[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever had a job working at GameStop or some other job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 28

File: 1393976968388.jpg (162KB, 1014x766px) Image search: [Google]
1393976968388.jpg
162KB, 1014x766px
Have you ever had a job working at GameStop or some other job selling games? How was it?
>>
>>377478014
is that mattress girl?
>>
>>377478014
>How was it?
Just like any other retail job.
>>
>>377478287

Kayona Kim
>>
I worked at an electronics department in Walmart. People are very stupid and have awful taste, I barely had any work to do so I would have lengthy discussions about games when someone asked for anything or was checking out. I also had to explain to everyone that the ps4 pro doesn't run games at native 4k, their marketing tactic clearly works.
>>
File: dead frasier.gif (3MB, 348x384px) Image search: [Google]
dead frasier.gif
3MB, 348x384px
>>377478014
I'd honestly love to work at a gamestop/EB games if it didn't mean having to cram abunch of retarded trade in or promotional deals down every single customers throat
>>
>>377478396
I worked in the electronics part of Walmart and the only games I ever sold were Madden, GTA, and Cabella's Deer Hunter for PS2.
>>
>>377478710
ah, see I worked at a walmart near a classy white people neighborhood.
>>
I worked in an electronics department at walmart and it was pretty chill. I enjoyed it anyways.
>>
>>377478779

Yeah, I worked at one in the middle of white trash central.
>>
>>377478014
Lets say your a fan of video games. You really like certain franchises and you think they should be popular with people who go the store. You then learn how much people really don't care for those franchises and how the store caters to people who really don't like video games. You deal with Soccer Moms, Kids who try to buy M-Rated games, and mexicans searching for the next fifa game.

It's literally working in a real life version of a shit post.
>>
File: 993926.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
993926.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
>>377478327

This

Idiots will bitch, cry, and complain about having to stock shelves, unpack boxes, clean the store, etc......(you know, actually fucking work). I am assuming that 90% of the people that whine about EBgames or Gamestop being horrible to work for were simply expecting to get paid to play and talk about video games all day.
>>
>>377478014
There's a lot of people who think they're top shit. Customers and co-workers.

One time I had an entourage come in and the center guy told me he was an up and coming in the competition fighting scene.
Some of my co-workers have chats about customers and autism.
>>
>>377478014
I worked in the electronics department at Walmart, it was shit
>>
>>377478939
You ever try to hit on chicks? Everyone was married so it never worked, but I thought one day it might. Only middle aged mexican women seemed to like me...
>>
Current sga (supervisor) at a not dick ass store in the northeast. Work like 20 hours a week, about 45 holidays
>>
>>377479126
Walmart supervisor here, can confirm. You NEVER want to work in the electronics department.
>>
Never worked retail. I work on the weekends at the postal office and then pick up some days during the week at Burger King
>>
>>377479186
Where I was working? There were no good looking chicks. Everyone was fat and ugly, even the young girls. The only guy I knew who didn't look like a government science lab test subject was a young dude from California.
>>
File: damm.jpg (77KB, 887x1097px) Image search: [Google]
damm.jpg
77KB, 887x1097px
>>377478979
>used to work in walmart
>deal with all the mess niggers and subhumans leave there and their mean bitch behaviour

>work now in best buy
>everything is perfect i only have to deal with the manchildren asking for nintendo crap

theres a huge difference btween retails
>>
I worked in an arcade for half a year until it closed.

Best job I ever had.

Got to beta test the new Wangan Midnights. And seeing kids so in love with games warmed my heart inb4 pedo.
>>
>>377478014
>tfw salesman at a shitty cell phone store

Sales sucks. It all reminds me of rape because we can't take no for an answer.
>>
>>377479186
Funny story, I was a 3rd key at a GS location and ended up fucking this 43 year old married woman who came in all the time. She was super crazy and I'm pretty sure having a mid life crisis that she thought a 19 year old's penis would help her through.
>>
>>377478838
What a faggot
>>
>>377479365

>Work drive-thru at McDonalds one summer
>Niggers roll up with music blasting so loud I cannot hear their order.
>Eventually they turn it off
>They then ask what is in everything fucking thing
>They make the most ridiculous custom order ever
>Tell them the price
>They try haggling
>They eventually drive up to my window to pay
>They are still bitching about the price
>They end up paying in mostly change that I have to count
>They then try adding more and changing their order before pulling ahead to the pick-up window
>FINALLY they leave my window and hassle the pick-up window.

That was the summer I found out that I hate niggers.
>>
>>377479365
There's differences between different areas, and even stores within those areas. I think his point was most people going in to video game retail expect to not work and are surprised when it's like most other jobs and have to do things.
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 718x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 718x720px
You simply don't get paid enough for the amount of work that's expected of you. It has it's ups, but the downs are way more common

>understaffed
>performance benchmarks
>getting guilt tripped when performance is down
>expected to be a master salesman, persuading children and adults into getting reserves, subscriptions, and warranties

It's also many people's first job, so you'll get literal manchildren who go on power trips the moment they get promoted. You get all types of liars and schemers who try to "beat the system" but then get fired for being retarded. And you can smell the laziness and bullshit from a mile away, and while you identify these patterns, you learn which employees from other stores are shit.

It's hard to say it's worth it. The environment can be dope, especially if you're cool and have an opinion on games while being fair and open minded. It led me to my current career thanks to the auto networking provided by being a face at a register.

There are jobs that ask for half as much that pay twice as well.
>>
>>377479737
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6g0mPo-uJM
>>
>>377479737
Someday people will understand there's a big difference between niggers and black people. Some black people are ok and definitely not niggers, they're usually very christian.
>>
File: 1277615254404.jpg (28KB, 616x569px) Image search: [Google]
1277615254404.jpg
28KB, 616x569px
>Get job in retail
>Boss tells me what we cant let the customers do
>Customer come in and wants to do thing
>Tell him he can't do thing.
>He flips his shit and whines for a manager
>Manager tells him he CAN do thing
>Customer gives YOU some snide comment
>>
>>377479737
Niggers are completely incapable of ordering food when given full decision. I had so many issues with them as as server. Eventually I learned that instead of asking them what sides they want, I gave them two options that niggers most ordered. Obviously you can't do that in a drive thru, but it's a universal problem with them.
>>
If getting a job at GameStop, prepare to have massive amounts of sex with gamer girls. Just a warning.
>>
>>377480148
Yeah fat ugly girls are pretty easy.
>>
Worked at a Funcoland right the time that Gamestop bought them, Electronic Boutique and others. Looking back on it, I now realize that was my first crash course in autism and man children.

It was especially shitty dealing with children nonstop and pieces of shit who would try and steal shit.
>>
>>377480015

Try working at a deli sometime. Every nigger customer wants a free sample. When you have a line of 6 or more people waiting during a busy lunch hour, you don't need 11 different free samples. You should know what head cheese tastes like from the last 17 times you asked for a free sample. Nigger.
>>
File: orbitalnuke.jpg (163KB, 1600x891px) Image search: [Google]
orbitalnuke.jpg
163KB, 1600x891px
>>377478014
I worked at Gamestop twice. Pic is related, it's what I wanted for my second store. We'll get to that in a moment.

First go around was fine, for an underpaying, twice a week job I took during college. My manager was strict but awesome, and referred to me as part of his A team as far as getting the store repaired.

Second time around, my first manager was great too. My second, not so much. By the fourth, my hours had been cut to 3 every 4 weeks, no joke, and that was so I could clean the fucking bathroom and get written up again for not getting enough gamestop card subscriptions.

The second store shut down after I left prematurely to avoid being fired. I've never felt the desire to try again at Gamestop.

Aside from the infinitesimal hours given to me near the end, and the ridiculous demands for subscriptions, there are a number of other reasons I will not return for any amount of money.

1. The Bathroom. If you ever buy a console from Gamestop (Why? Why, in the name of God, man, would you?), wipe the box down with antibacterial wipes.

Because they're stored in the bathroom. Used to prop the sink up so it doesn't fall out of the wall. Stashed under the toilet.

Also, in many cases, TP is a luxury item.

2. No one stays.

When a new manager signs on, they don't trust anyone the old one left behind. Oh, they won't say it out loud or outright fire you (usually), they'll just make working there so miserable and non-profitable that you leave, or they can fire you for not getting enough subscriptions.

They're big on subscriptions, btw. You could call customers niggers, chinks, spics, dykes, fags, you could rape little girls over the counter, and as long as you could get 4 card subscriptions a week you were their favored son/daughter.

3. The shovelware and trade-ins.

Oh God, the shovelware. The games that should have never seen the light of day. The madden games by the literally box-load being traded in.

cont.
>>
>>377480269
Why do you space your post out like that? You retarded or something?
>>
>>377479956
>lady comes in saying her turtle beach headset she bought for her son doesn't work
>it's visibly yellowed, beaten, abused
>"we just got it last month"
>she has no receipt
>in fact, that model was discontinued some time ago and the barcode doesn't even register in our system
>district manager is watching the whole thing
>I carefully explain why we can't do it without calling her a liar and a cheat
>DM: "lets do her a favor!"
>>
>>377478535
I'm with Gamestop right now. It's honestly not that bad. Everybody knows that shit is bullshit and the only people who really believe in it are the ones who aren't actually in the stores. All you have to do is fake in when they're around and pick your battles the rest of the time. I don't ask every single motherfucker who walks in if they want a warranty, I find the one mom who's buying 7 cheap-as-fuck 360 games for her children who are currently destroying the store and ask her if she wants to protect them from her kids for $7. Bam. Don't have to worry about warranties for the week. There are tricks to it.
>>
>>377480269
DAT

MADDEN
A
D
D
E
N
>>
>>377480269
This is pasta or you read a stupid article about 1 gamestop. I know for a fact not all gamestops store consoles in the restroom.
>>
>>377480269
I'm not reading that shit. You better fix your spacing next time.
>>
File: inuusticeleague.jpg (129KB, 607x768px) Image search: [Google]
inuusticeleague.jpg
129KB, 607x768px
>work at gamestop
>they want me to support hillary

dropped that job so fast
>>
when you work in video game retail, you finally get to see first hand who buys all those millions and millions of copies of Madden every single year.
>>
>>377480148
I recommend ignoring this and getting a gf ASAP. Sleeping with a real life Futaba is NOT as good as it seems. And all the gamer girls (guys too) have mental problems
>>
>>377480245
>>377480015

I think a lot of it comes down to these apes having a sense of power when ordering food, also they have nowhere to be so they will take as much time as they see fit.

Also they are straight up stupid as shit.
>>
>>377480269
cont.

It wouldn't be so bad if we were pushed to sell these games. Barbie Horse Adventures? Push it to teenage boys. KND games? Push to grown men.

One guy looked ready to deck me when I was forced to suggest one of these games. When I told him I was forced to and that I was AWARE of what the game was, he left, came back, and dropped off a small bottle of jack daniels. "You need this, brah."

I never drank before in my life. That changed.

If offered a job there, don't take it. It's like trying to make a living off scratch-off tickets.

Retail is crap no matter where you go. Vidya retail is no different.
>>
>>377480518
>Sleeping with a real life Futaba is NOT as good as it seems.
Story?
>>
>>377480269
>The madden games by the literally box-load being traded in.
All the salt when you tell them its worth nothing is the best part about all of those Maddens.
>>
>>377479790

Exactly that, thank you.

At my current job I have a co-worker who I don't like because he is a lazy piece of shit (also he might have high functioning autism similar to Chris Chan). He asked me one day why I am not nice to him, I dead stared him and said:

"Anyone who makes my life more difficult, is not my friend"

He was taken aback and avoided me for a week, even know he barely comes near me. I love it.
>>
>>377480579
>I think a lot of it comes down to these apes having a sense of power
Pretty much. Same reason why they deliberately walk out into traffic to cross a street and move slower when they're infront of cars. Jamal too hard to be worried about getting hit n shiet.
>>
>>377480696
You, sir, have never dealt with a 6' 2" angry black dad who kicks over displays and yanks a controller out of the demo kiosk because he's only getting 5 bucks.
>>
>>377479827

Sounds like every summer retail job I've ever had.
>>
>>377480851
Nigs gonna nog. At least he's not destroying your personal property. Cleaning up after customers is part of the job.
>>
>>377480410
From my experience from shopping at Gamestop, not once have I had the clerk NOT ask me if I wanted warranty. I've also had a lot of them try to sell me products.

That said, I've never experienced any of these crazy stories people make up about Gamestop but I know just from shopping there that what you say isn't really true.
>>
>>377480482

Isn't that illegal? I know in the UK it is illegal to try and persuade employees to vote a certain way
>>
File: Magic.jpg (82KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
Magic.jpg
82KB, 720x479px
>>377481125
>Closing
>Someone took a shit in the floor of the bathroom
>Closing manager tells me to clean it up
>comment to him thats above my pay grade and go home
>HE gets roasted the following morning by the HNIC about it
>He then trys to roast me but I don't care enough for it to matter so just laugh him off.
>>
>>377481316
>>Someone took a shit in the floor of the bathroom
what the fuck? i thought customers weren't allowed in there.
>>
>>377481228
Not every store or every area are the same, anon.
>>
>>377479737
Drive-thru is the fucking worst during the summer.
>people mumbling over their loud-ass trucks that look like they were never used for any sort of work
>people making their boyfriends and girlfriends order from the passenger or back seat and refusing to order despite you not even being able to understand them
>dumb niggers are rude as fuck
>niggers only ever order fruit punch or orange soda and nuggets with sweet and sour
>people who wait until the window to go through their money despite sitting in line for minutes
>old people who don't know what the fuck they're doing
>>
File: thefutureisnow.jpg (458KB, 1408x1056px) Image search: [Google]
thefutureisnow.jpg
458KB, 1408x1056px
>>377480770

>revealing your pow2er level irl

anon, when you work with people you are the most positive person imaginable. any negativity you has is is the back of your head ONLY. You will get further in your life if you pretend it doesn't exist. I know, your boss is retarded. Pretend he is not for your own sake.
>>
File: Mary Jane Watching Batman Strip.jpg (135KB, 863x863px) Image search: [Google]
Mary Jane Watching Batman Strip.jpg
135KB, 863x863px
>>377481434
>>
>>377478014
She looks kinda plain, but I imagine she would look good without clothes on.
>>
>>377481980
Or different clothes, a little makeup.
>>
>>377481980

Google Kayona Kim and you can decide for yourself. Loads of nudes.
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 718x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 718x1024px
>>377480659
I have multiple. I'll just tell the first one and greentext it

>worked at GS for 6 years while being a full time student
>be attractive and surprisingly charasmatic
Oh hold on, Gamestop is good for building charisma. I don't mean hitting on chicks, but general dialogue
>jailbait customers grow up
>jailbait #1 admitted I was her first real crush once she learned how to speak in public
>she's incredibly hot, would linger for hours, try to see me at the end of shifts, and I knew her parents since they fucking shopped there. Even got invited for thanksgiving.
>one day
>end of shift and I'm hungry
>she's there asks to tag along
>I say sure
>she's wearing a choker, hair looks like she just showered, can smell whatever bath soap she used, she's wearing sweatpants and a tee, but pulls it off incredibly well
>whatcouldpossiblygowrong.jpg
>she's visibly antsy, can almost smell the lust
>she asks if I have pot
>"didn't know you smoked"
>"I haven't tried it"
>walk over to my place (basement apt, lived alone and had cheap rent)
>trying to block out thoughts but I'm still intentionally putting myself onto this path
>she literally grabs my hand the moment we walk in and rests her head on my chest while standing
>look down, confused but slightly smirking because it's an awkward situation
>she says "You have such an amazing smile"
>bites her bottom lip
>I give in and make out
>feels like she's sucking my entire face so I guide and slow it down
>she goes from 0-60 and immediately grabs my dick
Yes, this shit happened, deal with that fact for a moment
>"it's big"
>I say "how can you tell, you haven't seen it yet"
>her terrible kissing somehow translates into incredible bj skills
>we're still standing in the same spot btw

(cont'd)
>>
>>377481980
Why? She has nothing going on. Never understood why everyone jizzes over this dumb girl
>>
>>377479365

Do you get a lot of niggers in your best buy asking about stereo systems? Also do you get assigned certain sections to work in?
>>
Worked at eb games in 2003. It was alright but I always felt bad giving someone 2.00 for a trade in then slapping a 19.99 price tag on it and throwing it in the preowned bin.

Trading in games to a big store is always a rip off.
>>
>>377482454

I think I can explain.

I am usually most attracted to 7/10s. Something about imperfect looks just makes my dick scream.

I don't like uggos. But I definitely get the chubby/mom/average chick boners.
>>
>>377479827

This guy is right for the most part, I've never worked at Gamestop but I have a good friend that works there now and is about to leave to work at a comic shop.

I can't even walk into Gamestop anymore, they just have nothing to offer me anymore. Especially since they're transforming into some half-assed hot topic bullshit selling t-shirts and pop figures and it's just sad.

Can't feel bad for them though, Gamestop deserves to die.
>>
>>377482419

I seriously hope for you this has really happened, anon.

Sounds like a fun memory. Unless everything goes wrong from here
>>
>>377480148

with girls that work there, or customers?
>>
>>377482418

Wow, you weren't kidding. Holy crap.

Well, I know what I'm doing for the next 45 minutes.
>>
>>377482419
>she comes up for a kiss and I slow walk her to the couch
>she stumbles backwards, laughing
>at this point I literally say "fuck it" out loud
>she says "I haven't done it too many times"
>vow to take it slow/easy
>she is incredibly wet
>but somehow incredibly tight
For the virgins reading this: this can mean that she wants to fuck but is a bit scared
>slide my finger in
>within about a minute I can feel her relaxing and getting less tense
>hear her first moan, it's silent and fuckin cute
>but it was practically the devil's whisper
>eat her out
>notbad.jpg, climaxes in 3 minutes flat
>she grabs my dick
>I grab my condom
>"I've never had sex without a condom before"
>I put back the condom
>"I want you inside me"
>I go inside her, slowly, as my 7.75 inch cock stretches out her pussy
>Slow pace turns into medium
>her expression indicates slight pain
>"you ok?"
>"yes, I love it"
>switch positions
>I put her on top
>she's riding slowly with her eyes closed
>use one hand to guide her hips, use it as an anchor
>it's not an advanced technique but I always get complimented for it
>other hand is squeezing her ass
>I go in for the neck kiss, while both hands are doing the above
>She says "Oh my god"
>convulsion
>she came again, oops.
>she looks exhausted so we stop
>I never came but that's ok, just wanted to give her the works
>drop her off home like nothing happened
>say hi to the mom

We fucked about 3 times after that, then I moved halfway across the US, and returned a year later without her knowing. Not sure if she ever got word but it should be interesting.

Reason I say don't fuck a Futaba is because she tried to make it incredibly public that we were fucking. There was like a 5 year gap in age, and she would show up at my job way more often, Dudes would do dude things and point at her while she looked away as ask if I'm "smashing that." I say no because fuck off.
>>
>>377479442
Brings back old memories, bud. I was desperately trying to fuck my boss who was in her thirties. But she was married and had kids, never worked out. And I was 19 as well lol
>>
Is it weird that I work at a movie theater but I don't like watching movies
>>
>>377483898
no weirder than me being on /v/ despite not liking video games.
>>
>>377480346
It's called reddit spacing, this looks like a terminal case.
>>
>>377478014
I worked at gamestop for a little bit. It started off okay, but then became soul crushing over time. I'm glad I quit. If anyone is thinking of applying at gamestop. At least be going to school while you do, or at least be looking for another job.
>>
>>377483128
The girls that I worked with were fairly easy, at least toward me. I never had sex with any, but it was made obvious that I could at any time.

Customers were hit or miss. The females were usually accompanied by a male, and most would get insecure the moment they hear their woman laugh at one of my jokes. Used to love doing that shit. The other women were moms and the like. And the last percent were just the ugly super weebs. So unless you get lucky like in here >>377482419 99% of the females were taken or unwanted.
>>
File: 1448433315331.png (656KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1448433315331.png
656KB, 720x540px
>>377480518
>I recommend ignoring this and getting a gf ASAP.
Sure. After I win the lottery and become the first man on Mars.
>>
>>377482418
I google Kayona Kim and all I get are Sonic OCs.
>>
>>377484498
Do you want advice?

>wear button down shirts (roll up them sleeves) and skinny jeans
>lose weight
>do something nice with your hair

If you do this your confidence will be in prime shape. Now you have to work on yourself a bit more, because the poon will be coming
>get a job
>save up some monies
>feel comfortable in your own skin and with your financial safety net

It's like a summoning ritual. You'll attract someone like you, or someone who is somewhat on that same path. That's just the way it seems to work. At least here in NYC
>>
File: is this untermensch serious.gif (998KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
is this untermensch serious.gif
998KB, 500x281px
>>377484856
I can literally smell the normiehood coming off you through my computer screen.
>>
>>377484994

not that guy but shut up you faggot
>>
>>377484994
Yeah, shut up, faggot.
>>
File: s.png (381KB, 658x633px) Image search: [Google]
s.png
381KB, 658x633px
>>377485084
nOt tHaT gUy BuT sHuT uP yOu FaGgOt
>>
I made a few videos on my time working at gamestop called zero originality. They made their rounds back when I released them.

but in short, gamestop is shit. They've gotten better in recent years because of numerous complaints and small lawsuits against them holding their workers' paychecks hostage, and unpaid overtime being not an exception, but the rule. Being held accountable for things totally out of your control, like people preordering, and people buying new copies instead of used copies, is still ridiculous though. It's just shit, and that you can be FIRED for shit totally out of your control unless you sell ultra-hard, it's just ludicrous, but that's the retail market in general. There's a very good reason gamestop is closing more and more stores every year.
>>
>>377484994
nice one faggot.
>>
>>377484994
>look nice
>get money

This isn't necessarily normie but general advice for carrying yourself in public. Like would you play Nier if 2B looked hideous? You don't want ugly shit in games, just like people don't want ugly dudes in real life. But ugly dudes who can dress up fine and are charismatic? Big contrast to the basement weeb, especialy if you walk around with those types. Gotta look good. It's like a $50 investment
>>
>>377485242

yeah, and he's the normie? you deserve to be alone you faggot
>>
>>377482796
Who the ever loving fuck would want to work at a comic shop? Having your life revolve around comics is the most miserable shit. A gamestop employee can be a casual gamer, a comicshopfag has to be a helpless nerd already
>>
>>377485370
yEaH, aNd He'S tHe NoRmIe? YoU dEsErVe To Be AlOnE yOu FaGgOt

Dear God, when did /v/ get filled with so many normalfag tourists?
>>
>>377485259
Do you have any of the videos?

All the links I could find were removed off of YouTube
>>
>>377485519
To be fair I'm an oldfag and have been here for about a decade. When you get to your late twenties you learn to adapt. You'll be a legitimate nerd, an Autist, and a normie, and a professional, and an all around swell dude.
>>
File: arguing on 4chan.jpg (38KB, 500x569px) Image search: [Google]
arguing on 4chan.jpg
38KB, 500x569px
>>377485672
I'm 28.
>>
>>377485762
Same here, wanna hook up?
>>
File: dk.png (148KB, 551x853px) Image search: [Google]
dk.png
148KB, 551x853px
>>377485798
>>
>>377485597
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS_s9gyjYcQ

the whole collection right there thanks to some archivist. Gamestop threatened to sue unless I took them down, so I just gave out the raw video file and people put it up for me.
>>
>>377485882
sweet, thanks anon
>>
>>377485967
enjoy, as I said a lot of it isn't too relevant anymore, and I sounded drunk (because I was drunk) so it's kinda hard to understand, as the disclaimer says.
>>
>>377485762
fuck, i watched this shit but i dont remember what its called, whats the name?
>>
>>377486050
regardless you put effort into it

It's pretty interesting to hear it from an employee's perspective in the heat of the moment
>>
>>377485762
Then follow my advice. If you're one of those dudes that "wants a woman who likes me for me" but then the you is just gross, compromise on that. You can get away with that as a female but you have to be the guy a woman would want. It doesn't compromise your identity, it puts you on their radar. Nice and NEET is a legitimate meme.
>>
>>377485440
Why do you say that?
>>
File: normies.png (1B, 486x500px)
normies.png
1B, 486x500px
>>377486447
>If you're one of those dudes that "wants a woman who likes me for me"
I don't want a woman "who likes me for me". What I used to want is to like myself for me. But I gave up on that a long time ago already so I just embraced my endless bitterness and spite for life.
>>
File: 1443910707504.gif (977KB, 474x360px) Image search: [Google]
1443910707504.gif
977KB, 474x360px
>>377486715
Because im into comics, and I know several insufferable losers, so I know what the life of a comic shop employee is like. I just dont get it, imagine being forced to watch a shitty soap opera for an entire day, then you have to sell it to other people. Then you have to keep up with 15 other soap operas, each of them equally shit, and after being exhausted by all the corporate driven, repetitive bullshit with no stakes, you STILL have to talk about it as if you give a shit because this is the life you chose. Comics are cancer, its not worth it to get into them even as a casual viewer. At least at a retail job everday is different because it varies on customer experiences. At a comic shop your day to day life is measuring how autistic a customer is, and whether or not he wants to discuss the same shitty normie driven bullshit youve talked about 50 times already in that day.
>>
>>377485440
Most comic shops don't just sell comics anymore anon.

You gotta be well versed in pop figures too.

So that's like half the Gamestop experience anyway. Seriously, every time I hit an EB the merch shit is encroaching on actual games. Soon there'll just be a binder with steam keys and walls full of belt buckles, bottle openers , socks/stockings and shit.

Like I can give a tentative pass to all the zelda wallets and shit, but why the fuck is my local EB selling gremlins merchandise? Yes I know gremlins is awesome, but when was the last game? the NES?
>>
File: a0PZ8Qq_460sa_v1.gif (3MB, 460x256px) Image search: [Google]
a0PZ8Qq_460sa_v1.gif
3MB, 460x256px
>>377487265
aw shit, I didn't mean to redditt space, I thought they were legit fucking paragraphs, not short sentences.
>>
>>377486989
I'm into them them too anon but christ I've never dealt with that. I come in grab my pull list of like 6-10 titles and shoot the shit for a while. They only sell me shit if it it's similar to what I'm pulling. And they never hassle me if I pass on it.
>>
>>377482418
>>377484785
Same, I call bullshit. I found one /v/ archive with a bottomless pic at best and some shitty gifs and deviantarts. Post link faggots.
>>
File: 1430438426286.png (51KB, 246x214px) Image search: [Google]
1430438426286.png
51KB, 246x214px
>>377487492
No, I totally that and acknowledge its only that overcomplicated if you're as autistic as I am. But.... I feel that way and there's no way of covering it up. Like, if someone comes in asking for a recommendation? I dont want to say some obscure weird shit but at the same time there's some really defining standalone stories, right? So my appreciation is only based on that understanding, is it only good because of that or is it actually good? I get stressed as fuck, I feel neurotic typing this.
>>
>>377479365
>used to work for Lowe's
>90 percent of people that come in are already pissed off about something
>customers expect you to know how to magically fix their plumbing, even if you're working in the garden center
That hour lunch break was nice, though.
>>
File: 1486918252687.jpg (27KB, 328x285px) Image search: [Google]
1486918252687.jpg
27KB, 328x285px
>tfw worked at gamestop for 2 years
>miserable every single day
>couldnt enjoy video games at all when i got home

>got a job at amazon loading boxes into trucks/onto shelves all day
>actually physically exhausted after work
>have never enjoyed video games more

i used to judge blue collar workers as a kid like an idiot, now i know that being physically tired is the way to enlightenment
>>
>>377488259
blue collar work is good honest money and you can legitimately form some pretty strong bonds with unexpected people
>>
>>377488154
Don't be. You're just a discerning reader able to identify what's good and what's mediocre or shlock. As long as you're giving your honest recommendation it's fine. What exactly is it that you're afraid of recommending that'll come off as obscure/autistic or whatever?
>>
>>377488259
There's a reason all the ultra depressed faggots work cubicle jobs, and you never see construction/warehouse workers whining about the same shit.
Even the most repetitive REAL labor is still actual labor. Your average cubicle job in any field is literally 45 minutes of work and then a desperate dash to look busy for your master/manager.
>>
>>377488448
>. Your average cubicle job in any field is literally 45 minutes of work and then a desperate dash to look busy for your master/manager.
That would be awesome. I actually work all 9 hours of my day. But I see other people that dont really work, even at an office job, and STILL complain. I really wish I was strong and big sometimes so I could just do manual labor instead.
>>
>work at Domino's delivering for a year
>customers rarely complain
>when they do I tell them I'm just a driver, they'll have to call the store if they have a problem because I can't do anything when out of the store
>don't have to deal with shit

pretty good job desu
>>
>>377488581
>I actually work all 9 hours of my day
What kind of work?
I used to work 12 hour call center shifts for literal peanuts, and I feel like such an idiot for staying at the job since every other comparable paygrade job has nothing but downtime.

if you actually have to work your whole shift every shift in an office, chances are your company is deliberately understaffing and setting itself up for failure
>>
File: mpc-hc 2016-12-06 18-41-38-097.jpg (440KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc 2016-12-06 18-41-38-097.jpg
440KB, 1920x1080px
>>377488404
Just off the top of my head, if someone comes in wanting to read some Civil War because of the movie (which was better than the comic imo), am I then supposed to recommend my opinion on whats the best reading order, which might be alienating, or the actual Marvel published order, that would be more casual friednly? I Dont fucking know!
>>
>>377488979
You should usually defer to publication but if you have a strong opinon on it or believe that it'll result in a better experience then trust your judgement. But if you believe it to be a bad comic (in this case you're fucking right) try and steer them to something similar but not garbage. Like gauge who they're favorite character is and suggest titles based on that. In this case suggest Brubaker's Run on Cap and O'neils Iron Man run.
>>
File: copy that.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
copy that.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>377478014
Hi Anon. Welcome to EB Games!
>>
>>377489829
is he a snake
why is his neck long
>>
>>377489935
He is the Kingseeker
>>
>>377487413
>reddit spacing
is this even a real thing or just some stupid fucking meme?
>>
>>377480015
and i found out that they are like this, partly, because they can be extremely picky eaters. a lot of them do not eat fruits or vegetables, and a lot of them have to have just "normal" food. they're probably wondering which items have fruits and vegetables or not, the dumb monkeys
>>
File: 601388530.jpg (26KB, 269x472px) Image search: [Google]
601388530.jpg
26KB, 269x472px
>there are people ITT who don't find Kim adorkable
>>
>>377490579
>that face
no thank you
>>
File: Untitled-24.jpg (14KB, 333x382px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-24.jpg
14KB, 333x382px
>>377490756
she's got a pretty nice turd-cutter, tho
>>
>>377479737
Don't forget:

>Niggers never tip
>Niggers always complain about atleast one thing
>Niggers typically show up with 5 kids screaming and yelling
>Niggers are always ready to ask for a manager for the pettiest bullshit.

In the past 9 years of workiing various customer service jobs, I've yet to have a positive experience serving a nigger. Which like someone said, is an entirely different concept from a black person.
>>
>>377491660

I'm black and I can verify this. Niggers are the worst.
>>
>>377491660
I deal with this shit on a daily basis as a butcher. Its fucking terrible.
>>
File: 1495230750562.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495230750562.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
I didn't work at Gamestop but I was made aware of their military and black discounts when I bought NieR
>>
lmao

Nobody likes black people.
>>
working at gamestop currently

wish we didn't do cash trades on games as soon as they dropped

you know the reason games are always preowned within a week of release

because of thieving crackheads

they steal from redbox and then try to give it to us

i've since stopped taking in trades within 5 days of release of a new game. It makes us look bad and it makes my store look like shit with made cases that aren't the original becaues redbox crackhead thieves need drug money

instituting one policy would prevent us from looking like shit

but no, that would make us get less in trade. Fuck you corporate

and stop letting niggers in the stores
>>
>>377491997
I remember this cartoon. That was the one where Bugs Bunny outsmarted the nigger hunter with dice because he knew all niggers can't resist the urge to gamble. Good times.
>>
>>377483813
I can't really see the negatives here mate, couldn't you have just asked for her not to make it public? Well unless she was underage or some shit.
>>
>>377483813
this is the most self wank story ive ever read
>>
>>377478535
I worked for gamestop (got fired because I abused something)
It honestly depends your area and where you work at. my Boss always told me that there is no need to shove pre-orders and power ups to people. just offer good customer service and show enthusiasm for games. just occasionally mention pre-orders and junk. and to ALWAYS tell customers that, after they buy or think about buying a pre-owned game, they have a free 30 day warranty or can get a refund after 7 days
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.