[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you scout for stuff using your actual eyes instead of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2159.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2159.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>you scout for stuff using your actual eyes instead of the game filling your map with objectives
>playing with the HUD off is even better since all information is conveyed visually and you don't really need a mini-map with a handcrafted world
>enemies can and will one shot you
>nature will kill you if you're not prepared
>story is entirely skippable leaving nothing but gameplay

Granted the game does become easier the more you find stuff and the better you get at it naturally, but I don't get why /v/ is calling it babby's first open world game. It's literally the most mature open world game I've played gameplay wise. I couldn't give a shit about a dark tormented flawed protagonist having to make heavy moral decisions. Fuck outta here.
>>
>>377509167
did they fucked?
>>
i started this game and im bored of shrines i did 22 of them and have trouble finding new ones
its true there are 120?
>>
File: 62883107_p0.jpg (600KB, 884x1250px) Image search: [Google]
62883107_p0.jpg
600KB, 884x1250px
>>377509235
Urbosa wants Link and Zelda to fuck

So she probably had a threesome with them to show them how to pleasure each other
>>
>>377509167
It's the braying of fags who haven't played the game, assuming that the game must be exactly like Assassin's Creed because it has tall structures, and further assuming that people who play Nintendo games are cloistered off and never play anything else.

Console warriors aside, the other problem is that people have been so conditioned to the derivative Rockstar/Ubisoft open world formula that without playing BotW, they don't understand how it has a fundamentally different approach.
>>
>>377509806
try suicide
>>
>>377509167
i didnt buy a switch for this game yet because I heard it doesn't even have real dungeons and all the bosses are overworld
>>
>>377509167
>I don't get why /v/ is calling it babby's first open world game
Are you actually this naive that you think /v/ plays the games it complains about?
>>
>>377511193
What?
>>
>>377511193
there are 4 "dungeons", which are really more like highly involved shrines. You get inside a giant mechanical beast and then control it to move its parts around so you can hit all the switches. At the end, you fight a boss. oh, and I suppose you can call the stuff you have to do to even get inside the beast in the first place a "boss fight", but it's all very simplistic.

So I don't know who told you the bosses are "overworld", that doesn't make any sense. It doesn't have traditional dungeons like past games, though. That's something I wish they would put more focus on for the sequel.

But it's still an excellent game and you should just get it for WiiU if you don't wanna plop down the money for a Switch yet.
>>
>>377513457
There's also Hyrule Castle.
>>
>>377511193
if by bosses you mean stronk enemies
then yes there are a lot of stronk enemies in the overworld, some are so huge, you can't even beat them (like the dragons)
>>
Urbosa is fucking gorgeous
>>
>>377509167
>>you scout for stuff using your actual eyes instead of the game filling your map with objectives
Playing Breath of the Wild made me really reminiscent of playing Morrowind. Amazing games. Both of them.
>>
>>377515949
Muh nigguh
>>
>>377515949
You know Mororwind did have a map with squares showing important stuff, right?

Also the original draw distance was like 20 meters.
>>
>>377510045
I think we need a drawfag.
>>
>>377515949
I love the quests that give you directions and the ones that expect you to study the map to solve them. I wish there were way more of them, it's mostly shrine quests that do it.
>>
>>377509167
>I don't get why /v/ is calling it babby's first open world game
They're retarded and think that the towers make it a copy of Assassin's Creed, even when they function differently from the towers in those games and BotW itself is unrelated to AC entirely.
>>
>>377516937
It's amazing how badly Ubisoft has damaged the perception of what open world games are.
>>
>>377516937
The paraglider alone made towers of Zelda neat. I'd climb them even if they didn't "do" anything.
>>
File: Urbosa.png (310KB, 507x640px)
Urbosa.png
310KB, 507x640px
>a 8 foot tall amazon will never try to hook you up with a princess

why live
>>
>>377517612
Agreed, paraglider's brilliant, makes everything tall implicitly valuable. In a way that isn't trivial like gliding around in the Just Cause games.
>>
>>377509167
>>story is entirely skippable leaving nothing but gameplay
/v/ hates this. At the very the people praising titles like Uncharted and The Last of Us and stuff. And they won't quit bitching about Zelda.
>>
>>377518512
I kinda wish the gliding was more like Just Cause. But thats just me. Overall, the whole game reminds me of Just Cause but with actual stuff to do.
>>
>>377519697

BotW with JC2 hook+paraglider mobilty would have been great.
>>
>>377520579
Fuck paraglider, give me wingsuit
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.