[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you agree with this sentiment? >Even among people who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 64

File: 1.png (181KB, 646x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
181KB, 646x1075px
Do you agree with this sentiment?

>Even among people who aren't consciously doing it, there's always a sense of derision when it comes to talking about Japan or Japanese media
(cont. in the picture)
>>
File: 1494961075585.jpg (391KB, 705x999px) Image search: [Google]
1494961075585.jpg
391KB, 705x999px
>>377521293
Considering all the P5 dick sucking not at all.
>>
>>377521293
BotW and P5 are the highest and second highest games this year, so no.
>>
>>377521462
If any game "transcends anime" its Persona.

Its the ultimate pleb franchise that every SJW fucking adore.
>>
File: 1494015141270.png (304KB, 648x660px) Image search: [Google]
1494015141270.png
304KB, 648x660px
>>377521293
don't get me wrong eleanor is great and all, but
>>
>Some people like X
>Some people like Y

Why is it so hard to simply ACCEPT this?
>>
>/like/
>>
>>377521293
Weebs have terrible victim complexes and are sometimes worse than SJWs.
>>
>>377521293
I do, but when has ever telling narrow minded people that they are narrow minded helped the matters? Ultimately they are the only ones missing out because they end up enjoying less and closing themselves off from potential avenues of entertainment.
>>
>It makes me seem smug
>I need a sense of legitimacy

holy shit self awareness.
>>
>>377521293
>some people don't enjoy tropes associated heavily with anime and manga
>this is a personal attack on me, a weeb
>>
File: 1.png (54KB, 594x438px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
54KB, 594x438px
>>377521462
>>
I do.
I just don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. There is a reason why there is a stigma on japanese pop-culture, for the same reason why there is a similar stigma on majority of comics, fantasy literature etc...
It's because a lot of it - statistically significant portion without a doubt - is at best very difficult to recommend, at worst shit. And that comes from somebody who spend one third of his life watching anime.

Just fucking accept that and do a better job recommending shit to people. It's really not that hard to work with pre-concieved notions of other people if you aren't completely braindead.

Also, the problem is not that it comes from Japan. There is no similar problem when you recommend Japanese literature or cinema. Hell, nobody gives you any funny looks if you recommend Silent Hill 2 or fucking Dark Souls. The problem is with the extreme pop-cultural nature of the so called "weeb shit".
Nier sabotages itself right from the gate with the fucking character design. Of course non-weeb people will not trust it on a fist glance.
>>
File: 1493054119746.jpg (162KB, 687x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1493054119746.jpg
162KB, 687x1024px
>he wants normalfags to get into japanese stuff
>>
>>377521293
>And even when people /like/ a Japanese game or anime, it's because it "transceds culture" or "overcomes its anime-ness" or some shit

Because anime is shit, and the average japanese game is shit. I would never recommend Hyperdimension Neptunia or Akiba's Trip to a person.
>>
File: female_robin.jpg (47KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
female_robin.jpg
47KB, 400x400px
>>377521293
Not really.
Unless you're talking to someone who is a hardcore dudebro who only plays Madden or Fifa, or you're trying to recommend shit that the only thing it has going for it is that its anime (think Neptunia), it isn't too hard to recommend more weeby games like P5 or Nier.
Just recommend them. It's not hard.
>>
Good, Japanese shit should stay with as much stigma as possible attached to it, let one normalfags stick to it like leeches.
>>
>>377521293
It's literally the reverse where I am from.
>>
REAL FUCKIN' TALK: YOU ARE AN INFERIOR GAMER IF YOU DON'T PLAY GAMES FROM THE WEST AND FROM JAPAN TOO.

>>377522203
>There is a reason why there is a stigma on japanese pop-culture, for the same reason why there is a similar stigma on majority of comics, fantasy literature etc
Except you don't have to fucking push and sell to get your peers to try one of those things, but if your game recommendation is Japanese? You better have a full fucking sales pitch to give people, or they'll just shrug.

>>377522376
She just wants people to stop being so fucking biased. She shouldn't have to convince people that a "weird lookin" Japanese game is worth playing.
>>
>>377522495
>Just recommend them
You clearly have no understanding of that she's saying. She's saying she has to convince people further than just recommending, because people treat JP games like second tier experiences.
>>
>>377521293
Weebs should all kill themselves
>>
>>377522713
>She shouldn't have to convince people that a "weird lookin" Japanese game is worth playing.
Actually that is exactly what she should be doing. The bias is there for a reason. It's not fucking groundless.
>>
>>377521293
Anime is on par with marvel/DC to most people, but without the connections those things have to their childhood. So it's not viewed as an embracing of the inner child, it's just straight up manchild. The reality is both can be used to deliver damn good stories, but their aesthetic is juvenile, as are their tropes. After a lot of exposure it just becomes a normal thing, and those that break through the western barrier are usually lax on the anime-tropes because anime is mostly shit. Like comics.
>>
>>377522882
>Actually that is exactly what she should be doing.
No. Because that implies that most Japanese games are dogshit, and the REAL reality is that most of ALL games are dogshit and not whatever the fuck you or some other fag was trying to push about how Jap games are generally shit.

Being set against it because it's Japanese makes you a fucking shistain of a gamer.
>>
File: drinking.jpg (58KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
drinking.jpg
58KB, 640x853px
>>377522796
Well, then just do those few backflips. It's not hard.
>"Hey, do you know of any good games that came out recently?"
>"Persona 5 is pretty good."
>"That one looks pretty weird. I love RPGs, but I'm not sure it's for me."
>"Nah, it's a pretty great game. Beneath the anime exterior there's a fantastic experience to be had."
>"Alright, I'll check it out."
If they just don't want to play Japanese games, then there's literally zero reason to force them to. If someone is going to judge a game based on whether its anime or not, then just let them.
>>
Maybe because 99% of the trash weeaboos rave about is literal trash (sometimes not even games) selling purely from fanservice.

It's no surprise then when people are skeptical on your tastes, much less aware of your bias.
>>
>>377523048
>"Nah, it's a pretty great game. Beneath the anime exterior there's a fantastic experience to be had."
>"Alright, I'll check it out."
This is the part she's trying to cut out. I completely sympathize. I really shouldn't have to tell you that the game is worth it "despite" something. The hesitation on a suggestion should center entirely on the genre/gameplay and not something so trivial as the country of origin.

> If someone is going to judge a game based on whether its anime or not, then just let them.
That's what most of us well rounded or weeb gamers do. but it's fucking tiresome trying to talk games with people when you're always on the backfoot because everybody is a biased fucktard.
>>
No.

I have 4 friends in college.
Two of them talk about Metal Gear and Dark Souls all the time.
The other two read anime and watch manga.
In my country nobody cares if you enjoy Japanese media

Is this "anti-weeb" sentiment an American thing?
Is it jealousy?
>>
>>377523284
>Metal Gear and Dark Souls

Barely counts as Japanese.
>>
>>377523284

Yes, japanese entertainment has been pretty much better than western one for a while
>>
Reminder that unless you play all your Japanese games fully in Japanese (text and voices), you're still an EOP = barely any better than idiots who play western games.
>>
>>377523284
Americans are ignorant mouthbreathing retards who aren't readily open to new or exotic experiences. Anybody can tell you that when abroad, Americans look unhappy and stressed out. It's hilarious. My friend always said they look like they're angry that this foreign country they've spent money to visit isn't exactly like home.
>>
I have no problem talking about weeb shit to my non-white friends. It probably helps that I'm Asian (but not necessarily Japanese)
>>
>>377521293
Nintendo is japanese and it's the normiest shit you can imagine but I get what he means. You can blame the weebs and their shit taste for ruining Japanese media in the west.
>>
File: Weebs.jpg (287KB, 1277x740px) Image search: [Google]
Weebs.jpg
287KB, 1277x740px
Why do you weebs want anime culture to become normalfags mainstream city?
>>
>>377523784
What's up with Eromanga Sensei, a show about 12 year olds wanting the MC's dick, being so popular among normalfags?
>>
>>377522376
The average game in general is shit. The percentage of good Japanese games is a hell of a lot higher than western ones.
>>
>>377523784
I don't even know who the fuck this is
>>
>>377523061
This. Japshit is a regressive tumor on gaming that repeatedly denies that in this day and age, the gay cartoon aesthetic that all easternshit tries to push will never be considered a selling point and only serves to hold gaming back and prevent it from evolving as a medium.
>ooh is day vuchuaa rearity gam?
>TOO BAD ROFURU INFECTU IT WIDDU VEE AHH HENTAI WAIFU GAMU
There's a reason Summer Lesson got banned from the US.
>>
>>377521818
>>377521925
This. People avoid "Japanese-style" media because weebs embody the most obnoxious aspects of it. Stop trying to jam your moeblob loli garbage in everyone's faces all the time and maybe people won't have such a knee jerk reaction to Eastern media.
>>
>>377523784

It already is, but weebs are trying to cling onto the past when it was nothing a niche. Video games were in the same spot 20 years ago and have gradually become more appealing to mainstream society. Anime is slowly going down that trend.
>>
>>377521760
Pretty much this.
He is literally just sperging that some people dont like anime.
>>
Do you like fast paced, combo heavy action games? Get Nier.
Boom, simple. Stop being a fucking high-and-might smug little shit.
>>
>>377523884
I have no idea.

Its the same as Dragon Maid last season. A SoL show full of loli sexualization and yet the normalfags were loving it.

I want this ironic weebs fad to end.
>>
>>377523023
The likelyhood that a Japanese "weeb" game will appeal to average non-weeb western audience is smaller than the likelyhood that a western game will. That is a pretty simple fact. Just like there is a stigma towards western games in Japan: it's a product of people having negative experience with the common prevailent trends in the medium.

>Being set against it because it's Japanese makes you a fucking shistain of a gamer.
Being weary of something that is extremly rich with patterns and trends you are extremely likely to find annoying just makes you normal. It's wrong to assume that it's shit because it's Japanese, period. It is completely normal to assume that it's MOST LIKELY shit because it's Japanese.
>>
>>377521462
What exactly is so special about Persona anyways? Every time I see a /v/ thread about it, it's just scenes of people in high school talking to each other.
>>
>games with a multimillion dollar marketing budget sell more than games advertised through word of mouth alone

auughh... iii... cant believe this..
>>
File: 1494354024032.png (611KB, 803x593px) Image search: [Google]
1494354024032.png
611KB, 803x593px
>>377521462
>persona
>>
>>377524131
Maid Dragon was a good show, I bet you didn't watch it
>>
>>377521760

It's more like people like X and tell others that X is better than Y. Meanwhile, people that like Y see nothing but X being promoted everywhere.
Same goes if you switch X and Y around.
>>
>>377523284
Americans still get mad at Japan over Pearl Harbour.
I've heard people talk shit about anything asian related by saying "fuck those pearl harbour bombing gooks"

Doesn't matter where you come from, if you're asian you're either Chinese or Japanese to them
>>
>>377524248
>Monogatari
Nobody cares about that outside of /a/
>>
>>377524131
Normalfags don't watch anime. They're just more obnoxiously vocal weeaboos, albeit weeaboos that still say the same shit and watch the same shit as you faggots. You're just despised by the world handing you a mirror for your cancerous faggotry and so I deluded yourself into thinking it isn't people like yourself in order to free yourself from criticism and self improvement.

KYS weeb scum.
>>
>>377524238
> weebshit isn't heavily advertised
kek
>>
>>377524356
Hang yourself you deluded swine
>>
>>377521293
>has a anime pic as his main image
>expects people to take him serious
Lol
>>
>>377521604
>Transcends anime
>Is literally made for weeaboos
No
>>
File: 1469316169715.jpg (209KB, 1280x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1469316169715.jpg
209KB, 1280x1136px
>>377524252
Im not saying its a bad anime.

Usually normalfags were just sticking with the occasional FOTM show like Re:Zero, AoT, SAO but now even them watch SoL show about little girls. I just want to understand what the fuck happened especially when said shows have sexualization of little girls.

Two years ago we were disgusting pedo freak and now two years laters its ''OH YEAH BRO GOTTA SEX KANNA SHES SO HOT POST MORE MY MAN''
>>
>>377523209
>fucktard XD
Reeks of underage and tumblr. Come back at 18 or not at all
>>
Its the exact same thing in Japan about western games
People prefer stuff that is made for them and about their culture what a shock huh
>>
>>377524158
No it's not. Any and all games are likely to be trash. Worrying about national origin is fundamentally idiotic. The same spotty quality levels exist no matter where a game comes from.
>>
>>377524329

>Americans still get mad at Japan over Pearl Harbour.

Midwest and Southern rednecks may still have that mentality, but I don't think most teenage Americans give a shit or know about Pearl Harbor
>>
>>377521293
Kill yourself for reposting this same shit for months now.
>>
>>377524365
Name a japanese not nintendo game more advertised than mainstream USA games.
>>
>>377524435
>For years weeaboos cry about anti anime normalfags bitching at the vocal minority of weeaboos for being faggots
>Now there's more anime fans
>Weeaboos somehow still end up blaming normalfags despite them just previously hating anime

You're a special kind of retarded.
>>
>>377524563
>but I don't think most teenage Americans give a shit or know about Pearl Harbor
They inherit the hatred from their parents. They don't need to know about Pearl Harbour
>>
>>377521293
Jesus fucking christ who the fuck CARES!? What the fuck is it with us Americans and trying to turn every minor thing into a big fucking deal.
>>
>>377522376
Best post in the thread
>>
>>377524492
People are getting more exposure to loli characters and realizing that they're fucking cartoons and not actual children.
>>
Maybe if 70% of the Japanese game's weren't using cute anime girls as a crutch, people would look them differently.

Not saying there's anything bad to it. I do love me some anime butts and shit, but most normies find """excessive""" fanservice off-putting.
>>
>>377524492
Its just memes they probably dont really care about it they only like sharing le anime girl pic on their twatter
I think it all started with umaru
>>
>>377524492
They got CrunchyRoll to watch new episodes of normie shit, then decided to check out what else was available on the site.
>>
>>377524596
You are talking out your ass.
>>
>>377524329
I've never once heard anyone in my actual life bitch about Pearl Harbor, you're absolutely full of shit. I'd call you a leaf, but you clearly hail from the jihad zone.
>>
>>377524543
Are you denying that Jap games are very likely to bear very similar traits? Traits that many people find very easily objectionable?
Rest of your stupid rambling and random "look at me how kewl I am for saying "everything is shit" is irrelevant.
>>
>>377524441
I literally think of anyone as a joke if they have anime avatar.
>>
>>377524587

Take a look at the Steam front page from time to time.
>>
>>377521293
fucking weeb
>>
>>377524534
>Ignorant and shallow people prefer to stay in a comfort zone
ftfy
>>
>>377524740
I do the same but with pepe/meme avatars
>>
The less normalfags, the better.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>377524846
They are all the same now really.
>>
>>377524673
>>377524694
>>377524642
This is all just so unnatural to me. Its there is one thing normalfags don't want any association with its definitely pedophilia.
>>
>>377524865
I don't care, normalfags can be nice people.
Just stay off 4chan
>>
>>377521293
No I don't agree. People don't like gay Japanese anime shit. Good stuff from japan like Dark Souls and Metal Gear get the recognition they deserve because they're not gay anime cringey shit and are actually good.
>>
>>377524737
Not him but I've heard people say similar things before.
I live in rural west Texas though so most people here are pretty racist, probably not an accurate representation of Americans
>>
>>377524865
True, ideally games wouldn't be even translated to English.
>>
>>377524763
>DUDE ANIME WEEKEND SALE

Wow sick advertisement.
>>
>>377524897
Its all a meme dude they dont think is pedo
Is just the "in" thing right now.
>Im such a weeb lmao look at my anime avatar and the anime references I make in my posts
>>
>>377524897
loli isn't the equivalent to real cp, fuck off
>>
>>377524942
Can you at least try to pretend you're old enough to post here?
>>
>>377524739
>Are you denying that Jap games are very likely to bear very similar traits?
Sure. But I'm mostly telling you to shut the fuck up and realize that these "typical JP flaws" you're thinking about have western equivalents.

>Rest of your stupid rambling and random "look at me how kewl I am for saying "everything is shit" is irrelevant.
You're cute. I threw an argument at you that you can't rebutt, so you've decided t openly ignore it.

All games share the exact same probability of being good or being bad.
>>
>>377524492
Wait, I always thought that was a loli(male)

My whole life's been a lie
>>
>>377521293
No. This person seems like a teenager or manchild.
>>
>>377524991
So they pretend to like it just to feel cool? Like the ''haha such a video games nerd xD'' type of people?

>>377524995
Not what I think either but to a normalfags yes loli can be considered pedophilia.
>>
>>377521293
I always have fun with "Japanese culture experts"
>>
>>377525075
Read the rules and lurk more.
>>
>>377524956
I mean it doesn't surprise me that older people might old those views or a certain segment of people, but Pearl Harbor grudge holding is by no means an American thing at large. Hell, even 9/11 grudge holding has cooled down massively with all these cucks wanting to let towelheads in in droves. Japanese shit is popular as hell in the US and in no way drums up any controversy simply for being Japanese (subject matter is another thing).
>>
>>377524846
Same shit.
>>
>>377525132
Hahaha, me too, /r/japancirclejerk bro.
>>
Japanese games deserve the stigma imo.
>>
>>377525106
Exactly, this is the new "Im so special Im a nerd/gamer"
Normalfags trying to seem cool to their peers by being into unusual stuff, teens looking for identity.
Happens constantly
>>
>>377521293
These are just the rankings of an insecure, delusional neckbeard. Most people don't watch or like foreign things, it has nothing to do with his "special" Japanese media. Even a cursory look at the history of Orientalism will reveal how attitudes toward the art of Japan change and shift over time, so even if there is an attitude of derision towards Japanese works now, it's totally ephemeral and likely to be gone in short order.
>>
>>377524865
I can't prove you wrong. Its crazy to think some people here actually want otaku culture to become socially acceptable or something.

>this person hate what I like waaaaah

Who the fuck cares you goddamn weeb.
>>
>>377524973

Considering Steam is the most popular PC gaming software, yea its a big deal. Oh and Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Street Fighter, and more recently games like Bloodbourne.
>>
>>377525187
>Same shit.
Not really, I like anyone who uses non-obnoxious anime/manga avatars because it proves they're actually interested in the medium and not attention seekers.
>>
>>377522074
Honestly feel the same way.

Like when you idiots come on here talking about persona 5s plot and I'm sitting here playing the same game and people are trying their best to polish a turd.

Don't get me wrong I like the confidants and the combat but the story isn't grabbing me as much as persona 3. I just skip shit when it's dragging on and stop at the end.
>>
>>377521293
yes because japanese stuff has gross often pedo smut all through it. of course people need to go, 'i like this, but i acknowledge that it's reprehensible if you think about it.' otherwise everyone they love would leave them. duh
>>
>>377524942
>Metal Gear
>not cringey shit
How to spot someone who has never played a single Metal Gear Solid game.
>>
File: moe.jpg (68KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
moe.jpg
68KB, 640x360px
>>377523284
People in america don't hate japanese media. They like conventional anime, and the popular franchises like mgs, silent hill, resident evil, dark souls, nintendo, etc. They just don't like fucking moe, that's what it comes down to.
>>
File: 1369091242429.jpg (76KB, 667x476px) Image search: [Google]
1369091242429.jpg
76KB, 667x476px
>>377525250
This is making me sad. I don't want this.
>>
>>377525265
Besides, who really cares? The world doesn't revolve around the whims of an unappreciative American audience. Only a weeb would waste time getting worked up about something so insignificant.
>>
File: even in your anime, TODD.jpg (139KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
even in your anime, TODD.jpg
139KB, 1280x720px
The distaste for japanese games amongst the modern gamer and gaming press is due to them only getting into playing video games when Microsoft courted the dudebro audience with the XBAWKZ and the western industry made sure to tell their shills to shit on japanese products because they're competition. I mean, shit, didn't that """Famous"""" e-celeb cancer LPer Angry Mexican only start playing video games with the 360? That's the audience that would immediately scoff at japanese games, or even scoff at playing older western PC games.
>>
>>377525250
>Weeaboos use anime character avatars for years, have gay weeaboo erp cybersex over steam, and have their profiles dedicated to their whyfoos
>Suddenly only people that do this now are normalfags even though normalfags never had or will watch anime

Weeaboos bitching about how cancerous they are, deflecting from the fact that they too are exactly the god damn same.
>>
Did he... she... ever consider that maybe the people it is trying to push the products on just don't give a shit?

I mean if it was trying to sell it to their "friends", they probably wouldn't shit talk them on social media, so it's probably talking about posting online or to randoms on the street.

Either way after 5 seconds of deliberating I can confirm with me, myself and I that this person is a certified retard.
>>
File: japan.jpg (184KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
japan.jpg
184KB, 600x450px
THIS is Japanese culture in a nutshell. If you are seriously defending this kind of pedo shit, there is something seriously wrong with you.
>>
>>377525430
If its any consolation most of them they will grow out of it when they hit 25 or so.
>>
>>377525014
>Sure.
Then the argument is done. It's because these flaws bother people, and since they are more likely to appear in a Japanese games, people will be more weary of Japanese fucking titles. End of discussion.

>you're thinking about have western equivalents.
These typically Japanese issues bother more people more than the typical flaws of the western ones. That is all. No fucking magic here: People correctly assume that western games will annoy them less than the Jap ones, and they are, for the most time, absolutely right. What YOU think does not fucking matter at all.

>You're cute.
And you are stupid. I don't see how either of those two statements are relevant to anything.

>I threw an argument at you that you can't rebutt, so you've decided t openly ignore it.
You did not use an argument at all. "ALL GAMES SHIT DURR" is not really an argument, it's a vapid, shallow and largely incorrect generalization. And it's irrelevant because this discussion is about issues that the particular audience is statistically more likely to find annoying, not what you think about the industry.

>All games share the exact same probability of being good or being bad.
But not the same probability of being actually enjoyed by an audience with particular likes and dislikes, moron. Japanese games are more likely to contain weebshit elements. Most people find those annoying. Most people will not enjoy weebshit games, which is why they generally look at them with serious suspicions and they are completely right to do so. END OF THE DEBATE.
>>
File: IMG_0194.jpg (69KB, 665x598px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0194.jpg
69KB, 665x598px
Oh yeah, I always take video game recommendations from people with anime avatars. As we all know, they tend to not be swooned away by female characters and plot and not make big deal out of what country made the game.
>>
>>377525009
It's true though. The only people who like anime and that kind of shit are manchildren and pedophiles.
>>
>>377525413
Can't blame them when moeshit eaters are obnoxious as fuck.

Literally furry tier of cancer.
>>
>>377521293
thing is that thing you like so much is shit and people rightfully point it out and refuse to watch it.
Some oof my best friends are constantly trying to make me watch that shit and its awful and they dont even get why its awful as in they dont see it even if its so blatantly there,
So i respectfuly decline and they get pushy because i like animation and i draw and i even really like some anime then i must also love that over the top trendy shit they watch right?
I dont like it and i dont like it because its bad get it to your head, i dont care if you watch and enjoy that shit but dont try to include me into it
>>
>>377525471
People that do that were always cancer
We oldfags from the pirated VHS days never took part in such faggotry
>>
>>377525265
That is really so very wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to begin.
I love how you people can't even acknowledge that the issue is clearly not with all Japanese stuff, but with ostentively anime-style pop-culture only. Fuck me.
>>
>>377525265
you seem like that one snobby pc elitist with a man bun and neck beard that has shit taste but tries to act better than everyone, am i close?
>>
>>377525467
Arrow in the knee is an actual historical reference to marrying a woman.
>>
>>377525718
Exactly this
Pokemon and AC are insane popular
Its the anime tropes what drives people away and they thing in OP picture is likely an obnoxious weeb that likely reads LNs and think they are good.
>>
>>377525482
That pic is a shop.
>>
>>377525597
Yeah dude I was reading Vagabond earlier and the one thing that was on my mind while reading was the thought of molesting children.

Fucking kill yourself
>>
File: 1341075960106.jpg (24KB, 251x189px) Image search: [Google]
1341075960106.jpg
24KB, 251x189px
>>377521293
>twitter
>women
>weeb
>>
>>377525669
Except that is exactly what you did. Just like this group, you're deluding yourself into thinking "whoa, I was not this much of a faggot" when that's exactly what you were and still are. You just finally have a mirror to look at.
>>
File: joker.png (2MB, 956x2102px) Image search: [Google]
joker.png
2MB, 956x2102px
>>377524131
>thinks it's ever going to end

Anon...as long as women get attention from it anime will always be accepted by normies
>>
File: 1474932896844.gif (2MB, 400x232px) Image search: [Google]
1474932896844.gif
2MB, 400x232px
>>377525574
>. It's because these flaws bother people, and since they are more likely to appear in a Japanese games, people will be more weary of Japanese fucking titles
Learn to spell my friend.

>These typically Japanese issues bother more people more than the typical flaws of the western ones.
Yeah, because they're ignorant mouthbreathing American shitstains. Y do realize the US took an entire fucking decade to warm up to ITALIAN food? PIZZA was a fucking exotic treat almost 50 years ago. Fucking Americans. So fucking scared of new and different things.

You're defending a hopeless shallow mindset. I genuinely hope you die unsatisfied with your bland shithole life.

>You did not use an argument at all. "ALL GAMES SHIT DURR" is not really an argument,
Yes it is. You're the only person in this whole thread who ACTUALLY thinks JP games are LEGITIMATELY more likely to be inferior. It's like you forget that 99% of the "worst games of all time" came out of the West. I don't see any gook names on Ride to Hell or Superman 64.
>>
>>377525886
I dont even like anime anymore though.
But sure I was a fag in my teen years thank god there was no internet back then.
>>
>>377524865
NEETS and waifufags wouldn't be able to make the world function, they cant even function properly outside of their safe space. shit talk normalfags all you want but its their contributions to society that built the electrical infrastructure and made it so you can download loli pictures straight to your parents house
>>
>>377525912
Why do weebs care about 3DPD women now?
>>
>>377524131
maybe you should just fix your shit taste
>>
>>377525837
>Yeah dude I was reading Vagabond earlier and the one thing that was on my mind while reading was the thought of molesting children.

See. I'm fucking right. You even admitted it.
>>
>>377524054
It's a little more. They're sperging that the west don't like eastern stuff. Pretty damn obvious shit right there.
>>
>>377525959
Jap games are inferior in that they rarely innovate and focus on the same tired genres
>>
>>377526080
Are you one of those ''I only watch 80's and 90's anime'' kind of people?
>>
>>377526090
That was sarcasm, you probably couldn't detect that since you have extreme autism.
>>
>>377526109
hows cod and battlefield treating you amerifat?
>>
Anime is the "im not like the other normies" fandom now. Deal with it
>>
>>377526109
Western games do the exact same
>>
>>377521293
People would take him more seriously if he choose best girl
>>
File: 1494702840991.jpg (58KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
1494702840991.jpg
58KB, 700x393px
hahaha reeeeeeee fuk normies right guys???????

*go back watching anime on netflix with my gf*
>>
It's not about the Japanese media it's about the people outside of Japan that obsess over it. If it weren't for weeaboos anime wouldn't be as frowned upon in our culture.
>>
>>377526257
I don't care, I prefer manga anyway.
>>
Because weebshit is annoying in a way other shit isn't. I've watched anime, read manga, and played Japanese video games, and have enjoyed them all, but a good portion of it is nothing but shitty fanservice. It doesn't help that the people who do it post with anime girls as their avatars and go on and on about "muh waifuism". It's fucking annoying in a way that fans of other interests simply aren't.
>>
Who invented video games?
The west
Who did 3d first
The west
Who made new gameplay when japs were only doing side scrollers
The west
>>
File: 255.png (39KB, 1441x769px) Image search: [Google]
255.png
39KB, 1441x769px
>>377526172
Hey guess what faggot. My statement was ALSO sarcasm. The fact that you could not detect that may indicate that it is actually YOU who has autism!
>>
Japs are trying to turn games into gambling simulators your opinion is invalid.
>>
>>377526404
>but a good portion of it is nothing but shitty fanservice.
Wanna know why?

Because it's main audience is 18-25 year old anti-social NEET virgins living in Japan.

Why do you think so much garbage these days have NEET protagonists who have cute girls slobbering all over them?
>>
>>377526350
Why doesn't weeaboos get the same treatment as furfags?

They are both exactly acting the same but I see less hatred for weebs. Actually I think weebs are even more annoying than fur shitters.
>>
File: Nikola Tesla.jpg (1MB, 2563x3348px) Image search: [Google]
Nikola Tesla.jpg
1MB, 2563x3348px
>>377526041
>its their contributions to society that built the electrical infrastructure
>>
>>377526617
Isnt it funny that anime going mainstream could actually make it better
>>
>>377526426
Why didn't you just admit you know fuck all about manga then?
>>
File: 2343211234.jpg (18KB, 295x416px) Image search: [Google]
2343211234.jpg
18KB, 295x416px
Why do you care if people don't want to try out japanese games? yeah, they're missing out but what do you care? just move on and enjoy the vidyas, nigga.
>>
>>377526658
You haven't been around 4chan long then. Weebs would get bootyblasted the second a normalfag would call them out on how much of a faggot they are.

Now normalfags are apparently to blame for the shit that they've been doing for years. Weebs just can't stand the sight of themselves.
>>
>>377521293
>twitter
no
>>
>>377526658
Weebs get off to a portrayal of humans, furries are seen as people that wanna fuck dogs and cats.
>>
File: a68.jpg (15KB, 200x271px) Image search: [Google]
a68.jpg
15KB, 200x271px
There's obviously a cultural barrier, it's not because people try to actively avoid Japanese media because they are japanese.
Even if you were to translate it, or learn japanese yourself, there are simply a LOT of subtleties and details you will not get unless you're Japanese yourself. Japanese Media, from their movies, or cartoons or jokes, is simply made for a japnese public in mind. It shouldn't be surprising to see non-japanese people put off by it constantly, that is to be expected, even subcounsciously.
>>
>>377526732
Explain to me how.
>>
>>377526793
>Weebs just can't stand the sight of themselves.

This is exactly why they pretend to be little girls on /a/
>>
>>377526870
>on /a/
And steam, twitter, /v/, and anywhere else where they'll try and cybersex with other faggot manchildren weeaboos.
>>
>>377521293
I don't care about some dumb weeb.
>>
>>377526861
Less stagnation.
And more money going into it means animation that doesnt look like complete ass.

Of course if all you want it more of the same this will seem like a tragedy
Personally I dont care much one way or the other
>>
>>377526858
Japanese culture is based around being bitch slapped with two nukes
>>
>>377526840
A lots of weebs are pedophiles in denial. Both of them are degenerate retards.
>>
fuck japan
>>
>>377524182
Its tasty bait for the "ironic weeb" crowd.
>>
>>377527030
I'm not defending weeks or furries, both are degenerates. It's just the public eye sees them differently.
>>
>>377521293
No? Japanese media is fucking huge. Have you not crawled the internet for longer than a couple days?

It entirely depends on the community though. You try posting about popular western games here and people flip their shit. You try posting about lesser known titles on neogaf and people flip their shit. Japanese media on Twitter and the like and some people might flip their shit. Who even cares?
>>
File: 1490718179959.jpg (70KB, 300x220px) Image search: [Google]
1490718179959.jpg
70KB, 300x220px
>>377525430
It was inevitable; it happened to comics, it happened to videogames, and it was going to happen to anime eventually. I doubt this deluge of casuals will cause any significant change in the anime industry, but I feel somewhat sorry for people who have an invested interest in anime because anime discussion is going to gradually go to shit (if it hasn't already).
>>
>>377524865
Don't really care because I can just ignore them.
>>
>>377524248
>Touhou not there
good list.
>>
>>377527348
Good thing I'm mainly into media that's Japanese only - eroge and to much lesser extent LNs.
>>
>>377527283
People on /v/ will flip their shit on any games western or japanese it doesn't matter.
>>
>>377527348
>Implying anything's changed
It's literally the exact same shit you weebs have been doing for years, just more vocal now.
>>
File: IMG_20170513_190226173.jpg (4MB, 5344x3006px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170513_190226173.jpg
4MB, 5344x3006px
Not really. My local arcade has shit loads of Japanese machines and everyone plays them.

This person in OP and people who agree in this thread conveniently omit Japanese blockbusters again and again. Zelda was a thing this year. Likely will be up for consideration for GOTY. Most party games and games with more than 2 players are Japanese.
>>
>>377526215
Probably better than the horde of third worlders waiting outside your door treat you
>>
>>377521293
>a sense of legitimacy
Why? They not being a potential audience and seeing it as illegitimate, is why it can be something that caters more specifically to your smaller group.
>>
What is it about weebs that gives them such an air of asshurt all the time? You'd almost think the smug, "ironic" anime avatars and profile pics are there to mask their rampant insecurity.
>>
>>377527445
Best taste
VNs have better stories than any anime or manga
>>
File: 1380406257988.jpg (114KB, 769x672px) Image search: [Google]
1380406257988.jpg
114KB, 769x672px
>>377527348
I actually stopped watching anime because of this.

Yeah I know im a fucking retards for normalfags get to me like this but everytime I was watching something it just reminded me of these ironic weebs. I just could not enjoy anime anymore.
>>
File: p5sjwbullshit.png (989KB, 1132x947px) Image search: [Google]
p5sjwbullshit.png
989KB, 1132x947px
>>377521604
SJWs will find a way to be offended by anything, no matter how hard it caters to them.
>>
File: 1495125156634.jpg (97KB, 520x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495125156634.jpg
97KB, 520x600px
>A sense of legitamacy
What? They are legit. Different cultures, different preferences etc. Who cares?
>>
I'm glad normalfags will stay away from my superior Japanese games
>>
>>377527624
>Normalfags
Normalfags don't watch anime. Keep getting pissed that you've only just now realized how much of a faggot you've been all this time.
>>
File: crunchyroll.png (594KB, 975x734px) Image search: [Google]
crunchyroll.png
594KB, 975x734px
I'll just leave this here.
>>
>>377527581
I think thats what I need to do. Get into VNs.
>>
>>377527675
Which is why pandering to them is about the dumbest thing imaginable for a game dev to do. Never apologize to them
>>
File: 1493569084314.jpg (95KB, 563x364px) Image search: [Google]
1493569084314.jpg
95KB, 563x364px
>>377527624
Normalfags ruined JoJo for me, it's how I mainly started losing interest in JoJo and anime in general, haven't watched or read any anime/manga these last 2 years.
>>
File: 1494349485686.jpg (77KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1494349485686.jpg
77KB, 750x1000px
>>377527731
You've been saying this for the whole threads and no I don't believe you.
>>
>>377527745
Start by unEOPing yourself.
>>
>>377527458
>using Mario Kart as an example

I mean come on mate you know what the faggot in the OP actually mean by japanese games.
>>
>>377527868
>You've been saying this for the whole thread
I just said it this once, but stay mad that even after multiple people tell you otherwise you can't accept the truth.

That other poster is right on the nose with the delusion.
>>
>>377527675
P6 will mark the end of the series right?
>>
>>377527540
The only asshurt one here is you, getting mad at other people for expressing their interest in something is pathetic.
>>
File: 1462123865700.jpg (92KB, 640x553px) Image search: [Google]
1462123865700.jpg
92KB, 640x553px
Is anyone else unable to make new threads? It just keeps coming up with Updating Index instead of posting a thread. Firefox user. I can post replies just fine.
>>
File: 1360300223367.gif (2MB, 296x248px) Image search: [Google]
1360300223367.gif
2MB, 296x248px
>>377527732
>they are people on /a/ and /v/ right now as we speak who pay for this
>>
File: 1329720499012.png (4KB, 302x237px) Image search: [Google]
1329720499012.png
4KB, 302x237px
>>377521293

>"it's hard to build a sense of legitimacy from what I enjoy with all this going on"

Why the fuck doe this retard care about being 'legitimate'? Is it not enough to just enjoy things anymore?
>>
File: 1494569533807.png (824KB, 780x617px) Image search: [Google]
1494569533807.png
824KB, 780x617px
Lets not forget about the cancer that is red- I mean /pol/ here.
>>
>>377528042
Sure thing. Certainly weebs don't get asshurt when you mention you're not a fan of anime art styles, or katana wankery, or high school settings, or "cuhrayze combat" games that all have simple mechanics and have still failed to surpass NGB, a game from 2002. Weebs have tricked themselves into believing that everything nippon is superior and they consistently get upset if you don't agree.
>>
>>377527793
Jojo anime was a mistake.
>>
>>377528171
He's trying to gain some sort of social legitimacy.

The worst kind of people are those who want to be approved for liking something instead of just keeping it to themselves.
>>
>>377527868
Most of this board is too impressionable to understand there's a difference between some twitter discord 'weeb' nobility faggot and some guy who watches anime. You know that /a/ would despise most of the 'stylish weeb' shit people are complaining about here? Campaign against 'thuh weebs' has been rampant on /v/, I'm guessing there is some faction of people who have been accumulating extreme distaste for anime girls over the years and waited until it was politically appropriate so to speak to start educating the masses.
>>377528242
No this is the actual definition of weeaboo not the way you or anyone else is using it now
>>
File: 1494119625260.png (691KB, 524x525px) Image search: [Google]
1494119625260.png
691KB, 524x525px
>>377528261
It really was, it was alright during PB but after BT hit, it got REALLYY bad. I wish I could just ignore the fans but fuck me, it's impossible.
>>
>>377528242
Bloodborne is the best game of the past decade, their attitude certainly isn't unfounded.

Meanwhile the only good western games these days are indies.
>>
>>377527581
I get what you're saying but I've yet to find a VN with English translation that casters to what I'm looking for, while I've found multiple anime series
>>
>>377528412
>Bloodborne is the best game of the past decade
I was bored with it. Found it to be a watered-down experience that lacked the replayability of previous Souls titles, stopped on my second run.
>>
>>377528620
Still better than any western game I've played personally, though I respect your opinion.
>>
>>377522074
>nigh intelligible
Reading comprehension of a literal monkey confirmed.
The localization has problems, a lot of them, but the game can be understood perfectly.
>>
File: 1426356935757.png (895KB, 3000x1360px) Image search: [Google]
1426356935757.png
895KB, 3000x1360px
>>377521293
Yes, it's a great sentiment. Keeps normies and casuals away from good video games, weeds out the faggots.
>>
File: goofysmile.png (152KB, 935x855px) Image search: [Google]
goofysmile.png
152KB, 935x855px
>>377528261
>adaptation of a series that brought it to a whole new level of popularity
>the fanbase went to shit as a result

What's her name?
>>
>>377528683
For Western games, I really liked Wolfenstein TNO and Doom, but TNO moreso. They're shooters, but I thought they were a good break from the floaty gameplay that permeates Halo, CoD, and Titanfall. Other than that I couldn't really tell you of any great Western games that weren't indies, like you said.
>>
File: Capture.png (16KB, 175x184px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
16KB, 175x184px
>>377528891
Why do you start hating something because of the fanbase?
If that's the case you must not like it very much in the first place.
>>
>>377528891
Everything.
>>
>>377529023
Anon said nothing about hating the series, just the fanbase.
>>
definitely seems to be the case in gaming "journalism", not so much for the actual people who play games
>>
>>377528891
Dead Rising
The fanbase went shit then the games went shit, and it was a self repeating cycle
>>
>>377528978
So you love FPS games even though they've barely evolved but you criticize Japanese action games for barely growing bast Ninja Gaiden.

Talk about hypocrisy
>>
>>377521293
It's really just the weebshit that animefags seem to think is high art because it gets their panties wet. Everything else is fine, but people really only think about anime when they think of japan because of the insufferable faggotry that is you weebs.
>>
>>377529023
I don't hate the original work, obviously. Using those two examples, JoJo and OPM are still great series regardless of the people who like them. It's just that the insufferability of the fanbase these days makes good discussion of the series nearly impossible, and that upsets me.
>>
>>377527732
I don't get it. Dyed hair?
>>
>ugh normalfags ugh

kek
you losers
>>
>>377529257
Women.
>>
>>377529230
/a/ always has good discussions about OPM and JoJo if that's what you're looking for.
>>
>Weebshitter claiming Japan is holier than thou
In other news water is wet. More at 11
>>
>>377529154
Were you waiting for that? And you said you weren't asshurt. I said I loved two FPS games out of an industry that's plagued with shitty ones, and maybe if you had played them you could spot the difference. Meanwhile between Bayonetta, MGR, and Nier Automata, none of the games do anything drastically different from the other and I typically find the games rife with emotional manipulation meant to make the player feel like they're doing more than they really are. The best example of this is MGR's shitty dynamic soundtrack and the QTE finishers that define the game.
>>
>>377521293
I guess I'll be the first one to say it.

Literally WHO?
>>
File: 5.-Image-3.jpg (103KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
5.-Image-3.jpg
103KB, 1500x1000px
>>377527348
>tfw it's going to happen to Gundam
>Gundam is appealing enough that Hollywood will bastardize it and recoup most if not all of the costs
>>
>>377529580
Gundam and mecha in general will always be a niche thing outside of maybe Eva and TTGL
>>
File: 1495148658199.png (2MB, 1280x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1495148658199.png
2MB, 1280x2048px
>>377521293
>normies and casuals are too big of faggots to play superior games
How is this a bad thing?
>>
>>377521293
I think there's truth to this. When something anime hits into a mainstream audience, I do often see people saying stuff like that it "transcends the genre of anime" or "it's different because even non-anime fans can like it." Praising something by drawing a line between it and its genre or country of origin seems pretty patronizing.
>>
>>377523784
People always want to feel accepted.
>>
File: 1485368382844.png (277KB, 480x400px) Image search: [Google]
1485368382844.png
277KB, 480x400px
Umm, guys?
>>
>>377529701
WHITO PIGGU GO HOME
>>
>>377527675
gay people are a let down to the human race
>>
>>377529447
no it doesn't
opm and jojo threads are like stepping into reddit
>>
>>377529193
See this post. Just a bunch of dumb meme shit about some far-off weeb boogeyman, assigning presumptions at will and helping no one. I am sorry for liking a lot of Japanese shit, a lot of which features character art illustrated by Japanese people. It is not high art but it is not DayZ or Dragon Age or Candy Crush either. Quality will always run the gamut. /v/ grows bored of the monsters they fight and must create new ones
>>
>>377521604
Persona is exactly the kind of game I'm not interested in because it's too "anime". Things that worked for me was stuff like DMC, which seemed progressively more anime-like in each installment until DmC.
>>
>>377521293
>build a sense of legitimacy
Rewatch Eva you weeb, you don't need others to define your self-worth.
>>
>>377529728
This is why /a/ or at least the /a/ from years ago was around.

To give a home to people who didn't feel like they belonged with normalfags.
>>
>>377529447
In my experience, JoJo threads have been absolute trash the last few years when there isn't a new manga chapter or episode to talk about. 500 replies about how someone wants to fuck Narancia is not good discussion.
>>
>>377521293
No, Japan made its bed with making way too much of their media pander towards lonely virgin otakus, and it fucking shows. The reason people look down on japanese culture is because of how frequently it panders to otakus.

That doesn't change the fact that yes, Japan is the artistic center of the world and does produce the largest amount of legitimate and formidable content as well, but its human nature to always remember the bad more than the good.
>>
I have a feeling "Smang" is some cringey Ken-san or Kendra-san who tries to push how cool Japan is on people who don't give a fuck. Just let people play what they want from wherever they want.
>>
>>377529948
>>377530039
Good I hope Japan continue to pander to lonely virgin otakus.

>people thinking this is a bad thing
>>
File: seinfeld_sarcasm.gif (565KB, 147x154px) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld_sarcasm.gif
565KB, 147x154px
The only acceptable genres of anime are Shonen, Seinen, Mystery Thrillers, and Comedy. If you aren't laughing, getting hype off fights, or on the edge of your seat watching a keikakku unfold, you're watching moeshit or ecchi, which is pointless when you can just watch porn. People who shit talk shonen or greentext
>manime
are the problem, watch cool shit not dumbass schoolgirls and people won't judge you. You can have waifus in shonens too, it's when the show is ABOUT waifus it becomes trash. This is why /a/ is only good for DBS and Jojo threads. Moeshit is for lonely teenagers and loser neets.

t. watched anime for 20 years come the fuck at me
>>
>>377530383
The hero this site needs. Sick of calling out weebshit and then having a bunch of angry moeshit-loving weebs try to talk me down with "hurr durr, 4chins is muh safespace normies get out" like they don't realize that plenty of actual anime fans hate their guts too.
>>
>>377530039
This is where the business is. Tastelessness and lack of daring may be the brush in some of cases but telling Japs not to market to otaku is like telling EA not to market to Joe Blow, albeit on a smaller scale. Japanese games and animation might be unrecognizable if they were to start ignoring the tug of otaku dollars.
>>
>>377530383
/a/ loves loads of shounen shit what are you talking about.
>shounen and seinen are genres
I see that 20 years left you wanting anyway. A lot of great comedy shows are similarly participating in the gay loser beta manchild etc. etc. moe shit of having cute girls. These stupid lines in the sand help no one and just serve to make you feel more GAR for not liking Kuma Miko or whatever shit.
>>
>>377530383
Moe anime are generally shonen/seinen and are largely comedies themselves, though.
>>
>>377530383
>Shonen
Eww
>>
>>377530383
This is true.

Also regarding anime I personally dont understand how studios even make make releasing shit that is average 12-13 episode single season series. Because most if them have 0 plot, character development and arent targeted at kids or adults, that ir I have seriously misjudged japanese.
>>
File: 1494905571722.jpg (133KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494905571722.jpg
133KB, 800x600px
>>377524182
people want to relive their high school days but this time they actually have friends
>>
>>377530383
>The only acceptable genres of anime are Shonen
stopped reading there
>>
File: 1422241552438.gif (122KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1422241552438.gif
122KB, 600x800px
>>377530383
Imagine being over 18 and watching shonen
>>
File: wrong.jpg (19KB, 460x257px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
19KB, 460x257px
>>377530549
>>377531006
Men

>>377530887
>>377530956
Respectable nuanced opinions

>>377531005
>>377531193
>>377531312
Elitist cancer that don't taste all the shit in their mouths
>>
>>377521293
>it's hard to recommend weird niche titles

Whoa say it ain't so. Curiously, it's not hard to recommend Japanese titles like BoTW and fucking Mario, I wonder why?
>>
File: 1494571542774.jpg (230KB, 718x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1494571542774.jpg
230KB, 718x1000px
>>377531354
>>
>>377524274
>people in one culture like X
>people in another culture like Y
>sperg living in culture X is a freak who likes Y
>surprised that most people in culture X don't do the same
>ignores that fact that most people in culture Y don't like X at all either
>>
File: 1494029555874.jpg (214KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494029555874.jpg
214KB, 1280x720px
I want anime to be as derogatory of a thing as possible, for irony to die off, and a widespread return to genuine, shameless enjoyment.

At least I still have manga, bros
>>
File: 1468280992363.png (12KB, 195x228px) Image search: [Google]
1468280992363.png
12KB, 195x228px
>>377531895
Im trying.
>>
>>377523048
>Beneath the anime exterior there's a fantastic experience to be had."
Are you actually this dumb to not realize the meat of the argument?
>>
>>377530383
Caring about genres rather than execution is a delusion. You're fooling yourself.
>>
>>377523354
If you are talking about "stereotypically Japanese" then I see no problem with someone always being turned off by it. In this case, it has nothing to do with country of origin, but rather the presentation.
>>
>>377521293
I imagine these are the same sort of people who genuinely wonder why people are put off by half-naked lolis in games like Rabi Ribi
>>
I've noticed a lot of people criticize Persona 5 for being "tropey", which is about the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard. Literally every game is "tropey". P5 no more so than (insert your favorite western game here).

I think these people are just fucking stupid and racist so every little thing in the game they don't like they say "oh it's because it's from Japan and I heard they are too tropey, I'll say it's tropey" instead of actually thinking about what they're saying like they would if it were a western game. So instead of reasoned criticisms like "Ryuji is so stupid it breaks suspension of disbelief", or "why did they forgive Yusuke so easily for being a sexual criminal that tried to get them arrested under false pretenses" you get "this game is le anime tropes but I guess it's okay anyway xD"
>>
>>377523354
True, dark souls doesn't really look like weebshit. One of my friends didn't even know it was a Japanese game, he figured it was western because of the medieval Europe aesthetic
>>
>>377526658
Read the defintion of "Weeaboo" before posting.
And stop watching filthy frank, its doing damage to your brain as it seems.
>>
>>377532297
That's a completely separate discussion, retard.
>>
>giving a FUCK what normalfag sacks of shit like and don't like
Even on this board there are obnoxious redditfags who get upset if they see japanese games discussed....I'm not worried about changing their minds, I'm laughing at their faggy asses because they will never play some of the best games of all time.
>>
>>377532686
It's the exact same discussion about shutins who don't understand even the most basic things about differing cultural norms
>>
File: 1493969434261.jpg (103KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
1493969434261.jpg
103KB, 517x768px
>>377530039
>The reason people look down on japanese culture is because of how frequently it panders to otakus.
>Japanese animation
>culture
You wouldn't recognize nip folklore even if it hits you right in the face.
You wouldn't recognize YOUR OWN culture at all.
YOU ARE THE WEEABOO ITSELF, RETARD.
The absolute irony.
>>
>>377531312
I am 28 but I am immature in that aspect. I also had shitty boring childhood and shonen lets me forget about that and also allows me to become a kid for a little while.
>>
>>377524356
Why are you on a weeb website then?
>>
>>377533731
Because last I checked this was a video game board, and 99% of weebshit barely constitutes as a video game so...
>>
>>377533932
Cute.
>>
>>377533932
More than half the threads on /v/ are about japanese games.
>>
>>377534079
>Surprised that weeaboos are the most vocal shitposters on this site

Christ, they give you a hentai board and this place still has hentai spammed on it. That says literally nothing good about you retards.
>>
Anime art-styles often are turn offs because of how homogenous the designs can appear and this homogeneity may appear to reflect on the gameplay and story, to some.
>>
>>377534158
>making threads about japanese games mean you are a shitposter

Ok.
>>
>>377534158
it is funny because you are the vocal shitposter. i get the joke
>>
>>377534237
That's a real stretch
>>
>>377534279
>Doesn't have gameplay
>Just jerking off to fan drawn porn
>Implying that's on topic

>>377534295
>NO U
Nice refutation.
>>
>>377524956
>I live in rural west Texas though so most people here are pretty racist, probably not an accurate representation of Americans
I would say it is. The militantly anti-racist SJWs are a vocal minority.
>>
>>377534443
Learn to shitpost kid.
>>
>>377534324
I've watched several anime and definitely still feel that way. Generic Japanese fantasy setting does nothing for me and I'd say most people have a less experienced view on anime so I would assume their derision for anime would be even less focused. Not to mention that most Japanese games are RPGs.
>>
>>377529664
This.

90% of anime fans I talked to dislike mecha
>>
>>377530383
Shonen is fucking badly drawn garbage though.

Only good one is FMA.
>>
File: tmp_8351-ffxv-1695029616.jpg (29KB, 740x445px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8351-ffxv-1695029616.jpg
29KB, 740x445px
>>377534237
Whats a turn off is fucking main protag who is a retarded emo fag in pretty much every jrpg.
Thats the problem of jrpgs.

Now I enjoy jrpgs as much as the next guy but devs need to fucking stop that shit.
>>
>>377534985
I don't understand why though, what's not to like about giant ass robots beating the shit out of other giant robots/monsters/aliens?
>>
>>377534237
I'd see people using "anime" as a criticism to mean the exact opposite thing, though. Complaining about characters looking too unique.
>>
>>377534934
This same criticism can be levied against so much shit from all over the world.
The idea that 'homogeneity of character designs may reflect in gameplay' is really stupid. So is the idea that there actually even is a great degree of illustrative homogeneity in Japanese media. There is a lot of variety these days in art styles, with anime being about as prevalent as dude with gun or any other 'overused' aspect of anything
>>
>>377521462
Too popular for them not to take notice. Many still have problems with the anime elements though and you can bet that a (((certain))) crowd of journalists and "fans" are going to lobby for a.) Persona 6 to be set in the United States and b.) cater more to them. After all, Persona's now a mainstream global hit and you want to continue earning those shekels don't you?
>>
>>377535245
Fuck I don't know. I think it mostly the idea that they all center around fights I think. Plus not all people like the aesthetic I guess. Which I understand because before really getting into mecha I wouldn't care about a lot of design.

I think I'll try convincing the dude I'm on internship to go and watch Gundam 00.

>>377534934
I do agree. Mangas have a much better range of artstyle but even then there is a lot of identical looking work.
>>
File: 1490474911885.png (44KB, 662x576px) Image search: [Google]
1490474911885.png
44KB, 662x576px
>>
>>377521760
This is actually genuinely literally for-real an indicator of autism.
>>
>>377535375
To the outside viewer the differences you see are miniscule. And I still stand by my point that games looking similar could make people who don't understand their differences write them off as "another weeb game".
>>
>>377521293
japs have been shitting out masterpieces for over half a century

yet the west only buys into the lame ass shounen and/or neckbeard shit

make no mistake: weebs are responsible for what OP is describing. not normies.
>>
>>377525576
spin that ham
>>
>>377521293
thank god for that, it means anime and jap games are still safe from western cancer
>>
>>377521293
Only on the Internet.

I never met anyone in person who discriminated between Japanese and Western games or who held Japanese media in contempt. The most I've heard was something like "Japan sure makes some perverted stuff", but that's it.
Then again, the amount of "hate" Japan gets in my country's side of the Internet is nothing compared to the English speaking one, and ironically this shithole of a site is the worst of it all.
>>
>>377537132
Anti-weeb meme was a big hit with teenagers who feel like stupid convictions legitimize their newfaggotry
>>
>>377521293
Yeah. It's a thing. That's because Japs are an alien, fucking wacky culture.

They only recently illegalized childfucking, and the age of consent is still only like 13. They're weird.
>>
>>377524274
More like...
>People like X
>Other people don't like X
>Those other people proceed to do everything they can to shit all over and denigrate X, anyone who makes X and anyone who enjoys X
>They like Y for myriad reasons
>They also control the flow of information in terms of what gets promoted
>Use this to even more shit on X and anyone who makes or likes X in favor of propping up Y
>Any time they do like something from X they like it in spite of itself, can't admit that they're biased
>>
>>377528891
gabriel dropout
just go back to posting filtered pepes and not satanya
>>
>>377521293
Japanese media is probably a lot like ours, but the thing is that we only import the things that stick out and are unique to the entire world aka the anime and the hentai.

I mean, Japan has fucking dull tv-shows and tv-news and normal movies and all of that, but we never get to see it and I never get to see people who claim to love Japan recommend those things either, no it is always the otaku-culture.
You guys are actually just as "racist" againgst Japan as all those people you claim are racist againgst Japan because you only acknowledge one small part of Japan, kinda like a guy who is only dating a girl because of her huge rack and ignores that she is a human being completely.
>>
>>377521293
I generally don't enjoy products targeted towards otaku because I am not one. Ergo, most as most anime styled video games are targeted at this audience, I do not like these games.

End of story.
>>
File: 1495154107861.png (769KB, 1000x988px) Image search: [Google]
1495154107861.png
769KB, 1000x988px
The problem with most Japanese games is that they rely too much on anime tropes and fan service. They don't innovate anymore outside if a few devs like Platinum and Nintendo. They're almost all turn-based rpgs. They simply don't take risks to make something fun and original. Outside of BotW, Splatoon, Nier, and W101, the only other Japanese game I myself have, and continue to have fun with, is Puyo Puyo Tetris. That's fucking sad. Western devs too have also stagnated . All these big AAA companies aim for is muh graphics, that's it. Sad.
>>
>>377521293
>it's hard to build a sense of legitimacy from what I enjoy with all this going on

What does this mean and why should care about it?
>>
>>377522203
>Also, the problem is not that it comes from Japan.
Yes there is. I have plenty of music I listen to from bands that happen to be Japanese. Nothing explicitly "Japanese" about it outside of the language but I've had people dismiss that shit to me because it's Japanese.

Japan in general is played up in the west as being a weird other where the laws of normal society don't matter and there are used panty vending machines on every corner because the Japanese are just giant autistic weirdos worthy of derision. Anything from there that succeeds in the west succeeds in spit of its origin. You basically have to have anything "Japanese" stripped entirely away from the work. Something like Persona is the rare exception and you can bet that between now and P6 there's going to be loud calls for things like "set Persona 6 in the US".
>>
>>377537132
I think a lot of what they're talking about is more of a passively dismissal, othering attitude, not outright hate.
>>
>>377537324
>They only recently illegalized childfucking, and the age of consent is still only like 13. They're weird.

Both of these statements are bullshit, every single prefecture in japan has had an age of consent of 16 for decades.
>>
File: 1491097994193s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1491097994193s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>377523784
This is like, the only youtube channel I believe has fake subscribers
Like seriously? 1 million? this guy is insufferable, he doesn't even seem like that kind of insufferable that children would like. his reactions are overblown as fuck and his face is like, 6/10 at best.

Who the fuck watches this shit.
>>
>>377521293
Sort of
It doesn't apply so much to mainstream stuff though
Nintendo first party games for example.
Most big franchises these days won't be thought of as japanese by casuals, they're just sort of there and always have been
With some exceptions, of course
>>
>>377538538
/a/
>>
File: 1492171603586.jpg (1MB, 2460x3484px) Image search: [Google]
1492171603586.jpg
1MB, 2460x3484px
>>377524897
Most people are pedophiles, though. At least the men.
>>
File: p5.png (574KB, 709x789px) Image search: [Google]
p5.png
574KB, 709x789px
>>377521604
>SJW
>Persona
Oh shut the fuck up you cum skinned baby cuck. They bitch about 4 and 5 had a campaign making Nontroversies about the translation.
>>
Who the fuck cares? I don't want things I like getting popular
>>
>>377528874
>Metal Gear more hardcore than Dark Souls
Who the fuck made this piece of shit?
>>
>>377538842
>common sense dictates
Common sense doesn't prove shit.
>>
>>377533932
Isn't it western developers that are obsessed with turning video games into moves while Japan actually respects the game format as a medium? I mean shit even NeoFAG acknowledges this.
>>
>>377521293
Other way around for me and I'm not even a weeb.

Jap games have just held a higher quality than western games the past few years, been a long time since I enjoyed a western AAA title because they all seem very entry level and very pandering right now.
>>
>>377523784
This is the most obnoxious cringy asshole I've seen so far, holy shit.
>>
File: 1475047493425.jpg (107KB, 597x417px) Image search: [Google]
1475047493425.jpg
107KB, 597x417px
>>377538742
>Most big franchises these days won't be thought of as japanese by casuals, they're just sort of there and always have been
Imagine if Nintendo first came out in today's post-dudebro market. They'd never get off the ground in the west.
>>
>>377540135
Except weebshit is 99% visual novels. Even their J"RPGs" are just visual novels with combat that's just as braindead to click through as their dialogue. It's basically just "one button to win: the game". No thought required. Shit's linear as fuck too so you can't possibly fuck up.

And their action games are no more complex. Just one button with no thought and you too can beat a weebshit action game. People just praise them because it's overly flashy garbage.
>>
File: 1488440645725.jpg (221KB, 540x622px) Image search: [Google]
1488440645725.jpg
221KB, 540x622px
>>377521293
yeah kinda but not in regards to 4chan or for that matter even most internet circles such as reddit and shit. And it's not like it doesn't have a reason behind it, media from a foreign country is always gonna seem weird to a culture that produces so much media like America.
>>
>>377541036
I dont disagree but most games are linear and there is nothing wrong with as long as its implemented right.
>>
>>377541036
we can play this game if you like
the entire genre of FPS is just point at the enemy until it dies

don't even get me started on the cookie clicker nonsense like diablo etc.
>>
>>377541141
living in glorious bestonia I can confirm that the only people who act like snobs towards foreign media seem to be anglos

noone makes fun of weebshit outside of americas cultural bubble because none of it as ridiculous as die hard or it's a wonderful life or the rest of that stuff that you guys get condition with from birth but the rest of us dirty savages consume with subtitles
>>
File: 14633457700642.png (58KB, 404x321px) Image search: [Google]
14633457700642.png
58KB, 404x321px
>>377538834
>post any youtuber on /a/
>torrent of "fuck off"s

>meanwhile on /v/, nonstop e-celeb threads
>>
>>377521293
i agree. however those types of people who refuse to play "anime-style" games are the true degenerates of society now
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.