[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you like it? I'm ~2.5 hours in, uninstalled and refund

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: somatitle[1].jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
somatitle[1].jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
Did you like it?
I'm ~2.5 hours in, uninstalled and refund requested.
The part on the ship with the oh so spooky monster that can't even kill you was the last straw.
Seems to be like a typical nu-horror game along the lines of Amnesia, Outlast and to a slightly lesser extent Alien Isolation.
>>
>>377536569
>can't even kill you
Which one? The one with the glowing head who teleports around and causes the screen to glitch by looking at him?
>>
>>377537006
Yes.
>>
File: soma.jpg (169KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
soma.jpg
169KB, 600x450px
Sorry to hear that anon, you just missed a videogame masterpiece.
>>
This game fundamentally annoyed me.

It's almost designed to be watched insetad of played.

The plot is pretty good, and raises some interesting questions, nothing that hasn't necessarily been raised before in other media, but done quite well.

The gameplay however goes from kinda average to full on boring, to repetitive dull "hide from the thing" style gameplay for hours on end.

I got about 7 or so hours in and decided enough was enough and to just watch a let's play. I don't regret it at all.
>>
>>377537146
That's certainly possible, but I kinda doubt it.
I just can't bring myself to like the new breed of horror games where you just hide in closets and consequences for failure are almost non-existent. It's boring to me.
>>
>>377537254
This is basically how I feel about it, I find the gameplay really boring.
Amnesia was already pretty weak on that front, but Soma is even worse.
>>
>>377537446
Yeah, it's a real shame though, cause the plot is great. Like I would watch this if it were a movie and then tell my friends to watch it levels of great.

I'd recommend watching a let's play or something similar anon, it's worth it.
>>
I liked it

in some ways it reminded me of Silent Hill 2; disturbing and depressing subject matter told in a coherent and engaging manner, where enemy encounters take a backseat for exploration and puzzle elements
>>
>>377537046
He can kill you since I died to him a few times. There's also a chase sequence in the same ship where you can die to him as well. From full health it's possible to take a hit and survive but you'll be limping until you find one of the WAU fisting machines.
>>
File: frictional-games-sale.jpg (85KB, 800x415px) Image search: [Google]
frictional-games-sale.jpg
85KB, 800x415px
>>377536569
>2.5 hours in
>still requesting a refund
*keeps your money*
psshh, nothing personnel... kid
>>
Frictional flat out said that they made SOMA the way it was to piss off LPers who used their games to make themselves famous.
>>
I was OK with it since the enemies are more like simple puzzles. Each does its own thing, there's variety across the game, and even if getting knocked out or actually dying doesn't set you back much you still need to get past them. It was a lot better than Amnesia at least, where monsters are literally randomly spawned, wander around, and eventually despawn. Soma's more like Amnesia's water monster, where even though your abilities are severely limited, the thing still has rules that you figure out to succeed.
>>
>>377537146

May nigga!

People went into it expecting a survival horror game and while it did have a few horror elements, it was very philosophical and narrative heavy.

But very well executed; not in a ham fisted, pretentious way.

Finish the game, senpai.
>>
>>377538014
I'm not sure I understand, in what way? It seems pretty similar to me but then I didn't play much of amnesia.
>>
>>377538225
less jumpscary and more thoughtful and deliberate.
>>
File: (You).webm (94KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
(You).webm
94KB, 720x720px
>>377536569
>2.5 hours in, refund
>spooky monster that can't even kill you

Im calling bait, OP probably pussied out after the first monster
>>
>>377536569
>Seems to be like a typical nu-horror game along the lines of Amnesia

No shit, idiot. It's by the makers of Amnesia. Also, you have shit taste, it's pretty cool.
>>
I like it, but I'm also scared to continue.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.