[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/v/, I have an """"""""idea"""""""".

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

/v/, I have an """"""""idea"""""""". What do you think about this?

>the setting takes place in a "big town" inside a "dream" - comfy, isn't it?
>the main protagonist(pic related) looks like a small, greenish boy with a elephant-like face - he has no powers, instead preferring to use practical strategies for situations when it is really needed
>the cast is """"""""unique"""""""" in that you really see weird-shaped assholes and faggots all the way, ranging from floating snakes, ghosts, demons, "humans" to insanely powerful polygon-shaped people(although their number are very few) who can do literally anything with their powers at their will
>the main plot goes like this: "protag arrives at a train station of one big "dream" town, he meets several people and then is assigned to a job in which he has to complete missions which involving getting rid of nightmares that dominates those otherwise comfy dreams" and then everything escalates from there
>gameplay you wandering around the massive town, and one that has you discovering every nook and cranny for every little detail that come across so there is more significance to the plot twists that will come later
>gameplay has this "partner" system in which you can use said partner's capability by switching a button from your current playable character to the partner so he/she can be controlled
>CUHRAYZEE level design that takes advantage of the setting, complete with CUHRAYZEE gameplay and CUHRAYZEE action at every step of the way when needed

Would you really play a game like this?
>>
Sounds like it could be fun if executed well. What's your plan?
>>
>>377514117
>What's your plan?

>>377513932
All right then, here I continue:
>the plot is progressed in a "find-it-out-for-yourself" way as much as it possibly can, encouraging more subtlety and making what happens later more impactful than watching a scene of someone dropping bombs of information directly at the player's face let alone watch the scene without knowing the context needed to """"""""understand"""""""" the scene in question
>in the meantime, you get to interact with several characters around the entire town, not to mention you can interact with literally anything in the entire town as well
>the gameplay will be changed from genre-to-genre to match the current situation the characters are in, or when there is a need for a bunch of minigame segments
>even the artstyle can change depending on the tone the current scene is in; it can range from realistic in the most dramatic of moments to a wacky children's drawing in a really comedic moment, or when the game just feels like changing the artstyle at the moment

As to how I will plan to release the game? Well, that's another story.
>>
File: gp1.png (5KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
gp1.png
5KB, 480x272px
Here is how the gameplay is going to look like. At least when nothing is happening, thankfully.

Do note that instead of going for a insanely beautiful background for a scene like this, I decided to go with something that looks like a test level.
>>
Sounds like it would really work imho, what kind of town/setting are we talking about.

Must say I disagree with the character's attire in the test image, but do understand it's very much a wip concept.
>>
>>377518523
>Must say I disagree with the character's attire in the test image
Well, I swear it was not in my plan to look like this but I thought about this design because I thought it was cool. Or maybe there is a reason he is wearing this attire? Who knows what it is for?

Maybe it's just one of those designs I will be sticking for.
>>
File: gp2.png (6KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
gp2.png
6KB, 480x272px
And this is the "combat" during gameplay. Here you can see our hero throwing bombs at some awful enemies.

And then...
>>
i've a similar idea that i'm working on, OP. you play as a kid who gets stuck in his dream world and the goal is to wake up. there are different islands you can explore, both above and below the sea.
>>
File: underwaterception.webm (3MB, 889x500px) Image search: [Google]
underwaterception.webm
3MB, 889x500px
>>377518523
The way I see it, in a dreamscape city (something like a Miyazaki movie or Gravity Rush for example), the blue/white combination might distract from all the wonder going around your character. You already have the green elephant -thing going for him.
But on the other hand, if the setting and colour scheme is closer to something like the city of Mirror's Edge, I can see that outfit working.

>>377520805
Sounds nice! Underwater settings can have some crazy potential, good luck with your plan.
>>
>>377521847
was meant as reply to >>377519817
>>
>>377521847
Is that Rift?
>>
>>377522197
Yeah.
>>
File: gp3.png (9KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
gp3.png
9KB, 480x272px
>>377520238(cont.)
BOOM!

You threw an bomb at the enemies and it exploded right at them. Sounds awesome, right:

However, you won't get any awards for doing so.
>b-but why?
Because these enemies do have these rewards, and they won't be there by the time a bomb or something that can completely perfurate, if not eradicate their existence.

So if you want to get any reward from enemies at all then you might as well pick up something else.

>>377521847
>The way I see it, in a dreamscape city (something like a Miyazaki movie or Gravity Rush for example), the blue/white combination might distract from all the wonder going around your character. You already have the green elephant -thing going for him.
I always thought that this kind of protagonist stood out in a crowd of creatures populating a dreamscape city. As in, he might think of himself as being different from those people.

I might get into that though, since it's possible that he has something other than that to wear.
>But on the other hand, if the setting and colour scheme is closer to something like the city of Mirror's Edge, I can see that outfit working.
Well, I was thinking about that whole town have its own identity. It works to have the entire city be something more modern and stylish, although I don't want it to be the entire city.
>>
>>377523064
>something that
*something like that or even a different weapon/item
>>
File: IMG_0135.jpg (104KB, 476x598px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0135.jpg
104KB, 476x598px
I'll give you this OP, your idea sounds as one of the more fun ones (as in I don't have to additionally assume that the game is fun on top of everything described). Can't say that about many ideaguys. I even bothered replying.

However, I hope you realize that this will likely remain a pipe dream, as making video games is actually hard, arguably harder than any other medium, because you have to be skilled in many different areas to deliver a decent product by yourself. And many concepts you think simple might be really hard to actually implement.

With that said, a couple of thoughts.
>CUHRAYZEE gameplay and CUHRAYZEE action at every step of the way when needed
>the gameplay will be changed from genre-to-genre
I am confused what it actually means. I see you describing dropping bombs on enemies, but is it RPG? Some real-time action? A puzzle? Regardless, I don't feel the cuhrayzeeness. worth noting here that CUHRAYZEE is usually used in referring to DMC-like action games specifically, not just any wow-moment in game. And genre changes might not be so hot an idea in practice than it is in theory. This may just annoy the player, and annoy you with implementing them all. Though I heard new Nier has genre changes or something.
>the plot is progressed in a "find-it-out-for-yourself" way
I am suddenly reminded of another game taking place in dream world, Dreams to Reality (from time where there was a lot more auteurism in vidya in my opinion, but let's not dwell in that). In it, you also were given very little plot details, and that was really not good, since you basically had to reinvestigate old areas and try talking with everyone to see whether you missed something. A better storytelling could very well make that game into a classic instead of unfamiliar name it is now. I think it's obvious what am I implying here.
>>
Alright, good luck anon.
>>
>>377524414
>And many concepts you think simple might be really hard to actually implement.
Guess I'll have to wait. After all, I wanted to make something decent and I'm willing to risk that.

>I see you describing dropping bombs on enemies
Well, that was just an example of combat. Not much else I could think of when I made these images, really.
>but is it RPG? Some real-time action? A puzzle?
It could be anything, really. But I think that an action-platformer RPG of some sort would fit the thing really well.
>This may just annoy the player, and annoy you with implementing them all.
That was just for giggles, really.

>Dreams to Reality
Just by mentioning that name I get a laugh. Good thing I haven't played this. Perhaps I should minimize the storytelling style I am aiming for so that the player wouldn't get surprised that you have to backtrack between old places or something?
>>
>>377525331
You shouldn't wait anon, you should study programming so you can know what is feasible and what is not! and maybe even bring this game to life eventually Or find a programmer bro that you can consult with and convince him of your vision being within grasp.

>Perhaps I should minimize the storytelling style I am aiming for so that the player wouldn't get surprised that you have to backtrack between old places or something?
Perhaps. You would know better if you actually made a level or chapter or whatever is suitable to test what you are intending. Like I said earlier, a lot of stuff may sound grand in your head, but may not be that fun in reality.

I kind of think that more people should play Dreams to Reality, especially you anon. The dream-like structure and worlds are very well made, and you could get a few pointers from that. Might be a pain in the ass to run though, since it was made for Windows 98 or something. Consider it a research.
>>
>>377513932
Is this the guy from catdog with a trunk
>>
it's the plot of JING, KING OF BANDITS, except he's not an elephant
>>
>>377524414
>>377525331
>>377526790
The bigger issue for a game is the assets.
>>
>>377527025
what this guy said. I've been working on my game for about a year now and all I have to show for it is a bunch of 3d models and animations. at least I know how to use blender now?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.