[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I like this series if I don't give a fuck about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

Can I like this series if I don't give a fuck about Disney, but like JRPGs?
>>
>>377462362
>but like JRPGs?
No. It's an Action RPG FULL of disneyshit.
>>
>>377462362
You have to wade through a lot of disney
>>
>>377462362
I absolutely fucking despise Disney shit but I've ended up enjoying these games quite a bit. After the first game the Disney stuff starts to matter less (albeit it's still a constant thing and makes up the "worlds" and small sub-stories).
>>
>>377462362
Maybe. It's a mess of a series, but a fun mess.
>>
>>377462362
im a weeb who hates western animation and i love the series
>>
File: 1375655196005.png (595KB, 867x766px) Image search: [Google]
1375655196005.png
595KB, 867x766px
>>377462362
Yes, i'm not too found of Disney myself yet KH is one of my favorite franchises out there, as a matter of fact as the games goes on the disney stuff becomes less and less important
>>
>>377462362
if you dont give a fuck about disney, then yeah of course. i never really gave a fuck about disney until after i liked the series. but they all still feel like JRPG characters to me
>>
>>377462362
I have never seen a Disney film in my life aside from Fantasia, and I like the series.

Be warned that the plot becomes batshit stupid after KH2 though.
>>
>>377462362
It's basically a disney game with arkham combat
>>
>>377463284
every JRPG is batshit stupid one way or another. its part of the charm that is japanese games.
>>
>>377462362
No. I only played KH1, but I actually hated every minute of it. The only reason ppl like it is nostalgia and Disney. Without that, its not good.
>>
>>377463354
>Arkham combat

Confirmed for having never played the series.

It's closer to something like DMC or Nier Automata than Arkham.
>>
>>377462362
Yes
The Disney characters feel like just characters if you aren't crazy about Disney in general, they don't even make the game or it's story feel weird
>>
>>377463661
k
>>
File: 642497720-642497811_3541.jpg (46KB, 600x530px) Image search: [Google]
642497720-642497811_3541.jpg
46KB, 600x530px
>>377463354
>arkham combat
>>
>>377462362
What I will never understand is why Square Enix refuses to make their own Original Property that simply uses the Kingdom Hearts gameplay from KH2 as its base. It must be cheaper than dishing out $$$ to Disney to use their frankly shitty restricted censored and limited characters (to this day Mickey is forbidden from beating any villain because Disney Censorship).

It just makes no sense. They got a good idea going, but why not make it fully their own?
>>
>>377463982
>to this day Mickey is forbidden from beating any villain because Disney Censorship
im pretty sure that isnt true. they already broke the mickey mouse ears law
>>
>>377463982
Kingdom Hearts is already a cash cow, hey ain't exactly Disney's hostage
They did try transfering KH's gameplay to another game though, Final Fantasy XIII Versus, but that's a tragic story i'd rather not reminisce about
>>
>>377463661
KH1 is the most Disney-y one.
>>
The Disney stuff is more or less just a backdrop. As the series goes on it delves more and more into its own invented characters and lore rather than relying on Disney villains (only remotely relevant in the first game) or Final Fantasy cameos (never actually important).

If you HATE disney, you'll have a hard time, because 90% of the games is wandering through disney worlds and seeing disney characters or poorly re-enacting disney movie plots. But if you're just ambivalent, there's enough that stands on its own. I'm in the same boat.
>>
>>377464441
>>377464346
KH1 was literally ALL Disney. It wasn't even interesting either. Each world was pretty much just rehashing the plot of the movies. There was almost no original story whatsoever.
>>
>>377464346
KH3 too. I came from the future.
>>
>>377464856
There's literally no space for Disney, at least 13 boss slots are already taken
>>
>>377464682
Except that the entire finale was Ansem Seeker of Darkness "Kingdom Hearts is light" Sora/Riku jealousy horseshit.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.