[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As someone who has never played this, will I enjoy it if I began

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

As someone who has never played this, will I enjoy it if I began today?

Has it aged well?

I've heard good things but thirteen years is a long time
>>
I just recently played it this year for the first time and it still holds up amazingly. Great atmosphere, characters, music, and artstyle. It really hasn't aged at all, I'd say it even aged better than games like HL2.
>>
patch the shit out of it because Troika never pretest it. Unofficial patch are really easy to find.

And it's one of the best RPG ever made, in a pretty unique niche genre with the blessing of Whitewolf (and a source engine prototype ripoff lol).

Run for it BUT ! Go Ventrue, Toreador or Malkavien for better gameplay. Tremere, Brujah and Gangrel are not bad but a little meh. Don't even to speak about Nosferatu
>>
>>377493736
Yes, unless you're a pleb
Just don't forget to install the Wesp's patch
>>
>>377493893
What's wrong with Tremere?
>>
>>377493893
Even with Steam install?
>>
>>377493736
If you patch it correctly to make it playable and if you like the setting, it's impossible to not enjoy it.
It's very flawed but it's still one of the best games ever made, that's saying something about what it does well.
>>
>>377493893
>Ventrue, Toreador or Malkavien
HOLYSHIT. Casuals get out. I bet you use the shortcut Wesp put in the sewers too HUH????
>>
Don't open the sarcophagus
>>
>>377493736
it's ebin but imo, it falls apart by the quarter act. Something you wont ever hear from VTMB shills.
>>
It looks suprisingly good but the facial animation is wonky as fuck imo.
Also Damsel best girl.
>>
>>377493736
Combat can be clunky, e.g. most firearms are shit, melee and unarmed animations are a bit unreliable. There's a three hit unarmed combo but the times the third hit actually connected the enemy instead of hitting the air, I can count with one hand.

As long as you install the latest version of the unofficial patch, it has aged gracefully except very minor combat issues like those I said above, stock body animations, and maybe a few little stupid shit like how some levels drag forever and the ending levels are grindy with waves and waves of enemies.

You'll like it, just don't open it.
>>
>>377493736

ISOLATED
>>
cheat through the sewer level
>>
Some body animations are funny, the character building is not well balanced, combat can be weird, and some disciplines are too overpowered.

All in all it's a good game but don't forget that you NEED the unofficial patch which has two options, basic for a vanilla experience, and plus for some extras like restored content.

>>377494287
Literally every other "VTMB shill" acknowledges this, you fucking cum bait.
>>
>>377493736
Probably too old for you if you need to ask.
Try Fallout 4 instead since it was made for people like you.
>>
>>377493736
I played it in 2014 when I was 17, and I loved it. I've been playing it again recently, and I still love it - even though it's on my poor performing laptop.
It's definitely worth trying.
I don't know why this guy >>377493893
is saying don't go Tremere, I went with them on my first playthrough and I didn't regret my choice.
>>
what other games separate the charisma stat into different categories like seduction, intimidation and persuasion?

>women
>having any form of charisma that isn't seduction
pick 1
>>
>>377495096
I presume every female politician that isn't attractive would have plenty of points in persuasion.
>>
DONT OPEN IT
>>
>>377495217
>using the m'lady meme
>while unironically white knighting hypothetical females
>>
>>377493736
As others have said, it has aged very well. Get the unofficial patch.
Play Ventrue.
Totally open it. You know you want to.
It's what a Ventrue would do.

Then do a Tremere (for phenomenal cosmic power and itty-bitty living space), or Malk playthrough.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.