[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gim·mick ˈɡimik/Submit noun a trick or device intended to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: sonic 06 confirmed.jpg (417KB, 2542x1426px) Image search: [Google]
sonic 06 confirmed.jpg
417KB, 2542x1426px
gim·mick
ˈɡimik/Submit
noun
a trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or business.

now that that is out of the way, being inapplicable, how is this game going to turn out?
>>
Not as good as urmrgay.
>>
gimmicky

same as the last 3 mainline mario games.

honestly, I think the main series is dead at this point. nintendo should just relegate it to party games/spinoffs from this point on.
>>
>>377482126
What the fuck am I supposed to look at
>>377482230
What isn't a gimmick to you honestly?
Also
>X should happen to Y just because I don't like it
>>
>>377482230
Gimmicky does not equal bad.
>>
>>377482338
the letters with a sparkle, when rearranged, spell "you are mr spid"

they really went crazy with the sparkles this time

>>377482230
what about the hat is intended to attract attention, publicity, or business?
>>
>>377482126
will this ignite even half the autism as pannenkoek?

can anything do that in this day and age?
>>
Every game since 64 has revolved around some kind of gameplay mechanic. Sunshine had FLUDD, Galaxy had the gravity effects, and even Luigi's Mansion had the vacuum gimmick. The hat comes as no surprise, and honestly we should be happy it's not some massive gameplay mechanic. It's just an extra jump, just like the spin move in galaxy/NSMB. It's not some annoying thing that will constantly be hitting you in the face like, "HURR DURR USE THE WATER PACK TO CLEAN UP PAINT" for the entire goddamn game. Hopefully it'll force them to be a bit more creative with their level design.
>>
>>377483313
I agree with calling it a gameplay mechanic and not a gimmick, and I loved the mechanics in Sunshine, so shut up, faggot
>>
>>377483313
i agree with everything except calling fludd, gravity, and vacuum a gimmick rather than a mechanic. with the hat they'll get a little more out of what they can do with level design, sort of like a glide out of spyro though more limited
>>
File: Super Mario Odyssee.gif (425KB, 285x190px) Image search: [Google]
Super Mario Odyssee.gif
425KB, 285x190px
>>
It will be great and you know it
>>
>>377482230
Yes, this extremely successful IP that is beloved by millions is dead. Nintendo should just get rid of it.
>>
Nintendo is making games without waggle for the first time in a decade. Every game on the switch feels great because they do not make you wave your arms around like a sperg every 30 seconds.
>>
I'm more curious to see if the hat's ability to make an extra jump be all that it does or if it gets upgraded as you explore different landscapes.

I feel like it being in the logo means it'll be a main proponent of opening up the worlds you explore in away that 3D platformers of old / even Metroidvanias of old would do.
>>
>>377485000
If it does have other abilities, I hope hovering isn't one of them. That was the one thing I didn't like about Sunshine.
>>
>>377485000
it would be odd if thats all it does, like you said, but i cant think of anything else it might be useful for or what it reasonably could be capable of
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.