[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the best way to play Deus Ex nowadays? What are some good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Sponge Bob.jpg (65KB, 667x560px) Image search: [Google]
Sponge Bob.jpg
65KB, 667x560px
What the best way to play Deus Ex nowadays?

What are some good mods to improve the experience?
>>
>>377444653
>mods

No. If you csn't enjoy it as it was intended you don't enjoy it.
>>
GMDX

>>377446114
The game intended to have brain dead AI, complete lack of aug balance and skills, and some shitty items that you barely use ever because of how cumbersome they are?
>>
>>377446661
So you are saying the game is in fact a shit game? This thread sure is off to a great start.
>>
Don't listen to any faggot telling you to use an overhaul mod like GMDX or Revision for your first playthrough. GMDX is cool, but it's like listening to a remix of a classic album before listening to the original.

Grab Kentie's Deus Exe, which is just a replacement launcher that lets the game run using modern graphics libraries so you don't get compatibility issues. If you really can't stand the graphics try New Vision, which is just an HD texture pack that does a pretty good job of staying true to the original art.
>>
>>377447031
Replacement .exe, not launcher. My bad.
>>
File: Deus Ex mj12 troops.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Deus Ex mj12 troops.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>377446661
GMDX has some retarded changes though, like how you have a dumb limit to how much food you can eat, I mean come on it heals you for 2 fucking hit points on a game with 6 body locations with around 100 to 75 health each depending on the body part. It feels like they're trying hard to force this dumb perk garbage, fuck off retards.

Also they changed MJ Troopers to be immune to gas and this creates situations that don't allow me to take them down non lethally such as this pic. There's an aug canister in this room, just had so scramble a rush and baton everyone in the face plan, what a load of shit. Some of the changes in GMDX are just fucking retarded.

But the AI changes were pretty good.
>>
>>377444653
mod your attitude to be less of a fucking plebian.
>>
>>377446979
No? No game is perfect and these issues are a fact. GMDX improves on them without deteriorating the experience. Those who think that swimming, dumbass ai or environmental aug greatly enhanced the vanilla gameplay are idiots.
>>
>>377447498
Im saying if you need mods to "fix" an experince thenit cannot be that great of an experince. I can think of plenty of good games that require zero mods.
>>
>>377447753
Good for you. How does that make Deus Ex shitty?
>>
>>377447225
use WP gep rockets for that room dude
>>
>>377447957
I was doing a non-lethal stealth run, so no. The point is that the game was originally designed for those troops not to be immune to gas grenades/pepper spray, it just makes group encounters annoying for non lethal builds.
>>
>>377447903
Im sorry but there should be no "what mods do i NEED" when talking about the great video games. "Its good when you JUST mod it to be good" is not a valid defense.
>>
>>377447031
>implying that remixes can't be better than the original
Luminosity: What if Bella Swan were intelligent?
Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality: What if Harry were intelligent (and an obnoxiously stuck-up SI)?
Little Moments: What if Ben and Gwen gradually fell in love between the original series and Alien Force?

See also MEIOU & Taxes, the Historical Immersion Project, Divide by ZERO... I've probably gotten LITERALLY a thousand times more enjoyment from fanfiction and mods than from the original works. There's no reason to deal with the originals when the remixes are signficantly and indisputably better.
>>
>>377446661
>The game intended to have brain dead AI, complete lack of aug balance and skills, and some shitty items that you barely use ever because of how cumbersome they are?

Yes, part of the charm.
>>
>>377448193
Regardless it was the final product and should be judged as such.
>>
>>377448064
That's not what I'm saying, stop pitting words in my mouth, you sperg. Deus ex is known not for its consistency, but for how much it excels in specific areas, specifically some level design, deep character progression coupled with RPG systems and story. The game obviously has issues with balance and AI, you have to be retarded not to admit it. But even with those issues Deus Ex is a great game. I'm done talking with you when you obviously can't read for shit.
>>
File: 1480880866078.jpg (97KB, 797x465px) Image search: [Google]
1480880866078.jpg
97KB, 797x465px
I played it without mods the first time, no trouble whatsoever. I did notice a bug where you could talk to that dude before you got on the helicopter ot get a fuckton of XP to level all your skills.
>>
>>377448507
>I played it without mods the first time, no trouble whatsoever.

Same here. Once I got over the clunky controls the game became incredibly addicting.
>>
>>377448567
Not gonna lie, I wasn't enjoying myself at all at Liberty Island and I even stopped playing for a while but past that the game was fucking amazing.
>>
>>377448391
So does it need mods or not?
>>
File: 1483296242757.png (280KB, 429x561px) Image search: [Google]
1483296242757.png
280KB, 429x561px
>>377448725
I still don't know how to instantly stun people with the prod. They just do their little dance, and then I have to prod them again.
>>
>>377449096
Crouch and hit them slightly above the view. Its what i did.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.