[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some of /v/'s favorite Roguelikes? And to be clear,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 6157.png (359KB, 1600x918px) Image search: [Google]
6157.png
359KB, 1600x918px
What are some of /v/'s favorite Roguelikes? And to be clear, when I say Roguelike I mean:

"a dungeon crawl through procedurally generated game levels, turn-based gameplay, tile-based graphics, and permanent death of the player-character"

I've been playing Brogue a bunch and just picked up Caves of Qud.
>>
DCSS is my favourite.

I am trying to branch out but its hardd
>>
I'm too burned out on DCSS to ever bother playing again. I managed to get two wins after having played on-and-off for at least 6 years.

DoomRL and Demon are still pretty fun for me though.
How come DoomRL had it's name censored to D**m, I thought ID was fine with the game?
>>
>>377520924
Bethesda aren't.
>>
>>377520467
Tried elona yesterday, was pretty fun. Wasn't good at it at all though
>>
>>377520924
Doesn't matter, Jupiter Hell is coming out some day. Hype
>>
inb4 majority of posts are lies, dungeon crawl stone soup dick suckers, and games that don't fit ops criteria at all because people can't read and are retarded
>>
DCSS.

I was in the top 10 overall players but got really burnt out by playing in a tournament. Also the devs are cunts who hate speedrunners and took away all the fun items.
>>
Caves of Qud
>>
I feel the game would have been waaay better if it wasn't pandering so much to Alien 1 fans and was not basically a sort of safe reboot of the first movie - desperately trying to link itself to it at any cost, because it told the better story. Made everything way more predictable and made the setting feel to well known and safe.

The gameplay was spot on, story kinda sucked
>>
File: eyeswizard.png (168KB, 637x387px) Image search: [Google]
eyeswizard.png
168KB, 637x387px
I like ADOM. I've played it on and off since I was a kid, but I only beat it for the first time last year.

Recommend me a roguelike to play next (no dcss)
>>
I keep hearing about DCSS, it's like the only roguelike people talk about, but I know nothing about it. What makes it so popular?
>>
>>377522658

Entry level game for the genre that has a lot of depth and options.
>>
>>377521178

>the devs are cunts who hate speedrunners and took away all the fun items

Source of that? I didn't think the devs of such a "difficult" genre would be such whiney bitches.
>>
>>377522982
Just look at the changelog for .18 .19 and trunk, .20. They're taking out all the fun stuff in favor of homogenizing everything in the game for no fucking reason.
>>
Which Roguelike has the best magic system?
>>
File: DoD.png (340KB, 995x436px) Image search: [Google]
DoD.png
340KB, 995x436px
>>377520467
Dungeons of Dredmor, solely because it has a great crafting system and I like crafting shit.

I've also bought Bionic Dues because it has mechs and a roguelike where you get to customize mechs sounds cool as fuck.
>>
>>377523387

Oh so you don't actually have any evidence of them saying they hate speedrunners outright or anything like on twitter or a website.

Was curious to read it if so. Oh well.
>>
>>377523515

>yfw that mushroom trait

Shit's so satisfying to have. Great utility trait imo.
>>
>>377523715
I'm not that guy, I was just responding with a similar personal gripe.
>>
>>377523896

Ah.
>>
>>377523776
Shrooms are good, but it's really sad how they are barely involved in crafting recipes. Personally, I love alchemy more, because you get to produce a potion for pretty much any situation you can think of.

Also, can anyone recommend me a roguelike similar to DoD that has actual graphics and a solid focus on crafting?
>>
>>377524173
Actual graphics is a though requirement. Closest thing is don't starve.

If you are willing to play with ASCII or at least tiles a lot of options spring up. Unreal World and Cataclysm Dark Days ahead are good ones
>>
>>377524456
Thanks, Unreal World looks decent enough for me, so I'll get it.
>>
Nethack
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.