[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw a game has been the only decent addition to the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 17

File: alien_isolation.jpg (128KB, 1024x693px) Image search: [Google]
alien_isolation.jpg
128KB, 1024x693px
>tfw a game has been the only decent addition to the franchise since Aliens
>>
>Implying Aliens was good and Alien 3 wasn't decent
>>
>>377455548
Alien Covenant will be good. Gonna see it in a few minutes
>>
Go easy on Alien 3. It was cool. I really don't understand why it gets so much hate, aside maybe from some same-ness fatigue.
>>
Best additions to the franchise were in comics

Sadly those have never been adapted, maybe AVP only

Aliens Outbreak was pretty good read
>>
>>377455548
umm yeah alien and alien 3 are the only good ones mate

also AvP and the AvP game were good
>>
>>377455897
I saw Covenant last night. It was great.
>>
>implying aliens is better than alien
>>
>>377455903

It was pretty sloppily put together desu.
I still think fondly of it.
>>
File: 1492107605946.jpg (198KB, 837x1227px) Image search: [Google]
1492107605946.jpg
198KB, 837x1227px
Wrong.

Kys all Alien films have been interesting except resurrection which was shit.

Isolation is probably the best addition though
>>
>>377455897
Got bad news for you my man.
>>
>>377455548
>>377455993
oh and Prometheus was decent, not great but okay
>>
>>377456027
They'e both good at doing different things. It's like the difference between 28 Days and Weeks Later.
>>
>>377456057
>Kys all Alien films have been interesting
remember me

the games were fun tho
>>
>>377455903
It's terrible, there are no stakes. I can forgive the killing of the cast of 2, but then in the beginning we hear Ripley has an Alien inside her, so we know she's dead. Then the whole movie takes place in a prison colony filled with the scum of mankind, rapists serial killers and such, which means it's hard to root for them, it'd be nicer if the aliens tore them all apart. So there's no tension in the movie at all. Who cares? The only likable character is going to die anyway.

Also OP is a fag, AvP2 was a great game. I heard AvP1 was good, never tried it.
>>
>>377456057
Actually, I take that back, I slightly preferred Covenant but both were great
>>
>>377455903
>>377455993
As much hate as Alien 3 it got isn't bad

At least it's so much much better than Covenant. That was some real stupid shit.
>>
>>377455548
Just got this. I remember people saying it was pretty okay but that was at a time when PS4 had no games. Is it actually good?
>>
>>377456132
Obviously I wasn't including that whole steaming pile of shit in film form of a series.

Goes without saying those never happened.
>>
>>377456132
I couldn't see shit during that movie.
>>
>>377456065
kys
>>
>>377456162
woah woah dont start talking shit about covenant i haven't even seen it yet!!

i was too young so i dont remember alien 3's release but i always like it lol
>>
>>377456146
>There's people stupid enough to like Prometheus when it's one of the most appaled and dismissed movies in recent history and an all time history
>You share the same board as these kind of people
>You share the same planet as these people
>>
>>377456262
lol there is literally no legitimate argument to explain how Prometheus was bad, just because the story was different to what you wanted doesn't mean it was bad
>>
>>377456329
Tbh I liked the story and themes of Prometheus, I just think it was poorly and at some points lazily presented. The deleted scenes help a bit
>>
>>377456398
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x1YuvUQFJ0

bunch of retarded characters just like covenant

they even did the "why don't they wear helmets" AGAIN
>>
>>377456398
>literally no legitimate argument to explain how Prometheus was bad, just because the story was different to what you wanted doesn't mean it was bad
Super mega kill yourself and leave no cell behind in this realm

Begone, fiend not from this world. May the Gods have mercy on your idiocy.
>>
>>377455897
It's the same all shit with these movies prometheus was better and longer.
>>
Alien 3 (Director's Cut or Q-Edition Fanedit) is good

Alien > Aliens > Alien 3

All other films are trash.
>>
>>377455548
How are the load times for Isolation on PS4 vs PS3? Finished it on PS3 and really liked it so I was wondering if there's a significant difference between versions.
>>
>>377456329
>I hate Prometheus b/c everyone else hates it
>>
>>377456746
Not him, but the movie is just plain dumb. It felt like Alien fanfiction written during a fever dream.
>>
File: Aliens_-_Book_One_-_cover.jpg (37KB, 300x456px) Image search: [Google]
Aliens_-_Book_One_-_cover.jpg
37KB, 300x456px
>>377456475
The concept was really good, but Ridley Scott is senile already

The production was a mess, like everything that comes from FOX

The deleted scenes don't help very much. The story was finished, then Lindelof came and took a big jew shit on it and made a mess on the walls, and Ridley and everyone left the turds to dry there. When the final cut came out it was bad and they knew, but somehow the FOX didn't expect people to "catch up" with the nonsense, because they've been doing nonsense forever and get away with it.

This time they didn't. It was that stupid. So stupid that even the stupids caught up how stupid and badly written it was.

If Covenant didn't made it out it would kill the Scott Free's ambition to keep making the new saga for real this time.

Covenant is the same stupid bull shit and cheap ass narrative with pseudo intellectual bull, but since it toned down its own expectations (and production value and money) it was likely going to recover the costs.

Plus it's Alien, and Alien franchise has been riding th efirst one and Cameron's hit since 25 years.
>>
>>377456478
RLM shit on everything so i wont take it seriously but

and yeah not everything in a horror movie is 100% realistic, where someone in real life may keep their helmet on someone in a movie may remove it simple as that why over-think it
>>
File: bob dole.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bob dole.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>377457062

There's this concept called suspension of disbelief, as in not everything has or can be explained, but the narrative has to be consistent enough to not break the immersion of it

Prometheus and Covenant characters being so overly imbecilic and not wearing helmets is the same as Gandalf suddenly summoning an AK47 and bullet spraying the orcs.
>>
File: 20170519_154330.png (252KB, 376x584px) Image search: [Google]
20170519_154330.png
252KB, 376x584px
This game is overrated
>>
The assembly cut of Alien 3 is just as good as Aliens. Monolith's Alien verses Predator 2 is a 10/10 game. The PS1 Alien games are pretty good, and Aliens Infestation on the DS is great too. Good effort though, anon.
>>
this shit is boring. i bought it for 9 bucks on steam last week but literally nothing fucking happens.

WHY THE FUCK ARE HUMANS FIGHTING EACHOTHER INSTEAD OF THE FUCKING MONSTER ON THE SHIP
>>
File: 1492280853430.jpg (70KB, 605x586px) Image search: [Google]
1492280853430.jpg
70KB, 605x586px
>>377456965
I don't necessarily agree with you but I found
>Lindelof came and took a big jew shit on it
hilarious so just for that you've earned my respect
>>
I haven't read the thread but on subject of the entire franchise I only found the first Alien vs Predator game great - all others, including Isolation were somewhat mediocre.
That aside I pity James Cameron for shoehorning his bitter and loneliness inspired anger with the world into the franchise with Prometheus and Covenant - Alien was about the indifference of nature and evolution and the fear this instills in humans but he forced shallow ideology into it to vent his personal frustration. Typical old man, can't change himself anymore so he retconns something he did while he was young to express himself.
>>
>>377457905
>James Cameron
Ridley Scott, anon. Cameron hasn't touched the franchise since Aliens
Also definitely play AVP2. It's a step up from the first AVP game for sure.
>>
>>377458023
Yeah, you're right. I typed between dying in a game and waiting for respawn and confused the names.
Anyways, I did play AvP2 and it was pretty good as well but after those the series went to shit. I wonder why nobody ever tried to revive it though, the whole 3 different species thing and mostly great map design made it very memorable.
>>
>>377455548
>>tfw a game has been the only decent addition to the franchise since Aliens

How come you didnt like Prometheus? I thought it was good.
>>
>>377455548
>Implying all of the Alien movies and Prometheus weren't good.
>>
>>377457905
>I pity James Cameron for shoehorning his bitter and loneliness inspi-

Cameron has nothing to do with anything alien related other than Aliens

This is Ridley Scott's failed attempt into being deep

Prometheus and Covenant are funny in the way that it's like a dumb kid trying to talk smart shit.

They have no more value than Ghosts of Mars, Pandorum or Event Horizon. Shit, Event Horizon and Pandorum are even just good, they don't tryhard pretentious bull shit.
>>
>>377458617
They did try to revive AVP back in 2010 under Rebellion, but that game couldn't hold a candle to the 2 original AVP games. They prioritized this weird melee system, killed a number of the good weapons (including making the predator's spear a projectile only weapon) and removed the Alien's lifecycle and other forms (they were only skins in multiplayer IIRC)
Campaign was also a huge step down from the first 2
>>
File: 1492840855794.jpg (16KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
1492840855794.jpg
16KB, 432x288px
>>377457905
>Miltonic allegory
>shallow ideology
>>
File: 1484106863749.jpg (51KB, 306x338px) Image search: [Google]
1484106863749.jpg
51KB, 306x338px
>Mfw You go into the hive and use the tracker.
>There are bleeps all over the map and you can hear them everywhere.
>>
File: screams internally.jpg (18KB, 352x360px) Image search: [Google]
screams internally.jpg
18KB, 352x360px
>>377458970
>mfw you start game in Nightmare difficulty
>tracker is fubar and just gives static and false blips
>corridor that normally is safe
>this time randomly the xeno just runs at me from behind and I'm dead
>>
>>377457269
>Prometheus and Covenant characters being so overly imbecilic and not wearing helmets is the same as Gandalf suddenly summoning an AK47 and bullet spraying the orcs.
No, it isn't.

I hate idiotic nerds like you that think characters should behave like perfectly logical automatons 100% of the time and should never behave irrationally, and that any sort of contrivance is a gaping "plot hole". Plausibility isn't fucking important to a story, especially a story featuring penis aliens with acidic blood. As long as the plot adheres to a level of coherency and doesn't jump from non sequitur to non sequitur, it's fine (though the latter can sometimes work). What's actually important in a story is characterization and thematization. Prometheus and Covenant do relatively poorly on the former, but excel in the latter, so they wind up being pretty good movies.
>>
>>377459665
>hate idiotic nerds like you that think characters should behave like perfectly logical automatons 100% o

MEMEMEEMEMEMEM

Opinion fucking discarded, didn't read, jump out a bridge.
>>
>>377459665
>Plausibility isn't fucking important to a story, especially a story featuring penis aliens with acidic blood. As long as the plot adheres to a level of coherency

IT DOESN'T ADHERE TO ANY COHERENCE YOU FUCKING IMBECILE THAT'S THE PROBLEM YOU MONGOLOID
>>
File: 1484341036863.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1484341036863.gif
140KB, 379x440px
>>377460226
>MEMEMEEMEMEMEM
Are you okay?
>>
>>377460226
someone's triggered
>>
>>377460306
Yes it did. And don't call other people mongoloids when you unironically think that pointing out them not wearing helmets is scathing criticism. It's pitiful.
>>
>>377455903
It actually started out great, but a little past the halfway point it started to turn into a Michael Bay Cinema Kino.
>>
>>377456218
stressful af
>>
>>377460472
When your story opens up with deep space explorers that don't wear space suits and (obviously) get infected anything's possible

If a unicorn came galloping from the mountains and talked to David and told him he's the Chosen One I wouldn't be surprised at this point at all

Because from the very first 30 minutes the universe makes no sense

Ridley Scott doesn't think things through. Axe Cop and Dr. McNinja have better world building in its own rules.

It's retarded, you're retarded, and everyone retarded enough to defend it is so retarded they can't understand how retarded they are.

Because they're retarded.
>>
about to replay this on nightmare

what am I in for lads?
>>
>>377459665
>biologist encounters hissing alien snake
>tries to touch it
>>perfectly logical automatons
>>
>>377460935
No amount of hyperbole pulled straight out of your ass is going to give your argument any weight.
>muh worldbuilding
Who fucking cares? Go watch the shitty new Star Wars if you want dumb nerd shit to jerk off over. Scott is trying to explore theological and philosophical themes through alluding to and drawing allegories with classic literature. Sorry that he took away your dumb scifi action schlock and sorry that you tried to google Ozymandias on your phone during the credits, to figure out what Walter and David were talking about, but couldn't figure out how to spell it.
>>
>>377462121
>UGH, I can't believe this character made a stupid decision, it's like he's actually a human or something, I've never made a stupid decision in my life! How dare they insult my """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""intelligence"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" by using a contrivance such as this to move the plot forward, I can't even!
>>
File: 1491848801786.jpg (23KB, 295x378px) Image search: [Google]
1491848801786.jpg
23KB, 295x378px
>>377461985
Prepare to die a fuck ton.
>>
>>377460935
>>377462121
He's just shitposting anons, don't feed him more
>>
>>377462527
>coherently arguing a point
>"shitposting"
Meanwhile, this is from one of the idiotic posts you're replying to:
>"It's retarded, you're retarded, and everyone retarded enough to defend it is so retarded they can't understand how retarded they are."
>>
Alien > Aliens > Alien: Isolation > Alien: Covenant > Alien 3: Assembly Cut > Prometheus > Alien: Resurrection
>>
>>377462776
>Coherently
Your last 2 responses were just insulting the posters. Nice try though senpai
>>
>>377462856
No they weren't, and even were that true, it doesn't change the content of my original post.

And, again:
>"It's retarded, you're retarded, and everyone retarded enough to defend it is so retarded they can't understand how retarded they are."
Stop whining about me insulting people when this is who you're defending.
>>
>>377456052
>>377456141
>There are still people who never watched the Assembly Cut.

Seriously, they need to shelf the theatrical release of that film. Literally 30 minutes of extra film that tie it together so much better. You actually get to hear a few of the other prisoners actually have a CHARACTER, instead of having all of their shit cut out. Fuck, there is an entire character who gets disappears midway through the movie because he dies sacrificing himself to protect Ripley as a way to repent for trying to rape her earlier in the film.

There's also an entire subplot where they manage to successfully trap the Alien, and one of the batshit inmates worships it like a god and lets it loose again.
>>
>>377463076
Yes you did
>Sorry that he took away your dumb scifi action schlock and sorry that you tried to google Ozymandias on your phone during the credits, to figure out what Walter and David were talking about, but couldn't figure out how to spell it.
>Go watch the shitty new Star Wars if you want dumb nerd shit to jerk off over

Those are insults. But unlike yours, the one that you're copypasting actually makes sense, because you're a huge retard yet you're too busy self-fellating yourself to realize it.
>>
The Aliens Labyrinth comic is good. Covenant is fine. Yeesh its not all bad.
>>
>>377455548
aliens > alien
>>
>>377455903
ripley's story ended with 2. she had been through enough and got some closure. but fincher is an edgelord who loves to torture his characters needlessly, so he kills off newt, one of the main reasons ripley did anything she did.
>>
>>377463803
>It's another "needlessly hate on Alien 3 because it's an actual horror film with a sole survivor mentality" thread.

Holy fuck, so Hicks and Newt die. Get the fuck over it already.
>>
File: KotOR_Cover.png (662KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
KotOR_Cover.png
662KB, 768x960px
>tfw a game has been the only decent addition to the franchise since Return of the Jedi
>>
>>377463432
I didn't deny that I insulted them, I deny that the posts were "just insults", as you claim. Which must be true, given that you didn't quote the entirety of either of those posts.
>>
REMINDER

Alien Isolation bombed. It sold a lot of copies, sure, but most of those sales were discounted.

>Creative Assembly is not currently working on an Alien: Isolation sequel, Eurogamer understands.

>The rumour, began with the latest edition of Official PlayStation Magazine.

>Eurogamer's own sources have told us this isn't the case. Although the Halo Wars 2 team has already started prototyping its next project, likely to be a couple of years away from completion, this won't be an Alien title.

>More than that, we're told the majority of the Alien: Isolation design team no longer works at Creative Assembly. Cross-referencing the more recent Halo Wars 2 credits with the credits for Alien: Isolation certainly suggests this is the case. In fact, most of the names that do reappear only do so in the 'Special Thanks' section and belong to designers that now work elsewhere.

>But do we really want to be spending very significant amounts of money, and getting close to break-even or just about in the black? That's not where Sega wants to be, when we have a brilliant portfolio of other games that do great business."
>>
>>377464098
>What is Super Star Wars
>What is Dark Forces 1/2/JK2/JA
>What is Episode 1 Racer
>What is SWG
>What is X-Wing/Tie Fighter/X-Wing Alliance
>>
>>377455897
it's better than prometheus, so it's a solid 5/10
>>
>>377464098
You posted the wrong KotOR m8
>>
>>377464232
The world is full of plebs with shit taste.
>>
It's too fucking long, it goes on so long that you start seeing the invisible string that ties the alien to you. Depending on the scenario the alien is always a certain distance from you. It will constantly patrol and room you're in and the second you leave it'll follow you. As soon as you notice this the alien stops being threatening or scary and just becomes an annoyance. Your thought process goes from "How do I survive this encounter" to "How do I abuse this AI"
>>
Quick question: is the directors cut to the original Alien any good or should I try and find a torrent for the normal version?
>>
File: 1494007642255.jpg (28KB, 462x492px) Image search: [Google]
1494007642255.jpg
28KB, 462x492px
>>377464232
>TFW you bought it twice and it still underperformed
>>
>>377465127
Easy, you edit the alien out of the gamefiles so it instead plays like Thief: In Space edition, and you don't have to deal with the bullshit AI for 20 hours.
>>
File: 1453788218652.jpg (53KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1453788218652.jpg
53KB, 604x604px
>>377455548
how the fuck do I avoid the alien, literally gives me 5 seconds to crouch walk very slowly for 4 feet before walking near me or killing me
>>
>>377455548
avp2 is the only good alien game
>>
RANK EM

Predator>Alien>Aliens>Isolation>Predators>AvP>Prometheus>3>Predator 2>Rez>AvP2

Havent seen Covenant but I imagine itll be between Predators and AvP
>>
>>377465717
It adds some new scenes but the pacing is just a bit too long
>>
Who remembers the predator game for the Nokia blokia
>>
>>377466368
>Predator
Fuck off
Alien>Aliens>=Covenant>Alien 3 assembly cut>Prometheus>Shit>Resurrection> 1 and 2
>>
It both disgusts and impresses me how good the animations and graphics are in AI
It's fucking beautiful and since it's all corridors with doors that close behind you it's smooth as butter
and the alien is big, heavy, but still stupid fast and moves like it means it without seeming like it's magically half the weight it should be
but fuck me, if a game can make a beautiful xeno in real time then how did they fuck up so bad on prometheus and covenant
I just want to say that the last survivor DLC where you play as ellen destroying the nostromo is the most beautiful fucking thing in the world
the blaring sirens and the flashing lights and the fucking fog and steam everywhere is genuinely amazing
pissed myself scared, too, but it was beautiful
>>
How long is this game? I'm almost finished with Dark Souls 3 and thought I was done with games until RDR2 and death stranding come out at least, but this looks decent
>>
>>377468248
What was wrong with the xeno in covenant
>>
>>377468729
bad AI
>>
>>377466368
Alien > Isolation > Predator 2 > Predator > Alien 3 (Assembly Cut) > Aliens > AVP > AVP (2010 game) > Predators > Covenant > Resurrection > Prometheus > AVP2
>>
>>377468953
>avp and avp 2010 higher than avp2
(you)
>>
>>377468729
For me, it was incredibly divergent from the Alien film. The xenomorph was used as an action element, rather than one of horror. It should've just been named "Covenant", like Prometheus was, though that could've been out of Ridley's hands.
>>
>>377466368
>predator before alien
>prometheus and predator 2 before Predators
>including isolation but none of the other games
what is wrong with you
>>
>>377469125
Oh, I meant the second AVP film. Requiem or whatever. I haven't played any of the AVP games other than 2010. I'll get around to them at some point.

Unless you actually meant to suggest Requiem was anything more than scum in movie form, in which case your opinion is shit.
>>
>>377469142
Well the Xenomorphs were used as an action element in Aliens too
Should they have just called the movie "S"
>>
>>377469142
My problems with it was the consistenty of its growth. It went from new born to the size of a foot in no time flat, not to mention the hands in the air shit. The escape and final scene were pretty entertaining though despite the xeno not being so horror focused.
>>
>>377469372
>Unless you actually meant to suggest Requiem
no way, avp2 the game has goat campaigns, especially the alien one where you go through the entire life cycle.
>>
>>377458673
Resurrection was garbage shut the fuck up.
>>
>>377455548
Aliens: Infestation was actually pretty fucking great. Can't recommend it enough.
>>
>>377469714
Only Joss Whedon fags like Resurrection.
>>
>>377456141
>Then the whole movie takes place in a prison colony filled with the scum of mankind, rapists serial killers and such, which means it's hard to root for them, it'd be nicer if the aliens tore them all apart.

so you can't find characters interesting if you don't think they're good people?
>>
>>377463803
Fincher had very little to do with the script. By the time he got on set the movie was practically already filming
>>
>>377456141
>movie centered around a rape monster
>you know what we should do for the new one? put the main character in a prison full of rapists!
>>
>>377459665
>>I hate idiotic nerds like you that think characters should behave like perfectly logical automatons 100% of the time and should never behave irrationally, and that any sort of contrivance is a gaping "plot hole".

THEY'RE FUCKING SCIENTISTS
>>
>>377469557
>Should we notify Rykov?
>Sure, if you want to lose your bonus and get transferred to perimeter duty
>>
>>377455548
Avp extinction >>>>>>>> gearbox meme badass game embezzlement scam
>>
File: Axel.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Axel.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
>>377457690
"There's a killer out there. No, a monster."
"Everyone's keeping to their own safer that way."
"Those guns aren't for show. I've had run-ins with those guys before. They don't like strangers, even nice guys like me."

Did you even play the game?
>>
>>377455969
The comics have always been wacky, even the more conservative ones. But after prometheus and what i've heard of covenant they might as well copy one of the comics. Stronghold would be pretty fun.
>>
>>377455903
It's not bad, there are some things to appreciate, but it was a disappointment in every sense of the word. It didn't continue the Ripley/Hicks/Newt/Bishop story from two, didn't go to Earth (which alot of people wanted but sounded REALLY bad if you read the script), and didn't even use the best versions of the script it had. Go look up the "Wooden Monastery" version, if not to read the script then just to learn a little about it by way of synopsis. It's a travesty that it was canned. The acting may be good, and there's a feeling of brooding danger throughout, but it plays everything smaller, there are way less stakes, and it loses alot of enjoyability for that reason.
>>
>>377470383
So they're completely oblivious to the alien even though it openly runs around all the time?
>>
>>377455832
Aliens is timeless movie that never really loses it's charm no matter how many times you watch it. Has an amazing aesthetic and setting too.

Alien 3 is a bit crazy but is pretty decent in my book. Setting isn't a bad idea but the whole 'double y chromo' thing is pretty retarded.

Resurrection is good for the visual effects but has a really ham-fisted tie in and the whole human-alien hybrid always felt wierd to me.

Alien is still the best overall for its originality, pacing, setting and aesthetic and unpredictability the first time you watch it.

Isolation came closest to the original in terms of atmosphere and purity than anything else. Isolation also has a better story than it had any right to, probably better than most of the movies.

AvP movies are just mindless action trash only good for one watch. Games are pretty good tho.
>>
>>377456329
>>377456475
>>377456965
Prometheus was so close to being good, but it was off by one decimal in the way that leaving off a number in a line of code makes a nuclear reactor go critical. If Scott had disentangled the obsessive need to include it in the Alien story, and remove the token horror elements (which led to terrible scenes like the snakes and that ridiculous zombie) it could have been decent, brooding sci-fi film people might still be talking about with some fondness or curiosity.
>>
>>377456132
The first one was pretty good, but requiem was an insufferable piece of garbage. Holy shit was it bad.
>>
>>377470165
>>377470165
Smart people aren't human.
Really brainlet post. Stop watching the big bang theory real people aren't like that.
>>
>>377456120
>They'e both good at doing different things

Alien is a suspenseful sci-fi film with astoundingly detailed sets and horrific creature designs.

Aliens an action film with repetitive and cheap sets whose' dialogue consists of quips and exposition.

Predator did the premise of Aliens the next year far better without reducing the primary extraterrestrial antagonist into a sea of faceless mooks to gunned down.
>>
>>377455903
resurrection was the worst movie
I was watching it the other day and they fucking say Walmart bought out Weyland Yutani
Broke the immersion, and all the acting is cheesy garbage
>>
Wait a second. Does anyone else think Alien Isolation is called that because it spells out AI which the developers were super proud of?
>>
>>377455548
i loved Prometheus and thought Covenant was a solid 7/10
>>
>>377470687
You don't get to see the alien and live to tell the tale unless you're the main character.

The game made it perfectly clear, the station was shutting down and falling apart (due to lack of maintenance) after being sold to another corporation. Rations and supply's are running low. Working Joe's are trying to contain the Alien and kill any human they come in contact with. Comms are down and there's no way off the ship. On top of that there's a monster out there trying to kill everyone.

In addition, there's only maybe 6 humans on the ship who actively try to kill you when you make contact with them. The rest of them either ignore you or actively try and help you.
>>
>>377456218
its pretty great, but it's too long by a few hours and runs out of steam by the time it's over
>>
>There are people walking this earth who like Alien 3 more than Prometheus and Alien: Covenant
>>
File: Jewel_Staite_0002.jpg (73KB, 820x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Jewel_Staite_0002.jpg
73KB, 820x1024px
>>377469825
That's because Resurrection is literally just Firefly except Whedon starts killing everybody.

>Cocky leader who's actually really shady but has a winning personality and the respect of his crew
>Big guy merc who isn't particularly clever but likes to shoot things
>Seemingly nice black guy who is surprisingly combat trained
>Had to replace the slut with a cripple because they didn't have time for fucking with everybody getting head from the alien
>Pretty capable, rather hardass female
>Very cutesy engineery female Kaylee best girl btw
>Ripley fills in for River as 'creepy experimental girl'
>Simon isn't needed because no time for first aid in an ayylmao movie
>Wash gets replaced for DeStefano who did sweet FA the entire film except get Newborn'd at the end anyway
>>
>>377471981
Ressurection is shit, who cares?
>>
>>377471641
i thought it was falling apart, then W-Y bought it at the last second and was fixing it up before shit got out of control
>>
>>377472095
At least Sigourney managed to actually make that backwards basketball shot. That was neat.
>>
>>377470791
My problem with Aliens is that whilst it was a great movie, it was a poor sequel to Alien. The genre, themes and characters are completely different to the point where it probably would've been better as a completely new franchise.

Aliens also removed some of the shadows around the xenomorphs. It showed how the eggs are produced and how their "society" works. It also showed xenos dying relatively easily. This was all great for an action movie, but this meant that the xenomorph could never truly return as a horror villain as it was in the first film.
>>
>>377469307
>prometheus and predator 2 before Predators

What?

And Iso is only included because its the only good one.
>>
>>377472250
Nah, they buy it midway through the game when they find out there's an alien on board.
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.