[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can tell you what ruins games from inside. It isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1489261006848.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1489261006848.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
I can tell you what ruins games from inside.

It isn't advertisers, the publishers or the need to appeal to braindead investors - that deals a lot of it's own damage, sure, but it's a tumor on an already unhealthy organism.

What ruins games are people making games - specifically team leaders and project leaders. There are two skills that very rarely appear in one person - the ability to run a team and the ability to think critically about oneself. Basically all the leaders I worked under are people you cannot talk to - no matter how many arguments and examples you'll provide, they'll always twist it in a way to make their delusional way of thinking the one that needs to be pushed.

Games aren't watered down because evil corporate men decide to make shitty games. They're made because the people that get to decide on the games are the exact same garbage-eaters that then buy these games.

(Oh yes, you can also give the control to the guy that can think critically, but then he'll spend your budget in a month creating smart bug AI for your open-world RPG, you basically get a Kojima)
>>
>>377442563
Sweet ass.
>>
>>377442563
>2B has the best ass in vid-
>>
>>377442664
Well, 2B's ass is better than that
>>
File: 125786e.webm (3MB, 480x853px) Image search: [Google]
125786e.webm
3MB, 480x853px
this is now a harley thread
>>
Obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZazEM8cgt0
>>
Don't worry OP, I understand you.
>>
>>377442563

>Dude blame middle management lmao

They're just doing their jobs, which is to impose the will of their boss. Blame the people upstairs.
>>
>>377443138

Blame everyone, each to their own fault.
>>
>>377443138
I'm talking about both.

Upper management imposes their shitty ideas.

Middle management imposes their shitty ideas in areas where upper management can't intervene because they're too stupid (technical stuff).
>>
What is that material supposed to even be? It looks like leather but doesn't fit like leather. It can't just be wet cloth because it's always glossy even when not in the rain. It can't be latex because again, it doesn't fit like latex would.
>>
>>377442787
>t. ireland
>>
>>377443494

Go independent anon, you could make the next spelunky.
>>
>>377443582
Why the fuck do you use memes when they don't fit, you goddamn imbecile?
>>
>>377443706
>t. Mehmet
>>
>>377443706
t. low test incel
>>
>>377443706
>t. cuckboi
>>
never post a pic more interesting than your topic op
>>
>>377442563
Agreed. Leadership is the most decisive factor for quality.
>>
>>377443494
I think this is why I like Nintendo so much, say what your want about their methods and games but their company structure is built to put appealing concepts before almost every thing in order to keep themselves successful. You can tell from dev interviews that most won't talk out of their ass and look into detail over how they worked through game development, (God I miss Iwata Asks).
>>
>>377442563

If you don't have managers then you end up like Valve, never releasing any fucking games at all and just pissing about forever.
>>
>>377442563
>They're made because the people that get to decide on the games are the exact same garbage-eaters that then buy these games.

This and the fact publishers no longer want to try something new or creative. Just, "let's make a game that's better than 'x' game."
>>
>>377445343
Publishers mostly have no idea what they're talking about, but they're rich and have self-esteem issues (money despite lack of any talent), so they'll pose among other investors as though they know everything.

Which mostly comes down to "How much like The Witcher 3 is it?". You make shit up that's easy to digest and easy to ask questions about.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.