[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got ending E and I'm pretty disappointed. Combat is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 35

File: YoRHa_Type_A_No.2_SS2.png (1MB, 1229x691px) Image search: [Google]
YoRHa_Type_A_No.2_SS2.png
1MB, 1229x691px
Just got ending E and I'm pretty disappointed. Combat is not Platinum enough and story plus characters felt weaker than the first Nier.

My dissatisfaction needs to be quelled with a good game.

I've never played turn based RPGs but I've watched and enjoyed a few anime, will I enjoy Persona 5? That Christmas cake sensei character looks hot.

Interested in Nioh but is it worth full price?

Haven't played Witcher 3 too so watching out for any cheap used GOTY copy. The combat seems slow for me. Is it enjoyable enough to experience the story and dialogue.
>>
>>377587383
nice blog
>>
File: 1487993802482.jpg (37KB, 559x392px) Image search: [Google]
1487993802482.jpg
37KB, 559x392px
>playing a game with combat done by platinum that isn't named bayonetta
can only blame yourself, also nier in general is meme shit, it's notable for being different but is almost never worth actually playing yourself, better to just let someone else who suffered through it to give you pic related
>>
not even worth a real (You) OP
>>
Dont know what you expected.

Its a run of the mill platinum game with some taro sprinkled ontop

/v/ just loves it cause muh waifus, but we are on an anime board so deal with it I guess.

Also Nioh is pretty alright, Witcher 3 is worth any price.
>>
>>377587564
>Its a run of the mill platinum game
except not really
>>
>>377587564
>Witcher 3 is worth any price.
Nah, it worth a pirate
>>
>>377587614
Enlighten us, oh holy weeb
>>
>>377587730
oh look another "gaymer" who didnt actually play the game and calls it out on its artstyle
this game left me an emotional wreck by the true end
and you stop looking at the "waifus" when you start getting into the story about 3-4 hours in
>>
File: IMG_20170124_190216.jpg (30KB, 583x502px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170124_190216.jpg
30KB, 583x502px
>>377587564
I've only played two games by them. Vanquish and MGR. I enjoyed both but it's obvious making an open world hack and slash RPG spearheaded by Yoko Taro is a bad idea for them. It's not the run of the mill. I'd say it might be one of their worse ideas. I mean 90% of the side quests are fetch quests and they're all boring as fuck.

How similar to Soulsborne is Nioh? I just played both BB and DS3 back to back for a few months now and I wanna take a break from that kind of stuff.
>>
>>377588642
I wish this game left me like that, unfortunately the two main characters where beyond fucking annoying cliched anime trope tier garbo
>>
File: ZQmuu.jpg (45KB, 555x311px) Image search: [Google]
ZQmuu.jpg
45KB, 555x311px
>>377588642
What made you feel that way?

I played the first Nier and I remember feeling more attached to the characters in that game more. It was fun to watch the main gang interact with each other, to say the least. Also, first game's Desert King(Prince?) sacrifice almost made me cry.

I couldn't feel any attachment to the three main characters. I had no idea what 2B's motivations were. 9S just wants to fuck/kill 2B. A2 just wants to kill machines. The only characters I sympathised with were Pascal and the Pods. The pods probably have the biggest character development throughout the entire game.
>>
Is it cool to hate Nier now?

I like it better than Bayo, Bayo could benefit from having shooting section this good.

And for once, the story makes me think instead of pressing space bar.
>>
>>377589086
2B is a non-character object of interest for 9S, of course she's boring
>>
>>377589086
I dunno, maybe you should slow down and replay the game?
>>
>>377588760
Play Hollow Knight if you like metroidvania
>>
>Spam light attacks
>Spam heavy attacks
>Spam light attacks and end combo with heavy attack
>Spam attacks and swap weapons to spam some more
>All weapons share the same combo based on the type of weapon

Is that it? Am I missing something in the combat?
>>
>>377589307
Why melee at all? Just charge and shoot buddy.
>>
File: 1359742190639.gif (241KB, 350x186px) Image search: [Google]
1359742190639.gif
241KB, 350x186px
>>377589086
>9S just wants to fuck/kill 2B
Is that really how you only saw 9S?
>>
>>377588883
well good thing i dont watch anime
>>377589086
2b is emotionless because shes trying to distance herself from her target (9s) but she already has emotions towards him and slips up here and there
9s is too smart for his own good (he was the one who made yorha if you look at the concert script made by toro) and has to be killed every once in a while to forget all the info he finds out, its a romeo and Juliet story in a way
but i do agree, pod 042 is a total bro
>>
>>377589412
>already has emotions for him
Why? Because the plot doesn't work otherwise

Pure trash
>>
>>377589475
It would be a bad plot if you could replace it with anything while still working.
>>
File: 1485817020135.png (89KB, 261x238px) Image search: [Google]
1485817020135.png
89KB, 261x238px
>>377589272
I just beat the game thrice and loaded the final sections to unlock the the other two main endings. I didn't even rush through the game but fuck you if you thought I'd waste my time with boring as fuck fetch quests.

What the fuck could I have missed?

If you're gonna point out the whole existentialism theme of the game, don't need to. It's pretty fucking obvious and only an imbecile wouldn't get it.
>>
>>377589475
she was efficient at killing other androids, but she fell for 9s over time
androids arent meant to have feelings but their black boxes are made from machine cores, and machines evolved "feelings"
>>
>>377589606
only the first 2 side quests are fetch quests
the once for the trader and the shop keeper
the others all have a story of their own
except maybe fixing up that goliath that requires an item for you to fetch
>>
>>377589606
Time to reply it bruv.

>What the fuck could I have missed?
Considering your piss-poor tier analysis of the 3 main characters, I think you are definitely trying to obtuse yourself.
>>
>>377589606
>What the fuck could I have missed?
>YoRHa Betrayers Quest
>E-Unit Quest
>Emils Quest which if done allows you to continue the Keepsakes quest where it usually would end at the NPC
>21O and 6O Quest
>Couple Quest
I probably missed some more
>>
>>377589354
I've never read or went through any of the side materials. I just play the goddamn video game and that's pretty much what I gathered from it. Was there something I missed FROM THE GAME?
>>
>>377589914
yes
everything
did you come to nier from call of duty or something?
>>
>>377589352
Oh right. I can charge attacks and attacks after a dash are different. It's decent but I don't see why people beat off over the gameplay on /v/. 2B, A2, and the commander are good but that's it.
>>
File: IMG_20161207_100914.jpg (61KB, 690x358px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161207_100914.jpg
61KB, 690x358px
>>377589412
>9S made YorHa
>concert script

If I didn't read the concert script, is the only way I would've arrived at this conclusion is to think about why 9S stumbled upon the Bunker server while self hacking?
>>
>>377590089
Because it's good?

Its straight and flow intuitively, it also doesn't force you to chain combo to get good goy combos i.e. Bayonetta.

You can also play the game straight as 3rd person shooter too.
>>
>>377590103
probably
but if you are remotely interested in the plot you would dig deeper like me
not everything needs to be served to you on a silver plate
>>
>>377590103
>9S made YoRHa
He didn't create YoRHa only installed the backdoor.

>is the only way I would've arrived at this conclusion is to think about why 9S stumbled upon the Bunker server while self hacking?
Even after reading it I didn't make the connection actually and it doesn't really make sense since he has no recollection of his Prototype. I think it's just a coincidence that he found it.
>>
>>377590103
My first assumption after beating the game was that the machine life-forms made YorHa. Which I still think makes more sense.

Some of the side material really should've been in the game properly, especially more of 2B's stuff.
>>
File: IMG_-uamqmm.jpg (20KB, 573x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_-uamqmm.jpg
20KB, 573x405px
>>377589964
I came from the first Nier which I somewhat enjoyed despite having unsatisfying combat. I don't remember having to read through any side materials to understand the story and characters of that game.

I know I'm oversimplifying the characters but my point is that I'm never really given a good reason to sympathise with/relate to these characters. From a thematic perspective, it could be brilliant due to the whole existentialism/robot with emotions/endless loop of death themes. Which is why I would agree with anyone who says Nier is more of an art project disguised as a video game. Because it sucks as a video game.
>>
>>377590307
>My first assumption after beating the game was that the machine life-forms made YorHa.
How do you even come to this conclusion is beyond me, what's more frightening is that it's not just you. N2 never made an indication that it created YoRHa. The only thing N2 did was leave YoRHa and Androids alive because defeating them would rob them of their directive to destroy the enemy. N2 realized that the purpose of YoRHa was to pursue the same thing albeit for a different reason.
>>
>>377590396
Have you completed everything of the game?

Because you are missing, a lot.
>>
>>377590396
did you get ending E or did you stop at a or b
>>
>>377590396
>I don't remember having to read through any side materials to understand the story and characters of that game.
Neither do you need it for Automata. The side-story that was released only really expands on 2B a bit (and why she is so infatuated with 9S. Arguably the most important thing from the side-stories is the (Cruel) Oath that 9S swore together with 2B in Memory Thorn. But the general principle of what happens there doesn't change compared to what you could guess in the game already. Even the creation of YoRHa doesn't really add a lot to it. But I agree that the side-stories should have been definitely ingame in one way or another, especially post-Ending E material.
>>
>>377590178
>video game
>requires you to read side materials to truly enjoy the story
>not scrutinise over plot points in the game (which would show how ridden the plot of the game is with plot holes)
>"not everything needs to be served to you on a silver platter"
>>
>>377587383
Every day i see meme threads about Nier. Its because the pirates release?
>>
>>377590692
Please point out some plot holes.
>>
>>377590773
probably
altho these pirates sure seem like 12 year olds
>>
>>377590431
This is what I went on:
YorHa are made with machine life-form cores, so it seems like only the machine network would be able to reasonable propagate YorHa.

The machine life-forms needed an enemy because that was their base programming, but the androids had no reason to fight without humanity. So to maintain their reason for existence, they needed to cheer the androids up and create a plausible Council of Humans and their agents, so that the machines could keep having an enemy.

I figured that the backdoor was their insurance to make sure that the machine life-forms could always prevail against the enemy they created.

Then the reason that N2 destroys YorHa is because after all of the shenanigans that happen in the game, the machines have evolved beyond the need for an enemy at that point.

So I know all of this is wrong now, but the real explanation involves characters that aren't mentioned at all in the game, makes the production of YorHa units very complicated and confusing, and put a lot more importance on the moon server than the impression I got from the game.
>>
>>377590832
Pirate here, I fucking love the game.

What you are experiencing is the blowback contrarianism, happens with Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>377590516
Define everything. Collect all weapons? Fish at all fishing spots? Complete all side quests?

Because if this falls into the argument of "you have to do all the side shit in the game to truly enjoy it" then I'm not gonna fucking bother because the core gameplay is simply lacking.
>>
>>377590870
im a pirate as well
buying this game first chance i get so that i can get ending E
>>
>>377587730
back to /b/
>>
>>377590862
>YorHa are made with machine life-form cores, so it seems like only the machine network would be able to reasonable propagate YorHa.
You only think so because you missed Intel and the explanation why Machine Cores were used in the first place.

> but the real explanation involves characters that aren't mentioned at all in the game
The real characters are irrelevant actually, it only explains by who and why YoRHa are created, it serves more as a character expansion of 9S than anything.
>>
>>377590881
Uh, just for starter, you have to collect all weapons and upgrade them all to get the full weapon stories.

> then I'm not gonna fucking bother because the core gameplay is simply lacking.
Fine, no one forces ya, just don't say the game is lacking, you just refuse to play it.
>>
>>377589750
>"Hey there, my X needs materials A,B,C to help repair his shit."

Oh wow there's a story, definitely not a fetch quest.
>>
>>377590881
see >>377589839

>>377590993
Weapon stories are irrelevant besides the Virtous and Cruel series, the rest are just references to Nier/Drakengard or just the creation of said weapons (Type-40 and that other weapon)
>>
File: 1486103827361.png (583KB, 800x592px) Image search: [Google]
1486103827361.png
583KB, 800x592px
What were you expecting?
It's a waifu bait game where most of the dev time went into making characters, not levels, mechanics or interesting bosses.

It attracts the ironic weeb crowd.
>>
>>377590969
It's impossible to miss the intel, it's mandatory to beat the game. The in-game intel also contradicts the concert script. Zinnia was using machine cores before No. 9's plan to kill all of YorHa. That's what makes No. 9 go nuts.

And how are YorHa units supposed to propagate? No. 9 puts the blueprints on the moon server, but I never saw mention of sending machine cores to the moon. Furthermore, it seems like that would make it hard to keep a secret from the Commander or anyone else since nobody can manage this project.

The intel spells out the plan but not the purpose. I don't think I would've ever figured out that the actual purpose in itself is to cement the idea that humanity is alive from the game. I assumed that the reason for the deception was to keep the androids fighting, and the reason to keep the androids fighting was so the machine life-forms could have an enemy.
>>
>>377591067
Not an argument, since you do need to unlock them all in order to know what's relevant or not.
>>
File: photo.png (76KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
76KB, 250x251px
This is unrelated but, does anyone have any good webms with Metal Gear Rising gameplay?
>>
>>377591609
What's the point, for more shitpost?
>>
OP here, I'm convinced now that I should play the game one more time and get everything properly done so that I can truly get the idea of what's going on in the plot and what drives the characters.

Now I just gotta mentally prepare myself for all the bullshit I hated:
>combat is shallow
>hacking in the middle of a fight is fucking stupid
>no wait hacking as a whole is fucking stupid because it's not fun
>the combat becomes even more retarded when playing as 9S who can't combo like 2B and A2
>the bullet hell sections feel like a drag (personal thing since I'm not a fan but fuck you)
>>
File: timeline.png (377KB, 1578x2511px) Image search: [Google]
timeline.png
377KB, 1578x2511px
>>377591380
>It's impossible to miss the intel, it's mandatory to beat the game. The in-game intel also contradicts the concert script. Zinnia was using machine cores before No. 9's plan to kill all of YorHa. That's what makes No. 9 go nuts.
How does it contradict it? The intel merely states that Machine Cores are used for YoRHa Androids because it would be to cruel to use "Real AI" the same justification is also used by Zinnia with the difference that he realizes it's just bullshit.

>And how are YorHa units supposed to propagate? but I never saw mention of sending machine cores to the moon
Pic related, go to 11810

>it seems like that would make it hard to keep a secret from the Commander or anyone else since nobody can manage this project.
Commander is fully aware of everything except maybe for the part of everything blowing up and the backdoor. Also Pods are the key managers of YoRHa.

>The intel spells out the plan but not the purpose.
There's more than one Intel, the purpose of YoRHa is to keep the lie going that Humanity is actually alive and well on the moon.
>>
>>377591673
Nah, i remember seeing once one of the Jetstream dlc posted sometimes on Platinum threads.

trying to use it to convince a friend so he tries it
>>
>>377591721
>hacking in the middle of a fight is fucking stupid
Don't hack then? 9S has a heavy attack that you can use if you delay your attack after the first hit.
>>
>>377591721
You are just fucking bad at the game.
>the bullet hell sections feel like a drag (personal thing since I'm not a fan but fuck you)
Fuck you, bitch. I can't believe you get passed the first Nier but have problems with shmup in this game, where you can finish the whole game by holding fire.
>>
still better than MGR combat
>>
>>377591738
Not the guy you're replying to but what am I looking at here? A collection of all the Intel in the game?
>>
>>377591879
It's the timeline of the Strategy Guide Book. I'm not sure if someone made a collection of all Intel yet aside for wikis.
>>
>>377591808
>where you can finish the whole game by holding fire.

Not him but that's the fucking problem. Holding r1 and mashing square isn't fun. The sea boss was the worst offender, since you get transition cutscenes since it is so unengaging I stopped paying attention then would get 2-3 shot by bullets, starting the entire sequence over again
>>
>>377587383
I feel somewhat similar. Extremely overrated game.
>>
>>377592240
Well, it depends on what you think, because that's what shmup is about.

I actually like it because you can play the game entirely as a shooter.
>>
>>377591808
I don't have problems beating those parts, you fuckwad. Do you not understand what "drag" means in that context?

>you can finish the whole game by holding fire

Exactly my point, you fucking imbecile. How the fuck do you defend such braindead gameplay?
>>
>>377592457

No shmups require you to actually think and look at the screen and pay attention.
Also the pod skills are less satisfying than grimoire weiss anyway, he shot hefty bullets
>>
>>377592486
>I don't have problems beating those parts, you fuckwad. Do you not understand what "drag" means in that context?
I don't because even on very hard, the bosses and enemies aren't bullet spoonges.
>Exactly my point, you fucking imbecile. How the fuck do you defend such braindead gameplay?
Because it's not braindead, you still have to dodge, to aim like every shooter, especially on Hard/Very Hard.
>>
>>377592563
But you do in Nier too, in fact, I probably die the most from stray bullets.
>>
>finished drakengard
>finished Nier
>didn't even finish the first ending of tomato

it seemed like it'd be up my alley but I got to the part where a big crater appears in the first area and never continued
>>
>>377592678
Here comes the contrarian.
>>
>>377592678
What made you lose interest?
>>
>>377592563
i cleared all of nier 1 with just the dark lance though.
> he shot hefty bullets
pod can also do this by tapping fire
>>
>>377592881

WHAT. I'VE JUST FUCKING GOT ALL 26 ENDINGS AND THIS NEVER OCCURED TO ME
>>
>>377592881

That requires an upgraded pod though, and doesn't fix the problem, honestly it was the sound and width of the shots that made it feel good.

Level 2/3 laser is probably my favourite thing though.
holy shit missile is awful why does it exist
>>
>>377592751
I don't think i'm that contrarian, I thought drakengard was legitimately a bad game and nier was a 6/10 game with great visual design and music that carried it

>>377592784
one thing I dislike about the combat is that you're constantly spamming dodge rather than parrying like in rising. the whole combat system just seems so simplistic compared to other platinum games, but I suppose this should be looked at a taro game as well and the combat is leaps and bounds better than anything he worked on before

I also picked hard and I really hate one shot mechanics which the hard difficulty is chock-full of unless you get a lot of health chips. thinking that I might go normal when I go back to the game at some point
>>
So I'm really loving and hating this game at the same time. The game has some cool moments but certain design decisions really put me off. How much does it help to have played the first nier? I feel like I'm missing out on references and the whole experience feels a bit flat.

Great music though.
>>
Nier Automata's legitimately overrated.
>>
>>377593004
loved laser too especially after releasing fire
i liked missile with bomb upgrade but i mainly use it for scanner so there's that.
>>377593173
>the whole combat system just seems so simplistic compared to other platinum games
i guess you expected much coming from platinum. i personally liked it that way so as not to entirely feel like a platinum game. it still felt like an action rpg with the way combat worked.
>>
>>377593227
>How much does it help to have played the first nier?
you get to appreciate the game better.
>>
>>377593227
>How much does it help to have played the first nier?
You get a couple really nice callbacks to the first game and you aren't as put off by the genre switchups/perspective shifts
>>
>>377591721
There is nothing more going on with the characters in the game. I really doubt you missed any significant bit of plot if you got to ending E, and these people acting like 100% sidequests and intel completion are essential are trying to deflect any of your criticisms as if they are invalid.
>>
>>377589224
You have pretty shit taste if you compare bayonetta to this game
>>
>>377589224
>And for once, the story makes me think instead of pressing space bar.

You forgot some clap emojis.
>>
>>377587383
Original NieR is probably my game of the decade,
having said that, i do agree that Nier:automata was really underwhelming, it definitely have the weakest and blandest characters of all Yoko Taro game, the story are also subpar

I guess i'm just disappointed after hyping it for too long
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (28KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
28KB, 1280x720px
>>377593858
Don't worry, I don't plan on actually replaying. I've already put it up for sale to buy Nioh/P5/Witcher 3 GOTY instead.

I don't care how good the story is or how deep the characters are if the gameplay itself isn't enjoyable. It's the same reason why I can enjoy games like DMC and Vanquish. I had no reason and no need to care for the bad plots because the core gameplay was good.

And that is why I don't trust the opinions of anyone who considers Automata a masterpiece. Not because I think they're dumb but we prioritise different aspects. Most people care about a lot about every other shit aside from the gameplay, I care mainly about gameplay. Everything else is auxiliary.
>>
>>377593227
I really don't think Automata should be played without playing Nier.
The fact that you will experience
Going to Emils place under the shopping center the first time
ISN'T THAT RIGHT KAINE?!
Or when Devola Popola show up to help you and song of the ancients starts playing HOLY SHIT THAT PART

Without playing the first game makes me genuinely upset.
>>
>>377595219
Kaines Shack is nice but best part was when 9S went there to create a grave for 2B
>>
>>377589750
>a quest existing for a story makes it not a fetch quest
el oh el
>>
>>377595315
what if you haven't completed emil's memories by that point? does 9s make a memorial in a different place?
>>
>>377595458
Quest ends in the resistance camp.
>>
>>377594065
I feel the same about Nier and was disappointed by Automata but I still think it's an amazing game.
The cast overall is not in the same building as Nier but I still liked 9S and the pods quite a bit by the end.
>>
>>377591721
>shallow
Then what do you want? People always just scream shallow. Put the Bayo combat in a 30-40 hour "open world" rpg with enemies here and there and it won't be that great either
>>
Platinumdrones everytime. Did you also think that Star Fox would've Bayo combat
>>
>>377595553
A2 is the only character that i remotely care at the end of the game

i miss the bantz of nier
>>
>>377595495
that's a nice touch
just like how beating engels on the ground doesn't destroy the building near the landing site
>>
>>377595739
NieR had more clever bantz, Nier:A focuses more on despair and existential dread
>>
>>377591721
>shallow
nah kid. you're the one playing shallow by just mashing attack
>hacking
you could do more than exploding shit you know.
>fucking stupid fucking stupid
are you even old enough to post here?
>>
>>377595739
They missed an opportunity with the operators in AB and the pods in C. There's some but its not enough and they didn't do enough to establish the operators as characters.
The bits about 9S trying to get 2B to call him nines were pretty good i thought. Needed a whole lot more of that kind of stuff.
>>
A2 needed more playtime I understand they were already stretching their budget but I wish I could of played more as A2.
>>
>>377596141
>by just mashing attack
Oh you're right! I can also mash heavy attack and evade while I keep a finger on R1. So deep!

>hacking isn't only for damaging
You're missing the point. Hacking isn't fun and doing it in the middle of a fight disrupts flow. And there are definitely better ways to do exposition than hacking through a two stick shmup.
>>
>>377597081
Yeah, I was hoping the entire 3rd playthrough was going to be focused on her, but instead she's pretty much just there to supplement 9S's autism.
>>
>>377597654
I leterally smashed the buttons in the first Bayo years ago and completed it in the hardest difficulty. Using the dodge in the right moment was the key.
If you do that in Automata you probably gonna die at least in Hard. Feels the same shit in the DOAs.
>>
Wtf?
Automata is a fucking great game.
Ofc they use Wafius as bait but cmon sex sells and Waifus more.

Furthermore the story is really nice and afterwards you understand the story correctly.

Moreover for 60 bucks the game content and the length ist superb.

Yet 9S is the biggest beta ever and the hacking / minigame is retarded.
Without 9S and his " i am a beta hacker" the game would be 5x better.
>>
File: 1488064727156.jpg (59KB, 244x750px) Image search: [Google]
1488064727156.jpg
59KB, 244x750px
You can make the combat deep if you want.
In Bayonetta you just can smash the puch and kicks buttons to make visuals combos and feel good.
Cant do this in Nier:A. Just be creative.
Protip: Put Counter chip in the Pod to make the combat more like MGR.
>>
>>377599550
I like the hack thing.
You can one-shot little enemies with the hack if you want...but if you do too much it gets boring.
Last hacks are a challenge.
>>
>>377587383
>Combat is not Platinum enough
It is Platinum enough because it's shit
The only good combat from them were Vanquish and Bayonetta series, every other game is pretty much shit, but of course fanboys will eat that shit up any day
>>
>>377599550
I loved the game, but the combat was indeed very average at the most.

Or maybe I was missing something.
>>
>>377589307
Press dodge to instantly cancel any attack

Freeform combos the entire game. Most people on /v/ have no idea what they're talking about, Automata has the best combat mechanics platinum has ever programmed,+ more, all in one game.
>>
>>377599752
One of the hacking sequences toward the end made me drop the game before getting cde. Fucj that shit
>>
>>377600163
>Press dodge to instantly cancel any attack
>Freeform combos the entire game.
You have no idea what're you talking about if you think this is an example of good combat
>>
>>377588760
The combat in nioh is extremely similar to souls except you get different stances and a special bar
>>
>>377589086
>people have problems with this post
This is exactly what people were saying when the game was still in its first few weeks of launch, and it's a legit complaint. The characters in this game are so weak compared to NieR, the sidequest banter in the first completely outshines anything in NierA
>>
>>377600331
Sorry I'll just open my combo list for a few minutes so I can figure out a reply

Oh wait it looks like your post had 0 arguments. So I guess you're just wrong.
>>
>>377587383
People REALLY have rose-tinted glasses for NieR. I played it a few months ago, and then played Automata around when it released, and Automata is pretty much a straight upgrade. Seriously, go play NieR again (I know you probably don't want to considering how tedious it can be) and be enlightened.
>>
The SHMUP segments were boring and too easy.
>>
>>377589750
>only the first 2 side quests are fetch quests
Did we play the same game?

Devola/Popola has 2 quests that require you to fetch materials

What about the one at the resistance camp in the forest?

Getting materials for the animal medicine (forest)

Heritage of the past quest? (desert scanning)

Records of the past quest?

That is not even mentioning the bullshit quests go to B then back to A then back to B quests

For instance the bullshit where u gotta go to pascal then back to the camp then back to pascal with no fast travel? (And do it twice Because fuck you)

Jean Pauls Melancholy and many other quests had the same issue but it wasn't as bad with fast travel just lots of long loading screens.

I could keep going but I cant be bothered.
>>
>The good
2Ass
Character designs
Atmosphere
REALLY good music.

>The Bad
Shallow combat
Mediocre characterization
Bad pacing (Route A and B should've been the same allowing character switching or fighting bosses with both of them)
Poor enemy variety
Badly balanced Normal and Hard difficulties (one is braindead, the other is more frustrating than anything since you can't lock on).
Shitty dialog (9S going nuclear made me cringe hard).

Overall solid 6/10, but no way as good as /v/ hyped it up.
>>
>>377599550
>Nier: Automata is a great game, except the main character that you spend most of the time playing, he's shit
>>
>>377600551
Mad as fuck.
>>
>>377600735
I did Jean-Paul's Melancholy before unlocking fast travel. I felt like such an idiot.
>>
>>377600721
More like the gameplay was boring and easy.
>>
>>377591721
>hacking in the middle of a fight is stupid
well, i know where you coming from, it does break flow a bit if you not fast enough
>combat is shallow
>the combat becomes even more retarded when playing as 9S who can't combo like 2B and A2
>hurr durr game doesnt tell you combo keys, there is no "style" meter or combo streaks, and only two buttons to press for combos, well i guess its shallow then and nines even more since he got only one.

Game has deep combat, just like your beloved bayo or dmc, and has tools to do awesome stuff, but since you so bad at action games you wont see it, because game isnt about stylish combos this time. One thing that i can agree with is hacking, it was implemented to cheese your second playthrough to go through it faster, but turned out too op and they decided to put minigame into it so 9s wont be as cheesy compared to others, but as you noticed minigame made it too much of a hassle to take, it still op af but not in a fun way after 30 times through one quest (parade escort for example).
>>
It's a solid 7/10. Best part about it is the pervasive sense of meaninglessness. Not point to any of it until the final moments of ending E where you get the chance to create your own meaning. That was brilliant.
>>
>Really like the game
>Can't play it because it crashes randomly and since the game has the dumbest save feature, it's pretty unplayable
>>
>>377591808
That's the problem with the SHMUPs segments.
>>
also
>nier>automata
alright, pls put off your nostalgia goggles for a minute and go play original right now, after you played automata, you'll see how wrong you are.

Also dont forget to read side stuff about automata, concert memory cage\thorn, since you know his games
>>
>>377599964
>Bayonetta
yeah what a great game that was
there must be one mob battle for every 15 cut-scenes/30QTE, and don't forget those mini-games every two fucking steps

what a thrill
>>
File: 1473339130883.gif (386KB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
1473339130883.gif
386KB, 360x203px
>>377599752
The problem is that Nier:A an ARPG is.

You smash buttons, kill enemies and numbers with crits pop up and suddenly you stand quiet and do a Kikoho on an enemy, like "yeah it´s my special move".
The action goes from 100 to 0.

Hacking can be good but in combat situation it sucks hard.

>>377600221
1.Change mode to easy.
2.Equip auto evade
3.???
4.profit
>>
>>377594914
I agree with most of what you said here, Nier is definitely not a masterpiece although it has a very unique way of storytelling and I loved just how much character development there was for having such a small number of characters. But calling it a masterpiece when the game has many pacing issues B route is the best example of this. They should of given us fast travel much earlier especially for B route and made more cutscenes to skip over content we have already played e.g boss fights (9S hacking is boring as fuck anyway). With 9S being slower at killing things than 2B it made hacking incredibly powerful and at that point the combat as 9S is so boring you just want to get to the end so you give in and hack everything only to ruin the experience even further. Hacking also completely fucks the dialogue during fights making you miss lots of important lines and it just ruins the flow with the loud music that plays for a few seconds than fades out. There is also a ton of dialogue i missed because I instantly one-shot all the enemies with AB80 Wave for instance when fighting all the 2B models as 9S.

It was very common for me to spam dodge like a retard for a few minutes before attacking a boss because i didn't want to miss any more dialogue.
>>
>>377601620
>You need to read additional material for the game to be better than another
Jesus Christ, the autism..
>>
>>377601809
>What is Grimoire Nier
>>
>>377600880
>Shitty dialog (9S going nuclear made me cringe hard).
I bet you played it in English he was more bearable in Japanese.
>>
>>377587383
Sounds like me, but don't share your low opinions of Automata on this site, because people objectively love weeb trash.

I fell for the fucking shilling and my takeaway from Automata was paying retail for a game that plays like shit.
>>
combats the same as bayo, just replace the qtes with shmup sections. I think you just dont like or are getting tired of platinum combat.
>>
>>377602397
I too love sucking Taro cock anon.
>>
>>377602485
oh, so you were just shitposting. ok.
>>
Is v2 crack out yet?
>>
>>377601310
Not him

>well, i know where you coming from, it does break flow a bit if you not fast enough
Nah I played with combust and stun chipset and just spammed hack hack hack and could kill anything bosses were a joke with it too.

And before you say I ruined the combat for myself only having one weapon as 9S ruined it for me already (not that it was that great anyway).

>Game has deep combat, just like your beloved bayo or dmc

DMC rewards you for doing good combos, switching things up. Bayo has a much much much bigger moveset but allows you to spam the same moves over and over. Nier on the other hand has barely any moves unless you switch weapons every few seconds. And since you can only have two weapon sets that is fairly limiting too unless you want to pause the game every few seconds.

The solution here would be to have a hacking tool as a weapon (locked to heavy) which you could switch out.
>>
>>377602397
>"""""It's the same."""""
>Mashing light attack takes you into fulk launch in Bayo without a rekka or directional input.

Didnt play Bayo huh? Thank god the Automata demo was enough for me to see the combat is drastically different. Thank fuck I didn't fall for the meme.
>>
>>377602642
>And before you say I ruined the combat for myself only having one weapon as 9S ruined it for me already (not that it was that great anyway).
You are fully aware you can change your weapon and weave it into your combo by a single button press?
>>
File: 1386218755001.png (91KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1386218755001.png
91KB, 300x300px
>>377600163
>Automata has the best combat mechanics platinum has ever programmed
>>
>>377600964
I did all the side quests before i unlocked it too... wasted many hours and was frustrated with not having fast travel.

I was actually really frustrated with the game (from around 1-8hr playtime) then the crater appears and shit got real. After that I started to ignore the side quests more and focus more on the main missions until the ending.

When i got to route B I didn't have many early side missions to do until i got fast travel but the combat as 9S was painful with only 1 wep so I just spammed hack.

Game finally started to get good again around when you have the fight at the flooded city as 9S, then route C/D is where it redeemed itself.
>>
>>377602721
bayo came out on pc anon, I played them back to back. I suggest you do the same.
>>
>>377602615
v3 even.
>>
>>377602001
9S sounds just as retarded in japanese. Just cause you think japanese sounds cool you fuckin' weeaboo, doesn't make it less cringe.
>>
File: 60558431_p0.jpg (482KB, 2024x2280px) Image search: [Google]
60558431_p0.jpg
482KB, 2024x2280px
>>377594065
>having said that, i do agree that Nier:automata was really underwhelming, it definitely have the weakest and blandest characters of all Yoko Taro game, the story are also subpar

You are just a retarded secondary gaijin who could never understand Taro's works, it's just a coincidence that you actually played something that you were never meant to.

N:A's characters are the best characters Taro ever made. No other characters have the same quality writing, same developed personality and the same number of events that affected them one way or another and changed them.

2b and 9s are the BEST Taro's characters but secondaries will never know why.
>>
File: 1495121938864.jpg (128KB, 580x617px) Image search: [Google]
1495121938864.jpg
128KB, 580x617px
>>377603456
>You are just a retarded secondary gaijin
Oh look who's here, it's the secondary shitposter. You really need to step up your falseflagging because your bait barely ever changes.
>>
>>377603281
Keep projecting the Javanese VA isn't nearly as painful as the English VA and the script is not the same.
>>
>>377595739
>i miss the bantz of nier
That's because you are a retard who can only like flashy characters with "muh bantz".
N:A is the opposite of it and characters have "emotions are prohibited" motto and act well reserved because of the previous important events and you'd know why if you could actually fucking read the official side materials written by Taro.

But hey, you are just a secondary.
Your opinion is trash.
>>
File: C8vsvQfXYAAx0X_.jpg (60KB, 1131x800px) Image search: [Google]
C8vsvQfXYAAx0X_.jpg
60KB, 1131x800px
>>377603551
>damage control

Good job knowing like 40% of the story without reading the official materials, secondary trash.
>>
Am I the only one who found it hard to care that much for the characters even Pascal in route C simply because they are all machines/androids?

There wasn't a single point in the game where I felt even close to crying although I will admit I was amazed at some things that happened more from the point of what the director was willing to do.
>>
>>377603710
> because they are all machines/androids?
Well that's new. I'm glad I didn't experience this.
>>
>>377603710
>There wasn't a single point in the game
that was the point
>>
>>377602806
You are fully aware I already mentioned weapon switching in my post?
>>
>>377603710
>he didn't cry in ending A with amazingly directed scenes and 2b's emotional outburst and the quintessence of her character development

Whatever, retard.

The beginning of route C and parts with lonely 9s are incredibly well made and directed.
>>
>>377603710
I'm usually like this, and the most amazing thing about this game is that it made me care about generic looking machines that believe they are kids. I was pretty shocked about the events in the Factory in C/D.
>>
>>377603456
t.Tarocuck.
>>
File: 1491349737777.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491349737777.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>secondaries never bothered to read the official materials
>think they know something about the characters and the story

My sides.
Go read it:

Orbital Bunker Observation Diary - http://mintychu.dreamwidth.org/711.html
Memory Cage - http://mintychu.dreamwidth.org/340.html
Memory Thorn - https://pastebin.com/E5rcVvAH

Concerts:
1. Repeated Prayers - http://mintychu.dreamwidth.org/1585.html
2. Project Yorha - http://mintychu.dreamwidth.org/1371.html
3. Beasts Who Kill One Another - http://mintychu.dreamwidth.org/1184.html
4. Precious Things - http://mintychu.dreamwidth.org/999.html
5. Farewell - http://mintychu.dreamwidth.org/1870.html
>>
>>377603807
>>377603945
>>377603946
It's not like I didn't feel anything I just didn't get emotional at all over anything that happened. Some of the scenes shocked me for sure but knowing in the back of my mind that they are just made of code pretending to have emotion really ruined the impact of it.
>>
>>377604113
People who lack empathy are normal people, they're not necessarily psychopaths or sadists but I'll even go further.

Most people lack empathy. Being able and trying to feel what someone feels, to comprehend one's behaviour, attitude and emotions is a hard process, some people could even see it as a gift. What people lack really is the simple understanding of a basic concept: cause and effect. One does someone for a reason, he acts like he does because a large set of causes has implied an even larger set of consequences, leading to a given situation.

Generally, it's easier to ignore this whole cause and effect thing, to consider that people act like they do because they are what they are. That's why most people won't try to reason about someone's behaviour because judging it only by this behaviour requires less effort. Not only less effort but it makes you feel better to just assume that someone is a douche, or is mean or whatever, that there is nothing more to it. It's also easier because you don't want to feel empathy towards someone who offended you, you want to have all the right to be offended and you want them to have all the blames.

Lack of empathy leads to judgement and self-centeredness. Obviously you can explain and possibly forgive your own behaviour because you know a part of the cause and effects that shaped you. Yet, you refuse to admit that a similar process could have existed for someone else. Of course I'm being a bit too general here, things are nuanced, the lack of empathy I'm talking about is relative. However, I remain stunned by the number of persons who really can't or -more generally- don't want to put themselves in others shoes, simply because deep down they don't really want to know.
>>
>>377604060
Everyone and their mom already read them since they get posted all the fucking time.
>>
>>377604060
Even without the secondary material there is enough in game to understand what is going on. Retards just speed through everything to the end because they want to hurry up and get back to slamming their dick in doors.
>>
>>377588760
>open world

So you didn't play it.
>>
>>377604227
You obviously didn't.
>>
File: 1495321356285.jpg (143KB, 1307x1108px) Image search: [Google]
1495321356285.jpg
143KB, 1307x1108px
>>377604113
>just made of code pretending to have emotion
What the fuck did you miss the whole game
>>
>>377604226
Does this copy pasta apply when they aren't even real people?
>>
>>377603456
How is he a secondary if he played through the games? That's the opposite of a secondary.
>>
>>377604113
>they are just made of code pretending to have emotion
That's gonna open an entirely new can of worms if we try to discuss at what point emotions are real and when they aren't.

>>377604263
I translated the first batch of spoilers in /vg/ you humongous faggot, what did your ass ever contribute aside shitposting.
>>
File: C8qfORTVoAARQMj.jpg (224KB, 2464x2080px) Image search: [Google]
C8qfORTVoAARQMj.jpg
224KB, 2464x2080px
>>377604238
>Even without the secondary material there is enough in game to understand what is going on. Retards just speed through everything to the end because they want to hurry up and get back to slamming their dick in doors.

Retards who say that the characters of N:A are shallow and badly written are secondaries who obviously never bothered to read the side stories and concert scripts that expand 9s/2b stories a lot.

Their never-ending cycle that was finally broke in the E ending was simply the best characterization Taro's ever made.
>>
>>377604326
Pascal and the other robots did not have human souls in them it was only the androids no?
>>
>>377587564
>witcher fag

Oh boy, you're one of those faggots that unironically hates any Japanese game for being "weaboo shit" aren't you you fucking Polaboo?
>>
>>377604432
Neither Androids nor Machine Lifeforms have Souls in them. (In the Drakengard/Nier kind of sense)
>>
>>377604487
My mistake I thought Project Gestalt was trying to put human souls in androids but never got all the logs.
>>
>>377604584
Nah Project Gestalt is something else entirely. The reason why Project Gestalt was even necessary was because Humans had souls thus Androids were created to support humanity.
>>
File: C8oyzFQXoAEUnKz.jpg (93KB, 1152x1012px) Image search: [Google]
C8oyzFQXoAEUnKz.jpg
93KB, 1152x1012px
Also 2b's remorse, compassion and tragic existence that forces her to kill the one she loves because 9s actually tells her to continue her mission simply destroys all previous Taro's characters and their relationships.

I can see a lot of people liking Weiss, Zero or Kaine for "muh bantz" because they are flashy and witty but it never fails to amuse me how people fail to empathize with 9s/2b.
>>
File: 20161113180913_1.jpg (462KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20161113180913_1.jpg
462KB, 1920x1200px
>>377604437
>Oh boy, you're one of those faggots that unironically hates any Japanese game for being "weaboo shit" aren't you you fucking Polaboo?

I'm a Witcherfag and I also a Tarofag.

Where's your god now, fag?
>>
The game went to shit after finishing the prologue for awhile. then when you finsih the prologue again as 9S you get to enjoy running even slower and not having FAST TRAVEL yet again.
>>
>>377604797
Witcher is a shit series with garbage combat though. The books tell the story better and the games fail to have enjoyable gameplay so it's a really mediocre experience overall.
>>
>>377603080
Please tell me which weapon does full launch on light mash, I'll wait.
>>
File: 20161122004325_1.jpg (211KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20161122004325_1.jpg
211KB, 1920x1200px
>>377604997
>Witcher is a shit series with garbage combat though.

Sorry but even Roach is smarter than you, kid.
>>
>>377603684
If 60% of the story is missing from the primary medium you're telling the story through, you've done something wrong.
>>
File: Taro-san.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Taro-san.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>377605838
Taro doesn't limit himself with only vidya narrative and expands it with novels and concerts.

His products are obviously aimed on internal market, not on gaijins who get no translations.
>>
>>377606260
>not on gaijins who get no translations.
>posts links with translations
Something doesnt add up
>>
>>377604406
>have to dig through the internet to enjoy/symphatize with characters
Uhh no thanks
>>
>>377587383

I hate to be the one to break this to you OP but you're not on Facebook.
>>
>>377589914

I didn't read or go through any side material either but I guess I just have better than basic comprehension skills.

Perhaps you should go read some young adult novellas to hone your skills or maybe talk to actual people.
>>
File: 1375709829520.gif (447KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1375709829520.gif
447KB, 300x169px
>>377606320
Fan made translations are not official.

PG, Taro or Square Enix never bothered to translate their books, concerts or interviews.
>>
How would you fix Nier:A?

Remove:

Replaying the boring parts of route A as 9S (should of tried to keep it shorter)
Boring run to A B C D quests
Hacking mini-game in combat It breaks the flow

Add:
More zones in route B to mix things up
More A2 gameplay/story
Fast travel from the start as 9S (limited access points)
Dual wielding as 9S
Bigger moveset for each weapon OR More than 2 weapon sets
>>
>>377587383
I also just finished ending E and holy shit is Nier Automata overrated as fuck.

The combat is mediocre in the first route, absolute shit in the second route and pointless as fuck in the third route. But it's non generic and there are many options so it gives the delusion that there is more to it. The story and themes are mediocre as fuck but it's interesting so it gives the delusion that it's actually very good. The side content is absolute shit. The hacking game and the shmup was an atrocity gameplay wise and still, I can't believe how often they came up.

Nier Automata was non generic and you rarely or never see something like it with that kind of production values, that's why it's special and refreshing. But ultimately nothing the game did was amazing or on any higher level of quality.
>>
>>377606260
Expanding on the story or the world is fine, but if important aspects of the story can only be found in side material as you're suggesting, the creators are doing a disservice to their intended audience.
>>
>>377607865
Arguably the only important information from the side-material is the post-Ending E content and Memory Thorn.
>>
>>377607865
Their intended audience is Japanese people who know how it works. And they liked N:A a lot which is the only thing that matters.

No one cares what gaijins think about it.
>>
>>377587383
It's still fun.

>>377587434
FPBP, thread should have ended there
>>
>>377587507
>defends platinum
>calls others meme shit

Whoa there
>>
>>377607997
>best action game list
>filled with adventure games, and platformers

time to load that third bomb up because it looks like Japan needs to learn a new lesson.
>>
Nier Automata, Persona 5, BotW and Witcher 3 all don't have good gameplay. They are just good video game experiences and the proof that the entire package counts and not like /v/ thinks only the gameplay. That's why many people pretend on here that those games offer good gameplay. They can't get over their holy /v/ teachings and admit that video games are there for way more than gameplay alone.
>>
>>377607404
Generally, I'd want the gameplay to lean more on the Platinum side.

Combat gets changed to include proper strings instead of Dynasty Warriors combos, difficulty levels are trademark Platinum with different enemy placements instead of just increasing health/damage numbers, replace in-combat hacking with something else entirely, beef up the bosses. I'm not sure what the best way to accomplish this would be, but something about the enemy and encounter design should change so that it's not as easy to just run away from everything.

Anyway as for the actual game structure, C/D felt really rushed to me. I think you're definitely right about A2 needing way more development and generally more things to do. She turns on a dime the moment you decide not to kill Pascal. I don't know if you could call that a character arc. Her motivation in the end for getting involved with 9S is because she hears about a mysterious structure and goes to check it out without a real reason.

I also think that at a bare minimum, more of 2B and 9S's backstory needed to be in the game. 2B only alludes to killing 9S over and over again, but the game only shows the times that happen in the game. There needed to be something to make 2B more of a character. Maybe some optional archive data sidequests in C/D where you could play as 2B. Something to show that they had interacted previously.
>>
>>377609174
When you had the choice to spare or kill Pascal as A2 it really felt like A2 didn't have her own free will and just bended to whatever her puppeteer the player told her to do.
>>
>>377609453
The only reasonable choice would be to just walk away if you consider A2's standpoint and past.
>>
>>377609034
I don't know why you're dragging every other popular game into this discussion, but BotW and Persona 5 have great gameplay. Because the story barely exists in the former and is terrible in the latter, but I still kept playing for like a hundred plus hours so the game itself was great.

Nier Automata's the game that I thought was boring but I wanted to find out what happened next and what was going on with the world.
Never played Witcher 3.

>>377609537
Can you explain what you mean?
>>
>>377609783
BotW was just brainless fun, it was just repeating the same brainless gameplay for tons of hours. The gameplay was definitely not the highlight, it was the overall package of the game that was good.

Persona 5 is a dating sim JRPG. JRPG gameplay is already mediocre but dating sim elements are literally just stat flavor. Again, it's just the experience and not the gameplay that shines.
>>
>>377609174
Dynasty Warriors has better gameplay than autómata.

Not even memeing, it has some really fucking lit combos and weapon movesets starting with DW7 and it goes off the rails with DW8XL and Empires.
>>
>>377607404
More A2 and 2B. I liked them, but feel like I didn't get enough.
>>
>>377604060
>You need to read secondary material outside the game for it to be good
Well memed.
>>
>>377607404
>Dual Wielding as 9
>not 4 weapons at once
>or 3
Could make it that he starts out with 1 weapon, ends up learning to use 2 weapons during the end of Route B and ends up using 3 at Route C.
>>
>>377610196
I haven't kept up with Dynasty Warriors, but I can believe that.

What I'm saying is that I don't think the lights into heavy ender C1-6 style combos were a good control scheme for Nier Automata.
>>
Are the vocal tracks in this game's OST sung in actual languages or made up ones? I honestly can't tell, certain tracks sound like they're in pretend French, others sound like horribly broken English, etc
Also, when the hell does this track play?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43hS7lL6edo
It really stands out stylistically yet i don't remember it at all.
>>
File: 1495228392181.jpg (259KB, 525x700px) Image search: [Google]
1495228392181.jpg
259KB, 525x700px
there are people who dont get that Automata is purely an android love story
>>
>>377609174
they dont have enough budget for that

even for dlc
>>
>>377590870
>What you are experiencing is the blowback contrarianism, happens with Witcher 3
Why are witcher fans so fucking delusional
>>
>>377611458
Adam and Eve fight in the alien ship I think.

>>377611667
Platinum games never have a budget anyway.
>>
File: 1491325128101.png (222KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
1491325128101.png
222KB, 368x368px
>>377601257
>kill all the enemies
>have to wait for the game to catch up because i'm suppoed to be having a hard time i guess
>cutscene plays and 2b and 9s are hurt and tired
>>
>>377606260
>each time someone takes off the mask the tear on the back gets worse and worse
>kamiya almost rips it in half taking it off
I'm worried for Taro, he's breaking.
>>
>>377611458
Made-up only Weight of the World and Sound of broken world are in a real language
>>
File: 2.jpg (449KB, 1280x1919px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
449KB, 1280x1919px
>>377611548
>there are people who dont get that Automata is purely an android love story

The purest one
>>
>>377612687
2 fags in wigs.
>>
>>377612885
I said the purest
>>
>>377611940
How unlikely is a rebalance mod to fix the combat problems?
>>
Aside from the very first (and apparently only) EMP bots, were there any status effect enemies in the entire game?
>>
>>377613412
very
>>
>>377589412
>>377589354
Didn't Jackass say that experience of fighting was the closest thing to the human emotion of 'love' that the Android have from her research?
>>
>>377601390
>game feels meaningless for the first 20+ hours
>when you unlock the true ending, you have some sort of choice to give the game meaning
>brilliant
>>
>>377617340
It doesn't give the game meaning. The game is still meaningless. The meaning is when you get to choose the type of person you want to be.
>>
>>377603637
Not him but...

>you have a problem with banter being a method that establishes the relationship between important characters thus allowing the player to sympathise with them and grow attached to them
>"go read the official side materials of this video game if you really want to understand the story you filthy secondary"

Tell me anon, what's it like being autistic?
>>
>>377618094
Only teenagers like banter.
>>
>>377604406
A lot of video games make me read, anon. But at least they make me read it all in-game. Why can't you just admit Taro can't write a video game plot? Or that he doesn't know how to tell a good story without NEEDING side materials to fully enjoy it?

While typing that last question I realised that you Tarocucks are fucking pathetic for just gobbling all this up because "muh secondaries".
>>
>>377587383

>combat is not platinum enough

Underage detected

Also, nice blog
>>
>>377606260
>Taro doesn't limit himself to just telling the story through video games

Anon, that's not how you use the word "limit". If Taro didn't limit himself, he would be able to tell a good story just through the video game seeing as how it is the MAIN narrative device. Then he would use side materials to ENHANCE the narrative for those who want more thus also allowing people who were content with the game alone to not feel alienated. What happened here is that the game itself felt like it was just another tool to tell the story and not the main tool. You gotta admit, it's good for making money.
>>
>>377618760
It also would've been really easy to fix. Couple more pieces of intel would've done it.
>>
Hard to do cuhrayzee combat in the form of JRPGs with numbers, this is probably as good as it gets
>>
File: 62855729_p97.png (89KB, 1010x495px) Image search: [Google]
62855729_p97.png
89KB, 1010x495px
>>377609783
>Can you explain what you mean?
A2 is the only survivor of a failed mission to take a machine server on Mt. Ka’ala. Her entire motivation before the game is that she's going around killing machines to avenge her fallen comrades.
A2 would never want to forget about her friends that died, even though her memories are painful.

Deleting Pascal's memories would mean that she thinks it's OK to forget about your past. This goes against her character because she empathizes with Pascal.
Killing Pascal makes no sense because he is one of her few friends.
The only option that makes sense is to walk away.
>>
>>377619251
But it's brilliant. The game is meaningless because the characterization which forms the entire heart of the narrative is so fractured and shittily executed, but you, the player, can discover the meaning on your own by paying for side stories and concerts. It's all about finding meaning for yourself for only $19.99 plus tip.

Tarocucks really think this.
>>
>>377619610
I think that anon was talking about when A2 first met Pascal at the Resistance Camp.
>>
>>377619610
No, not when you're given the choice at the factory, when you first meet Pascal outside of the Resistance Camp you can either kill him or let him go and that's the moment when A2 rethinks her whole remove machine thing. That's the choice that isn't really motivated except for the player.

Also I think the point was to illustrate to A2 that you can move on from the past. At that point she empathized with him enough that she would've helped him out.
>>
>>377619610

>Deleting Pascal's memories would mean that she thinks it's OK to forget about your past

Little shit calls you cruel at the end, bitch needs to understand that being sentient comes with consequences
>>
can't even go past the tutorial stage on hard... how do I git gud
>>
>>377620376
Switch back to normal
Then git gud
>>
>>377620376
Tutorial is the hardest part of the entire game. You may as well play on Normal for that part and switch it to Hard after you can actually save.
>>
>>377620537
>play it on hard mode and die a few times
>decide it isnt too bitchy to switch to normal
>get to boss
>game crashes
>do it again
>game crashes
I dont want to live on this planet anymore
>>
>>377587383
>Combat is not Platinum enough
What? It's plenty Platinum. Mash a button, then occasionally another button, and then dodge when things start fighting back.
If you're assuming they're anything more than that, you're deluding yourself. Did it not have enough QTEs and mini-games for ya to ruin the core gameplay?
>>
File: f1b1770d.jpg (141KB, 756x1200px) Image search: [Google]
f1b1770d.jpg
141KB, 756x1200px
>>377619976
>>377620151
Ah, I see now I misread the earlier post
Have another A2
>>
>>377620630
Don't pirate. Alternatively don't fall for the 780 meme.

Finally don't play shitty PC ports from Japanese developers who don't care.
>>
>>377588760
Nioh has great gameplay but I fucking hate Diablo loot systems and the story is non existent.
Thread posts: 248
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.