over rather than countered, ranged orcs who can hit you from far away, orcs which have different counter timing, etc.

That aside, killing the mobs of trash really has nothing to do with the point of the game. Playing that way against one of the chiefs will generally get you killed.
>>
>>377604703
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rwu7pq4vT0

Go to the 8 second mark

You can do that shit over and over and at a distance. It takes some time to do, but if there's no one but the captain around, it's pretty safe to spam
>>
>>377604892
Yea I remember now. I thought I was missing some attack where I could pop a captains head from across the map, you had to be quite close to use that as I recall, if the captain is alone its easy enough if you use this or anything else, its when they are surrounded by a fortress of enemies is the problem.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.