[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Guardian battle >Stasis + 1 ancient arrow fired from your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 16

File: 7scrmax2.jpg (84KB, 936x527px) Image search: [Google]
7scrmax2.jpg
84KB, 936x527px
>Guardian battle
>Stasis + 1 ancient arrow fired from your shittiest bow = 1 hit KO

Yeah...what happened to that exciting horseback sequence from the 2014 trailer?
>>
>>377445571
Literally, the only thing they had to do to make them exciting to fight, is to give them melee attacks or make them jump backwards when you cut one or two of its legs.
>>
How many ancient arrows are you packing?
>>
>>377445571
Shouldve been a qte
>>
>>377446173
Not OP but I typically only carry about two at a time.
>>
>>377445571
>Yeah...what happened to that exciting horseback sequence from the 2014 trailer

What, do you want a scripted chase? You can still choose to get away on horseback if you one sees you.

You don't even have to use an AA to kill them. You could parry three times too.
>>
File: IMG_1675.jpg (149KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1675.jpg
149KB, 1280x720px
Shitting on BoTW isn't in style anymore, OP. ARMS is the new shitposting target.
>>
>>377446065
>is to give them melee attack
This. Having them knock the fuck out of you would make taking them down chain sword only way more satisfying.
>>
>>377445571
Um, have you tried outrunning one and then vaulting off the horse when it catches up to you in order to deliver an ancient arrow?
>>
File: MAGA.jpg (149KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
MAGA.jpg
149KB, 800x820px
>>377446228
>>
>>377445571
You mean the sequence that you can literally recreate in-game? I wish I saved that webm.
>>
>>377446385
I mean you net a lot more ancient shafts on average than you use from taking down a single Guardian so your arrow stockpile should always be increasing.
>>
>>377445571
>Stasis + 1 ancient arrow
Not only are you scrub enough to use an AA you also need to use stasis with it.
Grow some fucking balls. You can kill them with a fucking pot lid if you're enough of a man or a regular weapon as well.
Whack at their legs so they can't run, hit them in the eye to stun them briefly, go on horseback to turn them over with raw power.
All these ways to kill them and you choose to stop them and shoot an arrow at them... Just please don't tell me you also slowed down time to make 100% sure your hit would not miss.
>>
>>377446432
>>377446540
>>377446632

That's missing the point. You could do all those things, but that's not the practical way to kill them. So I have to manufacture my own 'excitement' by doing some shitty roleplaying in game?

That's fucking lame. Challenge should be something that the game DEMANDS from the player.
>>
>>377446691
I just sell them or use them for other things rather than arrows. You don't ever run into a ton of guardian enemies at once, or at least a few that can't be stealthily avoided.
Although I haven't gone to Hyrule Castle yet, so I may be wrong in how many you need there.
>>
>>377446926
This. I only used ancient arrows when I was busy with something and couldn't be arsed to fight them. Although I did use them against the turrets sometimes when I started running out of weapons in hyrule castle. Still didn't need Stasis though.
>>
>>377447025
You need a shitload there unless you want to parry everything.

Ancient shield is hot shit there too btw. Most people don't realize it parries guardian beams merely by blocking them. You can just stand around and let guardians murder themselves to death.
>>
>>377446928
The most practical way isn't using AA either. Just use tha master sword and you get maximum materials and lose absolutely nothing. Also, coupled with the barbarian armor you can get them down in just a few hits.

It's not the quickest way but it's the way that costs you absolutely nothing and that you can do pretty much everywhere.
>>
>>377445571
That's basically what happens when one spots you and you decide you don't wanna fuck with it and it chases you like the annoying assholes they are and it catches up to you so you decide fuck it and waste the ancient arrow on it
>>
>>377447206
No you don't need any, you can also sneak into hyrule castle.
>>
>>377445571
It didn't go anywhere, you just chose not to acknowledge it by easymoding the guardian. That's the great thing about Zelda, you choose what and how you do things.
>>
>>377447342
>No you don't need any
You do unless you're going to run past everything like a speedrunner or want to climb up to every fucking turret that starts to bully you.

There's so many fucking turrets there. It's crazy.
>>
>>377447214
>going gaurdian hunting
>kill 5 gaurdians
>master sword breaks
>jack off for 10 minutes
>can finally start playing again

shit game desu
>>
>>377447450
I used literally 0 in hyrule castle. Sneak in through the library. You can also melee attack turrets.
>>
>>377447503
So you're just too much of a pussy to use weapons that will break. That's on you for being a pussy. Be a man and fight them with regular weapons.
>>
>>377447536
>You can also melee attack turret
Which I directly acknowledged. You need to acknowledge it's tedious garbage to climb up to every turret and slap it to death. There's too many of them.

>I used literally zero
Good for you.
>>
>>377446928
BotW is not a game about challenge.
If you are autistically obsessed with only performing the most efficient and practical methods, then don't complain when the gameplay becomes stale and repetitive after you've decided on what is the best way to kill them efficiently.
>>
File: 1493163630157.gif (3MB, 485x300px) Image search: [Google]
1493163630157.gif
3MB, 485x300px
I love these shitposting threads. They're always good entertainment.
>>
>>377446926
>go on horseback to turn them over with raw power
Most people don't know you can run over guardians with a horse. It literally flips them over.

>>377447162
I used them on the flying ones when I was chasing koroks. It was mostly a time saving thing but it's handy.

>>377447206
>>377447450
I entered Hyrule castle with a regular shield. You don't need anything fancy since you can sneak through every guardian's blind spot or use stasis to stop them and quickly get to a safe position.

Basic guardian technique. Hit them until they barely shoot, stun/stasis, hit till dead. No guardian should survive more than this with royal/ancient weapons or the master sword.

Also, the ancient shields provide info on what types of guardian beams they reflect. People are just too dumb to read them.
>>
>>377447621
If you're taking out literally every turret for some reason then the arrows could be helpful. But you don't need any for hyrule castle. Your initial statement was wrong. There are like two turrets you need to fight if you do it right, and you can kill both with just the master sword in like half a minute. Get good.
>>
One of my beefs with the combat in this game is that most of the challenge in the fights comes from the fact that the stronger monsters are HP sponges...which is the cheapest way to make fighting more challenging.

Because of that, I find myself never wanting to use my melee weapons, because bows have much better durability and stopping power. Which is sad because melee in Zelda games since Ocarina of Time has been very satisfying..this game not so much.
>>
>>377447719
>You don't need anything fancy since you can sneak through every guardian's blind spot or use stasis to stop them and quickly get to a safe position.
Which is the "running through like a speedrunner/coward" strategy I already outlined.
>People are just too dumb to read them.
The description does NOT tell you that it will auto-parry guardian beams for you. You're a moron.
>>
>>377447503
Glowing master swords should kill at least 10 of them with a buff from either food or the barbarian armor.

Does anyone if the master sword receive a bonus from ancient proficiency while lit?
>>
>>377447719
Oh yea using them on flying guardians is super helpful too, good point.
>>
>>377445571
Are you autistic? You can recreate that scene if you want.
>>
>>377447739

>If you're taking out literally every turret for some reason
The only practical way to explore the castle is to scrub the turrets out. Otherwise it's a total hassle to hunt Koroks and treasure chests.
>>
>>377446065
This I was also hoping you would see the smaller guardain out in the wild beside justthe shines.
>>
>>377445571

You guys forget that most people suck at video games. I'm not saying that's an excuse, but on their big name games Nintendo is gonna try to appeal to regular people. I think Botw is too easy but to my roommates who typically play sports games and Pokémon, the game is brutally difficult.
>>
>>377447620
>go gaurdian hunting
>kill 1 gaurdian
>takes three weapons
>drops none
>kill 3 gaurdians and now have no weapons

>>377447834
sorry i didn't want to wait untill endgame with full ancient armor that requires hunting gaurdians to hunt gaurdians or have the full upgraded set of the barbarian armor from boring maze shrines and farming lynels.
>>
>>377447826
Call me a cowards as much as you like but I cleaned the castle without using ancient arrows and I don't mind using a shield to parry or a well placed arrow to stun from afar. Because that's how you kill them without being a pussy.

>The description does NOT tell you
But it does. Remember, reflect and deflect are completely different things. The shield also mention guardian scouts and guardians in the description.

>>377447842
Flying ones are a bitch because regular arrows barely itch them. Do bomb arrows actually blast the proppelers? I never tried. I often used metal boxes.
>>
>Spending money on arrows when you can just deflect his lasers

All guardians should be tougher than the mini ones found in Shrines, though.
>>
>>377447912
Or you could go inside the castle it's still incredibly easy to find korok seeds.

Also you said you need them for hyrule castle. He doesn't need them, unless he's trying to take out all the guardians. For getting to ganon it's completely unnecessary. In addition you don't even need that many if your intention is to take out every enemy.
>>
>>377448087
Unfortunately true. Yet people shit on nintendo for making "easy" games.
I remember having people joke about DKTF and when they played it they were sweating and swearing because it was too hard. Literally complaining about artificial difficulty. Fucking casuals. Even Mario fucks them up.
>>
>>377448134
the first high difficulty challenge shrine was probably the only real fun i had during combat in the game.
>>
>>377448071
>>377446065

I really hope Hard Mode up the ante on Flying Guardians and roaming Guardians in general. Smaller scouts might look out of place in a lot of settings though. Maybe they'd be alright roaming the Lomei Labyrinths? Possibly some that protect/patrol near remote Shrines?
>>
>>377448110
Yea. Don't be a bitch and explore for weapons when you need them. You can also create weapons from parts from defeated guardians, did you not get that far yet? I recommend exploring more.

>>377448120
I haven't tried bomb arrows that much on them either, good question. I usually either avoided them or used metal boxes like you. Or the occasional ancient arrow.
>>
>>377448087

There's so many ways to cheese through anything. For example a max level armor buff from food or elixir can make you go from being one-shotted to taking like a quarter of a heart of damage. It's fucking insane.

Maybe the 'hard mode' in the DLC will fix? IDK...
>>
>>377448150
>Or you could go inside the castle
Most Koroks are outside.

>Also you said you need them for hyrule castle.
You do. Otherwise you have to skip 95% of the battles or engage in an absurd amount of effort/time per encounter.
> For getting to ganon it's completely unnecessary
Yeah. I already acknowledged the option to run through everything like a coward.
> In addition you don't even need that many if your intention is to take out every enemy
About 10-15 is plenty. Shouldn't be hard to pay for that many if you're going after Ganon. I could easily pay for that many without even clearing any divine beasts.
>>
>>377448134
They are just better at running away and have more health to support them. Having them run back is actually well thought in terms of AI albeit quite simple. Proves to be enough of a challenge to most people who aren't used to it though.
A melee attack, like >>377446065 mentioned, would be quite welcome.
>>
>>377448110

You don't have to wait until endgame to get the ancient armor. I got it before tackling my third divine beast. Shit you don't even need ancient armor to survive guardians, just parry. If you have good enough equipment, and enough hearts, you should be able to handle them.
>>
>>377446525

I'm pretty sure a Guardian headbutted me once. I was standing right in its face and smacking it in the eye, then it jerked forward and threw me to the curb.

>tfw you sneak up on one and beat the everloving shit out of it, to the point where it freaks out and starts shooting into the horizon for every hit it receives

I actually feel bad for them sometimes.
>>
>>377448120
>Remember, reflect and deflect are completely different things.
Those aren't clearly defined and differentiated by the games internal information. It did a REALLY bad job communicating it's effect through the description. The fact is, the limited space they have to describe is the real issue. Robbie should have given you a speech about how great they are or something if you asked about his stuff. That would've been an alright way to communicate it.
>>
>>377446065
I'd give probably give them some sort of berserk mode once they get below 50hp and they could attack and run faster, and they could just rush through forests to get you and maybe even climb after you if you're somewhere high that they can't reach. Maybe even make instantly shoot you down if you're trying to abuse the jump slow motion.
>>
>>377448110
What are you using that it takes three weapons to kill a guardian?
>>
>>377448665

He's probably not using guardian weapons.
>>
>>377447663
>BotW is too hard for casuals! It's good because it's hard!
>I MEAN BOTW IS NOT ABOUT CHALLENGE! IT'S COMFY! ONLY AUTISTS CARE ABOUT CHALLENGE!
>>
>>377448460
The original comment said "a shitload", I hope you don't consider 15 a "shitload". Even then you need like 5.

And stealth is one of the primary components of the game you moron. And as I said, you can still find most of the korok seeds even by going inside. Most of them are easy to see outside of Windows.

Skipping 95% of the battles makes sense if you're going straight for ganon, to conserve your items. Or at least it made sense before I had ever fought ganon and didn't know he was pathetically easy.

So yea you can go through like a brute force dumbass and fight everything, but there is little real benefit from doing that unless you enjoy doing it for some reason. Otherwise just stealth through. Your classification of it as being a "coward" is strange and sad.
>>
>>377448359
>want to fight gaurdians
>have to leave hyrule field and spend 30 minutes to farm bobokin number 100000 to stockpile 16 dmg weapons that break in 4 hits

shit game desu
>>
First you're complaining about them being too easy, now you're complaining about them being too hard.
>>
>>377448110
It was simply an example of master sword durability while lit. The mazes are actually simple and can be skipped but I do encourage people to do at least Lomei the way it is supposed to be done. It's the best one.
Armor isn't a must, food is pretty much the same. I see your point, I was just pointing out the non-wastable method.

>>377448638
http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_Shield
Fuck you.
>>
>>377448553

I can confirm also that guardians sometimes jump backwards after you take off a couple of their legs.
>>
>>377447807
>most of the challenge in the fights comes from the fact that the stronger monsters are HP sponges

Categorically untrue. You haven't uncovered how to beat these enemies are efficiently.
>>
>>377448804
Then get good and stop using bokoblins weapons you idiot. Most weapons will last longer. One lynel weapon can probably kill 3 guardians at least.
>>
>>377448650
They should be able to warp in a few Scouts with Sheikah Slate style teleportation. That or even generate shield which acts as a second hp bar and defense buff

>>377448778
>The original comment said "a shitload", I hope you don't consider 15 a "shitload"

15 is a shitload when the game almost never gives you them more than one at a time as loot or rewards and charges 90 rupees + materials for each arrow.
>>
>>377448891
>even then you need like 5
Also get good. 15 is not a shitload.
>>
>>377448836

You can climb the fucking walls of the 'mazes' and go straight to the shrine.

It's a joke.
>>
>>377448804
Or just pick weapons from chests or steal them from a Hinox.
The first thing I did after leaving the plateau was land on the blue Hinox in Digdogg Suspension bridge. I killed the bitch with bombs because I was carrying sticks but I got very good weapons anyway. You could have stolen them and not killed it if I knew, but I only learned that later.
>>
>>377448885

Shit even claymores can last you a while. Add in some armor like that helmet that ups your attack power as well as food and you can kill them more quickly.

The problem is people aren't thinking of the options they have right before them. They're just mindlessly attacking enemies.
>>
>>377449027
Hence why I said they can be skipped and said that I encourage you to do one in the regular way. Don't you guys read?
>>
>>377448989
Yeah. It is. I just explained why it is.

>get good
Skill has literally nothing to do with any part of this discussion you fucking idiot.

>>377448836
>Enhanced functionality allows it to deflect Guardian beams

All this says is that it can deflect Guardian beams. If you compare it to a Guardian Shield, all you can glean from the description is that Ancient Shield stops full blown Guardian shots and Guardian Shield only stops Scouts.
>>
>>377449097
Weapon descriptions often tell about durability. People only look at numbers though and then wonder why shit gets broken so quick.

I bet some people are wondering why the royal guard gear wears out so quickly at this very moment.
>>
>>377449097
That's very true. Royal claymore are supposed to be "fragile" too but even they will last you a while, even against guardians, if you do things right. You can also use regular arrows or bomb arrows against guardians, those do damage too. For all the people complaining how easy the game is, there sure are a lot of people who suck at it.
>>
>>377449207
>wah waste of rupees and materials
Getting rupees and materials is trivial if you don't suck. So I reiterate, get good scrub.
>>
>>377449027

>straight to the shrine

you've been watching let's plays and reading guides right? The entrances are "hidden" you need to do a little investigation to get to the entrance.
>>
>>377449207
And that's exactly what they do. Guardian shields do not auto parry guardian beams, only guardian scout beams. Ancient shields talk about guardians, so they auto parry guardian beams.

It's not rocket science.
>>
>>377448087
this desu
my bro is a bitch boy who thinks hes good at video games but he died on waterblight ganon so many times
>>
>>377449334
It's not a waste.

It's just a -fact- that it's a "shitload" when you consider how resource intensive each one is.
>>
File: 1488205689554.png (314KB, 711x664px) Image search: [Google]
1488205689554.png
314KB, 711x664px
>>377449414
>90 rupees and a few ancient shafts
>resource intensive
Oh I'm laffin
>>
>>377449386
>Guardian shields do not auto parry guardian beams, only guardian scout beams.
In my experience they never even auto-parried those.

Seriously. I tried them out against Scouts in combat trials and never found them to have any special effect.

>>377449483
Relative to literally any other kind of arrow it is.
>>
>love fighting Lynels
>the higher ranks have so much health, you'll blow through multiple weapons or 1-2 really good ones unless you cheese by eating for attack or spamming runes
Man.
>>
>>377449097
>The problem is people aren't thinking of the options they have right before them. They're just mindlessly attacking enemies.

>just buff yourself
>just use lynel weapons
>just get upgraded armor
>just get ancient sheild to auto deflect
>lol just use ancient arrows in slow motion

i just wanted to fight bad guys friends. not embark on a journey to amass a fucking stockpile of food, an armory worth of weapons, and turn myself into an unsinkable battlehsip that one shots enemies.
>>
>>377448087
My cousins can't beat Mario properly and have trouble with 150cc bots in Mario Kart.
People are shit in games.
>>
>>377449368
He's got a point, as climbing makes most of the dungeon a joke. They are hidden, yes, but it's not hard to make out the entrance from above, specially in the gerudo one.

It would be a perfect place for rain at all times or smooth walls until you got to the labyrinth but they expected people to try and climb the walls so I guess it's a valid way to explore.
I liked them, I wouldn't mind if there was a dungeon like that. I loved Lomei's.
>>
>>377449260

Yeah there are some royal claymores with a lot of durability. They tend to last me a while. One thing I like to do is burn grass and use the up draft to glide and then spam bomb arrows. You can deal a decent amount of damage.Combine that with parry, and occasionally attacking with a royal claymore, and you can take one down quickly. Boulder crusher is another good one. You can use that for like, an hour or so.

People's complaints about this game are strange. On one hand they're bitching about it being too easy, and on the other, they're bitching about it being too hard. I just don't understand what they want.
>>
File: WWLink3.jpg (21KB, 281x301px) Image search: [Google]
WWLink3.jpg
21KB, 281x301px
>>377449523
99 is a shitload. Hell, I'll even give you 50 being a shitload. Yea sure it's rarer than other arrows, but being more rare than a rock doesn't make something rare. You can keep moving goalposts but you're not going to be right. Besides, all of my other points remain from the posts before.
>>
>>377449552

There's a fucking Lynel mask? BRB I'm gonna get one.
>>
>>377449596
The walls are excruciatingly high. If you don't have Ravioli's Fart or stamina gear, it can be tough.

also, Lomei Labyrinth Island -does- seem to have more rain than most places.
>>
>>377449560
>not embark on a journey to amass a fucking stockpile of food, an armory worth of weapons, and turn myself into an unsinkable battlehsip that one shots enemies.
All of that comes naturally by exploring and dealing with enemies.
>>
File: 52733.jpg (19KB, 350x231px) Image search: [Google]
52733.jpg
19KB, 350x231px
>>377449686
>Besides, all of my other points remain
No they don't. You haven't raised any points that actually dismantle anythign I've said. I already acknowledged the exceptions/flaws that exist within my stance.
>>
>>377449552
?

>>377449560
You can do it without any of the boring shit you are mentioning. What the othe anon meant is that you must use what you have effectively. I already said that I killed a Hinox using only bombs. He's telling you to be resourceful about it as well.

>>377449706
Stamina food. It's pretty easy to find and make. Cook one carrot and you're good to go. Lomei is the only one with rain, yes. It's still doable but I don't recommend it. It's fun as fuck.
>>
>>377449552

Use Lynel weapons against Lynels. Also are you using Revali's gale or the updrafts from fire attacks to launch into the air and then mount the Lynel to get a few attacks off?
>>
>>377449786
>being this bad at reading
See
>>377448778
>>
>>377449560

>just buff yourself
>just use lynel weapons
>just get upgraded armor
>just get ancient sheild to auto deflect
>lol just use ancient arrows in slow motion

I don't understand why you don't like this. You've got so many methods in which you can tackle enemies. Right there you just made this game sound pretty rad.

>i just wanted to fight bad guys friends. not embark on a journey to amass a fucking stockpile of food, an armory worth of weapons, and turn myself into an unsinkable battlehsip that one shots enemies.

Well that's Breath of the Wild. What you're saying is you don't want to play BOTW. Which is fine, but this doesn't mean it's a bad game.
>>
>>377445571
>>Stasis
What the fuck do you need Statis for? You have a lenient timeframe to aim at its eye.
Figures a casual faggot would complain about this when he probably can't take a Guardian out without his little 'trick'
>>
File: 1396130.jpg (171KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1396130.jpg
171KB, 1280x720px
I wish there was a way to disable flurry rush.
>just don't use it
I'm stuck waiting for the slo-mo to fuck off if I don't mash the button.
>>
>>377445571
That's why Eventide Island was my favorite sidequest. Do it pretty early when you don't have a super huge amount of hearts and it's actually a good challenge and fun.
>>
>>377449697

Yeah, you get it from Kitton. Go to skull island, it's near Akkala. Go there at night, meet Kitton. After that, find him in various locations night.
>>
>>377449596

I think Labyrinths were made to showcase how pointless "normal" dungeons would be, with so many options they'd have to resort to bullshit artificial obstacles that would have enraged everyone, "WHY IS IT ALWAYS RAINING", "WHY CAN'T I CLIMB". Just look at this thread, "WHY AM I NOT FORCED TO FIGHT GUARDIANS LIKE IN THE TRAILER".
>>
>>377449963
>I don't understand why you don't like this.
because i like good combat that is challenging without having to take a break every 5 minutes to go "exploring" to find weapons.
>>
>>377450092

Parry nigga.
>>
>>377449994

If a player can exploit a trick to blow through the game, it's a flaw in the game design, not a lack of skill on the player's part.
>>
>>377449937
I already acknowledged everything he mentions in that post. He's being an illiterate autistic moron.

There's either the coward's run or the non-exploration run. If you actually want to explore the whole castle and grab most of the koroks etc, you're better off bringing a shitload of ancient arrows. It's the only place in the game where you're better off with more than the usual 2-3 you probably had most of the time in the rest of the game.
>>
>>377450201
But flipping away from a horizontal slash that totally connected looks cooler.
>>
>Guardian battle
>parry it's painfully telegraphed laser
>dead in 1-2 parries
Wow, so difficult. Darknuts from Twilight Princess were harder than this.
>>
>>377450179
Everyone is giving you options for how you don't have to go exploring every 5 minutes for weapons. My entire play through, the only times I had to explore for weapons was toward the beginning of the game. If you're too obstinate to listen and keep using retarded boko weapons against guardians then you deserve to walk around for weapons every 5 minutes like a retard.
>>
>>377449552
>>377450092
>this mask will fool Lynels but not for long ;)
>they never question it and straight up attack
fuck you kilton
>>
>>377450179

After a while you shouldn't have to be 'exploring' for weapons. If you were smart you'd be marking your map for all the locations of Hinoxes or anywhere where good weapons spawn.
>>
>>377450248
I both explored the outside with 5 ancient arrows (only used them on 2 flying guardians), and explored the inside -- finding many if not all of the korok seeds there. So your argument is wrong. The initial comment said he needs a shitload. It he isn't ass at the game he needs 5. At most.
>>
>>377449523
I was searching for a video of the shields parrying the scout beams but all I'm getting is regular guardians being parried through conventional methods.

>>377450141
That's true to some extent, specially the part where people would bitch about it.
Heck, they bitch about the mountain where it's always thunderstorming due to the shrine so I imagine they would do the same for the labyrinths.

>>377450092
Doesn't pulling out your bow cancel the slow mo animation? I know doing actions that do not work for flurry rush will cancel it faster but I actually never tried to pull out the bow. Just wondering.

>>377450213
Stasis is there to be used, I for one use it when a lynel is doing the roar and I have no time to run away from the blast, if I score a few hits there it will stun it and stop the attack. But come on, stasis AND and ancient arrow to a guardian when you can literally jump from the horse and slow mo to hit the eye? You have to be too bad to need to actually use stasis for that.

>>377450398
It works for about 30 seconds or so. Pretty good for a photo.
>>
File: eddy.png (238KB, 473x353px) Image search: [Google]
eddy.png
238KB, 473x353px
>>377450302
>mfw Ganons have Guardian lasers
>mfw Ganon period
>>
>>377450302
Darknuts are piss easy compared to Lynels though. And they hit like fucking pussies wearing mittens.
If there is one thing BotW did right was enemy damage. At least now we have a reason for all those hearts.
>>
>>377450179

It's like that earlier in the game, but eventually you'll get weapons with enough durability to last you for a while, not to mention having a huge inventory. I have a huge inventory combined with may claymores, so I basically never run out. By the time one breaks, I've found another just like it.

Listen dude, I understand the game isn't for you, it isn't for everyone. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's bad.
>>
>>377450749
riiiight because going into your inventory to eat full-course meals every 5 seconds during combat is a great design
>>
>>377451245

If you have Mipha's grace, you get full healed automatically. It also charges up relatively quickly.
>>
>>377451245
Well, that says more about your skill, or the lack of it than about the game design.
>>
>>377451245
Better than drinking a red potion on an enemy that takes about 4 hearts per hit and whose attacks can be completely blocked without shield loss, can be parried or fucked through special techniques you acquire throughout the game.

If stasis had been in TP, Darknuts would have been a joke. Stasis doesn't completely break a Lynel though. And now that you are complaining about food, if what bothers you is a mechanic about the GAME, why are you complaining about a fight and a specific enemy?
>>
>>377451245
>Lynels are harder than Darknuts
>b-but you can eat food
So what? You have unbreakable weapons, better defense and the same amount of healing capabilities in TP.
>>
>>377446450

nah people stopped shitposting it after the french luchadora got revealed
>>
>Fully upgraded ancient armor set, ancient bow, ancient arrow
>1 shot silver Lynel into the shadow realm

o_o
>>
File: premium bait.png (577KB, 1372x767px) Image search: [Google]
premium bait.png
577KB, 1372x767px
>>377451245
Here's your reply.
>>
>>377451245
But anon, that's the punishment for being shit at the game.
>>
>>377445571
I mean they're hard as fuck at first if you're like me and you're too dumb to assume you can just deflect the lasers with your shield. My first fight with the one on the plateau was heated.

Anyway yeah the game is easy as fuck, but of course it is.
>>
>>377451776
Just the ancient arrow is enough to do that. It's an insta kill against any enemy but they won't drop anything aside from guardians.
>>
>all the overworld boss themes are shit
>than this hits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MaT7kpagB0
I hope the DLC gives us another Desert region, Gerudo was too short despite being the highlight of the game.
Also disappointed the Molduga spawned in set areas. It could have been an actual threat if they wandered the entire desert
>>
>>377451245
>complains that the game is easy
>can't defeat a single enemy without pausing every 5 seconds to heal up
Retards like you always crack me up.
>>
>>377451837

I just kept spamming arrows while swinging my sword at it. Took me a while but I eventually killed it.
>>
File: 1397368910666.png (503KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1397368910666.png
503KB, 720x480px
>>377451917
>molduga wandering entire desert
>>
>>377451917
>music starts
> !
>no rocks nearby
I fucked up before I realized I could just stay put and throw a bomb far away to divert their attention from me.
>>
File: 1472348087964.jpg (318KB, 1258x640px) Image search: [Google]
1472348087964.jpg
318KB, 1258x640px
>>377452051
>moldugas wandering the entire desert
>>
Not like ancient arrows are plentiful OP and it's hard to shoot from a great range accurately, making it tough to scale Hyrule Castle

Your complaint should be that it's easy as fuck to fight them 1v1 once you get the master sword.
>>
>>377452412
but the Master Sword is small time compared to the Guardian Sword ++
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>377451917
>drop bomb
>get launched into orbit
>take out glider
>detonate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9FzgsF2T-s&t=1m23s
>>
>>377450398

I like to think that the Lynels just play along with the disguise until they lose their patience.
>>
The Great Plateau is basically the entire game, the greater world outside of it is basically just an extension of the gameplay you experience on the Great Plateau.

My greatest sense of discovery came from those beginning steps on the great plateau.

Several dozen hours after leaving it I realized how repetitive and predictable the rest of the game was.
>>
File: 1434825290007.jpg (19KB, 366x399px) Image search: [Google]
1434825290007.jpg
19KB, 366x399px
>>377452210
>moldicks wondering about the dessert
>>
>>377451917

>decide to try exploring the desert
>suddenly sandstorm
>can't see shit, map turns into static, temperature skyrockets and everything turns a sickly green
>takes forever until I dare to go to the edge of the map

I have never been afraid of sandstorms in a game before. When I finally manned up and raced through the sandstorms on a seal, I was actually disappointed to just get a "you can't go further" prompt.
>>
>>377453252
the sandstorms were clever but how short the Gerudo region is kind of takes away from them. I liked how there were two shrines (or 3, if you count the dragon bones one) that revolved around navigating in the sandstorm
>>
>>377445571
I mean you CAN do that, or you can have fun
>>
Can you get the god of horses to bring back Harry and Mary for that old guy?
>>
>>377450626
>I was searching for a video of the shields parrying the scout beams but all I'm getting is regular guardians being parried through conventional methods.
Really makes you think
>>
>>377453382
It's actually better to do most of the content in the Gerudo region before Vah Naboris. It's much more exciting that way.

>>377455232
I haven't found one of the Ancient shield being used either, but I got plenty of videos of non guardian/ancient shield being used.
Didn't make me think much.
>>
>>377451546

>charges up relatively quickly

Not sure I would consider 20 minutes 'quickly' at all. At lest not midcombat-wise.
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.