[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else still relatively unimpressed and underwhelmed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: SonicForces.png (807KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
SonicForces.png
807KB, 1024x576px
Anyone else still relatively unimpressed and underwhelmed by this game?
>>
File: 1416551036683.png (101KB, 175x285px) Image search: [Google]
1416551036683.png
101KB, 175x285px
>>377470868
Yeah I am, I was thinking it had potential but as the footage continued to come in (even the latest OC shit) the less interested I got. I still see myself getting it whenever it's cheap but it's far from my must-get list unlike Mania.
>>
>>377470868
Not enough footages of the game at all. We don't even know what levels are in the game yet. At least Generations showed us footages of almost all of them.
>>
>>377471729
We saw Modern Sonic's destroyed city level and we saw Act 1 of Classic Sonic's Green Hill.
>>
>>377471729
They spoiled every level with trailers in Generations. Do you really want that again?
>>
>classic sonic has no momentum
>modern sonic is boost shit for the billionth time now
>custom hero is using gadgets on modern sonic maps
Just gonna play Mania
>>
File: 1461121905661.png (196KB, 342x359px) Image search: [Google]
1461121905661.png
196KB, 342x359px
>>377470868
I am.

They played it far too safe by making it a Generations sequel, especially since Mania will just make the classic levels completely redundant. The idea of canon OCs is pretty brilliant, but their gameplay is just a slower version of the boost style.
>>
>>377472063
>>377472168
Not to mention the return of Wisps yet again

If you're going to do Boost gameplay, why not just work Sonic and his friends into that gameplay then whole hog? Why does it have to be

Boost AND WEREHOG
Boost AND WISPS
Boost AND CLASSIC SONIC
>>
>>377472390
>If you're going to do Boost gameplay, why not just work Sonic and his friends into that gameplay then whole hog? Why does it have to be Boost AND GIMMICK

I remember hearing Sonic Team admitting that they were never confident and/or satisfied with the boost style. Instead of putting their best efforts into polishing boost's gameplay, they would seriously rather spend their time adding a new game mechanic to compliment it.
>>
sonic team has just been constantly dropping the ball
>>
>>377470868
From what they've shown from the levels I'm not impressed. I'm fine with modern sonic being boost to win, and I'm fine with classic sonic being platforming based even with shit physics, but the level design doesn't seem great so far. Could be wrong though, at least nothing looks horrible. Mediocre at worst. And as cringey as OCs are they actually aren't too bad of a gimmick honestly.
>>
>>377472656
I guess that's why the Adventure games had different gameplay styles as well.

I really don't care for the whole Boost/Adventure style debates, but if there's one thing I wish they'd try again it's bringing back Sonic's friends like Tails and Shadow and using them as vehicles for different gameplay styles. For a while it honestly felt like they were torturing Sonic with how many different gameplay styles they were shoving onto him during the past decade.
>>
>>377472656
The weird thing is that Boost has become LESS polished since they first introduced it.
There's been one control improvement since Unleashed (relocating the Homing Attack back to "double tap jump" where it belonged) but everything else took a big step back.
>>
>>377470868
I unironically liked sonic DX
>>
Sonic Team is just full of untalented people.

Utopia is the best 3D sonic game since SA2 and it was made by 2 people.
>>
>>377470868
I'm still waiting on a full video of acts of Park Avenue of both Modern and Hero.

Still i've enjoyed boost games before, and each game improved upon the last one, hopefully Forces improves upon Generations' boost.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.