[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did you play this game on the year of its release? >in 2005

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

did you play this game on the year of its release?

>in 2005
was the frame rate an issue for you back then?

i recently purchased this for the ps3 and the system cant maintain 30fps, the ps2 must of been hell to play this, its amazing sotc even passed quality control

i can emulate this at 60fps on my pc however its not an ideal way to play it so thats why i paid for it anyway

>what system did you play this on?
>you're thoughts
>do you want moar on current technology?
>>
If I recall, there were lots of complaints about frame rate when it came out.
>>
it feels so perfect on pcsx2 but textures glitchy on my pc
>>377451759
>>
back when crysis came out i thought it was bad playing it at 20 fps but this game has a naughty framerate for ps2
>>
>>377451646
>was the frame rate an issue for you back then?
Personally, not much.
At first it's a bit annoying, but once you play it for a few hours you can easily ignore it, and it really doesn't affect gameplay much, even when accurate timing is required(timing some dodges and reactions to perform actions) there's still a wide enough window to make absolute precision not necessary.

Generally and with a quality oriented criticism, yes it was, even on magazines and sites which gave it a very high score, they constantly remarked the fps issues.
>>
>>377451646
>PS3 can't 30FPS on SotC
>PS2 must have been worse
Not really, just cause the PS3 was obviously better and more powerful than the PS2 it doesn't mean it performed better on PS2 ports, and IIRC the difference is really minimal(something along the lines of the PS2 standing on 20-25 with dips in the 14-15, the PS3 standing on 23-27 with dips in the 16-17)
>>
>>377452712
just the reply i was looking for

also playing the game for the first time without much in the way of indicators i became easily lost looking for the bosses

can see thousands of casuals dropping this quickly which is shame for them
>>
>>377453006
Why do people on /v/ lie so often?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_GLmE7ZBPE
>>
File: xnGbDts.gif (706KB, 400x450px) Image search: [Google]
xnGbDts.gif
706KB, 400x450px
>>377451646
Watched a mate play it on PS2 back in 2013
Swore I wouldn't play it until I got it on PS3
>dat fur rendering
>dat hardware chug
>>
I have thoughts, I am not thoughts.
>>
File: 91462534221.jpg (64KB, 1104x1104px) Image search: [Google]
91462534221.jpg
64KB, 1104x1104px
>>377451646
i played it the day it came out and was just impressed by the scope and atmosphere of the game. i was young enough to just enjoy the game; although i didnt think the graphics were particularly sharp i loved the enemy design

ps3 version was a lot cleaner looking but still not "gorgeous"
>>
I knew this game was gonna blow my mind as soon as I heard of it. The day it came out I ran home from school, got my crinkled 20 pound notes I had saved for this occasion, got the bus to town centre and waited excitedly in line at the Game store, only to be heartbroken when the cashier told me he'd never heard of it, and when he looked it up it turned out the UK release date wasn't for MONTHS.

When i eventually did get the game the frame rate didn't bother me one bit. I was busy getting tingles down my spine at the opening music to even notice.

I would kill or die to be able to play that game for the first time again. Kill or die. 10/10 GOAT
>>
I first played the game in like 2013 or 2014, and it was fucking suffering. The PAL controls made me want to rip my fucking eyes out. A nigga takes a step miles away and Wander just goes stumbling off the end of the world. Didn't even bother finishing it on the PS3.

In 2016, though, I bought a PS2 copy and fucking loved it. The NTSC-U controls are just so, SO much better than the PAL controls that the HD rerelease uses. And the framerate never really bothered me because I feel they covered it well enough with the effects.

I really should try it on PCSX2 at 60 FPS and see how that feels.
>>
>>
>>377457420
dude
>>
File: tumblr_oe71gur4KG1ryac01o4_1280.png (612KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oe71gur4KG1ryac01o4_1280.png
612KB, 1280x720px
>>377451646
I played a copy that was bought in 2005 for PS2, I never really remember having frame rate issues and my PS2 was probably around release model too (Fat). Bought it for PS3 too, didn't like ico but that's irrelevant. I don't remember it being a huge improvement in any significant way, but the game was still a lot of fun to experience again.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.