[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain to me how time travel works and who has actually used

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: European_Cover_Art_KH3D.png (1MB, 1024x917px) Image search: [Google]
European_Cover_Art_KH3D.png
1MB, 1024x917px
Explain to me how time travel works and who has actually used it in this game.
Obviously Young Xehanort and Ansem Seeker of Darkness have but what about any other incarnations of Xehanort?
Plus how can Xemnas and Ansem exist in a world where Master Xehanort is revived?
>>
Anime
>>
Its a static timeline like Final Fantasy 8.
Let me fetch the 100 page paper explaining how that works.
>>
>>377469413
I'll be waiting
>>
>>377468637
Weird heart transfer shit, a lot of it is honestly a paradox but who cares at this point
>>
>>377469852
I kind of care. I feel like it would be something if we could figure some shit out before the big exposition dump happens in 3.
>>
>>377468637
It's impossible to explain. Anyone who tries to give you a summary is an autist. Play the games for the boss fights and disney nostalgia.
>>
Time travel, and multiverse bullshit is a plague on any form of media. Due to the fact that time travel can only be theorized about, you get nothing but plothole after fucking plothole. If I see one more goddamn universe reboot in another series, I'm going to blow my fucking brains out. All writers need to stop writing about time travel forever.
>>
>>377468637
Master Xehanort/Ansem Seeker of Darkness did.
So, if you shed yourself down to nothing but a heart, you can travel back in time, but only to places you have been at the time. Also, you can't change history.
Young Xehanort's task was to travel through time and collect different versions of himself so they could meet at a pre determined point to complete the 13 darknesses.
As to why Ansem and Xemnas could exist...I have no fucking clue. But I believe it's only because they gathered through time to meet at that point, but once they failed to make Sora one of them, they all went back to their proper places in time.
>>
this story is such a fucking mess how does any follow this shit?
>>
>>377471665
It's quite easy to follow if you've played the game. That doesn't stop it from being ridiculously dumb but it's really no different than any other crazy anime.
>>
>>377471813
*all the games
>>
>>377471639
So let's say Xehanorts plans are destined to fail by Sora's hands isn't trying to turn Sora into a vessel changing history?
>>
>>377472130
No, because it was happening in the present. They just happened to manipulate Sora at the beginning of his mark of mastery to fall into their plans, they didn't actually "change" history.
Basically at the end of DDD, MX has Aizen levels of bullshit foresight, but he was semi-cucked by Lea/Axel
>>
I'm watching a video explaining the overall plot of these games.

i'm still more baffled by how Disney and FF characters are in the same game than the light and darkness plot.
>>
>>377471639
I'm fairly sure the Xehanort that talked to young Xehanort was actually his Heartless Ansem.
If it wasn't then the entire intro of the first game would make no sense.
>>
>>377472772
Yes, you're right. I just don't know if YX actually had to wait the long way when traveling through time, or he could time jump
>>
KH Lore threads are some of my favorite threads on /v/. This one is a little disappointing so far.
I don't even play the games. I just love the plot and how full of dumb shit it is.
>>
>>377472848
It appears that he can time jump but that just opens more questions considering they established you must give up your body to do so.
>>
>>377472932
We only have like two or three people trying to contribute at all. Need some more lorefags to get in here
>>
>>377468637
Xehanort went back in time and told different versions of himself to time jump forward to the same point in time.

Once the time shit wore off they all went back to their original times and won't remember anything.
>>
File: lore.jpg (1MB, 3840x8000px) Image search: [Google]
lore.jpg
1MB, 3840x8000px
It just werks.
>>
>>377473335
The only Xehanort told to gather other versions of himself was YX by Ansem.
Gotta keep all these Xehanorts straight.
>>
I really like the boxart for this game. But it kind of spoiled the plot for me. I like when boxarts have actual meaning
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.