[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

nintendo will stop supporting online for wii u once the switch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1484994048740.jpg (86KB, 498x654px) Image search: [Google]
1484994048740.jpg
86KB, 498x654px
nintendo will stop supporting online for wii u once the switch becomes paid online
you know it will happen
>>
>>377583041
Does anyone regret buying this?
I really want to wait until either the end of this year or until gen 2 Switch, but it's very hard to wait.

Thoughts?
>>
>>377584586
I feel like I would have regret it if I had gotten one. I was planning to buy one on release but decided to use my money to help my parents instead. None of the indie games have excited me at all, so if I had bought it I probably would have gotten Zelda and MK8. There's no way those games would have lasted me this long.

I'm holding out for E3 or some sort of announcement of new games. An Animal Crossing or Monster Hunter would sell me this thing, but the current line-up is a major turn-off.
>>
>>377583041

where are all the Sm4sh players going to go?
>>
>>377584586
It's sitting on my shelf collecting dust.
Splatoon 2 is what I got it for anyways
>>
>>377584586
Just wait. Barely any games. Zelda Breast of the Wild is ok. Wait until more titles to come out.
>>
>>377584586
Don't regret it at all. While it's mostly been a Zelda, MK8, and Puyo Puyo Tetris machine there is plenty of stuff in the near future to be excited for. Pretty much ever day at least one developer has announced a game for it or that they're at least working on one. Add that whatever Nintendo announces at E3 and this is honestly the first console I've been glad I've bought at launch. People keep dissing it but Zelda, Mario Kart, Splatoon and 3D Mario all in the first year is pretty great, and there is still plenty more other than that.
>>
>>377583041
>they will shut down online service for a console nobody owns just because another console that nobody owns will have paid service
Ok then.
>>
File: 1473462508290.gif (1022KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473462508290.gif
1022KB, 640x480px
>>377584586
There's no need to buy it now.
In the future there should be more games so the regret hasn't kicked in, but the only things worth playing on it right now are also on the Wii U.

Course if you were smart you'd have skipped that one so maybe it is the right choice to get a switch now.
It does make a nice BoTW box
>>
>>377583041
Well that must suck for those five people who bought a WiiU.

Meanwhile, the rest of the planet will not know nor care about it.
>>
>Wii U
oh yeah that existed
>>
>>377583041
>nintendo will stop supporting online for wii u once the switch becomes paid online
>you know it will happen

> Nintendo stopped supporting the DS and Wii's online infrastructure due to the outsourced company who handled it going bankrupt.

> Nintendo will cease online support the Wii U because anon said so

Really fires your neurons.
>>
File: 1448711014699.png (61KB, 210x221px) Image search: [Google]
1448711014699.png
61KB, 210x221px
>>377583041
I can see them still supporting stuff like Sm4sh and Splatoon until the sequels/ports come out.
>>
File: 1454795978843.jpg (54KB, 336x470px) Image search: [Google]
1454795978843.jpg
54KB, 336x470px
>>377583041
How dependent is the Wii U online infrastructure on Miiverse?
>>
>>377588362
Not at all. Modders could probably get games like smash and splatoon back online after a shutdown.
>>
>>377584586
I don't regret buying it because BotW is my GOTAY, and MK8 is a lot of fun with friends, but honestly if you have a Wii U or don't care that much about Zelda, you should definitely wait.

I'm playing on PC a lot more lately now that I've done almost all there is to do on MK8 and BotW, and I don't even know if I'll buy Arms. Splatoon 2 is the next big thing, you should probably wait until the holiday season.
>>
>>377583041
Payday 2 on the Nintendo Switch...
The fuck is this shit? They can hardly make it work on PC

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/payday-2-switch
>>
>>377589473
>release games from 4 years ago
>huge selling point for new system

okey dokey then Nintendo
>>
>>377589939
>Payday 2
>Selling point
Haha, no.... Unless it includes all the Jew DLC that they pumped out for that fucking game
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.