[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Soul Memory >Adaptability >Life gems >Horrible feeling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 17

File: Dark-Souls-2-Logo1.jpg (148KB, 694x362px) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls-2-Logo1.jpg
148KB, 694x362px
>Soul Memory
>Adaptability
>Life gems
>Horrible feeling combat
>Worst magic, invasions and covenants in the series
>Only a handful of bosses that don't feel like a glorified miniboss
>Every area is a PS2-esque series of straight lines
>Shitloads of callbacks and references to DS1 for no reason instead of coming up with something new (DS3 has the excuse of being a direct sequel)
>Backtracked all the great changes DS1 make from DeS for some reason but failed to have any of that games strengths either
>Almost comical lack of thought put into the world design
>Lots of obviously horrible gameplay designs too, like how the game encourages you to upgrade more gear than any other game in the series yet requires you to grind enemy drops for almost all your upgrade items. In spite of this the game doesn't have a designated drop rate stat, has soul memory and despawns enemies if you grind them too hard making actually getting the drops you need a huge pain in the ass

Contrarians and idiots that love 1v1 duels in the shitty delay based netcode of these games will somehow say this game is better than DS3 in spite of all this.
>>
>>377456235
Pardon me, I actually forgot one because this game has more stupid decisions than the 2016 election

>Only souls game so shit it had to get a release
>Release actually makes the game worse overall
>>
g-g-gg-git gud c-c-ca-cc-cazl shitter
>>
Don't forget about the graphical downgrade.
>>
B-B-BUT MUH PVP
L-LOOK I-ITS THE BEST PVP IN THE ENTIRE SERIES!!
>>
>>377456235
>ruined poise
>>
File: 1462377047428.jpg (99KB, 703x516px) Image search: [Google]
1462377047428.jpg
99KB, 703x516px
>>377456235
That was a big post, OP. But DS2 is still my favorite Souls game.
>>
It's flawed yeah, but I still like it. Not my favorite by any means but I still find it fun to revisit ever so often
>>
I'd love to see what the original game looked before they went and scrapped it halfway through. It must have been even worse.
>>
File: images-5.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images-5.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
Gael is supposed to represent all of humanity and hollows
He is literally the counter-part to the SoC
>>
>>377456781
Not much can be done about your shit taste I'm afraid.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (231KB, 1465x1259px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
231KB, 1465x1259px
>>377456781
If your favourite souls game is not Dark Souls 1 then:

>You probably never played Dark Souls 1
>You tried to play it but gived up (Souls games are not even hard)
>You got tired of pvp filled with cheaters
>You started the series with DS2 and think its the best one just because of it.
>>
>>377456997
mat_fullbright 0
>>
>>377457132
>pshh look at this kid having an opinion. You should like this instead because I said so
you sure showed him, laddie
>>
>>377456235
trump_wrong.gif
>>
>>377456235

DS1-DS2-DS3-BB

"HUR HUR WORST COVENANT EVER PLS FROMSOFT "
"HUR DUR WORST PVP EVER HUR DURH FROMSOFT PLS"
"HUR DUR WORST STORY/LORE WTF DEMON SOULS WAS BETTER"
"HUDR DUR .. GARBAGE WEAPONS/ARMOR WTF "

E v e r y
S i n g l e
Souls tread.
>>
File: JUST.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>377456235
>worst magic
>when DS3 exist
>>
>>377458045

this.

DS2 is a good, fun game. They all are you faggots. Enjoy them all it's a great game series
>>
>>377458045
DS2 sorcerery = completely irrelevant shit because it's just "shoot laser at man" and hexing does that way better

DS3 sorcerery = actually has it's own niche as long range big DPS once you realize the scaling is different and you need 60+ instead of 40+. fun spells like flashsword and farron dart, stealth spells are actually good now

DS2 miracles = total trash, worst type of spell in the whole series post patches because the attack spells are nerfed into uselessness and because of unlimited cheap lifegems the healing is pointless

DS3 miracles = healing in co-op is actually useful for the first time in the series because one ash estus of healing spells can stand in for many more regular estus, attack miracles finally have a niche as close range big damage between taliasman WA poise, lightning spears having a second short range hit and new spells like lightning stake

ds2 pyro = needs a stat investment but most of your damage comes from upgrading your flame, something that you need an entirely different vendor to do (worst of ds1 and ds3 pyro combined). probably the least terrible spell school in the game but DS3 has amazing pyromancy

ds2 hexing = broken bullshit that had to be patched over and over. in it's current form it's dark orb and dark weapon: the spell school because everything else either always sucked ass or was nerfed

ds3 "hexing" = realizing that it was too good and that pyro already exists as the quality build for magic, instead there's just some neat spells in each school that have different scaling, spells that actually have unique effects and aren't just sorcery spells with black textures

Also ash estus is a way better system than the herbs in DS2 when it comes to having you extend spell casts between bonfires. you can catually play as a spell only character and make it work without just cheating and having 99 of an item that gives you all your casts for free
>>
>>377457132
Nope. None of those apply to me.
Dark Souls 1 has an amazing first half, but a very shit second half. Plus, looking back, most of the game is extremely fucking easy.
Dark Souls 2 is has the most content and most replay value. However, this creates a case of quantity over quality.
Dark Souls 3 is a shallow and soulless cashgrab filled with fanservice. It is basically the 'The Force Awakens' of the Souls series.
If you judge them based on a simple dollar-per-hour system, I got the most enjoyment and money's worth from DS2.
>>
>>377456765
poise was the same, right?

I noticed no difference unlike in 3 where I was getting slapped around in Havel gear
>>
File: deadzone.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
deadzone.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>377456235
you forgot no whole orbs
>>
>>377456235
>Every area is a PS2-esque series of straight lines
thats an insult, comparing this pos game to ps2 games
but OP is 100% correct with everything else
>>
>>377459332
>Dark Souls 3 is a shallow and soulless cashgrab filled with fanservice. It is basically the 'The Force Awakens' of the Souls series.

Except this is actually what DS2 is like

>MEMBER ORNSTIEN?
>MEMBER SOLARIE?
>MEMBER BONFIRES EVEN THOUGH YOU DON'T LEVEL UP AT THEM ANYMORE AND THE GAMES THEME DOESN'T DEAL WITH FIRE AT ALL
>THESE 4 RANDOM ENEMIES IN SOME OTHER PLACE/TIME RANDOMLY HAVE THE SOULS OF GWYN SEATH NITO AND IZALITH LMAO

and so on. DS3 is a direct sequel to DS1, reusing some characters and concepts makes sense. DS2 has more in common with kings field than anything, so it being full of DS1 references anyway is retarded.

also

"The game might have bad content, but it has a TON of bad content" is a terrible argument
>>
>>377457132
I started with 1, hate 2 and my favourite is 3. What am I? Although i guess judging by the threads i'm a contrarian
>>
>>377456235

POWER
STANCES

Also, Dark Souls 2 had hitboxes that follow your character, unlike Dark Souls 3, where you phase through everything and can't attack anyone unless you attacked the location they spawned, while nobody can attack you unless they attack your spawn
>>
>>377462793
>POWER
>STANCES

rendered useless due to ADP
>>
>>377456235

>worst magic

stopped reading there
>>
>>377459305
>it's just "shoot laser at man" and hexing does that way better

Nigger do you even use spells + MLGS?
>>
>hbomberguy puts out video utterly dissecting autistic anti-DaS2 virgins and shits on their graves
>suddenly matthewmatosis apologists start shitposting about DaS2 again after everyone forgot it exists
turd eaters on damage control
>>
>>377463119
>Nigger do you even shoot lasers at men and also sometimes swing a sword

??? you can do the exact same thing with hexing and the crypt sword, which takes about as much effort to get

>>377463137
who?
>>
>>377459518
Man that still pisses me off. I never even use heavy armour but watching a literal rockman getting knocked around by some faggot with a leather mitten just looks dumb.

Surely the inability to dodge and being forced to tank hits is a good enough trade off for being literally immovable?
>>
>>377461363
>MEMBER ORNSTIEN?
A boss early in the game that affects nothing
>>MEMBER SOLARIE?
Oh no, they referenced an older game in flavor text! It's not like DaS1 and DaS3 straight up included characters from DeS or anything.
>>MEMBER BONFIRES EVEN THOUGH YOU DON'T LEVEL UP AT THEM ANYMORE AND THE GAMES THEME DOESN'T DEAL WITH FIRE AT ALL
You're in the same universe as DaS 1, you're still undead, you still link the fire in the end. God forbid they have consistency unlike DaS 1's framerate
>>THESE 4 RANDOM ENEMIES IN SOME OTHER PLACE/TIME RANDOMLY HAVE THE SOULS OF GWYN SEATH NITO AND IZALITH LMAO
Only legit complaint since it actually affects the game.

Meanwhile, DaS3 is more linear and rehashes absolutely everything. Absolutely Nintendo-tier.
>>
>>377462793
ds2 hitboxes are fucking terrible dude,
>>
>>377463748
DS3 poise activates when you attack, to prevent giant dad running towards you, tanking your attack with his face and getting a backstab

this + being able to have good rolls with way higher equip thresholds than in previous games make the reduced effect of poise fair imo
>>
>>377463978
Yeah, I guess being able to avoid backstabs makes sense. Especially with that fucking hornet ring.

Personally though I hated how DS3 only had two rolls (not counting the >100% stumble). Can't even explain why, probably for the same reason I hate seeing Havel get slapped about. Just doesn't look right.
>>
>>377459305
lmao ds3 pyromancies are so much fucking worse than ds2. forbidden sun, gcfb, and flame swathe were all significantly better in ds2
>>
>>377457132
People who's favorite game is DaS1 are only narutoretards who think Artorias is the sickezt xD character ever
>>
>>377463771
>It doesn't count when DS2 does it: the post

lmao

>Meanwhile, DaS3 is more linear and rehashes absolutely everything.
Besides the deep? or londor? Or the farron legion? or new character like nameless king and the super lotheric bros? or new areas mentioned in lore like cathrus?

DS3 has lots of stuff inspired by DS1 to be sure, but as a sequel that makes sense. It's not even confirmed that DS2 IS in the same universe as DS1 and yet it has literally ornstien and literally the belfry gargoyles but with more of them and literally all of the lord souls and literally linking the fire even though that has nothing to do with the games vauge theme of forgetting things.

As for being more linear, you must mean in the progression of areas because any given area in DS3 is way more complicated than DS2, which has levels like huntsmans warf which are literally straight lines. Even progression is a shaky argument because DS2 is basically just 4 sets of DS3 level design that sprawl out from majula
>>
Speaking of DaS2, anyone want to meet me at Throne of Want?
I want to get more sunlight medals but the game is pretty dead.
I have 8 500 000 SM.
>>
>>377464348
> forbidden sun
You mean that spell you can cast only 1-2 times without a wacky gimmick build and multiple playthroughs of the game?

Yeah, that's way better than vestiges that I can throw over and over because of ash estus
>>
>>377464504
Considering it's the last game in the series, any new lore that doesn't end up being explained and valuable is perceived as just filler-lore made up in two minutes. Miyazaki is such a hack.
>>
>>377464704
it is better because it has like twice the travel speed, and faster wind up, and deals more damage. Ashen estus was a huge improvement to magic in general don't get me wrong, but the mainstay pyrospells in ds2 were better than ds3 flat out
>>
>>377464704
>Yeah, that's way better than vestiges that I can throw over and over because of ash estus
>forget all the other tools you have in the game, spam one spell XDD
Fucking amazing magic system you got there senpai.
>>
>>377464736
>meanwhile literally nothing about DS2 is ever explained
>>
>>377464843
good.

They didn't eve explain what sitting on the throne even did.
>>
>>377456235
Was it really that bad, /v/?
>>
>>377464810
What i'm getting at is that being able to use a weaker (but still very strong) version of the spell a shitload of times is way better in basically every way besides making MLG youtube videos where you get sick forbidden sun frags

>>377464817
if any game has magic schools that are about spamming the one spell that's actually effective it's DS2, DS3 made all the weird gimmicky shit like rapport or stealth viable
>>
>>377462941
They took away my ability to swing two duel-wielded ultragreatswords with one button, so whatever.

>>377463921
This was my entire experience with DS3

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkkTtn1eO1I
>>
>>377463921
Every souls game has terrible hitboxes.
>>
>>377456235
What did they ruin about poise? It's not as OP as in DaS but it's better than in DaS3.
>>
>>377465019
>They took away my ability to live out my anime fantasies, that means all these terrible ideas and mechanic changes are justified

power stance fans are mentally ill. it was a cool idea but the DS2 interpretation was fucking horrible and the only power stance builds that were actually any use at all were cheesy shit like mace poisebreak or two blue flames buffing eachother. There was a bunch of combinations of weapons but the time spent on those animations for stupid shit like spear + hammer or whatever that only a couple special snowflakes used could've been spent improving the many many flaws the game had instead

DS3 twin weapons are way better take on the concept, they just needed to actually include them all
>>
File: 1536789.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1536789.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>377464843
We know everything about DaS2's story like 20 minutes into the game.

It's probably the most straightforward of the Souls games in terms of storytelling.
>>
DkS2 PvP was only better for middlecore players desu. You can tell because people who like DkS2 PvP will cite "heavy weapons are good" as a reason DkS2 PvP was good, when anybody with a functioning brain stem would realize that heavy weapons in DkS2 had the same problem as in 1, they were just a bit harder to punish.

DkS2 PvP had a lot of balance patches, but the patches were always based around the LCD. Min-maxing in DeS/DkS was pretty straight forward, but in DkS2 it was a total clusterfuck. Soul memory completely ruined any semblance of even playfield the series ever had, and once goatse ring got added back in, building your character became even more cancerous than it was before.
>>
>>377456235
All of that is true!
But the brilliant pvp more than makes up for it, at least when compared to das3 and its flaws.
>>
>>377465390
Please explain the following. If possible cite where in the game you learn this

>What was up with the CGI intro, in particular the vortex your character jumps into
>What the fuck is things betwixt
>Why does the emerald herald just sort of assume you're here to see the king, and why does the main character proceed to murder anyone and everything in their path in response to a vauge pep talk from them
>What does sitting on the throne do?
>>
>>377463978
>to prevent giant dad running towards you, tanking your attack with his face and getting a backstab

Poise didn't enable you to do this in Dark Souls 2, either. And you could run BS people just fine in DeS, a game without poise.

I think poise is kinda shitty, and I'm glad DkS3 neutered it, but this is not a good argument for DkS3 poise.
>>
>>377465004
>spamming a shittier spell is better lmao
>oh btw in ds2 you only spam one spell ever and thats a bad thing
>>
>>377465641
DS2 barely has backstabs at all because of how slow it takes to activate and how specific the area is

DS3 brought back backstabs to be more like DS1 (IE actually worth doing with a satisfying animation/sound)

>>377465698
Are you trying to strawman my points, or are you just brain damaged? Since you like DS2, probably the latter.

broken sun you use a handful of times is better:
- because it has big numbers and goes really fast so it kills people really good in my sick youtube montage

weaker chaos vestige you can use way more often is better:
from a balance perspective because you can't instantly delete a target
from a fun perspective because you get to use your cool spell way more
from a gameplay depth perspective because you have to use the same resource you'd use for other spells that are also good that you have equipped to cast it, while with forbidden sun builds you generally just cast forbidden sun a few times and then you're either done forever or you use a herb (out of 99) and don't have to think about resource management at all

how is it better?
>>
File: 1457305712024.jpg (309KB, 1187x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1457305712024.jpg
309KB, 1187x1080px
>worst covenants
Gank Magic is forever.
>>
>be assblasted because B-team made far better lore and story than A-team
>shit on DS2

Pat yourselves on the back guys
>>
>>377466224
>better lore
>better story

did we play the same DaS2?
>>
>>377465970
I think you might be retarded because vestiges isn't fun at all. It's slow as fuck has a huge windup and is rolled through 99% of the time. Forbidden sun at least fulfilled the fantasy of the giant fuck-off spell by being effective. I already said the mana system is an improvement so I don't know why you keep going back to it ass the hallmark of ds3 pyromancy spell quality
>>
>>377465390
DS1 and 3 have an intro that explains the world/backstory, then after a tutorial segment the very first NPC you run into explains that they think it'd be really cool if you did X because then Y will happen, but maybe along the way you think doing X sucks after all and another NPC mentions you can do Z instead. THAT is straight forward

in DS2 the intro is some vauge bullshit and then your character jumps into a portal for some reason. Then you talk to some grandmas and they say some more needlessly cryptic shit and you go through the tutorial area. Then you talk to the emerald herald and she says "find the king" but fails to actually explain why. Then dozens of hours later after you've obtained the souls needed to open the shrine to winter (because you can't climb over a small pile of rubble) you finally get to drangleic castle and gradually start getting some actual details on what the fuck you're doing here.

Why are you literally lying?
>>
>>377466261
DaS1 and 3 have shit lore. 2's lore is actually really good in comparison to those.
>>
>>377466335
>he is so fucking dumb he didn't understand the intro to DaS2
Top fucking kek, go watch some VaatiVidya videos or something to get a quick rundown faggot.
>>
>>377466446
>2's lore is actually really good in comparison to those.

how does no lore mean good lore?
>>
>>377466530
nice argument lol xD really made me think haha
>>
>>377465970
Backstabs in both DkS2 and DkS3 have start-up, difference is in DkS3 if you whiff them, you still get an attack instead of a useless punt. It's also maybe a bit more forgiving in DkS3.

But in DkS2, even if you poised through an enemy's attack, if you weren't in the middle of some action (attacking, rolling, etc.) you'd go into a mini-stagger, which would slow down your movespeed and prevent you from starting any attacks for a little bit.
>>
File: sssssip.png (23KB, 607x164px) Image search: [Google]
sssssip.png
23KB, 607x164px
>>377456235
>Worst magic, invasions and covenants in the series
>Worse magic than DS3
>Worse invasions and covenants than DS1
>>
>>377465594
>What was up with the CGI intro, in particular the vortex your character jumps into

It's how the player travels to faraway lands, and it's pretty consistent with how DLC areas are entered.

>What the fuck is things betwixt

A place? In Drangleic?

>Why does the emerald herald just sort of assume you're here to see the king

She doesn't assume that. She's the one who WANTS you to find Vendrick. She has no idea why you're there.

>why does the main character proceed to murder anyone and everything in their path

That happens in every game in the series.

>What does sitting on the throne do?

It's just an ending.
>>
>>377466335
DS1's explanation about the world makes no sense the first time you play it and you're never given any reason to actually care about what you're doing. You start your quest because some guy you just met tells you that there's this story in his family about ringing some bells. And the moment you get to where you have to ring the bells, the first thing you hear is that it's a pain in the ass to do it. They never even explain to you what the ages are and they're sending you off on a quest to keep the age of fire from ending. The whole game is people telling you to do shit but not telling you why.

DS2's intro may be vague, but it immediately tells you what you need to know: you have a curse and you want to get rid of it. Then the grandma tells you to go to Drangleic because you might be able to do it there. And then the Emeral Herald tells you what to do in order to continue your goal. You don't get what you want, but at least you KNOW what you want.
>>
>Dark Souls 1/3 - Dude time is convoluted LMAO
>"10/10 thank you FROMSOFT"

>Dark sousl 2 is actually a story and its lore isn't some magical time bullshit
>"fucking B-team worst game ever no lore lmao"
>>
File: galo.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
galo.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>377466867
>DkS story is really vague and you don't really understand what's going on as you play through it, you just keep progressing from one area to the next by exploring until you exhaust all possible routes and move on
>You will always keep moving on, even with no tangible in-game motivation, because you Want to reach the end of the game
>DkS2
>Game starts off with Emerald Herald telling you that you that "one day, you will stand before its decrepit gate...
>"Without really knowing why."

dks2 is meta as fuck
>>
>>377456235
I legitimately like the core combat and feel like its the best out of the three games for PVE. That being said i hate the PVP in the delayed netcode and people who dick hug it despite 99% of people running top tier meta and saying "everything is viable" well never proving it.

Its too bad almost every boss/area is terrible and so a slightly better then 1/3 core isn't utilized at all.
>>
>>377457132
DaS1 is better then 2/3 but i prefer Bloodborne.

Never tried PVP because i played it super recently and got invaded like twice and won once and lost once. From how it sounds it sounds like it relies on more unintended glitches to give itself "depth" then any other game in history. The second i heard about toggling to cancel backstabs despite still going through the animation i lost interest that is idiotic.

I really enjoy DaS1 though its definitely the easiest of the 3 but everything feels powerful and genuinely fun. Some bosses are too gimmicky and have terrible AI though like versions of the Asylum demon all easily looping the jump attack over and over for 100% easy fights.

Or poise being outright a cheese mechanic. But still loved it.
>>
>>377466745
DS2 convenants are worse than 1. 1 had great ideas ruined by execution and bad online framework, 2's are just shit

>invasion covenant that's not actually about invading but dueling
>blue's have even less chances to invade the guilty because of the changed sin mechanics, soul memory, and no full orbs
>instead of in a large area with interesting enemies that you have to enter, the area defense covenants are all in optional areas with annoying meme enemies
>have to get 500 arena wins without losing once to max out red/blue covenants

they're also lame thematically except for belltower
>>
>>377456235
i like how this one is not linear compared to 3, you can go down the hole, to the crossroads, the place with the ancient knights or the forest of the giants if you want to from the start.
>>
>>377468663
Except that's not true. You can go to forests of giants or knights first, you can't survive the pit at level 1 and getting the anti fall ring takes souls, and you can't go the the crossroads until you find or buy a branch of yore because the pyromancy girl is in the way
>>
>>377466261
>Vendrick's story
>Shards of Manus story
>Past Kings story
>Breaking the curse story

And it all ties together too. 1 and 3 are literally "dude so complex it's DEEP LMAO"
>>
File: Old_Knight.png (464KB, 598x369px) Image search: [Google]
Old_Knight.png
464KB, 598x369px
>>377469241
mah nigga
>>
>>377469031
Yeah, but you can go down the hole at "later" levels without having to defeat lots of bosses, i just like that you have to option to go whatever the fuck you want from the start, do you want to farm souls for the ring? go ahead and do it. 3 just feels so linear imo, but it's a way better game.
>>
>>377469241
>>Shards of Manus story
>>Past Kings story
>>Breaking the curse story

none of that was in the game or DLC
>>
File: 1484434200350.png (376KB, 700x518px) Image search: [Google]
1484434200350.png
376KB, 700x518px
>ds1: 2318 players ds2: 1764 players (steamcharts)
huh really made me think
>>
>>377469502
check again sweetie ;)
>>
>>377469363
It was in the DLC.
>>
>>377469854
>It was in the DLC.

which I did not buy outside of Sunken King
>>
>>377469363
That's like saying Gwyn is never mentioned in Dark Souls 2. He is. They don't have to say his name directly, you know exactly who they are talking about.
>>
File: holenigger.jpg (11KB, 241x241px) Image search: [Google]
holenigger.jpg
11KB, 241x241px
>>377469912
>>
>>377469831
>ds1: 2322 players ds2: 1732
k?
>>
>>377464605
if you're on pc SOTFS it isn't dead at all
>>
>>377470161
1700 people isn't that much.
I get a summon like every 30 minutes.
>>
>>377456235
>worst magic
Fuck you, that's 3 by far. At least 2 makes up for the shithouse early and midgame by making you monstrously overpowered by the endgame.
>>
>>377465970
I play SOTFS all the time and the arena is a constant backstab fishing fest. I rarely ever see backstabs used in DKS3 because of how easy it is to roll away from everything 12 times
>>
>>377457132
I started the series with 1 and my favorite is 3. Sorry that you can't handle different opinions, my autistic friend.
>>
>>377465594
Shit-ass dead dude something something King Big Sad Guy something something ANOTHER FUCKING SWAMP LEVEL, followed by unskippable laughter
>>
File: 1484943006508.jpg (54KB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484943006508.jpg
54KB, 453x500px
>>377470302
just dont play ds2 its trash anyway
>>
>>377457132
no fashion souls
>>
>>377468663
>lets you choose which linear path to follow first
>not linear
>>
>try DaS2
>roll to avoid attack
>try immediately attack back
>swing sword at the air instead of enemy
Shit game.
>>
>>377471749
>input lag on shitty pc port so you miss time the i-frames on your roll
yeah pretty much the worst souls game.
>>
>>377471668
>semantics
>>
File: xanthoussadtrombone.jpg (313KB, 600x1053px) Image search: [Google]
xanthoussadtrombone.jpg
313KB, 600x1053px
>>
>>377470302
its above 2000 all the time sometimes it hits 3000. At 1500000 and 3000000 SM i see plenty of gold signs at drangleic castle and grand cathedral at all times. maybe its dead at higher SM?
>>
>>377471993
>making up excuses as to why this game is deader than its 2 year old prequel
>>
>>377456235
>worst covenants

They're just as good as Ds1's was if not better.
>>
Hi, guys, I've been reading every single reply in this thread to form an opinion despite never playing a souls game and it seems like Darks Souls II is the least good game
>>
So why the hell this game feels like a cheap copy of Demon's/Dark? Don't get me that b-team meme.
>>
>>377472187
we were never arguing over why pop is lower than Ds1
>>
>>377456235
what's wrong with life gems?
>>
So I'm playing the DS3 DLC right now.
Why is it so difficult compared to the base game? It´s like the steady difficulty curve completely broke

I used to think NMS and Cinder were pretty hard until I fought Friede, Demon Prince and Midir who I'm currently stuck on.
>>
>>377472579
Allowed for alot of mistakes and reckless play since you have endless healing
>>
>>377472579
They ruin the beauty of the estus system (and thus most of the difficulty curve in souls games) because you can buy them in unlimited amounts for cheap very early into the game

Beyond PVE basically only being hard in most situations if you actively choose to not use lifegems and face tank everything (which you can easily do because lifegems heal at a slow but steady rate, so you can pop them before you take hits) but it makes invasions fucked because it's basically impossible to take down a host with 99 lifegems in their back pocket

DS1 had similar problems with humanity/divine blessings but they were a lot slower and unless you cheat on PC getting lots of them takes some investment. in DS2 life gems pop quickly and the adaptablity stat makes them used even faster, you can literally just pop lifegems while taking hits and live almost anything if you have enough poise (again while DS1 has something similar estus is a lot more limited)

they just suck overall
>>
File: 1468082457188.jpg (22KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
1468082457188.jpg
22KB, 480x300px
CONTROVERSIAL OPINION:

I think DS2 is legitimately good, just not as good as DS1.
>>
>>377456235

>Dark Souls 3 was so cookie cutter average that it made this game relevant again

Holy shit the Souls series did not deserve such a shitty ending.

They really should have stopped at Dark Souls.

;_;
>>
>>377471668
It's better than always following the same path, i know that you will always end in the same goal but taking a different path is nice for a change.
>>
>>377472509
i was

ds1 > ds2
>>
What does Fromsoft have against Miracles? They were pretty good in DS1, hit pretty hard if a little slow.

DS2 I hear Lightning Spear was broken, then got nerfed into being useless. I haven't played DS2 Cleric in a while, but I remember it being not very effective until Dragon Chime Sunlight Spear.

DS3 is also pretty bad. Lightning Stake is nice, but Lightning Spear's damage sucks and GLS requires 30 Medals. Why so many?

Also, why do they keep making Sunlight Spear take the final boss soul? It makes it mostly worthless unless you wanna NG. At least in DS2 I can get it before the final boss. Even if it took 30 medals.

Also Faith weapons in DS3 are a joke.
>>
>>377472709
for midir use dragoncrest shield to block his fire do not try to dodge and stay close to his head as possible while dodging swipes and thats pretty much it. hes pretty easy 1st try boss when you learn him.
>>
>>377474073
the thing with sunlight spear is they take more damage the closer they are. i was one shotting people during instability frames with my 60 fth sl120 build
>>
>>377474408
I don't use shields since they feel like a crutch but I'll do so if I can't do it my own way
>>
>>377474073
lightning spear damage is good if you do it up close and get the second hit

poise WA and most of the new stuff cement faith as close range attack spells
>>
>>377461363
>forgetting how DS3 even has references to DS2 like Gilligan
>>
File: actually.jpg (39KB, 460x368px) Image search: [Google]
actually.jpg
39KB, 460x368px
I played every souls game within a month of release, starting with Demon's Souls. I spent at least 200 hours on each game, doing multiple builds, coop, and invasions.

My favorite one was dark souls 2 because PvP was the most fun and it had the most build variety. Mostly I only play DS3 now though because it has the most active community
>>
>>377474073
Honestly, I think it was pretty stupid to have so many offensive miracles to begin with. If you want to nuke people with magic, you should be a sorcerer. Clerics should be mainly healers.
>>
>>377474537
i dont use shields either but for midir its a must imo or you cant stay close enough to him after hes done attacking to hit his head b4 he starts attacking again. attacking his underside makes it 3x harder and longer to kill him
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.