[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of Titan Quest: Anniversary Edition? Is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (435KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
435KB, 1600x900px
What do you think of Titan Quest: Anniversary Edition? Is it fun?

How is it compared to the original? I heard they re-balanced a ton of stuff.
>>
Does /v/ not like Titan Quest: Anniversary Edition?
>>
It's a great time and even more fun with friends.

I actually kind of prefer it to diablo
>>
>>377543957
I think both TQ and GD share the common problem of not having much flavour between builds. TQ has an amazing setting, though.
>>
I honestly haven't tried it, great game but no real time to try it again.
>>
File: 1422576787473.jpg (173KB, 1023x665px) Image search: [Google]
1422576787473.jpg
173KB, 1023x665px
it's one of those games I pop into for half an hour and then drop for 3 months, then pop back in for another half hour

it's always installed but for some reason it hasn't hooked me
>>
>>377545160
Diablo atmosphere still has it beat

as it has every game ever
>>
Diablo 3 is the best and poos on your game.
>>
>>377547247
fuck off with your shitty bait
>>
>>377543957
it's like a million hours long
>>
>>377543957
is there some mod like the Diablo 2 Median XL mod but for this game?
>>
>>377547170
>Diablo
>atmosphere
no
>>
>>377549127
Are you mentally retarded? Or are you a faggot who only played the third game?
>>
>>377549127
Diablo 2 has the best atmosphere ever you dumbfuck.
OT
TQ is really good too. I used to play it back in school with other 3 people. Yesterday i bought the anniversary edition but i still dont know what has changed aside from the UI and some fgx option
>>
TQ was sort of boring. Anniversary Edition is more fun though, since you can speed it up by 400%.
>>
>>377546403
The joke here is that theyre actually banging the girl
>>
I find that TQ has incredibly boring gameplay.
>>
>>377550210
Engine and render-wise. Fuckall.
Was accompanied by a substantial patch though. Added scaling to a lot of shit so a lot more was viable end game.

No idea how anyone gets to endgame. Skills are so fucking lackluster. It's the same problem Grim Dawn has. I want to play through the worlds of both because of their worlds. But the actual gameplay stops me.
The single reason D2 and PoE are kings of the genre are because skills are satisfying.
>>
>>377550667
Why? Because it's slow?

Anniversary edition fixes that.
>>
>>377551873

I'd say its the opposite, D3 and PoE suffer from the same "press 1 button for huge flashy light that 1shots the screen" gameplay. You simply speedrun through zones spamming 1shot abilities and nothing really poses a threat.

I'm a fan of slowing things down and making smaller packs of enemies harder to deal with rather than nuking everything mindlessly.
>>
>>377553351
That can come down to balance, PoE was far less clear meta in the past.
PoE's probably gone a bit too far and D2 wasn't balanced the best to begin with but it's still a far better alternative.
You can still blast through TQ and Grim Dawn, it just feels monotonous.
TQ and Grim Dawn aren't harder, just less satisfying to press that 1 button over and over again. Which you're pretty much doing all the time in the genre anyway.
>>
I don't really like the setting in TQ but I guess that's personal preference. There is something in GD that I love and that makes me come back every time. I only play HC and I've never completed the game on ultimate. I like experimenting things and I don't follow builds.

Also there is a ton of secret area and secret loot crate in GD. Theres that super secret quest that lead you to a fourth wall breaking boss it's really neat.
>>
I prefer Diablo 2 or Grimm Dawn because settings.
>>
>>377550667
Nah it's great for a while but then slowly becomes an ultimate bore. First 15 hours I thought it was one of the best games of all time.
>>
>>377555458
What makes it become boring that's different from any other game of the same genre?
>>
>>377543957
If you like greek mythology then yeah it's pretty aight.
>>
Great with friends, but I lost my login information and have no clue how to get it back. I don't think there is one.

Did they change things like making enemies regenerate large amounts of health? I made it through the highest difficulty with a conqueror and don't have much desire to go back.
>>
I like TQ a lot more than Grim Donger. There is a lot more variety in TQ than GD by miles. It's well worth getting on sale price. I got it for like $5 or something.
>>
>>377555914
The droprate of fun gear is miserly, and when the good stuff does drop you can't stick relics or charms in them.
>>
>>377543957
It has the most boring start of any Diablo clone I've ever played but it gets much better later on.
>>
>>377558242
Definitely this. The start is pretty awful.
>>
>>377558242
>Diablo clone

what, is COD a DOOM clone? Is the new DOOM a DOOM clone? is The Talos Principle a DOOM clone?
>>
>>377543957
its an amazing game brought down by the fact it doesnt actually start until you get to the second difficulty. has great potential for creative builds
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.