[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been out of the scene for.. hell.. at least 3 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 1_half_life.jpg (15KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1_half_life.jpg
15KB, 400x240px
I've been out of the scene for.. hell.. at least 3 years now...

What are the new rumors with HL3?

I want to end this on a good note.
>>
>>377576506
It's dead, Jim
>>
>>377576696

:(
>>
File: Hl3_g.jpg (1MB, 3600x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Hl3_g.jpg
1MB, 3600x2000px
gaben confirmed there are 3 new game sin the works, at least 1 is singleplayer and at least 1 is half life/portal.

also theres a HL movie coming soon

not sure why these dummies dont know this by now and pretend HL is dead
>>
Think of how many thousands, yes, thousands of people have died waiting for Half Life 3 to come out in the 13 years since Half Life 2. The voice actor for Breen is dead as well.

I would bet to you there's been at least five cancer patients who wanted to play Half Life 3 before they died of cancer and never got to. If there was some magical way to verify this, I'm sure I would be proven right.
>>
>>377576506
it's been a fucking decade man
stop caring

why the fuck do you think a company would keep so quiet about their product for so long?

if they have been working on it (which I doubt), then they probably only started working on it recently. There's NO FUCKING WAY it would have taken them this long for what was supposed to be a bi yearly expansion at most.
>>
>>377576506
even if they are making hl3, it a singleplayer corridor FPS will NEVER. EVER. EVER. live up to the expectations
>>
it's dead. the original staff who worked on hl1 and hl2 aren't even at valve anymore
>>
move on already you autistic fuck
>>
>>377576506
Steam figured out they make more money as a storefront than a developer.

So, never.
>>
File: lab.jpg (85KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
lab.jpg
85KB, 500x471px
>>377578052

>expectations

I just expect a proper ending, they coud make Gordon destroy the combine just to find out there's a bigger team and he's beyond fucked, I don't give a fuck, I just want to play something new and get a fucking ending.
>>
>>377576506
the most significant news related to a new Half Life game was this https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/01/08/marc-laidlaw-leaves-valve/

Marc Laidlaw was basically the driving force behind the narrative in Half Life, which is arguably the thing that set the series apart from other FPS. Without him, even if they eventually make another Half Life game, it's likely the tone will be wildly different than the previous titles. Another element of establishing that tone; the characteristic music in the Half Life 2 games, will also be absent. The composer, Kelly Bailey, has also left Valve. And finally, Chet Faliszek, one of the Old Man Murray hires who also played an increasingly important role in the narrative as the Half Life 2 episodes were developed as well as serving on the crew for the Portal and L4D games, left Valve as well.

tl;dr everyone with any kind of creative talent GTFO and Valve is now nothing but a cold, corporate machine
>>
>>377578052
I can already see the results

>89% certified fresh
>/v/ absolutely hates it
>Long term fans dislike it
>Young kids and vidya journalists love it
>People get even more sour at Valve
>>
File: 1370469682259.jpg (64KB, 719x720px) Image search: [Google]
1370469682259.jpg
64KB, 719x720px
>>377576506
Gabe was asked in a "you-know-where" AMA about the anonymous source that leaked HL3 was cancelled and never happening, and he sarcastically replied he always believes anonymous internet sources.

So that's the answer on HL3.

My opinion is that Valve will release it as a VR title. They've been working on a VR controller.

the Half Life games have really been about innovation.

Half Life was a pretty innovative game, with complex scripted sequences and a large seamless world, as opposed to being level based. It was also a large organic world where it was designed as a real place, and not just an obstacle course. It brought innovations to the genre.

Half Life 2 meanwhile, was basically one big tech demo for the Source Engine, so it innovated mostly by being a pretty innovative engine for its day, and having some really interesting features available, even if the end game didn't really utilize it much.

I don't think that Valve wants to release Half Life 3 unless there's something innovative they can use it to introduce. And since VR is really the only innovative step really left to take, if they can perfect a controller that works well with an FPS, you can bet your ass they will release HL3
>>
>>377579303

>innovation
>innovating controllers

Doubt it, they will never release their golden boy as a VR title, it might feature VR as an extra but nothing that would alienate their core fans, besides VR is still expensive and no one would play a VR only title.
>>
>>377579303
>make HL3 a VR only game
>ignore how the VR userbase is ridiculously small compared to all people on Steam and consoles
lol he didn't get money by being dumb and throwing one of his most known IPs into a desert town
>>
>>377579509
>>377579553
I never said it would be exclusively VR.

but it would be mainly VR, with a normal version for everyone who doesnt want to shell out for VR gear
>>
>>377579714

>mainly VR

Again, no, it won't happen, I'm starting to think you bought VR crap.
>>
>>377579869
no, it was just an idea. if they want to keep HL as something that brings some kind of innovation, unless they just use it as a tech demo for Source 2 like they did with Source. because there's not much new they can really do as far as FPS goes, is there?
>>
>>377578623
Laidlaw sometimes stopped by a coffee shop in Olympia (Burial Grounds), and would absolutely refuse to talk about Half-Life, while topping it off with some generic "I'm under an oppressive NDA" line, and instead made an attempt to talk about/show-off his not-Half-Life stuff. He's going to find out sooner or later that he's an absolute literally-who without HL, and any attention people pay to him is rooted in HL, so his endgame is going to be fading into obscurity while hoping goth chicks with daddy issues that are into Gaiman-lite will suffice

I have no idea if he lives around Washington anymore, I can't imagine voluntarily living in this muggy hellhole without Valvebux
>>
>>377580173

There's so much that can be done, if we still see "innovative" movies after 100 years, there's still so much to do in FPS, will it be good? Who knows, but there's so much shit to do.
>>
>>377579714
then you have the problem that non-VR games don't work very well for VR, the movement system doesn't translate well, moving with a keyboard/analog stick induces puking
>>
Even when the episodes were still a thing, Valve didn't even plan on developing Episodes 3 and 4 themselves, and instead farmed it out to Junction Point and Arkane

http://www.gamezone.com/news/leaked-maps-of-half-life-3-aka-half-life-2-episode-3-bleeds-nostalgia-3452150
>>
>>377580918
>arkane making Half-Life
Thank God this didn't happen, those people can't into combat.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.