[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2016: >Homefront: The Revolution is shit. >How is it shit,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Diversity.jpg (369KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Diversity.jpg
369KB, 1920x1080px
2016:
>Homefront: The Revolution is shit.
>How is it shit, anon?
>It's completely broken and runs like shit.
>What if they fixed it?
>That's never going to happen.
>They've promised to fix a lot of the issues.
>They're just lying because they want your money. The game can't be fixed. They'll abandon it within weeks and all the developers will be fired. As they should, for releasing a shit and broken game.

2017:
>Homefront: The Revolution is shit.
>They've patched the game pretty heavily. Even has PS4 Pro support now. I don't think anyone can reasonably call it "shit". Flawed, maybe. Mediocre, maybe. But pretty good, IMO.
>It's still shit. And it's hilarious that those incompetent fuckers haven't been fired yet.
>How is it shit, anon?
>It's shit and boring and shit. I don't need to explain myself.
>Can you list any particular reasons why it's shit?
>I hate shitty open world games.
>What about the linear DLC?
>That's shit, too.
>Why?
>Shit game, shit DLC. Doesn't matter.

This is how a huge chunk of conversations around Homefront: The Revolution go down. The hate this game continues to get is quite baffling at times. You'd think the game raped their poodle or something.
>>
Whether it was good or not doesn't change the fact that it's a sequel literally nobody asked for.

To its credit though it did have one of the most troubled development cycles of any game in recent years
>>
Did they ever fix the apartment glitch where you couldn't capture it?
>>
>>377556260
This is how a huge chunk of conversations that I made up.
No anon, the game is shit, because it takes the most nonsensical aspects of Far Cry to try to emulate an open world, while failing in every regard.
>>
beat it during the free weekend. it was alright.
I do wonder if they made that woman a goblin on purpose though
>>
>>377556428
It's not really a sequel, though. It's like Prey 2017. They're just using the name of an existing IP. In an interview they said that they didn't like Homefront 2011.
>>
>>377556654
>No anon, the game is shit, because it takes the most nonsensical aspects of Far Cry to try to emulate an open world, while failing in every regard.
None of that explains how, specifically, it is shit. It's the antithesis of Ubisoft's Far Cry games in a lot of ways because there's no upgrade trees, no hunting, and a vast majority of the "open world stuff" is completely optional. Also, the DLC isn't open world.

In the Red Zones, pretty much every major building has an interior of some kind. That is really, really impressive. And it has gameplay implications because you can retreat through buildings instead of having to run around them like you're playing GTA V or something.
>>
>>377556260
Why do people need to argue about this?
It might not be as shit as the original Homefront but holy shit, thats not saying much.
But it still reminds me of MoH
>>
>>377558401
>It might not be as shit as the original Homefront but holy shit, thats not saying much.
They're completely unrelated games. It's like comparing the new Prey to the old Prey.
>But it still reminds me of MoH
Which MoH, and why?
>>
How does it run on a base PS4 now?

I played the closed beta on the X1 and good lord it was pretty fucking bad.

>10-15fps
>AI was godawful
>Weather effects were nice but the general aesthetic was a bit boring

Does it at least hold up as something to fuck about with now?
>>
>>377557484
The first games events are brought up multiple times through out the story
>>
>>377556260
>is a "games that could be a new series but publishers/devs are retarded as fuck" episode
>>
File: 1477445788873.png (168KB, 414x433px) Image search: [Google]
1477445788873.png
168KB, 414x433px
I wanted it to fix itself but when I tried it during the free weekend I was bored to tears.
I mean maybe if it was more polished or better thought out but I had to sit through the unskippable opening twice when I died near the start.
I mainly wanted to see the Timesplitters Easter egg but after an hour of bullshit I just wanted it off my hard drive.

I can understand the dislike easily, I think it's stupid when people shit on a game based on word of mouth but I think in the case of home front those guys are honestly better off never trying it.

If it's a game that requires patience until it "gets good" then most likely many people don't have enough.
>>
>tfw we will never have a surprise hit Homefront game
>IO Interactive will never make Freedom Fighters 2 in response of the success of Homefront
>>
>>377558908
>The first games events are brought up multiple times through out the story
Basically nothing from the first game ever happened in Homefront: TR's universe. Ben Walker from the tie-in novel is a character, but that doesn't really count because the entire backstory and sequence of events going back to Russia winning the space race are completely different.
>>
>>377556260
This is the worst shill I've ever seen. Use more meme and less text walls plz.
>>
>>377556260
Fuck the people who made both Homefronts. The fucking story from the first one was actually decent, and they made the game 17 minutes long.
They could of made a fucking trilogy with that story. Or at least a sequel and prequel. But nooooo.
>>
>>377556260
work on your shill game if you want to advance from intern status

less dialogue, more memes

for example take screenshots from the game and make macros out of them try to plaster /v/ with it every 10 minutes during your shift

good luck
>>
>>377559112
>I mean maybe if it was more polished or better thought out but I had to sit through the unskippable opening twice when I died near the start.
I'm not sure how that could happen because the game auto-saves when you're carrying Walker to the sofa. And then auto-saves when you grab the tools from the cache.
>If it's a game that requires patience until it "gets good" then most likely many people don't have enough.
Homefront: TR is primarily a sort of walking simulator-slash-jumping puzzle/gadget puzzle game where you occasionally shoot dudes in intense firefights that the game prefers you to run away from. There is no "gets good". If you don't like walking around with your gun holstered soaking in the atmosphere, occasionally stopping to listen to NPCs talk, and figuring how to get inside completely unguarded buildings, the game is going to be boring as fuck.

I think people were expecting some sort of Far Cry 3/4-style game, but it's fundamentally different.
>>
OP is a fucking liar, nobody ever talks about this game.
>>
>>377558580
PS4 version has some input lag, like Prey. Very common with PS4 CryEngine titles. However, it seems to run at a locked 30fps now, and the game has PS4 Pro support where main game runs at 1440p and the TimeSplitters 2 demo runs at 4K. They spent a lot of time and effort fixing the performance, possibly to the detriment of fixing other areas of the game.
>>
>>377556260
can they fix the retarded story and aweful gameplay
>>
>>377559698
>OP is a fucking liar, nobody ever talks about this game.
They do on leddit and jewtube.
>>
>>377559875
How is the story retarded? How is the gameplay awful? (Disclaimer: People who don't understand the elaborate alternate history backstory where Korea isn't communist need not apply.)
>>
>>377559698
Literally the only time I've ever seen it talked about on /v/ is in webm threads whenever someone posts that one of the cool rain effects.
>>
File: 223100_20170329213609_1.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
223100_20170329213609_1.png
2MB, 1366x768px
I think the game revealed that the herd mentality is pretty strong. The performance issues and bugs were turned into a meme that endured long after the game was fixed.

How do people not know that the game is one of the best looking and performing CryEngine titles on consoles? Because "this game runs incredibly well, and has good PS4 Pro support with downsampling" doesn't have the same meme power as "this game runs like shit".
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.