[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's wrong with WoW? Why did the craze die down? Will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: world-of-warcraft-legion.jpg (303KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
world-of-warcraft-legion.jpg
303KB, 1920x1080px
What's wrong with WoW? Why did the craze die down? Will it ever be big again? What's something Blizz could do to make it as popular as Overwatch again?
>>
Artifact farming
>>
>>377522475

boob slider
>>
>>377522475
Item level scaling. Main leveling scaling was fine, but scaling item level was stupid.
>>
>>377522475
WoW became casual thus making most of even the most dedicated fans of the game leave over the expansions and we all know normies cant keep their focus on one game for long so even the people blizzard was trying to cater to left.
>>
>>377522950
Actually, that's wrong.

Most of the hardcore crowd has stayed on.

It's the casuals that got bored. The "casual" TBC/early wrath player got bored when things were handed to them and there was 0 sense of achievement.

Blizzard assumed that the massive spike in player in TBC and Wrath would continue so they went full casual cater design which in the end bit them in the ass.

If they had gone on and never made it so there's this insane catch up gear that made old tiers irrelevant and basically delete that as content the game would have way more subs.

Same with a ton of other things.
>>
>PvP has never been in a worse state than it is in Legion

this alone makes Legion pure shit, all those shiny epics and legendaries don't mean a god damn thing if the PvP aspect of the game is completely fucked
>>
>>377523329
Most "PvPers" moved to ASSFAGGOTS, leaving only the carebears and their current WoW team is a joke that only reuse assets, so they didn't even bothered with PvP.
>>
File: tfw.png (503KB, 500x570px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
503KB, 500x570px
>tfw got Glad twice in s4 and s6 but now feeling regret that I didn't achieve rank 1 at least once and half-assed my PvP times

almost feel like going back for an expansion to grab rank 1 and feel satisfied, but hear PvP is irredeemably shit now
>>
>gradually killed a sense of community by introducing LFD and then LFR
>targeted the casual base since there are far more casuals than pros to fork over money
>continuously made terrible decisions for the game despite the mass protests of the community
>continuously gutted classes and pruned their abilities over time
>gradually got rid of all the stats you could have from gear to min-max, is now replaced with the basic of basics
>content droughts that lasted 13 months
>dont give a shit about the lore now
>didnt realize they were mortal

the list goes on and on
>>
>>377522475
>Why did the craze die down?

It's been 13 years; WoW has lasted, and will last longer than anyone could have possibly predicted.
>>
>>377522475
MMO's are a huge waste of time and everybody knows it now. After what, 20 attempts to do what WoW doesn't and they were all failures. The genre is fucking dead thanks to it being complete shit.

Literally every other multiplayer game does what WoW does better. If you want skinnerbox shit play something like PoE.
>>
>>377526430
This is the truth, and it's sad to me because this is the genre I grew up with. I played Ultima Online, Everquest, and Dark Age of Camelot with my brothers when I was younger, but WoW was the first MMO that I got super crazy into. After I got bored of WoW, I just kept looking for another game to fulfill my fix. I've tried pretty much every western MMO and some eastern ones that have come out in the past two decades.

It's depressing to see so many of them come up with great and innovative ideas, but then they had other flaws that made the game not do well, so it died.

TERA had interesting combat and a compelling PvP system. SWTOR had an interesting story and at least semi-decent writing compared to most MMORPGS (though they floundered this by doing typical MMO quests under the guise of a story). FFXIV has a really cool class and crafting system and gives players a lot of flexibility, but feels too traditional and doesn't innovate enough to be successful in 2017. Warhammer Online had a really cool PvP system too but was just terribly implemented. Tons of these games have great ideas, and I could go on and on.

If only one MMO could come along that took all the good parts of other games and combined them into one perfect MMORPG.
>>
>>377526430
>MMO's are a huge waste of time and everybody knows it now
Exactly. Why would someone enjoy grinding and leveling up a character to max level during their free time? Why do people enjoy working on a character after a hard day of work? Sane individuals just want to jump into the game and have fun, fuck your To-Do-List. Keep everything except the leveling system -- this is lame as hell. I see nothing wrong with paragon/perk leveling systems, but character leveling itself is worthless.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.