[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has video games made you more or less lonely, was it worth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: 1403891397189.gif (546KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1403891397189.gif
546KB, 200x150px
Has video games made you more or less lonely, was it worth all the time?
>>
>>377460368
I have no friends, but I don't blame the video games, they were just a means to escape that reality.
>>
I have no friends and it's probably in part due to all the games I was playing as a teenager instead of going out and meeting people.

I fucking curse the day I received the PS1 in Christmas of 1995.
>>
File: IMG_0098.jpg (94KB, 695x715px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0098.jpg
94KB, 695x715px
>>377460368
>play persona 3
>feel less lonely
>it's over
>sudden horrible depression
>play persona 4
>feel great again
>don't ever want it to be over
>finally finish persona 4
>feel horrible
>wait 4 years for persona 5

The cycle has continued. Persona 6 can't come soon enough.
>>
video games got me interested in cosplaying
cosplaying got me into fursuiting

videogames have greatly impacted my life
>>
>>377460693
how do you deal with that now?

>>377460921
do you think it would have change anything?
>>
>>377460368
I got into videogames fairly late, probably around 16 or so.

I was never a gregarious person.
>>
>>377461036
are you saying video games turned you into a furry faggot?
>>
>>377461062
>how do you deal with that now?
Drink and occasionally smoke, and of course play more video games.
I can't remember the last time I was sober.
>>
>>377461131
aren't you lonely at all?

>>377461173
how can you afford all that booze?
>>
File: 1465734582928.gif (1MB, 478x360px) Image search: [Google]
1465734582928.gif
1MB, 478x360px
>tfw when you realize you are already dead

Been dead for about 6 years now, but nobody told me. Whatever the fuck I'm doing right now most certainly isn't life. Other people are living, but whatever the fuck I'm doing isn't life. I'm dead, and I don't even know how to feel about it.
>>
>>377461162
yes
>>
I play more games when I'm depressed, but playing more games doesn't make me depressed.
>>
>>377461346
>aren't you lonely at all?
A little, but you get used to it and honestly I have a pretty trash personality with elitist interests so there's no love lost.

Oh well. Grats on keeping thread bumped.
>>
>>377461346
>how can you afford all that booze?
Buy the cheap shit on sale, the biggest bottle they have, and preferably the strongest you can get. I prefer weed. though, it's much cheaper in the long run and doesn't make me feel like shit after.
I make just enough to cover my expenses and to drink myself retarded. I know I'm in a hole, but I don't know how to climb out.
I drink about 4 liters a day.
It's been 3 years since I started.
>>
File: C90A6-9UIAAoNeV.png (1MB, 872x1000px) Image search: [Google]
C90A6-9UIAAoNeV.png
1MB, 872x1000px
>>377460368
>Has video games made you more or less lonely, was it worth all the time?

Games have been the 'bridge' between social 'cliques' since high school, and I've met some... INTERESTING people over our shared love of gaming.

The key is not being a fanboi who talks for the sake of talking, those faggots ruin everything
>>
I have not played Persona 5 in a month.
The world has color again.
>>
>>377460368
>it's another /v/ pretends to be /r9k/ episode
Quit indulging in so much goddamn self-pity. If you don't like your life, change it.
>but I can't!
Nobody ever changed their lives believing that nihilistic bullshit. Either change or fuck off, either way nobody wants to hear your whining.
>>
File: 1445345111565.gif (3MB, 241x176px) Image search: [Google]
1445345111565.gif
3MB, 241x176px
>>377460368
>played games with childhood friends
>made us tight-knit as most in town were jocks
>now into mid twenties and still see eachother regularly but most of the others have already gotten married and/or had kids
>"had" kids because those that did got divorced, lost custody, and pay child support, while the other 2 of the 3 non-child marriages failed as well within the third year
>the entire time prior to the wave of divorces was constantly bombarded by "lol when are you getting married anon? Aren't you lonely?" "Nah can't make it man, me and (now ex) are going to (place) tonight. *enter snickering of friends wife on the other side of the line when she hears I'm staying home playing video games on the weekend*"
>Me and the other friend who didn't have a fucked relationship are the only ones who still have their property, but he isn't """allowed""" to do much of anything while I go to new countries and fuck easy sluts during my vacations while the rest wallow in their debt and "what-could-have-beens"

Worth every second.
>>
>>377461425
you should go to a doctor and ask for help
>>
Nice /r9k/ thread. Saged
>>
>>377461757
goto a doctor and ask for help
>>
File: whatevershark.jpg (486KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
whatevershark.jpg
486KB, 800x1200px
>Grew up on a farm. In the country. Didn't have neighbor kids to play with
>Never went to daycare
>In elementary school, every fucking year my current best friend was assigned to the other class.
>When I did invite someone over my dad made them do farm work
>Wasn't allowed in sports (I wanted to be in track)
>Wasn't allowed to watch most popular movies/TV shows/play popular games so I couldn't connect that way.
>Big family. Thought my older brothers and sisters could replace friends. (spoiler alert, they grow up and forget about you.)
>Didn't have a cellphone in highschool/college. Lost contact with so many people because of it.
>Couldn't get a job because I had to work for my dad after school.
I mean, I guess I could have tried harder, but a lot of things were against my will. Videogames just passed the time. I would never ignore someone's invitation to play games instead.
>>
Video Games.
>>
>>377463195
I don't want anyone to see me like this, I would rather die. Everyone always told me I would fail and become a loser in life, I don't want them to see they were right.
>>
>>377461062
If I hadn't gotten into video games, I would have found more things to do outside with other people. Before the PS1 came along, I only occasionally played on the NES.

Then when I unwrapped the PS1, I suddenly desired nothing but to stay indoors and glued to the screen. It was almost instantaneous how my life changed. Stopped hanging out with my childhood friend and basically became a recluse.

Now I'm a 30 year old kissless virgin. I honestly wouldn't be able to deal with it if I wasn't already on a shit ton of anti-depressants.
>>
>>377463464
Just end yourself already
>>
>>377463464
a doctor isn't those people anon-chan
>>
>>377463550
>30 years old

Fuck off grandpa, you're embarrassing yourself
>>
>>377463221
that's very sad anon-chan
>>
>>377463558
I already have a noose in my closet ready to go. I'm just waiting for the right time, for when I can't take it anymore.
>>377463562
He'll become one of them when he sees me, and he'll silently judge how terrible of a person I must have been to fall so low.
>>
>>377460368
They helped me make friends during primary school, and I still regularly play and talk with most of my buds after graduation. I felt sorry for the kids who were both awkward and didn't play any games the most, as they literally had nobody to talk to.
>>
>>377463550
that's sad, have you tried online dating?
>>
>>377460368
My friends became potheads or drones following the newest fad and going full retard. I only have one real close friend and we play vidya all the time. Maybe I should have been more social but I don't give a shit. I still lift and hide my power level from others without getting too close to anyone.
>>
>>377462101
whining about whiners. Or are you trying to sell a selfhelp book?
>>
>>377463715
let it go and just go to the doctor, you can even email them or talk to them over the phone
>>
>>377463715
>He'll become one of them when he sees me, and he'll silently judge how terrible of a person I must have been to fall so low.
It doesn't matter what they think of you personally. They're there to help and they'll give you the attention and advice that you need.
>>
>>377463715
Docs see people who beat children to death for looking a them wrong, who are wildly addicted to drugs, who sell their children into prostitution to afford drugs and shit. They won't judge you that much. There's some crazy sick shit in this world, you're likely not even close to the bottom. You have the chance to get help, take it.
>>
>>377463984
I'm good anon, but thanks for trying.
>>377464032
I've already tried it before and it didn't work, they just put me on anti-depressants and it made everything worse. like having the urge to scream, but all that comes out is laughter that echoes how I really feel. It's disgusting and distorted, people notice too.

This is making me feel really gay, and I already sound like a huge faggot looking for attention so I'm going to stop. This is my last post.
>>
All that time I'd pour into some other shit like books and maybe that'd improve me but probably not, since I'd read some fiction shit anyway. Not like I'd be good looking or charismatic if I didn't play.
>>
>>377460368
>tfw you have friends and good social skills, but still feel isolated

I hate to break it to some of you, but your lonely existences doesn't miraculously end if you have friends. I only had a few friends in high school and then went to a big college where I didn't know anyone and felt so alone. I gradually made friends but it took fucking forever. I'm 28 now and I have lots of friends still, but I work all the time and so do they. You begin to hit a routine of managing work and life and it can become too much at times. You feel isolated from what it's like to LIVE. I want to travel, see the world, sit around with my friends and hang out like old times, not have to CONSTANTLY worry about bills, but that's just a part of reality.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.