[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What steps do you take to avoid swatting? Is using a VPN to mask

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

What steps do you take to avoid swatting? Is using a VPN to mask your location enough or are there workarounds?
>>
>>377543278

Why would I need to worry about swatting
>>
>>377543278
>vpn
>doing anything
https://gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29
>>
>>377543408
Because your ostensibly gaming online?
>>
>>377543278
Don't stream
>>
>>377543503

But how would that lead me to being swatted
>>
>>377543442
Wouldn't using a VPN for torrenting content be the equivalent of hiding the body?
>>
>>377543442
>he doesn't change vpns regularly
Hes right, but that guy doesn't know shit to begin with.
>>
>>377543943
>i didn't read: the post
VPN DON'T MEAN SHIT!
THEY EXIST BECAUSE GOVERNMENT ALLOW THEM TO EXIST!
AND GUESS WHAT? WITH THE "WE WON'T THROW YOU IN JAIL FOR A BILLION YEAR FOR FACILITATING INTERNATIONAL TERRORISM" COMES A BIG FAT "FORWARD EVERYTHING THAT GOES THROUGH YOU TO THE NSA, LOGS AND ALL"
>>
>>377544202
>Didn't answer the question
>Spergout
Hi neo-/v/!
>>
>>377544341
IT'S NOT THE EQUIVALENT OF HIDING THE BODY!
IT'S THE EQUIVALENT OF THINKING YOU'RE DOING SO WHILE LIVESTREAMING IT TO THE NEAREST POLICE DEPARTMENT WITH GPS COORDINATES AND LINK TO YOUR ENTIRE PERSONAL INFORMATIONS LIKE WHERE YOU LIVE, PHONE NUMBER AND WHERE THEY CAN FIND YOU IF YOU AREN'T AT HOME
>>
>>377544202

Hi tinfoil
>>
>>377544202

>VPN dont mean shit cause the government!

Thats free VPN not private
>>
File: 1336177057326.jpg (69KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1336177057326.jpg
69KB, 540x720px
>streamfags
>>
>>377543927
Because of bored trolls
>>
>>377545808
>implying that private VPNs don't have the government cock up their ass too, if not even harder than free ones.
>>
>>377545946
Actually if its a private company they have incentive not to work with government. Even so government is less likely to swat you than random fags playing call of duty.
>>
>>377543278

It's really difficult to social engineer an ISP for someone's info via an IP address in 2017. What you should do is hide your name and email address at all times. Use throwaway emails on sites you actively use that can potentially be hacked. Don't attach them to real life.
>>
>>377546359
>Actually if its a private company they have incentive not to work with government
Up until they get contacted by someone saying "either you cough up the data and give us full access or you can expect a -very- long stay in Guantanamo (or it's equivalent) for "Complicity in international terrorism", here's a gag order too."
>>
>>377543442
>Posting this misinfo again
NSA pls go
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.