[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets talk about the worst game ever. Its just so bad and I hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 28

Lets talk about the worst game ever. Its just so bad and I hate it. The UI is shit, there's no graphics, and there is a bunch of pointless shit like randomly generated personalities and a random chance of homosexuality. Its bad.

Dwarf Fortress thread
>>
>>377482886
Wait, there are homos now?
>>
you're a random chance of homosexuality
>>
I never could get too much into it, I got the designation system and familiarized myself with the hotkeys but it was always overwhelming at some point.
>>
>>377482928
Yeah, you can change the chance of homosexuality in the raws.

Yes, you can make a civilization of immortal yuri elves if you wanted.

Yes you could make them have babies.
>>
>>377482886
Made me click lol.
Why have a DF thread here though, just go post in the general it's very active.
>>
>>377483085
Well i'll conscript the male on into the millitary, they'll be the ''Flaming Spears''

Dunno what i'll do with the lesbians.
>>
>>377482962
Try adventure mode first to ease you into it. You can build log cabins in adv mode now so its a good stepping stone.
>>
>>377483132
But now that i'm here.
You guys have any tips for building aqueducts, fountains?
I've been running an aboveground fort, and when I finish my castle I plan to work on those. I already have the actual aqueduct and resevoir built, - a pumping system. But I don't have any plumbing or water features planned out, I want to put a big fountain in the courtyard of my castle though.
>>
>>377482886
t. brainlet
>>
I really enjoy Rimworlds. Could anyone sum up the major differences between these two games?
I might give df a shot.
>>
>>377484167
Rimworld:dwarf fortress::civilization revolution:modded Civ 4
>>
so
when DF will finally get a GUI?
>>
>>377484167
Rimworld is boring, simple, and a theme park due to the AI that generates events
Dwarf Fortress is !!FUN!!, horribly complex, and a fantasy world/story generator
>>
2 cat
>>
>>377484167
Rimworld has gameplay, DF doesn't. You basically build bedrooms for 20 hours until something kills your fort, you cry and pretend like it was interesting.
>>
>>377484167
Dwarf Fortress is different from Rimworld in that it:

>uses ASCII graphics
>Lets you play as an individual adventurer in addition to fortress management
>Has Z-levels, ie you can go up and down
>generates history before you play
>UI is not as good
>fantasy instead of sci-fi
>combat is much better, especially in adventure mode

The most important thing though, in my opinion, is that Rimworld was designed as a game, and DF was designed as an incredibly complex fantasy world simulator that we just happen to be able to play.
>>
>>377484830
>I've never played DF, the post
>>
>>377484830
>play rimwolrd
>only way to die is constant generated attacks from outside
wow
>>
>>377483225
how to get into adventure mode?
even using the quick start guide, all I manage to do is become a walking bundle of clothing, get some companions, wrassle some animals and then get my shit pushed in by the first bandit I see
It seems no matter how much I train, either a lucky arrow or bullshit attack takes off an arm or something
I also haven't played since 0.42.06,
but noticed a 64-bit version got released recently prompting me to come back
>>
>>377485390
My advice, contrary to the other anon, would be to just try and play fortress mode. It's pretty easy to get a self-sustaining fort running, and then after that, all you need is a little creativity to find things to do.
>>
>>377484881
>an incredibly complex fantasy world simulator that we just happen to be able to play.
I can't wait till magic is implemented and the economy gets reintroduced (if ever)
>>
File: dorf.png (278KB, 1000x4030px) Image search: [Google]
dorf.png
278KB, 1000x4030px
>>377485390
>It seems no matter how much I train, either a lucky arrow or bullshit attack takes off an arm or something

Protip, choose demigod and get Dodge to at least 11. You'll end up surviving much more. If you've already done that, then consider getting a few companions in taverns and stuff to keep the enemies off of you.

>I also haven't played since 0.42.06,
but noticed a 64-bit version got released recently prompting me to come back
here are the major changes

>I can't wait till magic is implemented

That'll probably happen after the next two updates, which are artifacts and quests and procedural creation myths. Magic might actually happen in the myth arc, we don't know.
>>
>>377485270
Are dragons still easily trapped in wooden cages, DFag?
>>
>>377484167
>Rimworlds

Is it a game about exploring Uranus?
>>
How do the artifacts in the next release differ from the strange mood artifacts that are made during the game?
>>
File: 1457041889204.jpg (130KB, 355x440px) Image search: [Google]
1457041889204.jpg
130KB, 355x440px
>>377485793
>Next release
NEVER EVER
>>
>>377485793
Artifacts will be made all around the world and they can be sacred relics like a priest skull or something.

The main change isn't to the artifacts themselves, but the fact that civilizations and entities recognize them as artifacts and will fight over/steal/purchase them.
>>
It was inevitable
>>
>>377485793
From what i've gathered, more interactions, people will try to steal them, you can send out expiditions to steal artifacts from other civs and recover your own.

There's probably more than that though.
>>
>>377483348
Screw pump stack?

>>377485629
To hell with megabeasts, werebeasts and vampires can easily make the fort go mental, especially if you trust your dwarves to accurately point fingers. I have a chained weregoat that managed to singlehandedly cause a section of my fort to devolve in Murder Central. Two other sections are still standing (entrance and farms have their own burrows with workers living there without contacting other dwarves), but goddamn I was close to complete collapse.
>>
Is Legends Viewer accurate?

I had an invasion of about 50 goblins, trolls, and beak dogs. I killed most of them before they retreated then saved and loaded up the legends viewer to check the casualties. It said I only killed two goblins. I really want to decrease the goblin population of my tiny island map.
>>
>>377486185
It might only count historical figures.
>>
>>377484167
Suprised no one mentioned a key difference
>rimworld average colony size is 1-20
>dorf fort softcaps at 200

Other notable ones are
>Dorf fort has simulated hydraulics/water (also magma which functions as water physics wise)
>damage system in df is more complex because toady is an autist so your dorf can lose body parts such as left incisors and left middle toes
>lots of randomly generated creatures as well as many predefined ones in comparison to rimworld limited enemy variety, also leads to Bizzare things like titans made of ash or stone
>damage system combined with the emotions system will bring out your inner sadist as you torture your excess cheesemakers and force them to fight goblins armed only with a spoon for the glory of Armok

Overall I'd reccomend giving it a whirl. If it's too much for you play adventure mode and powerlevel your character for lulz
>drown yourself under a bridge for three days and nights
>wrestle a single crab for hours
>grab seagulls by the toe while wearing armor and let them peck at you for days while lying facedown in the sand
>pick up an ungodly amount of rocks in your hands until you can no longer move, knap them, then throw them at your feet over the course of a week
>end result is ungodly warrior who can dodge almost any attack, deflect the rest, wrestle a dragon to the ground and throw random junk at his enemies with enough force to shatter their skull and scramble their brains.
>>
>>377485561
I hope economy gets introduced eventually. I want to do more than just jew merchants for dorfbux. I want to make a huge vault of valuable gems and currencies the world over, collected from said merchants and wanderers. I want to make my own Moria
>>
>>377483085
brb reinstalling
>>
>>377485628
I should pick it up again. Last time I played was around z-level designations. Made it so much easier to make central staircases.
>>
File: 1403058945381.gif (3MB, 699x415px) Image search: [Google]
1403058945381.gif
3MB, 699x415px
>>377482886
>I'm pretending to be mad & retarded to get people to post in my thread
Or you could've just posted "DF thread" and that would've been fine too. You know damn well the DF community is civilized.

>>377484167
Rimworld is DF-Lite with a mouse UI (which makes it slower to play) and graphics stolen from Prison Architect. DF beats it in all other ways though casuals usually cry "muh graphics" and "learning hotkeys are hard". DF itself is fairly easy.
>>
>>377490072
>Or you could've just posted "DF thread" and that would've been fine too. You know damn well the DF community is civilized.

Yes, but the DF community is also too small to keep the thread going for long. Shitposts are like the fertilizer on which you grow a proper crop. Sure it smells like dung but the plant will die without it. Basically all the idiots who respond to the shitpost portion without thinking will keep the thread bumped longer.
>>
File: 1440833599526.gif (39KB, 294x298px) Image search: [Google]
1440833599526.gif
39KB, 294x298px
>>377489117
Me too. The original Dorf Economy was only really broken because hauling at the time was crappy. Back then dorfs would spend 90% of their time hauling individual coins around. With hauling how it is now all toady would really have to do is re-enable the economy,make some balance changes and bugfixes and get it working with taverns.

I still forge a set of coins every year of my fortress though, sometimes exporting them in caravans, setting them aside for adventurers or storing in vaults.

I also keep a "Hall of records" where I engrave a section every year.

>>377490248
Yes
>>
>>377484789
1 cat
4 cat
>>
If someone can just mod Dwaf Fortress' combat system into Brogue I'll be happy.

The combat descriptions are the best part about that game and I dont give a fuck about the rest of it.
>>
File: 1366269122384.png (47KB, 160x148px) Image search: [Google]
1366269122384.png
47KB, 160x148px
>>377484789
>2cat
>not wanting endless free bones, leather, meat while protecting your stockpiles from vermin
>also a good source of !!FUN!!
>>
>>377490347
>not continually minting copper, silver, gold and platinum coins
>>
File: 1393568790079.png (302KB, 825x979px) Image search: [Google]
1393568790079.png
302KB, 825x979px
>>377490456
combat system got a rewrite a year or two ago, movement speed and combat speed got separated so if you're an armless legless biting adventurer you're not useless anymore

>>377490526
I know it's probably basic Dorf Physics, but would Platinum Coins do more damage when thrown than Copper ones?
>>
>>377490615
I don't know, but I did crush a dwarf's hand by dropping silver coins on them.
>>
>>377490615

>I know it's probably basic Dorf Physics, but would Platinum Coins do more damage when thrown than Copper ones?

yes

For training purposes you want to dump a thousand coins above a trapdoor, position a dorf under the trapdoor and then drop all these lightest coins resulting in one thousand separate attacks and instantly making them a master dodged/armour skill user and loads of fantastic shit.
>>
File: 1440852921695.jpg (55KB, 800x799px) Image search: [Google]
1440852921695.jpg
55KB, 800x799px
>>377490773
Coinstars still work?
I've always wanted to try making one (or the "fall down a chute onto wooden spears) for skillups and !!FUN!! but I assumed the version that nerfed Danger Rooms would've also nerfed Coinstars.

Making the shit out of copper coins now.
>>
>>377490862

>copper

Woah you crazy bastard, make them out of the lightest possible wood or something.
>>
File: 1355273554023.gif (1MB, 274x230px) Image search: [Google]
1355273554023.gif
1MB, 274x230px
>>377490904
ah, cant make wood coins. according to a wiki article from 0.34 leaves, socks and seeds work too.

I also want to make a Goblin Popcorn machine by filling a room with retracting drawbridge, filling it full of Silver Bars and luring them in with a kitten or something. Lock the gate behind them and pull the lever.
>>
File: 1407738786502.png (685KB, 3456x3456px) Image search: [Google]
1407738786502.png
685KB, 3456x3456px
Post aesthetic forts
>>
>>377491260
I wish I had the patience to do circles in DF.
>>
>>377484729
If you are not stupid the current interface is absolutely usable.
>>
>>377491260
is the dick intentional
>>
>>377491260
K N O T T E D
N
O
T
T
E
D
>>
File: 1493797812038.png (9KB, 817x625px) Image search: [Google]
1493797812038.png
9KB, 817x625px
>>377492573
>is the dick intentional
>>
>>377484167
Rimworld is babby's dwarf fortress. Rimworld with the SK modpack is a comfy/casual dwarf fortress alternative though.
>>
>>377491707
usable and bad aren't mutually exclusive.
it's usable, and it's also terrible.
>>
>>377482886
>hear about Dwarf Fortress for a while
>interested in the level of intricacy it is said to offer
>never download because its always siad to be really hard
>one day say fuck it, may as well try
>download, read up a bit, confused by everything I read
>legit nervous
>launch
>get visually assaulted by loads of symbols
>start game
>no idea what anything means
>try fucking around for about twenty minutes
>become frustrated
>quit, delete game files
>confused
>ashamed
>feel like a failure
It was all true. You guys didn't lie.
>>
I played for some time and get hoe to control the game etc. But I always find it messy and hard to tell what's happening.
>>
>>377494069
Try adventure mode first. You only control one dude and its a good way to learn what all the symbols mean at your own pace. Another good idea is to use a graphics pack like Obsidian or Ironhand, if you definitely can't figure out all the symbols. But I don't recommend that because you usually end up relying on it, meaning you have to wait much longer to play new updates since you have to wait for the graphics pack to be made compatible.
>>
>>377484167
DF is more about being creative and making your own little dorf simulation. It's not really challenging after you learned the ropes, unless you search for the challenge yourself in the form of restrictions and/or difficult biomes. It also has fucktons more details due to the dev being pretty autismal
Rimworld is more about the challenge, trying to stay on top of the ever-increasing difficulty and stretching your resources to the max

I like both for their indivdual strengths
>>
>>377494069
Follow a guide for 2-3 hours when starting to learn the basics
Have the inspect key and the wiki on hand afterwards
The rest comes naturally
>>
File: (CAN'T EVER WAKE UP).png (56KB, 166x205px) Image search: [Google]
(CAN'T EVER WAKE UP).png
56KB, 166x205px
>mfw reading about magic
My dick gets mahogany hard.
>>
File: 45144209_p0.jpg (918KB, 900x1432px) Image search: [Google]
45144209_p0.jpg
918KB, 900x1432px
>>377494069
Use lazy newb pack if you don't like ascii it automatically applies a tileset and some fixes. Also since you already read up on how to get started you just need to get used to the menus really
>>
File: timdenee_bronzemurder_3.jpg (102KB, 1000x709px) Image search: [Google]
timdenee_bronzemurder_3.jpg
102KB, 1000x709px
Why all of those "EPIC" and fantastic stories that dwarf fortress supposedly allow you to experience revolve around the same scheme?

>there was a fortress and it was doing good
>suddenly some random strong monster appeared
>everyone was killed by it

And you guys are so excited about that? Everyone who plays it says that stories and randomness is the main feature, but all I see is the same kind of stories, nothing really interesting.

And to get all this you have to endure horrible interface which is basically patchwork clusterfuck with key bindings that make no sense, and decypher ANSI graphics that, while ok for roguelike, does not fit this kind of complex strategy game. And the author is autistic fuck not wanting to change anything to make his game more appealing.

Why would anyone play that, beside for false feeling of elitism for mastering the horrible controls and graphics? To make things even worse the DF community is terrible and very unfriendly. They act so defensive and look down on anyone who didn't invest 1000+ hours to master the UI like them. But they have to rationalize this waste of time, I guess.
>>
>>377494364
>Why would anyone play that, beside for false feeling of elitism for mastering the horrible controls and graphics
Because it's fun
Also that insecurity
>>
>>377490072
What texture pack is that?
>>
>>377494194
>>377494256
>>377494347
I might try again, most likely with one of the visual packs you guys mentioned. All the ASCII made me dizzy.
But I think this game did something to me. I barely dipped my toes in and I was broken.
In a way it was humbling.
I appreciate the tips.
>>
File: 60674889_p0.jpg (745KB, 691x869px) Image search: [Google]
60674889_p0.jpg
745KB, 691x869px
>>377494364
People like DF because of how complex it is and what that allows you to do. The UI and steep learning curve are a consequence of that and toady's autism. If you want help starting just read a guide or watch a tutorial on youtube there are a lot to choose from no need to be passive aggressive
>>
I like DF but the dwarf management gets out of hand pretty fast. Having to spend so much time in menus micromanaging which dorfs do what each migrant wave and then spending even more time debugging the fortress to figure out why certain things aren't being done becomes a chore. Then on the opposite side is Factorio which focuses so hard on base management and logistics without any units to manage that it feels cold and impersonal, like there's no real point to building all that shit. I wish there was an autism game somewhere in between the two.
>>
Link to the pictured starter guide:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~morty/Getting_Started_with_Dwarf_Fortress.pdf
>>
>>377494364
>Why all of those "EPIC" and fantastic stories that dwarf fortress supposedly allow you to experience revolve around the same scheme?
>>there was a fortress and it was doing good
>>suddenly some random strong monster appeared
>>everyone was killed by it
Because those are stories that are easily transcripted. That's also not even true, many stories are about silly engravements, physics shenanigants, constructions, legendary warriors, and so on
>Everyone who plays it says that stories and randomness is the main feature
No, the depth and creative freedom are
>And to get all this you have to endure horrible interface which is basically patchwork clusterfuck with key bindings that make no sense
They do make sense for the most part, and are a really efficient way to navigate the UI once you've become accustomed to them
> and decypher ANSI graphics that,
Tilesets are your friend
>And the author is autistic fuck not wanting to change anything to make his game more appealing.
Yes, toady does in fact not care about you
>Why would anyone play that
Because it still manages to be an unique experience and a compelling game
> beside for false feeling of elitism for mastering the horrible controls and graphics?
Projection, son
>To make things even worse the DF community is terrible and very unfriendly
Except that's wrong, if you're showing willingness to get into the game people will support you with various content. It's only when you barge into the thread to repeat the usual 3 talking points while soundling like a little bitch and insulting people that they'll tell you to fuck off
>>
>>377494867
>I like DF but the dwarf management gets out of hand pretty fast. Having to spend so much time in menus micromanaging which dorfs do what each migrant wave
I find colonist templates to be pretty good for that. After a while you generally know what your fort needs and what a dorf can become. Like, I'll have templates for Smiths, Doctors, soapmakers, milita, peons and so on, and the new 30 dorf migrant wave is easily categorized that way. But yes, it can be pretty overwhelming at the beginning
>I wish there was an autism game somewhere in between the two.
Try Rimworld, way smaller pop numbers
>>
>>377494867
>I like DF but the dwarf management gets out of hand pretty fast. Having to spend so much time in menus micromanaging which dorfs do what each migrant wave and then spending even more time debugging the fortress to figure out why certain things aren't being done becomes a chore.

Thats why Dwarf Therapist was fucking invented. Use it.
>>
>>377486185
check the combat logs to check the casualties, not the legends viewer because most goblins aren't legendary if they're doing grunt work like invading your small fort
>>
>>377494364
Every story seems generic if you abstract it to such a degree

>There was a person who lived a normal life
>Bad things happened to them
>In the end it worked out

Holy shit, Hollywood are complete hacks. I can't believe they give Oscars to this trash.
>>
>>377495150
That really just makes things worse and doesn't change the fact that DF is more about dwarf management than fortress management. I don't want to stare at a massive grid of numbers for an hour to figure out how to reapportion tasks based on skill distribution.
>>
>>377495456
>vastly reduces the issue you're having with the game
>That really just makes things worse
I'm not following anon

>DF is more about dwarf management than fortress management.
Dwarf does come first in the game
Managing an empty stone hall would be pretty boring
>>
>>377495639
Dwarf Therapist is a solution to dwarf management being shit with the built-in UI. It is not a solution to dwarf management being a shit, unfun process in general.
>>
>>377495639
>game
name
>>
>>377482886
>>377482928
>>377483085
Dorf Fort once again confirmed GOTYAY
>>
>>377495773
It's a necessary evil, though. The game wouldn't be remotely as complex or fun if every dorf had the same capabilities. And it really isn't all that time-consuming with DT and templates, it takes like two minutes to categorize most of the dorfs into the predefined classes and another to adjust the few who don't fit the criteria

If you just cannot stand it even with DT then it's just not the game for you, dorf management is an integral part of the game
>>
>>377495456
Who gives a shit whether a dwarf is good at a job? By the time you've had him working on it for a year he'll be more than competent.
>>
>>377495864
>templates
Tell me more, I haven't played in years.
>>
>>377495970
I was talking about templates in Dwarf Therapist, aka making your own jobs and assigning whole groups of dorfs to them
It's unlikely that the ingame system gets an upgraed anytime soon, Toady keeps the UI to the very end because he doesn't want to keep fixing things with every new iteration and because his code is spaghetti
>>
>>377491597
dfhack has features to automatically designate full or hollow circles according to input circumference.
>>
>>377484789
lmao
>>
I found the whole ghost shit really killed the game for me, I can't just execute a wave of migrants because they are going to haunt me forever, even though they were total strangers to my dwarfs. I can spend the rest of eternity micro managing making slabs for their 'missing' bodies.
>>
File: 1422645467622.png (2MB, 1000x1437px) Image search: [Google]
1422645467622.png
2MB, 1000x1437px
>>377483085
>not having your elves be all female pet slaves that lay eggs and you can bring on embark
>they can also cook and farm the fields
Step your game up son.
https://pastebin.com/q4dqgKxg
>>
>>377494867
>>377495145
Comrade Dwarf
Medical Dwarf
Dwarf-at-Arms

are the only classes of citizens I have.

Of course, I am missing out a lot on the benefits of specialised labour.
>>
>>377496676
I haven't played in a while, but I used to have Smiths, Tailors, Animal Lovers, Militia, Peons(haulers), farmers, cooks, specific crafters (gems, rocks and so on) and probably some that I forgot
Then I'd just turn off some f the jobs if I wanted someone to specialize harder, like someone starting with a high skill in Masonry or something
Eventually the fortress has a lot of highly skilled specialists and you only really need to pick out the few dudes with high skill in something that might be useful, and cram the rest into militia/peons
>>
>>377496409
>PETVALUE:20
SHIT
>>
>>377496404
The dwarves should bury them automatically as long as they see the body and have an unused coffin placed
>>
I would like the game more if accomplishing simple things wasnt a fucking headache
>ok actually use ammo, and use the right ammo for the right stuff
>no holding one bolt in your hand is not good
>ok I will forbid all those items
>ok now I will unforbid some items
>ok now I will assign stuff to the squad and adjust the schedule
>now we just have to hope the priority for hauling jobs is right so things find their way into the right stockpile within a few years
>5 years later correctly equipped dwarf just uses the crossbow as a bludgeon
>>
>>377496892
I just lump the whole working popultion together.

Except medical and military.

If I desire high skills to get to a job, I just restrict the worker skill level on the workshop task itself.

All working dwarves have forging enabled, but only those with 8+ get to work the military grade equipment for example.
>>
I really would love to get into the game, but to use buzzwords you all seem to hate here, the sexism in the game is just too much for me to handle, I'm sure it would be a fantastic game if it had just a little bit of a woman's touch added to it
>>
>>377497065
>If I desire high skills to get to a job, I just restrict the worker skill level on the workshop task itself.
That's a pretty decent solution, anon
I pretty much only do that if I want my precious resources, like blue cotton candy, to be only processed by my most skilled workers
I wonder if it doesn't lead to too much idle time, though, due to workers constantly switching jobs if the workshops have no restriction
>>
>>377497153
play sims
>>
>>377496409
>no elf slaves (male)

m8
>>
>>377496409
>[NO_EAT][NO_DRINK][NO_SLEEP]
More shit, fucking easy mode baby
>>
>>377497246
Funny thing I noticed, they actually go to my refuse stockpile and eat animal bones sometimes.
Fucking love this game and small details like that.

>>377496894
Was considering increasing their value, then breeding/butchering them and selling crafts from their bones (aka mermaid farming style).
>>
File: 50492920_p0.png (2MB, 1500x1019px) Image search: [Google]
50492920_p0.png
2MB, 1500x1019px
>>377497153
What are you going on about, there aren't even any different traits for females they can do anything males can
>>
>>377497642
But in reality females are more capable than males.
>>
>>377497565
>then breeding/butchering them and selling crafts from their bones
More baby mode bullshit, learn from the plump helmet-man on how to make a slave class
Also >butchering humanoids
>>
File: dorfFortArt.png (698KB, 2022x9691px) Image search: [Google]
dorfFortArt.png
698KB, 2022x9691px
>>377482886
>>
File: 5810485018.jpg (4MB, 2526x4822px) Image search: [Google]
5810485018.jpg
4MB, 2526x4822px
>>377491260
>>
File: 1303675747038[1].jpg (315KB, 878x730px) Image search: [Google]
1303675747038[1].jpg
315KB, 878x730px
>>377497153
But anon, dwarf societal equality knows no bounds!
>>
File: 1477182334805.png (6KB, 714x114px) Image search: [Google]
1477182334805.png
6KB, 714x114px
>>
File: 0fCW5pt.png (154KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
0fCW5pt.png
154KB, 1920x1017px
I love Dwarf Fortress. I used to believe it was the final boss of video games... then I met Aurora.
>>
>>377498483
Aurora is on an entirely different level
DF is babby-tier compared to it
>>
>>377498481
>demon of lies
>doesnt lie

hmm
>>
>>377498539
To be quite honest I've had an easier time getting into Aurora than into Dwarf Fortress. Although I first tried DF many years ago, when I had much less experience with autism games and could barely understand english. But yeah at the end of the day, Aurora is a much more complex game.
>>
File: 1469006422408.png (38KB, 444x440px) Image search: [Google]
1469006422408.png
38KB, 444x440px
>>377482886
>the worst game ever
Nigger those are fighting words

>Yes you could make them have babies.
False. You need a male caste for breeding to be viable. One-gender races are unable to have children.
>>
File: dorfFortEvilStory2.jpg (329KB, 1161x1275px) Image search: [Google]
dorfFortEvilStory2.jpg
329KB, 1161x1275px
>>377498684
he clearly lied about being the king
>>
>>377498684
Technically it did.
It never "heard" of a plot to assassinate the king, it only thought and plotted it inside its own head.
And after the deed was already done, the demon was no longer plotting for the kings death, since that plan had already come to fruition.

It actually carefully orchestrated it's actions and conversation in such a way that it only told lies.
>>
File: dorfFortEvilStory1.png (328KB, 1184x2843px) Image search: [Google]
dorfFortEvilStory1.png
328KB, 1184x2843px
>>377498836
I'm drunk.
>>377498926
This guy has the right of it
>>
>>377498186
That reminded me of Lemmings.
>>
File: What is Autism.jpg (830KB, 2960x1050px) Image search: [Google]
What is Autism.jpg
830KB, 2960x1050px
>>377498483
C++/C# rewrite never ever.
He is really taking his time with it.

That's one of the main things that stop me from playing this game for too long. The slowdowns between ticks become huge once you colonize a few systems and/or find an NPR.
>>
>>377498483
Is that fucking Visual Basic 6?
I recognize that icon
>>
File: 52779491_p0.jpg (264KB, 1708x962px) Image search: [Google]
52779491_p0.jpg
264KB, 1708x962px
>>377498481
>I must leave
Every time
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.