[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished Persona 5 and got this tonight. What should I know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1459.png (1MB, 969x879px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1459.png
1MB, 969x879px
Just finished Persona 5 and got this tonight. What should I know beforehand? How does this compare to the Persona games?
>>
>>377569340
Good portable SMT fun. Gameplay is just the same as modern Persona with a few differences that aren't too jarring. Don't need to know anything beforehand.
>>
>>377569654
Thanks. ;)
>>
>>377569340
Play on fucking War mode you cunt.

Also money is really scarce in this game unless you use the grinding dlc.
>>
>>377569340
Direct sequel to SMT IV. Summarize the story, but some of the cool twist and important plot points will be used as if you are used to it

Gameplay-wise you get punished more than Persona. This goes the same for enemies. Encounters will go by much faster on both ends.

Fusion system's the best of the franchise
>>
Don't expect a narrative or characters like Persona. The mainline games are much more focused on atmosphere and gameplay then story.
>>
All jokes aside, Dagda is one of the most interesting characters in the series.

Gameplay is better than P5 imo, and that's from someone who likes both games.

Great game overall, one of the top three mainline games for sure, only topped by STrange Journey.
>>
>>377569979
>>377569886
Glad to hear about the gameplay. Persona 5 was fast at first until you unlocked Futaba's skills and every enemy was immune to everything.

>>377569841
Is that the hardest difficulty? I played Persona 5 on normal so I think I'll do the same here.
>>
>>377570148
It's the highest difficulty if you don't download the free DLC.
>>
>>377569979
Dagda is really fun and I like how much he shits on friendship power but in the end he's really poorly written, like the rest of this game. Also he has nothing at all to do with his original myth.
>>
>>377570229
>he has nothing at all to do with his original myth

In the end of Massacre he implies that he want to be like his original myth again. Law vs Chaos war probably fuck his original aspects up
>>
File: Dagda 1.jpg (9KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
Dagda 1.jpg
9KB, 280x180px
>>377569340

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO, KID.

Memes aside, Dadga and the Divine Powers are hands down the best characters.
>>
>>377569340
>gameplay (combat)
Final > P5

gameplay (level design/dungeons)
P5 > Final

>story
P5 = Final

>characters
Final > P5

>OST
Final >>>> P5

You should really play it to form your own opinion though.
>>
>>377569841
>not downloading the free DLC to play on Apocalypse to bring back a game over if Nanashi dies

I use game over loosely because Dagda will revive you for free outside of the Cosmic Egg.
>>
>>377570479
Yeah because -100 Agility is pretty fun
>>
>>377570458
Hm...I thought Persona 5's story was kind of bad
>>
>>377570229
When do any of the gods in SMT have much to do with their original myth?

That being said, Dagda does hold some of the qualities from his mythos here. He's manipulative as fuck, strong willed, and a big player in the "game." Hell, even in his mythos he's basically a reskin of Odin. And ironically they're put against each other in this game.
I wouldn't say Dagda's poorly written at all.
>>
>>377570569
That's why I put it equal to Final. Both aren't terrible or great, just kinda in the middle for Megaten plots.
>>
>>377569340
get fundraise early, since enemies don't drop money, which I'm still salty about. Actual demons in the remains of Tokyo? No cash on kill. Cognitive entities that don't physically interact with the real world? Mad dosh every time.
>>
>>377570542
Use status ailments or buffs

>>377570864
Its balanced so you don't have large amounts of money during the early game. In 5 you can just get infinite money with confuse and more on top of it with money after a battle.
>>
>>377569841
>not Apocalypse
>>
>>377571037
I get that it's for balance, but it still strikes some cognitive disonance for me, hence the salt.
>>
File: yhvh.gif (231KB, 740x3182px) Image search: [Google]
yhvh.gif
231KB, 740x3182px
How you want your final dungeon, senpai?
>>
>>377571305
This isn't SMT4A is it?
>>
>>377571164
>wanting lowered accuracy that you can't change
>even with Sukukaja buffs you still miss
no thanks
>>
>>377572417
It is
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.