[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is Major Tom to ground control. I'm stepping through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: Ptall1.jpg (31KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Ptall1.jpg
31KB, 800x450px
This is Major Tom to ground control. I'm stepping through the Prey thread, and I'm floating in the most peculiar waaay.
>>
>>377471806
Why couldn't they just let you play as the alien you were instead of this faggy, half-assed System Shock? It's so rare for games to let you play as the monster.
>>
File: Prey.jpg (82KB, 800x435px) Image search: [Google]
Prey.jpg
82KB, 800x435px
>Watch Jim fucking Sterling play Prey and hear his thoughts about it
>Finally realize he's terrible at video games
Why are there so many "journalists" that are bad at games?
>>
>>377472051
Maybe they'll let you in Prey 2
>>
>Game is pirated by /v/
>Start to have good threads about it
What did /v/ mean by this?
>>
Here's my two cents: the game is a faithful rendition of Looking Glass Studios's design, especially SS2. Arkane took a lot of care in getting all the quirks and bits in place to reenact the entire experience. But while doing so they did not manage to hit any of the horror notes, be it outer space (good technical sequence) or inner corridors (decent enemies with very little variety also completely copied from Cruise-Blunt movie). So right of the bat it's a horror game that fails at horror which is a pretty big complaint. It also tries to do art deco in space but makes it all seem strangely anachronistic - Bioshock made sense because A. Ryan was a Randian character and she wrote about ideallists who built skyscrapers like they were cathedrals and had everything going against them. Prey is your generic corporate email infodump (in mercifully small chunks) environment and having anything black and gold and shiny and - god forbid - expensive in that space is incongruous with the overall theme, and frankly a nonsensical distraction when you're doing scientific work. Map design is bland in a sense that it's a giant space workstation that looks like hotel, there is very little separation from the work and play area (even code monkeys have their bean bags separate from cubicles in real life) and as a consequence the whole theme seems contrived and at times corny (golden lions). Another thing - game fails as a shooter and actually makes Bioshock looking good. It overburdens you with constant crafting so it's also padded to hell and back. Its main theme and 'lore' is pretty weak and when I look back at it it doesn't seem to do anything particularly well. So what is it? A bad game.
>>
>>377472203
Doubt it. Shitthesda will probably make it more of this half assed System Shock bullshit. But who knows maybe it will end up with this Typhon having the "kill them all" ending being canon and trying to stop humans from harvesting them.
>>
>>377472489
>failed as a horror or shooter
I think of it as a stealth game
>>
>>377472054
They don't play videogames and a lot of them actually hate videogames and hate people who play videogames.
>>
>>377472823
>Wrenching and shooting every fucker you see
>Stealth
Nah
>>
>>377472990
>Wrenching and shooting every fucker you see
Why would you play like this?
>>
File: 1494698175438.jpg (76KB, 750x521px) Image search: [Google]
1494698175438.jpg
76KB, 750x521px
What sound did they sample to make the Nightmare's roar? It's sounds like a wounded dogger
>>
>>377472894
So, basically he's /v/.
>>
>using David Bowie lyrics instead of a quote from the game
>that wasn't even used to promote the game or anything
You're doing the meme wrong
>>
>>377473185
You should be able to play the game in any way gameplay allows you to do and every of those way would need to be well designed if the game wants to be good. I cannot think of any playstyle in Prey where you think "This is a quality stealth/shooter/whatever game".
>>
>>377474168
Before I forgot to add, this is precisely why shills started forcing "immersive sim" when talking about this type of game. It's not really anything, a mishmash of subpar executions interspersed with infodumps.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4CsCTbar8c
>tfw
>>
>>377474168
>I cannot think of any playstyle in Prey where you think "This is a quality stealth/shooter/whatever game".
Nah. play through it again but without triggering a single enemy and also don't suck. Prey does stealth better than anything else it does.
>>
File: 1453340228714.jpg (255KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1453340228714.jpg
255KB, 600x600px
I enjoyed the game. I beat twice, once with alien mods and doing very little sidequests and once as pure human trying to save everyone. It has a lot of issues, but I liked the environment and the gameplay was pretty fun. Id say it was a 7/10 or so for me.
>>
>>377474539
RPG games never do stealth right because when you invest like 12 neuromods into "stay silent and invisible when running" doesn't really make it a stealth game at all.
>>
>>377474670
>when you invest like 12 neuromods into "stay silent and invisible when running"
This is something you should have done from the get go
>>
>>377474645
What are alien mods like? I doubt I will play it through because it's not engaging to me but what do they introduce?
>>
Justice League thread?
>>
>>377474906
psi powers basically. from summoning fire to mind control etc
>>
>>377474906
just powers, theres a lighting and fire power blast one mindjacking mimic where you turn into stuff and telekinesis
>>
>>377474982
boring

then again i did not want to play as psichic in ss2 either
>>
>>377475094
>turn into stuff

what kind of stuff
>>
>>377475136
i enjoyed my pure human run much more
>>
>>377475226
anything moveable pretty much from a coffee cup to turrest
>>
File: logo-prey2.png (112KB, 293x198px) Image search: [Google]
logo-prey2.png
112KB, 293x198px
Ground Control to Prey 2
Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong
Can you hear me, Prey 2
Can you hear me, Prey 2
Can you hear me, Prey 2
Can you....
>>
>>377475360
That sounds dope
>>
File: 1493494527118.jpg (17KB, 720x369px) Image search: [Google]
1493494527118.jpg
17KB, 720x369px
>Collect the audio logs
>Nightmare starts spawning every few minutes
>>
>>377475484
Planet earth is blue...and there's nothing Human Head Studios can do ;_;
>>
Anyone else have the urge to play System Shock 2 again after playing Prey?
>>
>>377475786
>REEEEE
>it kills january
>>
If you paid $80 for this game, just go ahead and end yourself.
>>
>>377476263
I mean its like 10 hours long maybe on a repeat playthrough where you dont sequence break, but i just replayed it like 4 months ago, so no.
>>377476419
>STILL on the "liking what i dont like" bullshit in current year
insane
>>
File: 1481000468920.jpg (28KB, 669x471px) Image search: [Google]
1481000468920.jpg
28KB, 669x471px
>>377476419
>not just paying 26 yurobucks on g2a
>>
>>377476419
Human neuromods>Pure human>>>>Alien Neuromods
>>
>>377476419
I payed $32 back when cdkeys had it for cheap.
>>
>>377472051
>Imagining Destroy All Humans but with the Typhon, a lone Mimic infiltrating a bustling suburban area and the game slowly progresses over time, Mimic into Phantom, Phantom takes a sizable chunk of the game as your Mimic army spreads, cycle the elements, evolve into a Weaver and begin making Phantoms
>Watch the earth fall before your might as you advance to something greater
>Game pulls a Brutal Legend and turns into an RTS
>>
>>377476508
>Intentionally funding a cycle of terrible games.
KYS
>>
Just finished my first playthrough, split my mods evenly between human and psi, had a fucking blast. Don't put the game on a pedestal and you'll have a good time with it. Don't rush - explore, fuck around with the goofy physics. I don't know if I'd recommend it to anyone who didn't like Half Life 2, Metroid Prime and Bioshock at full price, but when this inevitably drops to $25 it's a steal. I will say that I played it on PS4; I've heard that the PC version has some fucked technical issues at the moment.
>>
>>377472051
You literally can, just dump all points into psi and kill all the humans. The game has this option built into it. It has triggers for this actual circumstance.
>>
File: tower.png (667KB, 724x818px) Image search: [Google]
tower.png
667KB, 724x818px
>>377472489
>horror notes
yeah because the other shock games are fucking terrifying and not campy as fuck
>prey is your generic setting
yeah dude its not representative of anything at all for talos to look like a swanky skyscraper/hotel. just why would someone build a space station that way... what could possibly be their motivation.........
>expensive = incongruous with the theme
i think you may have missed the entire game
>map design is bland
beats out every other shock game by a country mile, i have no idea what you mean by this
>constant crafting burden
fair point, this needed streamlining, like multifabricating. pretty dumb and lots of bugs here
>main theme and 'lore' is pretty weak
i could not disagree more but don't feel like writing more of an essay here
>>
>>377477082
>Prey 2017
>Terrible
you must have put on the wrong "psychoscope" this morning
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.