[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yfw he is a pygmy lord >yfw he is the pygmy in the statue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 277
Thread images: 16

File: Ludleth.jpg (146KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Ludleth.jpg
146KB, 1600x900px
>yfw he is a pygmy lord
>yfw he is the pygmy in the statue where Gwyn gives him a crown
>yfw he has no legs because Gael ate them
>yfw the eyes of the first firekeeper are Filianore's eyes
>yfw the transposing kiln the same thing as Filianore's egg
>yfw he and Gael have actually been through ALL the timelines
>yfw this explains why Gael has ALL the movesets from ALL the bosses and can instantly teleport using soapstones, he knows every timeline after all
>yfw this explains the multiplayer and the time is convuluted bullshit Solaire gave us
>yfw Gwyn linked the flame because Ludleth linked it
>yfw Ludleth and Gael are the most important characters
>yfw DaSIII was foreshadowed since DaS

>yfw Ludleth is the furtive pygmy
>>
I don't fucking care.
>>
>>377498932

obviously he hasn't been through all the timelines you moron, because otherwise gael would have killed him for his piece of the dark soul

fucking kill yourself
>>
> drek soles """lore"""
>>
fuck this nip shit
>>
>>377498932

since OP has no idea what he's talking about, here's who he is

he's a fucking smart guy who with his merry band of morons figured out how to create more firekeepers, because they were running out

he definitely hasn't been through all the timelines, only Gael and the Ashen One canonically have
>>
>>377499007
fpbp dark souls is fucking shit
>>
File: IMG_0078.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0078.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>377498932
>OPfw typing this magnificent tale
>>
>>377499007
>>377499139
>>377499249
>>377499313

dark souls unironically has the most complete and deepest lore in video game history

name three (3) series with better lore

>inb4 useless pedo weebshit games
>>
>>377498932
>why Gael has ALL the movesets from ALL the bosses
he can teleport?
>>
Man the dark souls 3 ringed dlc was such a let down. I and many others were expecting a full fucking conclusion, not some gayass continuation of the painting fucker story
>>
>>377499457
What happened when you touch the egg shoudl've been an extra ending where you're at the end of the cycles and the world finally dies off for good.
>>
>>377499457

you're a turbo pleb. the ringed city gave pretty much every major story thread closure
>>
>>377499519

i can't tell if this is retarded, but this is exactly what happened
>>
>>377499367
shitcher
mgs
halo
>>
>>377499602
It wasn't an ending
>>
File: Dark-Souls-3.jpg (158KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls-3.jpg
158KB, 1920x1080px
>>377498932
>yfw Gael ate every fucking being in the Dark Souls universe
>>
>>377499367
Unironically the Elder Scrolls pre-Pagliarulo
The Witcher
Middle Earth games
40k games
>>
>>377499550
And what about Aldia?
I was honestly wanting more about him aside from just a possible reference.
>>
>>377499705
>vidya story based on books

WEW

>fucking 40k
>>
>>377499367
Bloodborne :^)
Witcher
TES
>>
>>377499617
>>377499705

witcher and middle earth are adaptations and don't count and you know it. might as well count dante's inferno right?

>mgs
you cannot believe this legitimately right? the games lost the plot and any semblance of coherence years ago

>halo
maybe give you this one

>40k
oh i am kekkin

>elder scrolls
you LITERALLY just admitted it went to shit
>>
>>377499664

yes it most certainly was. at the end of it all the world is literally fucked and there is nothing anyone can do about it except escape into a pocket dimension
>>
Different times aren't actual multiple universes retard, it's just multiple eras
>>
>>377499367
mario
halo
skyrim
>>
>>377500130
this except replace skyrim with Carmen Sandiego
>>
>>377499550
explain, what did they close?

What was now the end of dark souls? That some dude can do another painting?
>>
>>377499790
>And what about Aldia?
What about him? He was the scholar that influenced Lothric into not linking the fire, he did his part.
>>377499457
>ringed dlc was such a let down.
Maybe, it's still the best soulsborne DLC.
>were expecting a full fucking conclusion
Literally every major plot point is solved, what exactly are you complaining about
>>377499272
>he definitely hasn't been through all the timelines
That's why Firelink shrine is full of dead firekeepers and he mentions he linked the fire long ago? Yeah must be a coincidence. And it's totally a coincidence that he looks like a pygmy lord, has the same throne, insists on the fact he is a lord, speaks in very old english and is missing his legs.
>figured out how to create more firekeepers
Yeah he totally figured out how to create more, it has absolutely nothing to do with the world resetting.
>>
File: 1491264600100m.jpg (56KB, 1024x775px) Image search: [Google]
1491264600100m.jpg
56KB, 1024x775px
>>377499367
Witcher
Fallout
Destiny
No go eat a dick you weeb Faggot.
>>
>>377499440
Yes. When you run away he instantly teleports next to you with a soapstone.
>>
>>377500212

better question is what didn't they close. their entire existence, time and all, is about to suffer a heat death, and a man travelled across timelines and universes to create a pocket dimension, what else do you want
>>
>>377500213
He became an immortal, fire-shitting plant deity. I expect him to play a slightly larger role in the world than just "psst hey kid, wanna skip the linking?"
Still, I'm glad the series ended on a decent note before it got too awful.
>>
>>377499884
>>377499813
>>
>>377500213

hurf durf every lord of cinder linked the fire you fucking mongoloid
>>
File: 1493374861636.jpg (53KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493374861636.jpg
53KB, 500x600px
>>377499884
I'd love to see your retarded weeb mind try to dismiss Fallouts lore. You probably can't without sounding retarded.
>>
>>377500394
Stay butthurt.
>>
>>377500353

nah man, that was a huge deal. lothric was the only one capable of linking the fire at that point in time, aldia coming and being like nah man dont fkn do it causes all time to converge as it means that, across all timelines, lothric was the definitive end to the cycles. this of course summons the dreg heap, from which you can access the ringed city

it was a big fkn deal mang
>>
>>377500486

hmmmm fallout lets see. fallout 1 & 2 established a cohesive world with a great lore.

fallout 3 decided that the brotherhood of steel travelled to washington DC for no apparent reasons to do dumb shit

i don't have that image but you know the one I'm talking about

also fallout 4 somehow they got an airship? and the institute is led by idiots doing stupid things for no apparent reasons? also super mutants spread across the united states of america?

come now friend, there's no need to be upset. I too love fallout, but the lore has taken some serious bludgeons to the face with >bethesda
>>
What was the best ending?
>>
>>377500735
step on firekeeper
>>
>>377500268
>With a soapstone
He always teleported behind me does he really use one?
>>
>>377500735
The one where you take the fire for yourself and become op memelord
>>
File: 1493385408480.jpg (38KB, 374x402px) Image search: [Google]
1493385408480.jpg
38KB, 374x402px
>>377500681
Shitthesda's Fallouts aren't regarded as canon here. And the Brotherhood out Northwest had airships in Tactics. The only canologicsl Fallout game is New Vegas, which shis all over any weeb game in story, design, gameplay and actual role playing.
>>
File: IMG_1908.png (309KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1908.png
309KB, 1360x768px
>>377499367
MUH LORE!

Fuck off and die. They were fun games that's it the dream is over souls kiddie. Just because it was your first favourite game series doesn't mean it's the fucking holy grail.
>>
>>377500915

wow friend you can't just pick and choose what entries in the series are and are not canon to justify whatever hatred you have for dark souls.

at least all entries in dark souls don't have to be disregarded by some internet autists as 'non canon' because they introduce retarded shit
>>
>>377498932
Again this copypasta.
So i'll post again:

The game already gives you hints about his story. He didn't offer himself to the fire. He was beaten, legs broken and thrown in it. He's a coward and not pygmy. Pygmy identity is of no concern to the story, therefore why he's "furtive", in the sense that he's a forgotten character and which identity is something elusive.
Just like we can never pinpoint who was the first human, the missing link.
>>
>>377501027
>forgetting about DS2 that all you weebs go into an autistic scree over
Neck youself you dumb cunt.
>>
>>377500396
This is true. Except Lorian linked the fire, not Lothric. There's a reason why they say he "embraced his brother's curse", their souls are linked, the fight is over when Lothric dies, he can keep resurecting Lorian forever, and it's also why he embers up in his second phase just like every other lord of cinder.

What now you memeloving fuck.
>>
>>377501010

3/10 apply yourself. it's objectively good storytelling in an objectively well fleshed out universe with an objectively good story

I know sperglords such as yourself can't seem to comprehend this, but do try to understand that just because you don't like things, doesn't mean they aren't good
>>
>>377500331
Ok now I feel like we played a complete different dlc. How do we know all this stuff?

For me the biggest questions were:
- who is yorshka
- what happened to ocelotte
- what about priscilla

Because the only thing I got from the dlcĀ“s was now.
>there are pgyms
>we never talk to them and we just mention them in the end
>here look now there is slaveritter guts as a bossfight
>he eats pygmies to get their dark soul, then you kill him and get the dark soul
>then you just fullfill his mission, because..reasons.
>>
>>377500809
Yes he does, that's how hardcore he is.
>>
>>377501101

I haven't forgotten about ds2. If you could calmly, without resorting to terrible memes, explain what you find bad about ds2's lore than i'd be happy to discuss it with you

until then, it appears you're just a child crying because you're in the wrong
>>
>>377500681
Not to mention all the plain fucking inconsistencies/retcons in 4. X-01 existing pre-war even though it was a post-war enclave creation. Jet existing pre-war and used by Vault-tec even though it was a post-war invention. Ghouls not needing food or water to live, and on and on it goes.
>>
>>377499884
Except it didn't go to shit, the lore of TES is still fucking solid because they haven't gotten rid of Kirkbrides contributions, only issue is that shit like fucking Skyrim where literally everything about it is fucking retarded is going to be made concrete in the lore when TES VI is released. It's still at this moment the very best vidya world out there, nothing compares to it.

Most of the stuff in the Witcher games is its own stuff.

>halo
>I'll give you that
>40k
>lol nah

Nevermind, you're a retard and I'm done with this thread.
>>
>>377501115

lothric was the only one fit from that world to link the fire, definitely not lorian. if anything he was just unkindled ash like yourself.

the reason why everything's converging at lothric castle is because no one from their timeline is suitable to link the fire, except lothric, and he chose not to
>>
>>377501237
I don't have to explain shit because I don't play shit games. However lots of you weebs throw an autistic screeching rage about it because it was made by Americans and not gooks.
>>
>>377501298

what's wrong with me agreeing with you about halo? I do think it'd be up there in terms of lore

40k suffers from the same problem that the Star Wars EU did, there's way too much content, and too much of it is low quality, bringing down the stellar parts
>>
>>377500225
>Destiny
What are you fucking talking about dude? Destiny doesn't have bad lore but fuck my man you can't be serious.

>Witcher
Based on books though, that is a bit unfair.
>>
>>377501237
Das2s lore, along with 3s is the same thing as das 1
>Big Chad linked the fire
>World's dying, demons and shit
>Have the option to do something about it
>Even if you don't link it some other cuck will
Sure there are interesting things like where did Orenstein go? Or what did vendrick steal from the giants? Either way it doesn't fucking matter, the lore is shit
>>
>>377499367
>le deep lore maymays
>>
>>377501506

Vendrick took from the giants the ability to manipulate parts of the dark soul, which is probably the basis for a large parts of the scientific development in the universe, and probably the basis for the transposing kiln
>>
>>377501182
>he eats pygmies
He did not only eat pygmies. He literally ate everybody who was human or had humanity mate.
>>
>yfw the eyes of the first firekeeper are Filianore's eyes
>yfw the transposing kiln the same thing as Filianore's egg

but that makes no sense
>>
>>377501487
The Grimrores that Bungie retardedly hid on their website had some deep as fuck lore. It actually fleshed out all the Aliens and areas instead of hearing MUH DARKNESS in the game all the fucking time.
>Vex are just trying to code themselves into the fabric of reality, space and time and are only here examining some space magic fuckery they don't understand
>Fallen were the past people the Traveler abandoned and found the Solar System by complete accident. They've been trying to steal the Traveler back in a desperate attempt to restore their lost way of life
>Cabal were sent out traveling for a very long time to find weapons or artifacts to help their homeworld turn the tide on a losing war, although the ones in the Solar System may be the last of their kind because no messages are returning from home.
Some really good stuff that isn't in the main game.
>>
>>377501182
>who is yorshka
Priscilla's descendant
>what happened to ocelotte
Killed by his father during the fight
>what about priscilla
Killed by the chosen undead in DaS

>then you just fullfill his mission, because..reasons.
You fullfill his mission if you bring the blood to the girl. And the reason is that she can paint with said blood. Gael knew he would go crazy during his quest, he was hoping we can find him, kill him and give the blood to the girl.
>>
>>377501801

eyes of firekeeper are definitely filianore's eyes
>>
>>377501843
but why tho?
>>
>>377501446
There are a lot of shit paintings Anon, doesn't mean Picasso is worse because of it
>>
>>377501506
>>377501663
Ornstein went to archdragon peak to find memeless king, we know that from DaS jesus fuck.

Vendrick stole the Throne of Want.
>>
>>377501890
Because the eyes of the firekeeper are the eyes of the first firekeeper.
The first firekeeper was Filianore.
Filianore was close to the pygmy lords.
Ludleth is a pymy lord.
Filianore was therefore close to Ludleth.
Ludleth tells us that "the eyes show a world destitute of fire", which is kinda what happens after Gael's boss fight, the sun is gone, it's over.
>>
>>377501028
>Just like we can never pinpoint who was the first human, the missing link.
He was the first human you gigantic fucktard.
>>
>>377502248
>Because the eyes of the firekeeper are the eyes of the first firekeeper.
I don't understand how you can make this connection
>The first firekeeper was Filianore.
Again don't understand where the connection is
>Filianore was close to the pygmy lords.
Alright
>Ludleth is a pygmy lord.
He is a Lord. We only know that he is a Lord of Cinder and that he is "of Courland".
>Filianore was therefore close to Ludleth.
This has to be conjecture because nothing that I know of hints at this.
>Ludleth tells us that "the eyes show a world destitute of fire", which is kinda what happens after Gael's boss fight, the sun is gone, it's over.
Sure but Ludleth linked the fire in the past, so how could Ludleth know what she would see at the end of the World?
It's more likely that it was a cycle. The world was ending because nobody linked the fire. So Ludleth decided to become a Lord and begin the cycle anew. The rest is more or less unknowable
>>
>>377502694
>call others retard
>cant even into reading comprehension
Offcourse he's the first human. Point is, just like OURS mythical missing link, we can't pinpoint who specifically he actually was, we only know he exist.
>>
>>377502694
I guess the name 'pygmy' throws people off, humans are pygmies in comparison to the Gods.
>>
I played all these games and have no idea what you guys are talking about. I thought it was implied the furtive pygmy was a human not a literal pygmy.
>>
>tfw bandits dagger
>>
>>377503064
I don't understand how you can make this connection
Item descriptions
>Again don't understand where the connection is
Item descriptions and dialogue
>We only know that he is a Lord of Cinder and that he is "of Courland".
We also know he has the same throne as the pygmy lords, similar design, same height, is old as fuck, is missing his legs, and when you read his dialogue it becomes obvious that he is way more than what he wants you to believe. He also says that he "shoulders the world", which would make sense if he fathered humanity, and the "i may be small but will die a colossus" means he knows his actions in life are important. As for Courland, it may be THE name of the ringed city (no NPC inside the ringed city refers to it as such), or an old name, or he's simply fucking with you. Maybe he can transpose stuff because he's just powerful, not because he was a student of transposition.
>The world was ending because nobody linked the fire. So Ludleth decided to become a Lord and begin the cycle anew.
He linked the fire so he doesn't get eaten by Gael and can buy more time.
>>
>>377503468
Correct, they're called pygmies because humans are pygmies compared to gods. We are pygmies the same way the pygmy lords are humans.
>>
>>377499367
Nigga, Dark Souls lore is more convoluted than Zelda's. That's really saying something
>>
>>377503613
can someone tell me all this gael was on all the cycles thing? where was it mentioned? So Gael lived in ludlethĀ“s cycle (the abyss one) and in the ashen oneĀ“s ?
>>
>>377501803
Cabal and Fallen actually sound pretty sad.
>>
>>377503613
Tell me which items and whose dialogue
>>
>>377503850
Gael has been around since the the battle with the dragons. Later he started serving the painting girl.
We know he's been around for a shitload of time considering the state of his sword and his body. We know his only goal was to find the dark souls for the girl.
He can instantly teleport using soapstones, which are gates to other timelines, timelines are irrelevant to him since he's been in all of them.
Most logical answer for Ludleth's missing legs is Gael. Ludleth is called the exiled, that doesn't mean someone punished him, he may have exiled himself to escape, or became exiled when he escaped since he couldn't get back to TRC
Gael is called "the red hood", so we can assume he's been doing this for a very long time, to the point where he gained a reputation.
>>
>>377504107
Read every item and dialogue from the DLC, every item and dialogue related to ludleth, the firekeeper, firelink, and you'll find it eventually.
>>
>>377504505
Excellent post
>>
>>377499367
conjecture doesn't constitute story, and info dumps on items doesn't constitute a replacement for narrative.
>>
>>377504434
>Gael has been around since the the battle with the dragons
how do we know this? Genuine qeustion anon, because I literally donĀ“t know this. You mean since the beginning of the first flame right?

>Gael is called "the red hood", so we can assume he's been doing this for a very long time, to the point where he gained a reputation

so gael actually was in all the cycles from the age of fire until dark souls 3 killing people for humanity?
>>
>>377503607
>bandits dagger
The Bandit Knife is the darkest of souls
>>
>>377501182

>person doesn't take the time to actually read things in a Souls game
>is shocked to find out they missed the entire backstory of the most lore-heavy DLC in the series

It literally explained the entire relationship between humanity and the gods, what happened to the Dark Soul, and showed us the actual end of the universe and the flame cycles.

>who is yorshka
Irrelevant, but she is a descendant of Priscilla
>what happened to ocelotte
Considering the fact that it's just a character mentioned by a "literal who" dragon man going insane, who cares? But it would seem that he killed Ocelotte during the fight and that's what starts crazy mode.
>what about Priscilla
You kill her in the first game?
>>
>>377503468

Pygmies were like...proto-humans. Nothing was ever implied about them before The Ringed City DLC because they had been intentionally wiped from the history books and stashed at the edge of the world. Any "implications" about them before this DLC was hamfisted conjecture at best.
>>
Everyone say hello to Crypto Vaati
>>
>>377504930
>literally explained

What? Where? I read most of the stuff I got and nowhere I saw this. I learned shit about pyromancy girl, the spear dude, the grass thing, the boss souls about demon prince and lothric?

But I saw nowhere stuff about hunanity and gods. Where anon? Which items?
>>
>>377499945
You're blind or retarded. That "end of the world" clearly has Lothric and Anor Londo intact in the distance. What happens in Dreg Heaps and Kiln are chronologically the last events of the series.
>>
>>377504580

Slave Knight gear describes the Slave Knights as having been the vanguard in major wars long ago; Gael ends up in the Painted World (a world for the forlorn), so we assume either he was the last living of his kind or that all of the Slave Knights ended up there and he's just the last one.

Regardless, given we have seen nothing about these Slave Knights in DaS1 (read: the first cycle of the flame after Gwyn links it himself), it is implied that they were even before that time.

Gael didn't start killing people for humanity until after you fuck Friede, because before then he was trying to get you into the painting to help burn away the rot and "free" the little painter girl.
>>
>>377504930
>what about Priscilla
>You kill her in the first game?
Right, but then
>who is yorshka
>Irrelevant, but she is a descendant of Priscilla
How? Where in that thiny world Yorshka was hidden? And most important, who banged Priscilla (before I/we/chosen undead killed her)

In my mind I'm starting to visualize a timeline where Lautrec get in Ariamis first to be father of Yorshka and is a very shit fanfic even to fap
>>
>>377501836
>Killed by his father during the fight
When will this meme end? You can hear Ocelotte's cries during the second phase. At most we killed him together with Oceiros.
>>
File: 9oDDQ.jpg (43KB, 494x493px) Image search: [Google]
9oDDQ.jpg
43KB, 494x493px
>Genuinely trying to make sense of the intentionally vague scraps of 'everything and everyone HAS to be connected somehow even if it makes no sense' garbage that is Souls lore.
>>
>>377505682
It makes sense on the broad terms. But yeah, it's idiotic to think everything has reasons behind it. Some shit are just there because videogame.
>>
>>377504580
Read this >>377505456
It's said that slave knight were used as fodder in the bleakest of battles. When Gwyn went to figh the dragons, he had Nito, the Witch, Seathe, his silver knights, and a bunch of slave knights nobody gave a shit about. Gael was one of them.
>>
>>377505682
>It's OK when kojima does it
>>
>>377505212

Ringed Knight set and weapons

The literal fucking statues of Gwyn crowning Pygmies

The entire existence of the Ringed City (a lot of this is explained by the pilgrim lady before the Angels)

Just look the fuck around my man
>>
>>377505212
But I saw nowhere stuff about hunanity and gods.
You're telling me you didn't hear the dialogue or watch the cutscene where you're told Gwyn gifted the ringed city to the pygmies? Didn't see the statue where Gwyn gives a crown to a pygmy? Didn't listen to the locust's dialogue that tells you everything is a lie?
>>377505330
That "end of the world" clearly has Lothric and Anor Londo intact in the distance.
That's just because Lothric and Anor Londo were the highest points. Anor Londo was build way above the rest of Lordran, Lothric rose from the ground when lothric refused to link the flame.
>>
>>377502248
>Ludleth tells us that "the eyes show a world destitute of fire", which is kinda what happens after Gael's boss fight, the sun is gone, it's over.

NO

People just don't understand the timeline. From Dreg Heaps we go back in time to visit the Ringed City proven by Lothric and Anor Londo visible in the distance when we fight Gael. At the same time Iron Dragonslayer Armor in TRC proves that the events happen in the middle of DS3 vanilla events because IDA must've been already defeated by Ashen One. For this to work however we must assume that killing Dragonslayer Armor early instead of after killing 3 Lords of Cinder is canon because otherwise there would have to be the Dark Sign in the sky.
>>
>>377506160
But Lothric is completely fucked in the Dreg Heaps so it can't be the same moment in time. see >>377506161
>>
>>377505682
>everyone must be interested in the same things I am
>I'm dumb as rock and if I can't understand a video game, it means it's garbage lore
>I cannot find obvious relations, THEREFORE nothing is connected and I'm a huge faggot please fuck my face
>>
>>377505456
>Regardless, given we have seen nothing about these Slave Knights in DaS1 (read: the first cycle of the flame after Gwyn links it himself), it is implied that they were even before that time.

Yes, Way of White Corona point to that, they older than DaS. But then, how he ended with a duty to a girl in a paint that comes after Ariamis and Priscilla
>>
>>377506161
>From Dreg Heaps we go BACK in time to visit the Ringed City
>the Ringed City, located at world's END
Are you retarded or merely pretending?
>>377506269
But the ringed city=/= the dreg heap anon.
Everything is converging towards Lothric in the base game and in dreg heap because firelink shrine is there, it's "ground zero".
Ringed City is accessed from Firelink Shrine where you beat demon prince, you go down the hole where Frampt was and are transported to TRC by lesser demons.
>>
>>377506614
An interesting point but it can be handwave'd with a simple explanation: Gael only experienced loss after Ariamis was done for.
>>
File: You.jpg (124KB, 1394x1899px) Image search: [Google]
You.jpg
124KB, 1394x1899px
>>377506352
>>
>The furgtive pigmy

Creative but no. Manus has already been proven to be the pigmy
>>
>>377505627
>When will this meme end? You can hear Ocelotte's cries during the second phase. At most we killed him together with Oceiros.
Copy/Paste from VaatVydia commentary section:

Estevao 6 months ago

You can see in many videos concepts of ocelott, including horrible sounds of him being crushed, the blood when he is smashed was replaced with water, and everything that show violence was cut off because the creators realize that the game was going to be cut-off in many countries because its was a little "too much".

And maybe i`m one of the only ones that think this scene is one of the most important in the game.

Oceiros fight was suppose to be one of the most "Oh shit..." moments in the game, its was suppose to shock the player, and make him realize all the violence and madness that stroke lothric (kingdom). Most of the moments in the game show a lot of corruption of the world, showing man-centipedes and gooed holy knights that make you either feel sad or grossed, but you really never see the gravity of the situation. Oceiros fight was to really show that the "shit hit the fan", showing how the great kingdom of lothric has fallen into disgrace after so many attempts of make a heir to link the fire.

Many people think it would just be some "gore porn" showing a baby being killed, i also think its horrible but it would be such a powerful moment in the game, one that would strike the player when deciding if he should link the fire, just like seeing the body of countless fire-keepers in a pit. Just like Dark Souls 1 that you find the truth of the dark age avoiding your regular path and finding Dark Stalker Kathe, i think Oceiros might be a optional boss for the same reason, being a hidden horrible truth of the cursed path of linking the fire.

(cont)
>>
>>377507101
It would be such a emotional fight seeing a twisted father trying to protect his baby and then shocking when he kills his own soon in a strike of madness. After the censor, all the focus on the "invisible" baby, and a weird cry of one of the background and Oceiros looking like hes holding something in the entire fight (even in the second form) just make the player confused if he should be seeing something, or if the baby is invisible or if is any baby at all. Most players just went "wow thats was wierd... OH HEY! A MYSTERIOUS DOOR!".

For me Oceiros fight should be one of the most memorable in the Dark Souls franchise and make me really sad seeing ending like that. Oh yeah, my english may be kind bad in some parts but thank you if you read it all.
>>
>>377506819

Proof? We pretty much just assumed it due to lack of alternatives in DaS1, but now we have a much better understanding of the pygmies and humanity so Manus doesn't quite make sense as being THE Furtive Pygmy.
>>
>>377506720
World's end meaning what? It can mean that the access to it is at world's end which is exactly what happens. It can mean that the appearance of The Ringed City which was clearly hidden before as we don't see it from Lothric heralds the end of the world. It can mean a shitton of things so I would like you to prove that TRC is the end of the world.

>the ringed city=/= the dreg heap
Exactly my point, we move in space and time from Dreg Heap and then we're at TRC. After Gael's fight we are supposed to visit the girl in the painting not to mention the fact that AoA can be done after TRC. This proves that the world did not end with TRC. There is literally no evidence pointing towards it. TRC was either a pocket dimension or an illusion since as I said we see Anor Londo and Lothric from there but not vice versa. The intro to the game and main artwork shows basically what we see at the end of TRC. The credits happen after SoC fight which is far into the future - again proven by the state of the world itself. TRC helps explain what happens in the Usurpation ending but if it happened the other way around absolutely nothing would make any sense.

Conclusion: end of TRC is not the end of the world (yet). That happens after the events of DS3 (everything before entering Kiln and Dreg Heap) and even then it depends on the ending (both when and whether it happened and the meaning of "end of the world")
>>
>>377507168
That's all fine but the fact that we hear Ocelotte in the second phase remains. They clearly planned for Oceiros to kill him during the transition but that's just not what happens based on the evidence that is in the game, not leftover files. And in my humble opinion the end product is more important than scrapped ideas when discussing canon.
>>
>>377507316
There's no proof. People saying that we never meet him and he's literally not important at all are probably right. Personally I like the idea that the pygmy we talk to at the start of TRC is THE Furtive Pygmy since he would fit the description nicely but that's just my headcanon and I have no proof.
>>
>>377506753
You're a pretty decent looking man, but braise le sun has been a pretty cringe meme since DaS.
>>
>>377506819
Manus doesn't make sense since the Pygmy predates the Abyss and he doesn't have the Dark Soul.
>>
>>377499007
this
>>
>>377504930
>what about Gwyndolin
You kill him in the first game?
>>
>>377499007
came here to say this
>>
>>377507757
Only cringe by degenerates.
>>
>>377508959
Canonically you don't. If you did kill him in DaS, then Aldritch wouldn't be able to eat him in DaS3.
>>
>>377499367
>write the most incomplete lore ever
>it's the most complete because you can fill in any gaps with whatever you want
makes you think
>>
>>377499367
cod
fifa
pokemon

yawn, next
>>
>>377509113
Prove that we canonincally killed Priscilla
>>
>>377509114
Didn't Tolkien hide all his lore behind fucking songs, poems and little tidbits of dialogue? Why do people praise his worldbuilding abilities?
>>
>>377501028
>manus the primeval man
>>
>>377505682
>vaati headcannon
always makes me laff
>>
>>377509201
Not that guy but why? Literally what would change?
>>377509228
I'm pretty sure some words where mistranslated when it comes to Manus, like in the original he wasn't the "father" of the abyss but something else.
>>
>>377509225
At the very least the silmarillion is a million times more concrete than anything from DS.
>>
>>377509378
Doesn't matter. He stated we killed her in the first game, I want proof that it's canon.
>>
>>377509225
because it all served as an organic basis for his fictional language.
>>
>>377509379
>>377509458
Just to make it clear I don't criticise Tolkien for doing that, it's just that I remember watching a lecture by a guy who praised him for doing this because it made it feel like the world was huge, alive and full of things and wonders we don't and will never know. To me Dark Souls lore is very similar in this regard. It doesn't matter to the main plot who Havel was but it certainly makes the world richer and more interesting. And yet people shit on Miyazaki for doing this.
>>
>>377509741
Again, Tolkien's world had a very well formed base, on top of which a lot of fluff was added.
Dark Souls is pure fluff and no substance.
>>
>most of game's lore and story is hidden and many things are open to interpretation therefore it's deep and good
Nice logic retard. Souls story is pretty simple.
>>
File: C9LDClVUMAQ1vRS.jpg (75KB, 633x705px) Image search: [Google]
C9LDClVUMAQ1vRS.jpg
75KB, 633x705px
>>377498932
>>
>>377509798
On the contrary.
Dark Souls is a lot of substance to the point of being only that.
I don't know why people have a hard time reading Dark Soul as a metaphor. It only gets confusing when you try to read everything at face value. That happens just because most of the lore stuff are just playing with metaphors from real world stuff.
>>
>>377510074
>On the contrary.
holy shit you're delusional, go read a book sometime kid, or at least play a better game like BB
>>
>>377510005
>dumb enough to come in a thread discussing it

Consider suicide senpai.
>>
>>377510074
>I don't know why people have a hard time reading Dark Soul as a metaphor.
Please, explain
>>
>>377510005
>so dumb that you don't even get what the meme is
>>
>>377510386
>humans are just meat
>theres darkness in their nature
>the fire in the world helps them create an illusion that everything is alright and make them forget the truth about their existence
>people make the same mistake over and over again
>all to push further and further away the only certain thing in their existence: dark will come in the end and your fire will fade
It's just a big metaphor for life and how we run away from the truth: our fire and the fire from the world will fade in the end. No matter what we do.
Characters and all that are just there to portrait this.
>>
>>377510005
This is how you become hollow
>>
>>377510870
Yes, you are right, but this is just an overview.

There is a lot of history, charachters and events that make no sense and are never developed. What in the flying fuck is the "age of the deep", for example? I know the mistery make Souls so appealing, but we all expected some answers in the DLC, not another plotline.
>>
>>377510870
I agree that this is one possible interpretation. I think all the endings to DS3 fit different major themes of the game
>linking the fire is about both the lie you described but also struggle against the inevitable
>dark ending is acceptance and understanding
>usurpation is complete selfishness and dickery

There are other metaphors too, like Patches who is basically a meta character that delivers a message from Miyazaki
>some places are better left alone
>greed of man
>players want to rip everything apart in search of any answer to the most meaningless things

Patches/Lapp reminds me a lot of Umineko narrative
>>
>>377511331
I always saw the Deep as stagnated abyss. There's also apparently a lot of links to the shinto religion. See this if you're interested
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FZiAi9LDIs
>>
File: 1494768788066.png (361KB, 500x438px) Image search: [Google]
1494768788066.png
361KB, 500x438px
>>377498932
I thought Bed of Chaos was the pygmy
>>
>>377511616
>I thought Bed of Chaos was the pygmy
I thought Furtive Pygmy was a metaphor for the whole human race :T
>>
>>377499367
>dark souls unironically has the most complete
>complete
>90% is headcanon
>>
>>377498932
What you want to say is that seeing Gael ravage the pygmies he created an illusion of the firelink shrine akin to filianore's spell and uses the bonfires to transport undead ash back in time to stop the slave knight.
>>
>>377511331
Isn't the Deep something in Bloodborne?
http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Deep+Sea

You could read just as a nod to Bloodborne while at the same time talking about darkness. Since the deeper you go, you are normally farther away from the light. Or suffer trying again to think on something objective about it.
The more you think stuff from dark souls through metaphor, the easier it becomes to understand.
>>
>>377501028
>He was beaten, legs broken and thrown in it.
??
>>
You've posted the same OP yesterday, and it's a good attempt it's just has nothing even remotely correct or even important.

Gael's relationship to the painter woman is more important for instance.

The best theory for Filianore's egg is that it hatched a dragon person like the dragon lady in the painted world of DS1.
>>
>>377513740
He meant that his missing legs signify that he was forced to make the sacrifice but that contradicts his dialogue.
>>
File: 1479751035693.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1479751035693.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>377513795
Nah m8, the egg is a transposing kiln and The RInged City was transposed by using it
>>
>>377510870
>Humans are just meat
Except they aren't, humanity is literally a source of dark power that will overtake the fire which sort of undercuts any cosmic horror the series is attempting.

>Theres darkness in their nature
They ARE darkness

>Fire in the world creates an illusion

It's not really an illusion when it resets the curse of the undead and makes things not a shithole hellscape enough for civilizations to rise and fall until the fire needs to be kicked again. That's like saying getting treated for a disease is an illusion because you'll eventually die again. The only way not linking the fire is a sane decision in DS 3 is if it'll only buy a few hundred more years or so. At that point that's not enough for things to stop being a hellscape shithole so you might as well mercy kill the world.

>>377511331
The deep is just shit that forms naturally over the darkness when its still, sort of like stagnant water growing bacteria and flies.
>>
>>377512031
>>377511616
He's just a little weak god who gave birth to the proto-human race of pygmies which became humans.

What I want to know is what the fuck the giants were from DS II.
>>
>>377512031
>I thought Furtive Pygmy was a metaphor for the whole human race :T

yes that was the theory for the first Dark Souls. and it's not really wrong. The DARK SOUL is not necessarily a specific soul, like a lord soul. It's the soul that will be left in the dark when the fire goes out.

>In the first game, in the dark lord ending you take your souls and walk. you have the dark soul.
>In the third game, the fire going out is inevitable and the soul power of the world has been decreased through the circle of rekindling BUT there's a hidden place at the end of the world which shares a lord soul, that's still at a 100%.
>>
>>377513948
>>377513740
>Contradicts his dialog

Not really. He's sort of Miyazaki recycling Gehrman from Darksouls. Both are crippled old men who put up a tough front from honor and hang out at the home base with the waifubait but when they mumble in their sleep they reveal how they really feel about their situation.

Him having been a guy forced into the fire is a lot more meaningful and thematically resonate than him being a reincarnated pygmy lord or some shit.
>>
>>377514040
You really missed the point.
>>
>>377514374
What was the point?
>>
>>377514025
>Nah m8, the egg is a transposing kiln and The RInged City was transposed by using it

what does that mean ? why would the Ringed City need transposing ?

the transposing kiln is really just a glorified anvil for Ludleth to transform Souls into Weapons.
>>
>>377514343
I don't know if there's proof or reason enough for me to dismiss his dialogue as straight up lies
>>
>>377514458
Not taking thins literally. You did exactly that with every line of what i said.
>>
>>377514652
I'm just joking, it's a crazy idea that popped in my mind earlier while reading the thread but I thought maybe someone would post something interesting in response
>>
>>377514159
i think they were just some different species,
they crossed the ocean to get revenge on vendrick who stole some 'item' from them
>>
>>377514652
The Ringed City doesn't need transposed but the pocket dimension where the pygmy lords were kept was transposed from the dark soul
>>
>>377514652
>>377514795
But to answer your question TRC was given as a gift to Pygmies in order to fool them into thinking they're kings even though it was a prison. It would make sense if its origins were magical because it was a seal after all.
>>
>>377504007

Not that guy, but the Hive are cool too.

>Oryx was originally a happy go lucky bug person who just wanted to explore the world and learn all sorts of interesting things
>Oryx's dad, the King, goes crazy because of the whispers of an eldritch artifact
>Oryx's nanny organizes a coup overthrowing the King, and Oryx is forced into exile with her two siblings while the other clan of bug people eat their brood and take the throne
>bug people live short, sad lives and Oryx is given the choice of either dying an unfulfilled life in exile or giving in to the eldtrich whispers to learn the secrets of the universe and avenge her people
>she makes the pact and avenges her people, but find out that the traveler and a much more advanced race of aliens are going to doom Oryx and her people to die on their planet, Fundament.
>The hive are constantly given the choice between surviving or accepting defeat and going quietly.
>>
>>377514708
Given how Miyazaki likes recycling themes I'm inclined to believe it. And I just like the idea of this poor guy trying to go out with dignity this time around. Gehrman straight up lied and he was basically Bloodborne Ludleth.

>>377514836
But where did they come from? Humans came from pygmies and monsters/demons came from the bed of chaos but where did they come from? Were did animals come from by the way?

>>377514719
But the whole metaphor of the fire being an illusion and the dark being acceptance breaks down unless mercy killing is a preferable option vs however many more years linking the fire creates.
>>
>>377514795
Yes I can see you are trolling, you have no clue WHERE the Ringed City is. Vaati has done a disservice to the fans of the game, making it seem WAY more complicated that it really is.

THE RINGED CITY IS ON TOP OF A CHOPPED DOWN ARCH TREE.

>>377514930
>fool them into thinking they're kings even though it was a prison

Actually I answered that.>>377514278 The soul of the furtive pygmy, the lord soul that the pygmies shared in the Ringed City was to be safe guarded for the end of the fire. It was not really a prison, it was more like, stay there it's cool, here my daughter thinks it's cool too. Just don't go out it's dangerous.
>>
>>377514159
The giants are composed of both parts dark souls and lord souls. This balance makes them immense in size and nearly immortal, making them immune to hollowing, though the lesser giants are probably just the Giant Lord's numerous offspring.

The giants are said to have 'risen out of the ground' but I honestly can't remember where.

By the events of DaS3 they have been driven to extinction however.
>>
Jesus christ have any of you faggots ever tried actually enjoying a videogame?
>>
>>377498932
His arms must get tired rather quickly. It looks like they had a last minute chance and decided he was going to be a small fucker and not occupy the entire chair.
>>
>>377515236
The illusion i was referring is the idea you can avoid the dark fate in the end of the road forever. Not some literal magical illusion.
>>
>>377499367
The Elder Scrolls
Fallout
Bloodborne
>>
>>377515779
Yeah but you don't have to think you're stopping the dark forever to think linking the fire is a good idea.
>>
>>377499367
Fallout
Ultima
TES
Earthbound
Grand Theft Auto
>>
>>377515236
i would assume that the giants also came from pygmies considering that the giants are still mostly humanoid, like how humans and gorillas are very different but still share some characteristics

as for other animals, the dragons were there since the very beginning, and dont underestimate that there is essentially an infinite amount of time that passes in the course of the intro to ds1
and in that infinite amount of time im sure plenty of things could have happened that would result in more life being created
>>
>>377514159
What I got, is that they are mutant concentrations of souls and are basically walking trees.

The Giant Lord apparently had the ability to imbue random objects with souls and Vendrick took that from him, putting the entire race of giants on ice.
>>
>>377515494
Who chopped the tree down, anon? It doesn't matter, everything is atop the archtrees, just go into the ash lake and see for yourself. Kiln of the first flame is also on top of an archtree.

In-universe the Dark Soul was divided among all humans and then imprisoned by the Dark Sign. I don't buy the crap that gods wanted to safeguard anything other than themselves simply based on the fact that Gwyn created the Dark Sign. If you go back to Dark Souls 2 even Aldia is clearly (in hindsight) talking about it. They refused to admit humanity's role in beating dragons and they were clearly afraid of it.

Metaphorically the title Dark Souls could be in my opinion literally replaced with something like "Stories".
>>
Just came into this shitty thread to say that for YEARS Soulsfags all agreed that Solaire was Gwynn's firstborn. Literally none of your opinions can be trusted.

Flame away
>>
>>377515893
If it's a good idea or not is another debate.
Point is, it's a constant struggle,to the point of pure madness and full misery by some, to avoid an inevitable fate.
>>
>>377516231
>Has the power to imbue random objects with souls
>When you fight him through memory time travel (lol what?) all he does is stamp around and swing his sword.

He wasn't the smartest tree...
>>
>>377516249
>If you go back to Dark Souls 2 even Aldia
>Dark Souls 2

>>377516249
>everything is atop the archtrees

Yes and you go down one, at the end of the heap of rubbish. The Ringed City is between the "surface" of the world on top of the arch trees and above lake ash.
>>
>>377498932
That's stupid and you know it's stupid
>>
>>377498932
I heard in Japanese he mentions he's a pygmy
>>
>>377500225
Fallout has a surprising about of fucking lore just before the bombs hit.

They can literally make a series of games just base off the crazy shit that lead up to the bombings
>>
>>377516274
>Soulsfags

you mean retarded Vaati followers. It was always head cannon.
>>
>>377516576
>inb4 Dark Souls 2 is not canon

Just read Aldia's dialogue. But you know what? That's not even necessary since TRC brings enough evidence on its own only confirming what Aldia already said.

>Once, the Lord of Light banished Dark, and all that stemmed from humanity.
>And men assumed a fleeting form.
>These are the roots of our world.
>Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite...
>A lie will remain a lie.
>Young Hollow, knowing this, do you still desire peace?
>>
>>377515616
I enjoyed it so much I became obsessed with it and finished it 17 times.

Have you ever enjoyed a videogame anon?
>>
Another dialogue from Aldia

>All men trust fully the illusion of life.
>But is this so wrong?
>A construction, a facade, and yet...
>A world full of warmth and resplendence.
>Young Hollow, are you intent on shattering the yoke, spoiling this wonderful falsehood?

Which is the same as >>377510870 said

And people hate DS2's lore despite having its character explain or foreshadow so much.
>>
>>377516274
>Just came into this shitty thread to say that for YEARS Soulsfags all agreed that Solaire was Gwynn's firstborn.
Yeah no, a bunch of autistic turbosperglords wanted to convince themselves Solaire was Gwyn firstborn because of shitty braise le sun memes. There wasn't A SINGLE ELEMENT that could even hint at Solaire being Gwyn's firstborn. NOT, A, SINGLE, ONE.

But my opinions make sense, unless you've never played the game or the DLC.
>>
>>377516807

I did and it means nothing. Your whole post was just Vaati's bullshit. You are part of the reason people make fan of the lore.>>377516274

It's simple:
>Gwyn leaves Anor Londo with 3 kids left behind.
>Gwyn helps build the Ringed City for the pygmies who he knows have a lord soul.
>Gwyn has more children
>To persuade them to stay so that the soul remains intact he leaves his last daughter there.
>The soul is literally there as back up.
>>
>>377517531
>Ringed Knight set

Malformed black armor of the Ringed Knights. The armor of early men was forged in the Abyss, and betrays a smidgen of life.

For this reason the gods cast a seal of fire upon such armor, and those who possessed them.

Is this straightforward enough for you? Literally spelt out for you.
>>
>>377517706
yes wtf does that change ?!
>>
>>377517179
>And people hate DS2's lore
People hate DaS2 lore because it's not simplistic and straightforward like in DaS, so they get lost and can't meme about how gud they gitted like in DaS.
DaS2/DaS3 lore/story is miles above DaS lore.
>>
>>377517786
That the gods cast the curse of Dark Sign on men which made them weak? Which makes them the enemy of humanity? Which makes your claim that Gwyn wanted to protect humans dumb?
>>
>>377517531
Not him but his post isn't Vaati's bullshit, it's literally Aldia's dialogue.
>>
>>377517895
word for word vaati's head cannon.

I didn't say he wanted to protect them, but safe keep the soul the pygmy lords collectively had.
>>
>>377518045
>Not him but his post isn't Vaati's bullshit
>it's literally Aldia's dialogue

Seriously fuckers I'm done. Everyone was right you lore fags are beyond retarded
>>
>>377518193
Are you ok? I literally copied Aldia's dialogue from the wiki. It's ok if it's 2deep4u (when it's not really complicated especially with new info from TRC) but why are you so angry?
>>
>>377498932
>yfw he has no legs because Gael ate them
I want an art for this scene. Now
>>
>>377499007

this

the games got memed so hard it all lost meaning now, bloodborne is way better in that regard because it's not spoonfed YET, if they announce bloodborne 2 it will turn into a meme series as well and die
>>
>>377499550
>never saw age of dark
>never got to talk to the pygmy about the nature of dark and abyss
>>
>>377519881
You saw an age of dark in the main game.
>>
>>377520102
Untended graces is the closest we got and all it did was leave more questions.
>>
>>377515236
>But where did they come from? Humans came from pygmies and monsters/demons came from the bed of chaos but where did they come from? Were did animals come from by the way?

All creatures, except maybe dragons, were born from the arch trees. Demons are the only thing that didnt and even then they are birthed from a tree like being.
>>
>>377520160
The maiden also describe it in the end.
I don't know what you expect. Everything gets dark. The end.
>>
>>377519603
If anything, Bloodborne has the most straighforward and the most spoonfed lore/story after DaS1.
>>
>>377520160
>There will never be a game where you are a young god trying to keep the age of man from ending and succumbing to the age of fire.

>Everyone is a disgusting blob beast and this is normal. Except you. You're a freakish giant cursed to never die no matter how many times you're killed because every time you die your inner light just gets BRIGHTER.

>The fire wants to burn your comforting cool darkness away and force everything into rigid, orderly forms.

>In the age of fire light will be everywhere. There will be no place to hide, no place of safety. All will be burnt by the lights embrace.
>>
>>377519881
>never saw age of dark
Untended Graves is the age of dark. Same thing, just dark.
>>
>>377521193
Why does the abyss/dark mutate stuff in the game when the graves in pure dark dont?

Why is there still light in the darkest dark?

Why are people so afraid when clearly you can still talk and exist in pure dark as seen in the ending?

And why does the final throws of the world see it turn to an ashen grey wasteland rather than the dark like one of the endings?
>>
kys Vaati
>>
>>377521246
That's because its basically Miyazaki's RPG session where he starts playing Werewolf the Forsaken and then quits and breaks out the call of Cthulhu for the rest of the game. BB was a lot more fun to play but its lore was so boring compared to DS.
>>
>>377521486

>Why does the abyss/dark mutate stuff in the game when the graves in pure dark don't

Because DS has a few plotholes in the lore. Don't sweat it.

>Why is there still light in the darkest dark?

Because its a Japanese game and Japan was influenced by Daoism. There's always a little yin in yang and vice versa, its why there's alternating light and dark cycles.

>Why are people so afraid?

Because humanity is about to go full Manu. Life as everyone knows it is basically over.

>Why does the final throws of the world

Because they thought it looked cool.
>>
>>377521486
-Abyss is different from Dark. It's corrupted and corrupts.
-Fire will randomly spark in the Dark one day. Just accept it.
-Dark means going hollow and losing the light in the world. It's completely understandable to fear it. There's people that don't, see Yuria and the Hollows that follow her.
-In DaS nature, the absence of Dark and Fire is Grey. Accept it.
>>
>>377521891
>Because humanity is about to go full Manu. Life as everyone knows it is basically over.
But its not.

Theres a NPC in the graves thats completely fine and even holds a conversation with you.
Why do people think it kills?
Manus is also unnatural as fuck compared to real dark that the pygmies can control and used to fight dragons with gwyn. Closer to the BoC than anything. A person prodded with forces beyond control, one dark and one fire.

>>377521968
>-Abyss is different from Dark. It's corrupted and corrupts.
I disagree, the knights in the ringed city obeyed orders completely fin during the war of dragons.
>-Fire will randomly spark in the Dark one day. Just accept it.
Yeah, I'll just assume that in the deepest dark firelink will have embers, and in the brightest light the abyss can be found deep underneath.
>-Dark means going hollow and losing the light in the world. It's completely understandable to fear it. There's people that don't, see Yuria and the Hollows that follow her.
But the maiden in the graves didnt? Neither does the firekeeper at the ending or the MC during both. Dark doesnt seem bad, just dark.
>-In DaS nature, the absence of Dark and Fire is Grey. Accept it.
That would imply were going to an age of ancients again which while it makes sense thematically it also makes you wonder why it would go grey rather than dark after the fire faded.

Basically from what Ive seen normal dark isnt really dangerous at all since the pygmy(s) had full control over it enough to raise and command an army comparable to the silver knights just like gwyn and light. But gwyn cant have anything compare to him so yeah.
>>
>>377507545
I'm fairly certain Oceiros performed some profane sorcery that merged him with his child. The cries we hear are probably just vestiges of the child's soul or some such, I doubt there is actually a child there in any real sense. Oceiros has just gone insane.
>>
>>377521486
>Why does the abyss/dark mutate stuff in the game when the graves in pure dark dont?
Abyss=/=Dark anon
>Why is there still light in the darkest dark?
You mean like the candles around champion gundyr or something? Or are you asking why your screen isn't pitch black? Because you wouldn't be able to play the game if you don't see what's going on.
>Why are people so afraid when clearly you can still talk and exist in pure dark as seen in the ending?
Only the gods are afraid, humans know the age of dark is the age of men. This is where humans are the strongest.
>And why does the final throws of the world see it turn to an ashen grey wasteland rather than the dark like one of the endings?
Because after Gael the world will revert to an age of dragons, where everything was grey. Or because the sun died an all, but it'll take a few minutes/hours for everything to turn black, kinda like many of the stars you see in the sky have been extinct for ages.
>>
>>377522482
>Compared to the real dark that the pygmies can control

Yeah I'm sure a bunch of randos are going to do just FINE controlling all the free floating humanity in the air. Gwyn was scared as fuck of humanity for a reason. Humanity takes skill to control.

Gwyn didn't make the darksign for no reason. It'll even out after awhile and a dark civilization might even form but it's going to be chaos until then.
>>
>>377522913
>Gwyn didn't make the darksign for no reason

There are 2 sides to this.

A. Humanity cant be controlled and must be sealed tfor the safety of all including humans.

B. Gwyn is salty others are able to rival his power and tricked them into giving up most of their power and being sealed.

Lots of DaS1 lore says A
DaS3 TRC showed its a false history and says B

What do you believe?
A or B
>>
>>377523073
It's a little of both. The pygmies were controlling Humanity but Gwyn saw potential for abuse. Think of Humanity as nuclear weapons.

The Darksign was probably overkill though. I'm not sure why Gwyn had to seal the darkness with a zombie curse of all things. But then Gwyn wasn't the most competent of gods.
>>
>>377522762
Seems pretty reasonably.

I need more info on that abyss claim, why isnt it dark aside from the fact one is a nature of existence and the other is almost physical.

When its all dark is everything covered in abyss or dark?
>>
File: 1406174221354.png (39KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1406174221354.png
39KB, 184x184px
>>377523331
Alright, I guess the final question that well probably never know is why does the dark manifest as an infection with pus of man and other things.

Thats not the case in pure dark, we see the champ clear of the infection before it sets in when you fight him in the beginning.

Pure dark has less infection than this heap of shit that das3 ended up being with the unnaturally prolonged age of fire and dark squirming behind the scenes.

All I can take from it is that sealing the dark is what causes the infection somehow
>>
>>377498932
maybe he's just a guy with a purpose and that's why he survived
he's literally another player character in the same universe but FROM decided a mass murderer wouldn't fly as well
>>
>>377523774
i'm talking about gael btw
>>
>>377523774
Man a better ending would have been going to the pygmies at the end of times and seeing them, but as you appraoch slave knight gael invades.

Then he tries to kill the npcs but if you get gud you can stop him. They say stuff about space and time and then beg you help by invading gael to stop him once and for all with the real boss fight.

That way theres like 2 or 3 endings to the DLC as well with different lore implications. 1 is gales ending with the painting, one with the pygmies survived and the true age dark, and the meh ending where you get neither
>>
>>377523398
The dark is fine, it's just the opposite of light. It's just that, dark. Abyss is when it gets fucked up. Abyss is the dark what Chaos is to light.

The abyss will always be dark, the Dark won't necessarily be the abyss. See the difference?

Untended graves is the dark, not the abyss.
>>
>>377521486
Because the world was grey before fire and dark, and is returning to that state after escaping the cycles?
>>
>>377523774
Well yeah, we know that already, that's his entire story. He was here since the very beginning, and managed to leave to see the very end of times just because of his unbreakable will and determination to fulfill his purpose and get the dark soul. He's just the lowest of the lowest of literally whos and ended up being the coolest thing in this series.
>>
>>377524451
Then where did abyss come from? Chaos didnt just exist like fire so I dont see why abyss would.

Its been around since dragons apparently
>>
>>377524614
it's a proper tragedy. Playing the game again and meeting him first time as he beaks down in tears, and later all the help he gives you,... it just makes you feel shit when you kill him in the end, muc more than area 5 boss in DeS.
>>
>>377524916
dude
he tricked you into the painting
>>
>>377498932
He doesn't look like the other Pygmies.
>>
File: 3443434.png (87KB, 193x179px) Image search: [Google]
3443434.png
87KB, 193x179px
>>377498932
Dubious Grandma: Shit-Ass Dead Dude... Know'st thou of Hell Fuck Castle, high in the mountains...? (laughter) It was once the domain of King Big Sad Guy, who did the Flame Thing.. Legend tells of the castle's steward, the great and terrible HorseDog, but who is to say if it still roams the halls... (solid minute of laughter) Oh, how silly of me; but of course, a new arrival in Drangranthric wouldst know not such tales... One such as thee... wouldst be better suited to sharpen the blades of the dreaded wraith of Why'd They Put Anorher FUCKIN SWAMP LEVEL Marsh..... Armor Type of Dude. That is... ifst thoust canst livest thatst longst... (five minutes of laughter; unskippable)
>>
>>377524862
Abyss was created in Oolacile by accident when they violated the grave of Manus.
Chaos was product of the Witches of Izalith.
>>
>>377498932

Fuck off vaati. You don't have a clue.
>>
>>377525123
>been around since before time
>it was made in oolacile

No it wasnt? TRC shows that the knights armor was made from the abyss in the war against dragons before the age of fire.
>>
>>377525291
Ah okay then. Havent played this dlc yet.
But if Chaos was product of a Lord in ancient times, i don't see why Abyss couldn't as well. Except one is byproduct of the Fire, while other from Dark.
>>
>>377499367
>most complete and deepest lore

It's literally just western fantasy from someone who lacked reading skills aka miyazaki.
>>
>>377525104
>Sound of nerds furiously masturbating over the thought of the TRUE story behind King Sad Guy and how HorseDog was truly best waifu.

Best lore. Best lore. How can books even hope to compete?
>>
File: 325793257893275.jpg (113KB, 445x518px) Image search: [Google]
325793257893275.jpg
113KB, 445x518px
>>377525104

Don't mind me my dude.
>>
>>377525104
Take your meds
>>
>>377525529
>Jap anime/manga/vidya is really just a rip off of decades old western books

So what else is new?
>>
>>377525060
Then it must be a coincidence that he has the exact same throne as them, and the only beings this tall are him and the pygmy lords. Yeah, must be completely unrelated things, literally nothing in common.
>>
>>377525620
fuck he looks good
and that voice my god
>>
>>377525506
Yeah I agree with that.

Its jsut that a lot of the lore implies that the abyss can actually be controlled just fine by the pygmies who used it to raise armies and fight dragons next to gwyn.

I think the abyss was fine, until it was sealed. Then you have everything that looks awful happen.
>>
>>377526045

Hi vaati. Too bad you're a manlet.
>>
>>377526338
>muh manlet
He makes more money and fucks more girls than everyone on this subreddit combined, while you sperg out because he "stole" his content.
>>
>>377499689
>Hand it over, that thing. Your Dark Souls III: Collectors EditionĀ®

Fucking dropped
>>
>>377526218
Maybe the problem isn't sealing it but the fact that when it got released, there was no one there with the knowledge in how to control it.
>>
>>377526553
Sure you do vaati, sure you do, if you consider your autismtube bucks to be any kind of relevant money.
>>
>>377526887
Yeah I could see that if it werent for the fact that the ringed city is under the control of the pygmies and also completely lost to the infestation.

Both sides are tough to reason out with no definitive answer.

I think gwyn had no idea about the infestation since its never mentioned way back then, it was a side effect of his plan.

Unless theres a specific armor I missed reading up over and over that says the abyssal infestation is as old as time. Maybe Midir could be interpreted that way but it can also bee seen as a power limiter. the pygmies could never amass enough dark power to break free because the dragon was always devouring it.
>>
>>377498932
So in the end we can all agree the DS lore turned out to be pretty half-baked and inconsistent in the end, right?
>>
>>377527515
Yes. It was clear they were more interested in creating cool moments and quotes then they were crafting a cohesive narrative.
>>
>>377509225
Gee I dunno maybe because that's how knowledge was actually preserved in olden days and doing it that way is interesting and cool?

Would you prefer it if Gandalf pulled out a fucking spreadsheet and some Wikipedia articles, Spergo?
>>
>>377525937
I'm just saying is all. Since most of the lore in these games is based on speculation anyway he could be a pygmy but I don't think he is the original Furtive Pygmy.
>>
>>377526553
Holy shit, it's really vaati. Have you escaped the manlet pit, bro? Will you now return to best buy without new souls games? Are you still afraid of redgrave kicking your ass?
>>
>>377527295
Considering the views he makes, the amount of video he makes and his patreon, he easily makes a few thousands a month.
>>377527617
>so much hate just because he's good looking and makes money from a game you make
You can be sure he'll find topics to discuss until the next From game comes out and then the cycle will begin anew. He'll talk about lore and you memeloving fucks will cry about it.
>redgrave
Literally who?
>>
>>377499689
>yfw Gael ate every fucking being in the Dark Souls universe
But he didn't. He just feasted on the Pygmy Lords.
>>
>>377527515
Not really no.
My only disappointment is not meeting the snakes again. I'm okay with all the rest.
>>
>>377527615
>Since most of the lore in these games is based on speculation
But it's not. 90% of the lore is solid stuff, nothing confusing about it.
>he could be a pygmy
No, he IS a pygmy lord, we know that. The japanese version refers to him as pygmy, and the throne+height+everything. Only speculation is that he's THE furtyve pygmy, but a lot of things are pointing towards that.
>>
>>377528082
Yeah, and he got that huge lump on his back and animalistic behaviour after eating 4 pygmies?
He had the eat every being that had some dark soul in him, which means all of humankind.
>>
>>377528007

Don't overact your larping, faggot.
>>
>>377528405
>90% of the lore is solid stuff, nothing confusing about it

Woah there, I like Souls lore but I wouldn't say that.
>>
>>377527605
You are retarded and didn't read my other posts, good job you fuckhead.
>>
Please don't be banned.
>>
>foreshadowed

You keep using that word.
>>
Dark souls 2 and 3 made me hate the lore.

Give me complete stories like Demon's, Dark 1 and Bloodborne again.
>>
>>377531638
Dark Souls 1 isn't complete, it's a cycle. If you don't understand that you probably shouldn't be voicing an opinion.
>>
/v/ I keep dying to Blackflame Friede help
>>
>>377532325
give up
>>
>>377527515
Yes, they didn't resolve anything and just tried to milk the franchise in the next games.

>>377531638
Just don't consider 2 and 3 canon since they probably aren't.
>>
>>377532379
No fuck you!
>>
>>377527515
I wouldn't say that, just that it kept introducing new ideas and themes and never went anywhere with them.
They started writing them and gave up on them halfway, so you never get any closure on anything. Ever.
Thread posts: 277
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.