[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MGO2R (Metal Gear Online 2 private server) is likely getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: MGO2R.png (358KB, 593x443px) Image search: [Google]
MGO2R.png
358KB, 593x443px
MGO2R (Metal Gear Online 2 private server) is likely getting released for OFW on June 12th.
>>
>>377531080
>It's really happening
>>
I still need to hack my console, right?
>>
>>377531397
Nope, OFW means official firmware, so non-modified consoles.
>>
fucking fuck i don't have a console anymore
>>
>>377531852
but how? If you have the game patched to the latest version there is no MGO Tab in Main Menu, if I'm not mistaken, since it was removed from game.
>>
>>377533124

Want to know this too please
>>
>>377533124
There's an exploit in the PS3's backup/restore function that let's you restore someone else's data, so you're basically putting modified data on your PS3 through that method.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Doqpc-FiQ0o

The negative is that it does mean you have format your PS3, but you can make your own backup and merge it with theirs if you want to keep your data. Their launcher has an updater, so you don't have to do that whole process every time they release an update.
>>
>>377533124
>>377533434
You basically do a system restore and they figured out how to downgrade the game files when you do this.
>>
File: 10195040.png (30KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
10195040.png
30KB, 633x758px
>2008 was 9 years ago

How did it come to this?
>>
>>377533736
So why is this a thing, but you still need an e3 flasher to downgrade properly? Couldn't they figure out how to do full firmwares yet?
>>
>>377533820

So I won't be able to play anything else? Nice.
>>
>>377534181
No, you will. It just wipes the hard drive when you do this. But like the other anon said (I don't know if they have instructions up right now or not) you can back up your PS3 data and merge it with theirs. If you do this it will be identical to what you had before, just with MGS4's data downgraded so you can play MGO2.
>>
>>377534318

Is it really worth it? I was replaying MGS4 recently and it was clunky as shit. But everyone here treats MGO2 like the bees knees. MGO3 is unbalanced and everyone treats it like call of duty but at least it handles ok
>>
great, can't wait to lag with the other two players on this game.
>>
>>377534318
so it's dead on arrival, no one's gonna do that shit
>>
>>377536003
I'm going to do it.
>>
>>377531080
Why is old snake hotter than young snake?
>>
>>377535286
I like it a lot. Just go watch some gameplay footage of it. MGS4 isn't clunky though, not sure why you think that. But yes, the controls in MGO2 are identical to in MGS4.

>>377535804
>>377536003
They did a poll and got over 1000 responses of people saying they were going to play. Though I don't think the people behind this are stressing the "wipes your PS3" aspect of their install.
>>
>>377536450
k
>>
>>377535804
>>377536003
The game hasn't even had major population issues despite being CFW only. Hell, if some people were willing to buy a whole new CFW PS3 just for MGO2, there's going to be way more who are willing to either wipe or backup their data.
>>
Why did Konami had to turn it off at all?
>>
File: metal-gear-arcade[1].jpg (98KB, 980x500px) Image search: [Google]
metal-gear-arcade[1].jpg
98KB, 980x500px
>>377538595
To promote the arcade game that nobody asked and nobody ended up playing.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.