[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We're all anons here, share your biggest fear and was it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault[1].jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
19KB, 480x360px
We're all anons here, share your biggest fear and was it ever in a vidya?

frozen/sleep paralysis
>>
haha
>>
>>377511765
Well I'm blind in one eye,so my biggest fear has always been something happening to my good eye and being totally blind for the rest of my life. Can't think of any games that would really apply to though.
>>
>>377511765

My biggest fear is probably becoming disabled in some way. Becoming blind, losing my arms and legs, becoming profoundly mentally retarded from some freak accident. I don't know if any games have ever had this kind of permanent alteration. I think the permanence is what really scares me.
>>
>getting killed by a pack of niggers and having your death uploaded to liveleak
>having to raise a retarded child
>cicadas

My top 3 biggest fears
>>
>>377511765
Death.
I've been subjected to sleep paralysis once when i was a child. It wasn't fun.
>>
>>377511949
Metal Gear Solid 3
>>
Fuck that mini game.
>>
Being thrown into a brazen bull and roasting to death in darkness. What are some brazen-core games that I should check out?
>>
>>377512187
I thought about that,but he only loses one eye. Wasn't really sure if that would count since he's never completely blind.
>>
Flesh eating virus of sorts, or being infected with parasites.
>>
>Sleep paralysis
Shit's horrifying. It happens when you wake up in the middle of a sleep cycle. When you sleep, your body becomes paralyzed. When you wake up during that period, your mind is awake but your body is still paralyzed. First time it happened to me, I thought I was dead.
>>
>>377512757
I had that happen to me semi often when I was younger,it's fuckkng awful.
>>
>>377511765
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhl2vBNFQ4w
>>
>>377511949
>>377511952
In Earthbound there's a part with a character taking a spiritual training and you have to allow his ancestor's spirit to block his mind from all his 5 senses.
Kind like in Saint Seiya, if you've seen that.
It's just a a short part though, everything returns to normal later, but it can be quite unsettling when he takes his ears and the game sound completely stops, then he takes his eyes, and the screen turns all black, you can only see the little text box.
>>
>>377512007

>Cicada's

I never minded them and the sound they make
However, seeing how fucking but they actually are makes me hope I never actually see one
>>
>>377512757
>>377514147
Don't forget that you can still dream and weird shit can appear.
So if fear takes over it can get quite terrifying when your imagination runs wild.
Had my bed crawling with bugs and spiders once.
Another time ex gf was sitting behind me going all psycho and about to kill me.
>>
File: bl.jpg (60KB, 783x432px) Image search: [Google]
bl.jpg
60KB, 783x432px
NTR
>>
>>377516376
>Get sleep paralysis, frozen in bed in dark room
>But not dark enough to hide the shadowy figure that just stepped into my peripheral vision
>It raises its arm, and with it, my own arm does to
>I have no control over my body at this point
>My forearm starts to twist and stretch like a noodle
>The figure lowers his arm, and quietly steps out of the room, I gain control of my body after
>The arm that was being manipulated feels numb
Despite what should have been terrifying, I was too tired to process what happened, got sorta angry, and just went about my morning like nothing happened.
>>
Have I had sleep paralysis? I sometimes realize I'm sleeping but I can't wake up or move. I then sense the presence of a serial killer near me and it freaks me out. But each time I keep my cool, calm down, and go back to sleep.
>>
>>377516907
Either your arm was already numb (maybe due to sleeping sideways) so you dreamt about someone twisting it, or some paranormal shit happened.
My dad said that he saw a black shadow leaning toward him when he woke up, he sort of pushed it (but without actually touching) and then disappeared.
Most likely it's some alpha-state bullshit your brain makes up, but what if it isn't?
I had sleep paralysis a few times, last time I was sleeping with my ex and saw a figure crawling around our bed with the corner of the eye, I felt the presence. Then I slowly regain control of my body. It's really scary to think that dream and reality can collide even for a few minutes or seconds. It's like the twilight zone.
>>
>>377516907
I get sleep paralysis at least a couple times a week, but it's usually just annoying. Rather than seeing all kinds of cool phantoms and shit I just become aware and have to lay there trying to move until my body catches up and I fully wake up.
>>
>>377511952
Life is Strange heavily talks about those kind of incidents and it even happens to a character you know,it's playing with your fucking feels in that chapter. Don't want to spoil anything tho,try for yourself
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
I don't know if it's my biggest fear, but I was pretty afraid of wide open spaces in video games especially anything that involved an ocean or just out in space. This one stage in Wave Race 64 was always shitty for me because of that, to the point where I ever tried to memorize the exact route of the course so I could play it with my eyes closed.

Weirdly enough, this never became an issue in later games like Wind Waker, only with N64 games.
>>
>>377518174
Its because of the low poly foggy purgatory that a lot of games had. Its comfy for some but unsettling for others.
>>
Burning alive.
>>
Being buried alive
>>
>>377512187
> lost an eye
> still be able to shoot like the legendary hero he is

I just don't get it, man
>>
Being stranded out of the middle of the ocean.
I feel like it's in a game but the only one that comes to mind is that one game where you're on a raft or something.
>>
>>377511861
In god of war 3 you shove your thumbs into Poseidon's eyes from his pov
>>
Dying painlessly of old age at 90. But then my corpse is buried and burned alive.
>>
Really liking the association of sleep paralysis with that damn mini-game.

I probably have undiscovered fears, but the main one I can think of are of heights, and I don't feel scared when I'm falling from high places in vidya. Closest thing is sometimes when I used to play Perfect Dark on the N64, when going up a slope sometimes my character would just fall through the floor and die, and I remember getting a weird sinking feeling in my heart whenever it would happen.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.