[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's always been trendy to hate, but we've all played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: Modern-Warfare.jpg (204KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Modern-Warfare.jpg
204KB, 1920x1080px
It's always been trendy to hate, but we've all played at least some of them.

What was your favorite Call of Duty campaign, anons?
>>
Iwo Jima in WaW, pretty much all of the russian levels. in MW2 I loved arcadia, it really brought the war "to you" as you firefight through suburbs and ruin rich white cunts houses and SUV's

the last one I played was black ops 1, I honestly don't remember shit from the campaign save vorkuta. I loved playing barebones tactical crouch games.
>>
It was absolute chaos, but MW2 was fun.
>>
>>377504730
MW1
>>
Mw1 and 2
>>
>>377504730
Black Ops. Not sure why, but I love anything to do with the Cold War era.
>>
Weren't they all pretty good? People shit on the games, but those Michael Bay scenarios the campaigns threw you into were actually pretty fucking fun.
>>
I think I enjoyed the shenanigans on multi-player more for cod4 but mw2's campaign was pretty fucking good. RIP GHOST
>>
>>377504993
They're all good, I haven't played one I haven't enjoyed.

Modern Warfare and World at War are my favorites though. They are the groundwork for modern Call of Duty but are small scale compared to recent games. Makes things more engaging to me.
>>
MW2

It's well-paced, varied and has more open and loosely/flexibly scripted levels than most other campaigns in the series. It also got rid of infinite enemy spawning and grenade spam.
>>
>>377504730
MW1 because it pioneered a formula that actually was good but got milked into oblivion since then.
Blops2 because it feels like a parody of what i mentioned above, what made it really enjoyable.
>>
>>377504730
MW2 > MW1 > COD 1 > COD 2 > BO1 >>>>> everything else
>>
Not my favorite but Infinite Warfare was really cool. The game was good but it failed because they didn't pay attention to how sick their audience was of future stuff. Black Ops 3 was a great cyberpunk campaign too.

Excited for World War 2.
>>
>>377504993

None of them are good

They're fun the first few time but eventually you'll see right through the cinematic window dressing and realize you're just playing peekaboo simulator 20xx
>>
Black Ops 1 or Black Ops 3.

The entire Black Ops trilogy is pretty kino but those base defense missions in 2 really shrivel my johnson an kill my momentum.
>>
File: 1 f9KdmAks-GH-j3IrqtmLVg.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1 f9KdmAks-GH-j3IrqtmLVg.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
>>377504730

CoD1 > CoD2 > MW2 > MW1 > BO > BO2 > WAW > MW3 > CoD3 > BR1 > FH

I prefer the campaigns of early CoDs because they were from the view point of some random soldier who just fought in a war instead of an 80s action hero where everything revolved around him.
>>
World at War
>>
>>377505482
Why do you prefer MW2 over MW1 then?
>>
I really enjoyed the first and MW1
>>
File: ice_tard.jpg (45KB, 350x246px) Image search: [Google]
ice_tard.jpg
45KB, 350x246px
>>377504730
>>
>>377505537

Both MW1 and MW2 have random soldiers and action heros like Soap, but I prefer the settings and battlefields in MW2 (wartorn American suburbs, destroyed Washington, Brazilian favelas) over standard middle east levels in MW1.
>>
BO3 had more or less everything I wanted in an FPS campaign, and replaying early levels with a full suite of powers is terrific.
Infinite Warfare was OK, if a bit short with boring guns.
>>
>>377505425
I still replay Modern Warfare and World at War pretty frequently.

Call of Duty campaigns aren't amazing, but they're fun and don't last long enough to get tiring.
>>
WaW and BO1.
>>
>>377506115

just watch actual movies instead famalam
>>
>>377506230
I do, probably a lot more than you. But you can do both.
>>
MW1 and BO1

I liked the Ranger bits in MW2, but I actually didn't much care for the Roach/Soap bits.
>>
I loved cod2, cod4, modern warfare 2, waw, and block ops. Hated all the rest. Infinite warfare is pretty cool tho. I was heavy into Mohaa and I couldn't get into the first cod till Uo.
>>
>>377506281
>I do, probably a lot more than you

CUTE!
>>
File: 1426841852828.gif (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1426841852828.gif
6KB, 200x200px
>cod 4
pretty cool but too dark visually
>waw
cool but too much grenade spam
>mw2
really cool
>bo1
dude numbers mason lmao
>mw3
really fucking cool
>bo2
meh
>ghosts
meh
>aw
never finished it
>bo3
weird but okay
>iw
haven't played it yet
>>
World at War was fun despite the grenade faggotry.
>>
>>377506404
>CUTE!
My boyfriend thinks I am.
>>
File: imga.png (254KB, 297x426px) Image search: [Google]
imga.png
254KB, 297x426px
>mfw Soap
I will never forgive the writers for this
>>
Titanfall 2
>>
>>377504730
>GOD TIER
WaW
1+UO

>GOOD TIER
MW2
IW
BO1

>MEH TIER
MW3
BO2

>ABSOLUTE GARBAGE TIER
AW
Ghosts
BO3

Just played UO for the first time last week and holy shit, it has no right to be this good.
>>
>>377504730
CoD 2 has the best campaign by a wide margin.
>>
File: jamescomeylaughing.jpg (10KB, 241x228px) Image search: [Google]
jamescomeylaughing.jpg
10KB, 241x228px
>>377504730
>Call of Duty
>Campaign

Seriously though probably 4. It was actually sort of different when it was released, now all of the other games have just been copying the same formula and driving it into the ground.
>>
>>377507643
CoD4's campaign was almost exactly the same in style and structure as the CoD games before it. And if you're talking about the largely superficial shift to a modern warfare setting, that isn't even "sort of different" either for 2007 unless EA and Activision games are all you play.
>>
>>377504730
MW3 because I enjoyed the locations more and it had that feeling of finality to it as you were taking down the final boss.
>>
>>377504730
Black ops 2 multiple endings and a great villain. To bad the strike missions suck.
>>
>>377504730
They're all arcade like, but the best levels are the sniping from MW1/WaW and all Roach missions in 2. Honorable mention to a few of Black Ops, even if I hated it.
>>
>>377507504
>kids believe this

It was pure nonsense and utterly retarded.
>>
>>377508663
>42 posts in thread
>decide to pick the worst opinion, out of all the various posts in this thread
>AND not even realizing that this is b8
>>
File: 1468475103251.png (646KB, 880x1016px) Image search: [Google]
1468475103251.png
646KB, 880x1016px
>WW2 ones
>COD4
>Black Ops 1 & 2

The first two Black Ops was the peak of COD being a big blockbuster thing, with all that celebrity talent. They're not the greatest FPSs in history, but at least there it felt like a game that warranted the huge advertising campaigns and hideous budgets. And the storytelling is the franchise in top form too.
>>
The very first real level of CoD2, where your Russian training is interrupted by the SS. It isn't technically impressive or that great now, but back then hooo boy was it great
>>
since they're both $10, I'm trying to decide between MW2 and WaW. Which should I get? both maybe?
>>
>>377509924
Have you played COD4? If no, get that or WaW. If yes, MW2 is a fun follow up to it.
>>
>>377509924
I'd go with world at war bud, mw2 is fun but damn it can be cancer online with the ruskies
>>
Black ops 2
The choice and consequence in the game makes it unique, plus it has both cold war and a futuristic setting.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.