[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long do you think overwatch will last? How many heroes will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: 20170519_201709.jpg (142KB, 526x590px) Image search: [Google]
20170519_201709.jpg
142KB, 526x590px
How long do you think overwatch will last?

How many heroes will they add?

How many maps?
>>
>>377458609
Well if League is still going I'd say they'll get at least seven-eight years out of it. Console babby converts prop shitty cash sink games like these up for years.
>>
>>377458609
It's a blizzard game. Even their worst games are still kicking
>>
File: 1452120738127.png (163KB, 432x455px) Image search: [Google]
1452120738127.png
163KB, 432x455px
>you are now remembering all of the "this game will last 6 months max" threads on /v/
>you're not remembering the unironic "battleborn is better" threads on /v/
>>
>>377460056
People make mistakes and shitty judgements all the time, doesn't mean that one should necessarily hold onto something that in the end is utterly pointless.
>>
>>377460217
yikes

buyers remorse really hurtin eh?
>>
>>377458609
Reminder that they released 3 heroes in 12 months
>>
>>377460056
>you are now remembering all of the "this game will be a major esport that will beat LoL and Dota" threads on /v/
>>
>>377460259
I don't even own Battleborn if that's what you're implying
>>
>>377460310
it took LoL's spot at PC Bangs and had a ton of people quitting other games and coming over

then Blizz said "buy teams for 20 mil" and murdered it

>>377460347
dang, deleted your account even?
>>
>>377460056
>this game will last 6 months max
but they were right
it got 3 heroes in a year, two of which are still completely irrelevant in the meta
even less maps. holy fuck why are there so few maps. most of the existing ones are shit too.
nobody talks about it anymore other than consolecucks who have nothing else to other than jack off to their skin collection since that's the only """""""""""""""""content""""""""""""" the game gets nowadays
>>
>>377458609
it will last as long as the cash shop does.
>>
File: 1493966678051.png (561KB, 523x614px) Image search: [Google]
1493966678051.png
561KB, 523x614px
>>377460419
>it sold tens of millions of copies
>is blizzard's most popular game by far
>has more players than anything but LoL
>somehow the lack of post game content invalidates this
>>
>>377460618
How many players does it have exactly?
Oh wait, blizzard doesn't release player numbers lol
>>
>>377460419
>nobody talks about it anymore
>daily threads on /v/
:thkegning:
>>
File: 1494422947662.jpg (12KB, 205x200px) Image search: [Google]
1494422947662.jpg
12KB, 205x200px
>>377460419
>irrelevant
>in
>the
>meta

>meta
not seen an "I am a cocksucking faggot" post like this on /v/ for a few months
>>
>>377461059
I know nobody cares about the meta in your sub-2k rating games but that doesn't mean every match is like that, anon
>>
>>377460504
>can't even buy what you want outright, can only buy a chance to get what you want
>no trading system and all duplicates are instantly turned into in-game currency

I can only imagine the people that spend money on these things and get three sprays and a voiceline.
>>
>>377458609
I don't know, eventually they'll run out of concepts and mechanics to copy though.
>>
>>377461213
Not that guy, but this whole meta shit is exactly why I quit the game.

It's like fighting the developer, since they just decide on a whim what character is absolutely necessary to be in almost any game.

I don't want a game that will make my hours on a character relevant just because some scrubs complain on reddit or the offical forums.

Generally, the communication the ow team has made thus far, is probably one of the most laughable attempts at the "we'd like to hear your feedback" trope in a long time.
>>
How long until 7 billion sales
>>
>>377458609
As long as they keep being the highest bidder for full "game journalism" coverage.
>>
>>377458609
I don't really care anymore. Paladins offers the same experience except with better characters that don't feel neutered for the sake of appealing to idiots.
>>
>>377460259
yes I regret spending 40 bucks on overshit, played it 60 hours last summer and havent touched it since
>>
>>377460618
Honestly the marketing they filter their player numbers through is so easy to see through I feel bad for you if you actually buy into it. Attend class.
>>
File: 1495229962865.png (119KB, 308x250px) Image search: [Google]
1495229962865.png
119KB, 308x250px
I played the OW beta and preordered and played the game since release but quit playing it around February.

>opens lootbox

Every match/encounter in the game feels too binary, way too rock-paper-scissors

>smokes a sick bowl and watches the latest FREAKIN EPIC episode of reddit and reddit

The writing for the game itself is a literal "middle class suburban Caucasian family that owns a minivan with an honor student sticker and serves as the vehicle to transport their shitheaded kids to soccer practice" type of deal

>posts an EPIC snapchat for the squad ^_^

The maps are chokes ontop of chokes

>sips on thc 6mg nicotine infused bacon sriracha milkshake made with gluten/vegan/cis free milk

And finallly fuck tumblr and all it's pastel colored artsy fartsy bullshit and the mass of fuckin lame ass fanart for this goddamn game created by SJWs and horny little kids who can't control their hormones.

>jacks off to r34 widowmaker

Also blizz wanting millions from teams for the whole overwatch league bullshit reminds me about how blizzard is prob ran by a bunch of literal fucking jews.

rant
>>
I don't know exactly when /v/ got to be so full of cunts who suck AAA cock but it's never been more apparent to me than with Overwatch.

>It's sold 19 Triillion copies, that means it's good

Just end this shit Hiro.
>>
>>377458609
Have played more Battleborn than Overwatch.

Battleborn has much better classes and felt more like a moba than a fps. I'm only pissed that Battleborn wasn't made on Unreal Engine 4...
Why couldn't they make the game on UE4. Even ME:A was changed from UE3 because UE3 is just not good enough anymore.

But hero shooter are shit anyway. If you want an advice I would say play TF2. You get around the same experience gameplay wise as in Overwatch. Battleborn has a much better gameplay experience, but Battleborn has now just too few players. I hope Battleborn will go F2P with VAC. If not the game is dead.

But the Battleborn heroes are much more fun to play then Overwatch heroes.

>Roadhog
Ghalt is much better designed. His hook isn't an instant kill.

>Mercy
Miko and Alani are much better designed than Mercy. Where Mercy is just the heal slut with the op rez, Miko is made to heal, but also support the whole group in critical situations without imba heal. Alani feels like a fish in water. She is my favorite and I would love Overwatch if they would just copy Alani.

>Soldier 76
Oscar Mike is much better designed. The heal of Soldier is too op and should have just got stealth like Oscar.

>Reinhard
Montana has a better design because of the missing shield. Shields are always a mistake. Montana is more some kind of Dva/Reinhard combination.

>Torb
Just a mistake. The turret makes him anti fun.

>Sym
A noob stumper hero. She is just there for killing noobs. No aim required which is in a game like Overwatch just retarded. Battleborn has not one retarded hero like this.

>Pharah
A really good character (without the Mercy bullshit). Fun to play and really good designed for Overwatch. Benedict in Battleborn is not so fun. The biggest reason is because Battleborn is more ground 2d orientated where the air is not really used. Overwatch on the other hand is more 3d orientated, which is more complex and not so fun for me. If you want the 3d experience Overwatch is your game
>>
>>377462349
>arts major is trying to shill for some reason
>>
>>377460217

Ha. He bought Battleborn.
>>
File: 1494560769834.jpg (80KB, 426x348px) Image search: [Google]
1494560769834.jpg
80KB, 426x348px
>>377464040

Your opinion is shit.
>>
>>377464040
>Ana
She has a great design and there is nothing comparable in Battleborn.

>Widowmaker
Marquis... I hate sniper and a god tier Marquis is just a fun killer like Widowmaker. Both snipers should be just deleted from their games

>Hanzo/Genji
Deande and Thorn... all those heroes are fun, but if played by a noob can cost you the win.

What I miss in Overwatch are heroes like Phoebe and Rath. Why are there no sword wielding heroes? And this is the reason why I think Battleborn is better, because of those two heroes. Also the moba map is much more fun than the boring 2CP and follow the car maps.

I really hope Gearbox just makes Battleborn F2P with VAC, because Battleborn is the most fun hero "shooter" right now. I have completely lost any fun in Overwatch, because Overwatch feels dead. It feels like some kind of Counter Strike with bigger maps, where Battleborn feels like an MMORPG gameplay wise.

For the sjw aspect: Both games Overwatch and Battleborn have the same cringe meme talk and the same sjw content. I know it's hard for a Blizzard fan to hear, but Overwatch is a sjw game which follows the narrative of the Fake News. But neither Overwatch nor Battleborn are trying to force you on being trans gender or anything like that. But both games are the same about their story and how they are designed.

The biggest difference is that Blizzard is literally WoW and therefore every game is instantly sold in the millions. That's it. Both marketing campaigns are cringe. Overwatch is marketed for kids "COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL LUL KAPPA XD" as well as Battleborn. And if you look at Twitch you see that Overwatch just has the big names to push the game. If the big names aren't streaming the viewers are as good as dead. Battleborn has no real big streamer behind it (understandable for the shit tier marketing and the missing brand).

I'm just pissed that the CEO of Battleborn just fucked everything up. Why push for FUCKING ESPORT? WHY?
>>
>>377458609
It's gonna be alive for a long time but apart from a major expansion that seems unlikely the playerbase will stagnate
>>
>>377458609
If fucking HS has survived for this long...
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.