[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loved Destiny, never played any of the DLC, is it worth getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

Loved Destiny, never played any of the DLC, is it worth getting this late in the game at only 40 bucks now
>>
>>377441497

no
>>
>>377441497
yes
>>
>>377441497
dead game
shit game
>>
>>377441724
>7441724▶
>>>377441497 (OP)
is it dead though?
>>
>>377441497
Yes
>>
>>377441497
the community is alive and well if you arent poor 40 bucks is nothing compared to what it originally costed people
>>
>>377441497
honestly pretty worth
>>
why the fuck would you buy it now when Destiny 2 includes the entire first game?
>>
>>377441497
yes
>>
>>377441497
Yeah. Destiny 1 for 40$ is a great value deal. Anyone coming to Destiny after The Taken King probably won't have any qualms about its price, or at least I know I didn't.

>>377443236
It doesn't.
>>
>>377443236
are you that retarded?
>>
>>377442723
> if you arent poor 40 bucks is nothing compared to what it originally cost
If you are not stupid 40 bucks is still far too much for what it is worth.
>>
>>377443236
Destiny 1 characters will be transfered over to 2.
>>
It requires PS+ or XBox Live right?
>>
>>377443660
yep
>>
>>377443715
fuck it then
>>
>>377443779
if you're already paying for online whats the bother then
>>
>>377441497
I only ever played the game for like 2 hours and got bored. Not sure if the dlc actually makes it a good game. Everyone says it makes it better.
>>
>>377443957
I refuse to pay for multiplayer so I'm not
>>
how the fuck does this game even play out?
Does it have some kind of a single player campaing, or is it just mmo?
I still don't know.
>>
>>377441497
It's pretty great, adds and fixes a lot of the things that were missing in the original release. That said for me personally the main reason I still play the game is the people I play it with and you might not get that if you join now.

>>377442339
There are still people playing. But at this point all the content that's ever gonna be released for it has been and most people that have been playing it for a while have gone through all of it probably multiple times already so the people still left are the dedicated ones and the people that just bought it on a sale or something.
>>
>>377444519
It's mainly a single player FPS with "raids" and an open world where you can team up with others and events.
>>
>>377444519
They give you a bunch of stuff you can play for a month or two and then they release dlc locking you out of previous content.
My copy of destiny 1 is completely worthless, i'm locked out over half the content I could play at launch.
Truly despicable, do not give them any money.
>>
>>377444519
It does have story missions and cinematics. The main complaint about the original release tho was the presentation of the story. The first expansion fixed it for the most part but I'm not sure how much you're gonna get out of the game if you just wanna play it as a single player game. You have the main game and 2 pieces of DLC and 2 expansions. Each of these has their own storyline and they do sort of intertwine and lead into each other.

>>377445058
What? I know they restructured the story missions with The Taken King but what exactly are you locked out of? PvP playlists?
>>
>>377445235
There were like 10-15 missions, I beat the game in like 2 days.
Over half the content came from daily/weekly/monthly missions, not too mention most of those didn't even have matchmaking, so you either had to have your friends buy into this scam or search 3 hours online for people to play with only for one of them to leave 10 minutes in.
DO NOT BUY IT.
>>
>>377445375
Oh you mean strikes. You can still play all of the old ones but since it's more like an MMO most people do have the expansions and so they're playing the high level versions of those missions. As for the length of the matchmaking are you saying it's lasting 3 hours to find a match now or even back when the content was new?
>>
>>377445375
You're retarded. If he buys the game now, he's already buying the base game plus all the expansions for no more than $60. He won't be locked out of anything, specially now that there won't be any more expansions coming for Destiny 1.
>>
>>377446260
That's not the point, the point is that this shit is one big scam and therefore he should not buy it.
Especially seeing as this "big playerbase" that's still left will all buy destiny 2 like the good sheep they are and then he'll have a completely unplayable game cause he can't find anyone to play with.
>>
Wasn't destiny going to have a 10 year cycle? what happened to that?
>>
>>377446437
It's not a big scam, though. Anyone who started playing with The Taken King can tell you that. Destiny at launch was a sad thing, but Bungie really redeemed themselves after that. People just can't look past first impressions.
>>
>>377441497
It's worth it yeah. Most of the game can be soloed and you'd be able to catch up in less than a month probably, D2 is still many months away.
>>
>>377446916
Op here im level 34 and Light level 200, Im not up there but I got to this point with just the vanilla game, from what people are saying i=I think it would definitely be worth it, I loved this game even in its Vanilla stage all the memories and experiences were baffling to me, not mention I had a broken leg when it first came out and all I did for weeks was play it
>>
Destiny is now a complete game and with it being literally half the price it was at launch with expansion pass its well worth and Destiny 2 is months away so that play time is still well worth it
>>
Arent most of the strikes for the first two expansions for lower level players?
>>
>>377446493
Bungie has a 10 year franchise deal with Activision. It was always going to be multiple games, in fact I think they're at least 2 years late with the second one.
>>
>>377449026
I think most of them were either remade or just have a higher level version of them. I'm not sure there are any not playable at the highest level with loot being able to go up to 400 light level, at least from the final chest.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.